What's new

ACT Loli Ryona [Mogura Soft] 聖騎士リッカの物語 白翼と淫翼の姉妹 / The Fairy Tale of Holy Knight Ricca: Two Winged Sisters (RJ297937 / RJ363824)

Draconix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Fingers crossed for more H-traps, but game is very promising so far

easy85

Reputation score
My biggest issues with this game:
  • jumping is too floaty and unresponsive which sucks when you have to do timed jumping (moving logs, magical swords, chains),
  • enemies on the other side of death pits that you can't see before you jump - man, you simply don't do something like this when fall damage is insta-death,
  • knockback from some enemies is ridiculous - heroine flies the whole screen away and often lands in a death pit...
I feel like controls have to be more "tight" to fit the intended gameplay. Some animation cancelling is needed, otherwise the game will be very annoying is some parts (enemy charges and quick attacks, jumping, etc.). Blocking or magic should cancel attacks or movement and the whole jumping animation should be faster.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Demo was fantastic. This genuinely seems worth getting excited for. All the issues I've had with it are pretty minor, I do wish it focused more on grapples than elaborate, heavily telegraphed game over scenes but that's just a matter of taste. Customization is gonna be great fun. A bit noticeable how the demo only had scenes with humanoids but the previews already showed its gonna have some variety too which is great.

That said this game turns my computer into a vacuum cleaner no matter how much I scale the graphics down, anyone else have the same problem?

PotatoG6

Reputation score
My biggest issues with this game:
  • jumping is too floaty and unresponsive which sucks when you have to do timed jumping (moving logs, magical swords, chains),
  • enemies on the other side of death pits that you can't see before you jump - man, you simply don't do something like this when fall damage is insta-death,
  • knockback from some enemies is ridiculous - heroine flies the whole screen away and often lands in a death pit...
I feel like controls have to be more "tight" to fit the intended gameplay. Some animation cancelling is needed, otherwise the game will be very annoying is some parts (enemy charges and quick attacks, jumping, etc.). Blocking or magic should cancel attacks or movement and the whole jumping animation should be faster.
I recommend sharing these comments to the devs himself on his twitter or Ci-ne page. He'll read english comments and answer any questions.

(Comment on the latest articles)

Demo was fantastic. This genuinely seems worth getting excited for. All the issues I've had with it are pretty minor, I do wish it focused more on grapples than elaborate, heavily telegraphed game over scenes but that's just a matter of taste. Customization is gonna be great fun. A bit noticeable how the demo only had scenes with humanoids but the previews already showed its gonna have some variety too which is great.

That said this game turns my computer into a vacuum cleaner no matter how much I scale the graphics down, anyone else have the same problem?
I have a rtx 3070 and it uses like 95% of my gpu during H scenes lol.

The reason why he's going with game over scenes or event scenes is because I assume his 3D H scenes are more scripted so It just doesn't work well during live gameplay. Seems like he just prefers the more scripted H scenes. Also, I don't know what you mean about the demo only having scenes with humanoid. If you look at the 5 H scenes he showed. There was only 1 out of the 5 scenes unless you count the zombies as humanoid but I personally wouldn't.
Fingers crossed for more H-traps, but game is very promising so far
At the end of april, the dev said that he won't be adding any more content to the game. So, I wouldn't hope for anything new being added to the game. The rest of the time before the release date will be spent on bug fixes and quality improvements.

Last edited:

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Graphics and CPU? I was able to run it on the lowest settings at stable 50-60 with a Vega 8 and Ryzen 5 3500U

PotatoG6

Reputation score
So far, I have confirmed all these H content for the final product.

3 goblin scenes, thugs, regular males, zombies, golems, mud giant, ugly bastard, stuck in wall content, fishes (lol), incest, yuri, tentacles, insects (Spider/Fly), pregnancy, giving birth, tickle fetish with a bunch of hands, petrification content involving soldiers, sex machine, and H traps. There's other confirmed stuff like hypnosis/corruption but I'm not exactly sure how it'll be implemented. Hopefully we get more info regarding the H content next month.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oddly enough this game runs smoot as butter in my potato pc, it is incredibly optimized.

About scripted h scenes, i prefer them this way.

About movement cancellation, it indeed is a thing, but its divided in unlockable skills (using crystals).

About floaty jump, and movement in general, yes, its very very stiff, and while not a fan of that, i can see the game beint extremely easy if she was faster. How the game is structured, She needs to be this way .

One thing though, the last boss in the demo is a goddamn enormous difficulty spike and i'd even go as far as to dare call it cheap/unfair.
Now, this doesn't mean i didn't find a way to cheese him, but that way shows in itself exactly this.
He blocks everything, and when he stops blocking and attacks has superarmor, and you cannot go past him to dodge him. It's insane.
Only way i could defeat him is by spamming super special move+1 heavy combo, rinse and repeat.
Anyone else?

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
man, this game ticked off three different antivirus alerts. all false positives no doubt, someone would have said something. I will say, the game made my fans go full blast for some god forsaken reason. they never got that loud, even during RE8 or other visually demanding games. It probably needs to be optimized.

game is pretty good, but the sealed off gallery is abit annoying. mostly nitpicks here, nothing glaring.

Odd-Eye

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So, after beating the tutorial stage, i get stuck on a endless loading screen.
Any idea how to fix it?
Same issue here. The tutorial stage load quickly and play without any issue, regardless of the settings (from lowest to highest). But once this stage is over, the loading screen keep... well... loading.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Graphics and CPU? I was able to run it on the lowest settings at stable 50-60 with a Vega 8 and Ryzen 5 3500U
Short answer; good enough. The game has zero performance issues but my fans go absolutely nuts (just as neutral said a few posts up)

If I were to guess; this is usually an issue caused by games having no framerate cap, so I wouldn't be suprised if my computer calculates 300 FPS or something. I tried asking the dev about it, I'm not seeing my comment yet so I'll have to see if it came through and if he's gonna reply.

EDIT: Turns out I was completely Spot-on, down the estimated 300 FPS
" Thank you for playing the trial version! The FPS limit of the game is defined in "targetFPS" in Game/config.txt. By default, it is set to 300 FPS." Changing the "targetFPS" to a lower value may reduce the load on the computer and make the cooling system quieter. *The config.txt file will be generated when you start the game. As an alternative, you can turn V-Sync on and off in the game under Settings > Display. Since most displays have a refresh rate of 60 Hz or 120 Hz, this will reduce the load on your computer by refreshing the screen less frequently than the default "targetFPS" FPS."

Last edited:

easy85

Reputation score
About floaty jump, and movement in general, yes, its very very stiff, and while not a fan of that, i can see the game beint extremely easy if she was faster. How the game is structured, She needs to be this way .
No, it's doesn't have to be that way and it has nothing to do with difficulty. It's not difficulty if you make floaty combat/animations so you can't react to enemy attacks/actions because of animation commitment. This is "fake difficulty" caused by unresponsive controls. Just wait for some bosses that will require jumping (because there is one in every game like this)... It's going to be annoying as hell.

If heroine has faster animations and actually reacts properly to controls then you can make enemies harder by increasing their damage and speed. Then it's your fault (you didn't dodge, jump, block, etc.) when you die, not game's "bullshitery" which is "true difficulty".
Honestly, nearly all 3D action or sidescrolling games have this issue with floaty animations and bad controls. I don't remember even one game that nailed something as simple as jumping mechanics - it's always just rage and frustration in every platforming section of those games.
One thing though, the last boss in the demo is a goddamn enormous difficulty spike and i'd even go as far as to dare call it cheap/unfair.
Unfortunately, there is some"cheap" stuff in this game. I mean, enemies that knock you back into death pits - that's just trolling by the devs.
Boss may appear difficult because we skip a few stages. Heroine should be a lot stronger in full game by the time we get there.
That being said, I killed him without any skills, just a few HP upgrades because I spent all my crystals for customization elements. I cheesed him by jumping on the chains and attacking him while he was walking/idle. It took a bit of time, but it wasn't that hard.

PotatoG6

Reputation score
[/QUOTE]
Same issue here. The tutorial stage load quickly and play without any issue, regardless of the settings (from lowest to highest). But once this stage is over, the loading screen keep... well... loading.
The dev said it'll be fixed in the next update. Here is the comment he made on ci-ne.

"I added an article about the problem of getting stuck after the blackout after the tutorial. This bug will be fixed in the next version. The modified version will be posted as an article this weekend (06 / 18-20)."

No, it's doesn't have to be that way and it has nothing to do with difficulty. It's not difficulty if you make floaty combat/animations so you can't react to enemy attacks/actions because of animation commitment. This is "fake difficulty" caused by unresponsive controls. Just wait for some bosses that will require jumping (because there is one in every game like this)... It's going to be annoying as hell.

