What's new

Member Announcements Thread

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcements Thread

Back from my vacation, didn't get to do much sightseeing, but had tons of fun playing Shadows over Camelot, Ascension aaaaand Descent: Journeys in the Dark.
The 4 hour train ride to and from Gdansk into Poznan wasn't really worth the cheaper flight ticket though.
Being intolerant to heat didn't help much either, until the final day when a certain massive thunderstorm rolled in and turned the streets into a river, was a pretty awesome final to the trip.
The flights went okay apart from being stopped for questioning by security when I landed back in Sweden, apparently going on a vacation for 2 weeks with a bunch of friends is a threat to national security... assholes.
And I still can't get it out of my head over how soft the tapwater was and its "soapy" texture, at least it meant I didn't have to shower for an extra half an hour just to get the soap out of my eyes.
Looking forward to the winter as I was invited by the Finns to visit them for some sauna hijinks and more.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Gonna be off the internet likes for a good majority of next week, due to my rents getting their craft/craft supply booth into the local fair and wanting me on hand if they get too busy for register and pack mule duties.

Don't expect my posting speed to change much, though.

Obsidious

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Gonna be off the internet likes for a good majority of next week, due to my rents getting their craft/craft supply booth into the local fair and wanting me on hand if they get too busy for register and pack mule duties.

Don't expect my posting speed to change much, though.
What defines posting speed? You do have 2.5 posts per day, after all. That's, like, so many words.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

What defines posting speed? You do have 2.5 posts per day, after all. That's, like, so many words.
Meant for my roleplays. It was a subtle jab that I DIDN'T have a posting speed in regard to those.

Not funny if I gotta explain it :V

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Started an exercise routine today. I have my mind in order, now I need to get my house and my body in order and then the rest will fall into place.

Walked two laps, but the journey of a thousand miles and all that..

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Good luck to you, Chibs! You're doing it, which is the first step (no pun intended). Hope all goes well for you!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Good luck from me as well Chibi. I just started working out again myself this last month. It's amazing how fast a person's body can get out of shape when you haven't exercised in a while.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Back. Ended dat crazy trip with a series of escalating disasters. Well that was fun... least now I can properly gameveg all ovar now \o/

R

Ryka

I am accepting drawings of Lila. It has been several years since I had this picture in my signature, and since then, I have come to hate the artist. Not for the picture, but for his being born and crawling the earth.

So if any of my friends want to take a crack at drawing Lila better than he, I would gladly credit them.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Nunu just gave my first lecture!

I spoke to fast and finished it in half the time and didn't really cover the admin stuff properly! But I didn't really freeze so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's great Nunu! Congrats.

Time management is probably the hardest part of public speaking, but at least you finished too quickly not too slowly. I'm sure you'll be even better next time. It just takes practice.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Most people finish too quickly, you're more likely to speak faster due to nerves than to slow down.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I spoke to fast and finished it in half the time and didn't really cover the admin stuff properly! But I didn't really freeze so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Good for you, Nu! It definitely takes practice when it comes to public speaking, so the more you do it, the more comfortable you'll get with it. Never fear. And aye, better to wrap up quick than to drone on.

Most people finish too quickly, you're more likely to speak faster due to nerves than to slow down.
I am not saying a damn word about "finishing too quickly." It's just too damn easy.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

So. This exercise thing.

I hurt. I feel good, but i hurt and I'm gross and sweaty.

I feel fantastic about myself though

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Chibi needs to get someone to show her how to properly stretch.

I say this because I used to work out, and I had probably the same hurts. Then my physical therapist/trainer sister showed me how to stretch, and I recovered the next day.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So. This exercise thing.

You'll get that a lot at first, stretching or no. I'm kinda going through the same at the moment.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Aye, you'll hurt quite a bit at first. I know when I first started my karate lessons that I did long ago I hurt like a son of a bitch. But after a week or two or doing that, and exercising every day, I didn't hurt anymore. However that was long ago and I'm quite out of shape compared to back then, but I've decided to start exercising again to get back into good shape too, so you aren't alone Chibi, just so you know. :)

Pushups and situps are a good starting point, just try a few a day, maybe 20 to 30 or so once or twice a day, preferably when you first wake up and not long before bed, if you opt for doing them twice a day, but I prefer to do mine not long before bed if only doing them once a day because that way I burn any calories from dinner that I get and don't burn off easily. Also sometime throughout the day, some walking or jogging is good for you too, but nothing too much at first of course, just kind of build yourself up to do more and more every few days, like maybe a lap or two around your house to start with, then after a few days work your way up to 3 or 4 and so on. If you've got a treadmill then you could and probably should use it instead of course, I just like to get outside for my jogging personally.

That's what I did when I was in karate class at least, and it's what I've started to do again now. Just a couple of laps around the house and the pushups and situps. It's just a suggestion though, so you need not take my advice unless you just want to Chibi. Just trying to help out some by saying what I used to do and what I've started doing again. ;)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Personally, I've found that once your SO gets used to the smell of your workout scents, they come to be attracted to it, and motivation for working out gets a lot easier. Plus, it doesn't feel "gross" anymore.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Teaching is always difficult, even if you know the subject matter. Last time I taught a class I finished much quicker than the time I was supposed to (free food for Copper jokes). Not freezing though is great, and practice always makes better.

So. This exercise thing.

The burn, it's all about that burn. Even with good stretching, you'll hurt the next day if it's a particularly difficult work out.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Properly stretching and warming up actually helps tremendously, I repeat properly. If you aren't doing it properly it won't help a bit though even with the proper warmup you'll still probably have a bit of pain. It should be a good pain rather than an oh shit I'm going to die pain. I use the same warmup routine I did all those years in the army so if you need a good warm-up routine I can always give you one.

The same applies to the actual exercise itself, doing one perfect pushup does more than doing 50 shitty ones. Pushups and curlups are a great starting point. I highly suggest no one do situps they are one of the worst exercises for your body which is why the military changed to curlups.

I usually do upper body on Mondays, sprinting or other aerobic exercise on Tuesday, lower body on Wednesday, something fun like basketball or racquetball or a rest day on Thursday, and Friday take a nice long jog or hike, rest the weekend.

Of course the most important thing is to enjoy yourself and simply keep it up.