What's new

ACT [Mille feuille] 極煌戦姫ミストルティア ベルトスクロールアクション / BlazingAngel Mistletear (RJ171858)

afhc2x17

Lurker
Reputation score
I had missed this one, probably due to moonrunes. Does anyone know where to find the eng version? I looked it up on the cat site and a few other game sharing blogs but i can't find this one yet.
Maybe it's included in the most recent version, in that case you'll want to wait a while.

Subtle

Reputation score
what is the difference betweeen stage select and stage select 2?
Stage Select 1 only lets you start a game at any stage you've reached.
Stage Select 2 lets you start a game at any stage even if you haven't reached it yet.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
You know, I have to admit, I didn't expect in the English translation for there to be a surprising realistic reaction to being raped.
Kind of some mood whiplash after seeing how silly the Professor's world domination plot was, to Akira's shower scene.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If she gets raped during a stage (or series of stages) and you then beat it, you'll have an aftermath cutscene dealing with Akira's trauma. (The first stage has the shower scene.)

If you lose your last life, you instead get a "raped until she breaks" scene based on the enemy that beat her, followed by a bad ending based on what stage you lost at. (Though the mindbreak scenes are at least somewhat justified by the Professor having fucked with her biology. She's supposed to be a perfect super soldier slave, after all.)

Reputation score
Getting an error when I try to run the game.

Can't tell you what the error is, because the text is fucked up. I have my locale set to Japanese and I have the Japanese language packs installed, so by all rights it should be capable of displaying Japanese characters.

The only legible parts of the error text are "ANSI" and "Unicode". I do have Japanese selected as the language for non-Unicode, so I'm at a loss as to what other settings could be causing this.

This isn't the only game I get the text display issues (though I can play other Japanese games just fine), but it's the only one that prevents me from actually running the game.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
@MetroidSuperFan : Could you provide a screenshot ? It may help, because like that the only answer coming to mind is that you're not really in japanese local setting...

@Blessed Shikibuss : the game ? no. It's also on getchu and DMM.... (check the dev game's page for a list -> ). But if you want it in english, then dl site english is the only option.

Reputation score
Screenshot attached.

It's weird: you can see that the window is titled "エラー" like it should be, but the text inside the window is all screwed up.

Also, if I'm not in the Japanese locale, then what exactly is my settings page saying?

Attachments

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, the 1st screenshot seem to hint as some problem with japanese local (the symbol in lieu of jape text in the upper left pop up).
And from the 2nd screenshot I'm wondering if you're not using win 8 or 10 maybe ? (officially the game work on window vista and after - release when win 8 & 10 were already out - but I don't know theses OS).

Just for curiosity, try to start the game with local emulator (and if that the case, remove all japanese from the folder path).

But honestly, I never seen that kind of error message so that mostly guesswork on my side....

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
How are you meant to really be "farming" points in this anyway? I've been playing it a bit now, and got up to like, stage 8 I think (1 continue thus far), and you really seem to earn really, really low amount of points with how much there is to unlock...
I also seem to really suck at this game, since I can only ever seem to be able to consistently do the Plasma Knuckle, and the slimes become a real issue. Or well, most enemies anyway, since I only have one attack I can really do with any level of reliability.

rugirusa

Reputation score
Screenshot attached.

It's weird: you can see that the window is titled "エラー" like it should be, but the text inside the window is all screwed up.

Also, if I'm not in the Japanese locale, then what exactly is my settings page saying?
From the 2nd screenshot Uncheck Use Unicode.

rugirusa

Reputation score
Well, the 1st screenshot seem to hint as some problem with japanese local (the symbol in lieu of jape text in the upper left pop up).
And from the 2nd screenshot I'm wondering if you're not using win 8 or 10 maybe ? (officially the game work on window vista and after - release when win 8 & 10 were already out - but I don't know theses OS).

Just for curiosity, try to start the game with local emulator (and if that the case, remove all japanese from the folder path).

But honestly, I never seen that kind of error message so that mostly guesswork on my side....
Japanese version and English works on all versions of Windows including XP

Reputation score
From the 2nd screenshot Uncheck Use Unicode.
Tried that; doesn't seem to help.

How can I not be set to Japanese locale if I am set to Japanese locale? :?

Edit: Started up with zero issues in Locale Emulator. Gonna mess with some settings and see if I can't pinpoint the cause.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Edit: Started up with zero issues in Locale Emulator. Gonna mess with some settings and see if I can't pinpoint the cause.
Not setting the PC to Japan region and Japanese date and time is an easy way to screw some 18+ h-games up.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
How are you meant to really be "farming" points in this anyway? I've been playing it a bit now, and got up to like, stage 8 I think (1 continue thus far), and you really seem to earn really, really low amount of points with how much there is to unlock...
I also seem to really suck at this game, since I can only ever seem to be able to consistently do the Plasma Knuckle, and the slimes become a real issue. Or well, most enemies anyway, since I only have one attack I can really do with any level of reliability.
Actually losing is worth a giant chunk of point, though I don't know if you need to run out of continues or just not continue. I haven't played it as much as I'd like too.

The slide is relatively easy to do - just hit forward and back a few times and then attack. This game would be much harder to play without a controller, though. Alternatively, just let the slimes swarm you and immediately hit your escape attack (Plasma Smash is thing is what she's saying); that'll hopefully wreck the slimes on the spot.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Best way of farming points is to run the final boss and always get a perfect score at the end. Points are gained by completing stages with a bonus for getting perfect scores. For the first game, it's easy to just run the last boss repeatedly and farm points from there.

zipetya

Reputation score

Glad you got it to work, finally.
What rugirusa wanted you to try, though, is to uncheck "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8..." as seen in the second screenshot. Maybe you did just that and there wasn't any actual misunderstanding, but just saying - I wasn't sure you two didn't just miscommunicate or something.

Locale Emulator ftw.

Bryanis

Reputation score
If it work with LE, than that mean that the game require something more than what you did switched to japanese (date, keyboard.... some game have ridiculous demand....).

But honestly, with doing just what you showed on win 7 (except the beta case which I don't have), the game run perfectly fine on my side.

Worst case scenario, the asian language pack is corrupted - but that would mean many other game failing to start....

Reputation score
This isn't the only game I had text errors on, but it was the only game that refused to actually run.

In any case, the weird thing was that my previous install of Win 10 worked perfectly after setting it to Japanese locale. Only after the reinstallation did this happen.

I messed with a bunch of stuff including checking and unchecking that box, setting the display language to Japanese, setting Japanese time and date... none of it seemed to make a difference.

Is there a way to reinstall the Asian language pack if it is indeed corrupted?

LE does seem convenient enough to work with though, so it's not a tremendous deal.