If heroine has faster animations and actually reacts properly to controls then you can make enemies harder by increasing their damage and speed. Then it's your fault (you didn't dodge, jump, block, etc.) when you die, not game's "bullshitery" which is "true difficulty".
Honestly, nearly all 3D action or sidescrolling games have this issue with floaty animations and bad controls. I don't remember even one game that nailed something as simple as jumping mechanics - it's always just rage and frustration in every platforming section of those games.
I agree that the movement system in general ain't the most responsive. Jumping is so frustrating when you're near a corner. The games I can think of with such great movement system is either Guilty Hell or Night of Revenge. Personally, I don't find it a major issue though. I'm going to be honest here. I mostly care about the H aspect of the game which is extremely high quality which explains why the gameplay flaws aren't that big of a deal for me.

Short answer; good enough. The game has zero performance issues but my fans go absolutely nuts (just as neutral said a few posts up)

If I were to guess; this is usually an issue caused by games having no framerate cap, so I wouldn't be suprised if my computer calculates 300 FPS or something. I tried asking the dev about it, I'm not seeing my comment yet so I'll have to see if it came through and if he's gonna reply.

EDIT: Turns out I was completely Spot-on, down the estimated 300 FPS
" Thank you for playing the trial version! The FPS limit of the game is defined in "targetFPS" in Game/config.txt. By default, it is set to 300 FPS." Changing the "targetFPS" to a lower value may reduce the load on the computer and make the cooling system quieter. *The config.txt file will be generated when you start the game. As an alternative, you can turn V-Sync on and off in the game under Settings > Display. Since most displays have a refresh rate of 60 Hz or 120 Hz, this will reduce the load on your computer by refreshing the screen less frequently than the default "targetFPS" FPS."
I don't see how it should matter if you have V sync on which limits the fps to the refresh rate of your screen and even without it off, there's no way you're getting that high of a FPS. I have a rtx 3070 and the highest FPS I got was 100 fps. Nothing close to the "300 FPS" so it's not like you would be getting unnecessary high FPS. Also, I don't think the game is as optimized as people say it is. Perhaps it's just 3000 series cards but I get a 70-99% gpu usage and that is what I get for AAA games.

Last edited:

Arue

Reputation score
Yep, i hade the same one so i contacted the devs, explained the problem and sent the logs, it's because of system localization language. They gonna fix it in the next update, but what works right now, actually the only way i managed to get rid of the problem (even switching to the jp locale wasn't helping), you can try to launch the HolyKnightRicca_Demo.exe (not the launcher, but the game itself in /Game sub-directory) with Ntleas lang. emulator if you have it. Should work just fine.

PotatoG6

Reputation score
Yep, i hade the same one so i contacted the devs, explained the problem and sent the logs, it's because of system localization language. They gonna fix it in the next update, but what works right now, actually the only way i managed to get rid of the problem (even switching to the jp locale wasn't helping), you can try to launch the HolyKnightRicca_Demo.exe (not the launcher, but the game itself in /Game sub-directory) with Ntleas lang. emulator if you have it. Should work just fine.
Weird cuz I don't have that issue.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If heroine has faster animations and actually reacts properly to controls then you can make enemies harder by increasing their damage and speed.
That was exactly my point you know.
If player is getting a buff, so should enemies. If only player gets a buff, it becomes easy af.

And about the boss, i see, then heh...you may be more skilled than me...

You know, this whole thing makes me think and takes me back...
This game is obviously ols fashioned, retro hard style.

Some may argue it is indeed unfair,
Some may argue today's games are too easy

I am not getting into that discussion, though.
I am just going to say that so far, the game seems ok to me.
By the way, if you have double jump upgrade, you can do a recovery jump out of stun animation (when enemies knock you back and send you flying), so there's that too.

Personally i think i can get where you're coming from...but, what i really do think, more than that, is that you are ignoring some key aspects, like that recovery jump, and exactly like that strategy you used with that boss that I myself ignored.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I just went the lazy route, gave myself a ton of crystals using Cheat Engine, and bought all the upgrades I could. That thankfully seemed to make controlling the heroine a lot easier, at least, so if you're not really that interested in giving yourself an old-school challenge, look into doing that (or at least buy the jump/movement upgrades ASAP).

That being said, I was surprised at how high-quality this seems to be. The scenes shown so far seem right up my alley, too (looking forward to the golem and hopefully more scenes with the fairy), so I hope this doesn't hit any bumps on the way to release.

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
So I just went and finished the trial on Hard and holy shit the stage 7 boss Goblin General is hardcore. Took me dozens of tries before I beat him.
It may be because we skipped a few stages, but either way you really want to grind a bunch of upgrades and stuff before you take on stage 7. Don't be like me, who took on the boss with only level 2 HP/MP/armor upgrades.
Getting to Double Jump ASAP is basically mandatory, and then you probably want to put a bunch of levels on HP/MP/armor, as well as buy some healing items (they can be used in the ESC pause screen menu). Also you really want to get used to the just guard system (guard just as the enemy attack is going to hit), most of the Goblin General's attacks (big enemies in general, actually) will posture-break and chip you to death unless you just guard.
My personal strategy is to bait his jumping attack, just guard it and immediately perform 6X J.2X (standing heavy, jump cancel, jumping downward attack) while disengaging backwards or over him, whichever has more space. His normal swings can be just guarded too, but there's only room for one X (standing light) after each of his normal swings; best to wait for the horizontal and jump over him.
If he guards in front of me, I jump over him and sometimes J.2X to hit the back of his head. Bit risky, sometimes I get countered if I hit his shield.
If he does the tornado thing, I use the chains and double jumping to avoid it (not too hard even if he does the flying tornado, double jump is god), wait for him to stop, punish with 6X J.2X and disengage. If I do it right even if he does a second tornado I'm away from the immediate blast zone.
When he summons the crazed goblin mooks I stay up in the chains and hope he does the tornado thing to eliminate the crazed goblins for me. After the crazed goblins are done I can use the (C) lightning supermove into 6X.X.X.X heavy combo to rush the last bits of his health.
Come to think of it I can probably use (C) to eliminate the crazed goblins too. Something for later tries.

Other observations:
- Armor provides a huge amount of damage mitigation, so keep your armor upgraded and maybe keep a couple armor repair items. If you get armor broken you'll be taking so much more damage.
- Different pieces of clothing have different resistances and weight, like how the Miko Dress have slightly higher R.Lightning than the Holy Knight Dress at the cost of slightly less R.Fire and R.Ice (Holy Knight Breastplate is still the best torso armor for R.Phys). The Armored Miko Sleeves have slightly more R.Phys and R.Lightning than the Holy Knight Gauntlets, but slightly less R.Fire and R.Ice. The Armored Thighboots are basically a direct upgrade to the Holy Knight Greaves. More coverage generally means more protection and more weight, which means slower running speed.
- Different weapons seem to have different actions and effects, like the Oodachi which increases in power as you build combos, or the Lance which has a sweetspot at the tip. Staff boosts elemental enchantments so it's very high maintenance.
- There's a rudimentary map in the bottom right corner, with dots representing stuff (mostly live enemies), so if you pay attention to it you can avoid traps, ambushes and ledge bats.

EDIT: turns out the stage 7 boss as well as his mooks are Undeadified and are thus very weak to Fire, so the Blaze Charge supermove unlocked from the Dash Attack tree as well as the Enchant Fire items in the shop should work well for people having trouble (or just play on Normal).

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thats some awesome insight, 4lurk3r.
That was a possible idea i had in mind but that parry's timing is very nitpicky for me, the way i make it to work does not seem like perfect parry at all, so it's weird. Probably related to FPS... or i just suck, ofc.

But yeah i thought the same of that damn boss and i played on hard too.
I read the information on each armor too, but i didn't care much, and thought eh whatever how much of a difference can it make? (And same with armor, hp, etc upgrades. I did go for mp upgrades only).
But yeah, i just chose whatever cute outfit i wanted her to have at the time, hahahahaha

dazedanon19

Reputation score
I played on normal and went in with zero upgrades and I failed miserably on that boss lol. The upgrades definitely make a difference. Also I found parrying really easy for that boss, the window is a bit tight but since his attacks are fairly slow I could get it consistently.

Speaking of costumes, dev is adding a preview mode so we don't have to buy them first.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I saw on Ci-en today that the dev released an updated version of the demo, and it sounded like they changed how the jumping works to make it less frustrating, among other things (at least from what I can tell via Google Translate). No new H content, though, so you're not missing anything like that if you aren't supporting them for it.