Reputation score
Re: Member Announcements Thread

Sorry to hear that OAMP. *snugs and cookies*

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Taking one of the cats to the vet later to be put down. :(

(A really old, skinny one, not the two that I posted pics of.)
What's wrong with her?

also, EXAMS ARE DONE. I'll be school and homework free until I return to class in the Fall. HOOAH.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

What's wrong with her?

also, EXAMS ARE DONE. I'll be school and homework free until I return to class in the Fall. HOOAH.
She was like 15+ years old, we weren't sure, we found her about that long ago. She had a possible stroke about 6 months ago, or maybe just a severe ear infection. While she survived that rather well, her personality really changed, as well as causing lingering balance issues. She would demand food, then not eat it, almost constantly. That was all well and good, but the past two weeks she started just relieving herself wherever she pleased, as well as hiding like cats when they don't feel well. She probably wasn't going to last much longer either way, so it was probably best to do that before she got even worse.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

She was like 15+ years old, we weren't sure, we found her about that long ago. She had a possible stroke about 6 months ago, or maybe just a severe ear infection. While she survived that rather well, her personality really changed, as well as causing lingering balance issues. She would demand food, then not eat it, almost constantly. That was all well and good, but the past two weeks she started just relieving herself wherever she pleased, as well as hiding like cats when they don't feel well. She probably wasn't going to last much longer either way, so it was probably best to do that before she got even worse.
Yeah, that sounds like it was the best decision for you and for her. The poor girl. -hughug-

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Terribly sorry about the cat, but it sounds like it was for the best... Know the feeling, and I sympathize.

And now for something completely different...

Yesterday I got really sunburned on my back, but in foresight, I drove to the pharmacy and bought some really good after-sun gel. It worked wonders, and I was actually able to sleep well last night. (Albeit on my stomach.)

Then today, I went to a "Naprapath" It's some sort of masseur/acupuncture/cracking of joints and everything hybrid. Now, I tell her that I've been really sunburned... But the after-sun gel was so effective it barely looked like I had a burn at all. She then, after a bit of massaging and such, brings out what she calls "Super strong tiger balm." And warns me that some of her clients find it burns too much, and tells me that it's okay to wash it away if I find it burns too much. Yeah, that's what it does to normal skin...

On my skin however, that was burned deep red yesterday...

After standing in the shower with cold-water until I was trembling... Then applying insane amounts of the previously mentioned after-sun gel, (protip, it didn't really help.) The burning sensation has now gone down to feeling like I've got pieces of charcoal stuck on my back, so that's an improvement...

TLDR: If you're sunburned, don't let anyone put Extra super strength tiger balm harvested from the 7th circle of hell on you... It will be mildly uncomfortable.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Terribly sorry about the cat, but it sounds like it was for the best... Know the feeling, and I sympathize.

And now for something completely different...

Yesterday I got really sunburned on my back, but in foresight, I drove to the pharmacy and bought some really good after-sun gel. It worked wonders, and I was actually able to sleep well last night. (Albeit on my stomach.)

Then today, I went to a "Naprapath" It's some sort of masseur/acupuncture/cracking of joints and everything hybrid. Now, I tell her that I've been really sunburned... But the after-sun gel was so effective it barely looked like I had a burn at all. She then, after a bit of massaging and such, brings out what she calls "Super strong tiger balm." And warns me that some of her clients find it burns too much, and tells me that it's okay to wash it away if I find it burns too much. Yeah, that's what it does to normal skin...

On my skin however, that was burned deep red yesterday...

After standing in the shower with cold-water until I was trembling... Then applying insane amounts of the previously mentioned after-sun gel, (protip, it didn't really help.) The burning sensation has now gone down to feeling like I've got pieces of charcoal stuck on my back, so that's an improvement...

TLDR: If you're sunburned, don't let anyone put Extra super strength tiger balm harvested from the 7th circle of hell on you... It will be mildly uncomfortable.
Why would you go to a such place in the first place?

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Because I have a bad neck, and the doctors said "We can give you some medicine to treat some of the symptoms." And by symptoms they meant pain, and by medicine they meant painkillers...

I don't like painkillers.

The massage place has helped, though I'm unsure as to why they put tiger balm on my back...

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

My irl has been crazy bust for a while. This coming week I should have more time but doctor thinks my grandpa may have kidney cancer. We are going to his church which is a bit away from my house tomorrow and I have to be up pretty early and likely won't have time to blow here in the forums then. I work 8am-1pm Monday, so maybe Monday afternoon and the two days after proceeding it I can ge the ball rolling with rps again. But I gave a crazy rl; and it comes before the interwebz.

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

My irl has been crazy bust for a while. This coming week I should have more time but doctor thinks my grandpa may have kidney cancer. We are going to his church which is a bit away from my house tomorrow and I have to be up pretty early and likely won't have time to blow here in the forums then. I work 8am-1pm Monday, so maybe Monday afternoon and the two days after proceeding it I can ge the ball rolling with rps again. But I gave a crazy rl; and it comes before the interwebz.
Well hope your grandfather is ok.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Unfortunately, RL sometimes has to come first. Hopeful thoughts for your grandfather and take the time you need, Tenta. We'll still be here when you get back. At least in theory.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I hope he turns out alright, I know what it's like to have a grandparent with cancer. -hughug-

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That sucks...

Oh yeah, and I'm baaaaack...

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Did you not get it, or break the (admittedly not yet rolling) chain on purpose?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow, trying to recycle such an old meme literally made me punch my screen.

You're buying me a new monitor.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Wow, trying to recycle such an old meme literally made me punch my screen.

You're buying me a new monitor.
Eh, I'll just send you my old one from like 1995.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

*Edit* scratch that, I don't know how long I'll be gone. Cya in the funny papers

Last edited: