What's new

RPG Patreon Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Nerion] Fountain of Mana

Re: Fountain of Mana - English H-Game ver. DEC20 OUT!

How come she doesn't want to use mindreading the second time around? Considering the game will future some sort of corruption, I thought using it the first time would prompt her to use it more frequently in order to "cheat".

Uh, i'm pretty sure Ravy doesn't even allow us to use mind-reading to cheat in the first place because she hasn't corrupted a big deal yet.
She's still very law-upholding at the beginning so don't even expect her to just cheat more even after she's had cheat once. I'm sure she will be all 'regretting her actions and convicted to never do it again' after she's done something outrageous because she hasn't properly introduced to corruption yet so far (At least in the demo).

IMO there are two types of development from people about corruption in morality and/or purity:
1. Indulgence/Acceptance, just a little sip of the forbidden nectar is all it takes to make them jump to the abyss.
2. Repulsion/Denial, they need to be continuously showered by the corruptive pleasure or they'll just revert back to normal.

I personally think Ravy is the latter type.

Uh, i'm pretty sure Ravy doesn't even allow us to use mind-reading to cheat in the first place because she hasn't corrupted a big deal yet.
Huh? But you could use it for the first riddle. When you try to do it the first time, she says it ain't right, then if you try again she does it.
She's still very law-upholding at the beginning so don't even expect her to just cheat more even after she's had cheat once. I'm sure she will be all 'regretting her actions and convicted to never do it again' after she's done something outrageous because she hasn't properly introduced to corruption yet so far (At least in the demo).

IMO there are two types of development from people about corruption in morality and/or purity:
1. Indulgence/Acceptance, just a little sip of the forbidden nectar is all it takes to make them jump to the abyss.
2. Repulsion/Denial, they need to be continuously showered by the corruptive pleasure or they'll just revert back to normal.

I personally think Ravy is the latter type.
I was talking about a corruption mechanic, as in corruption points or something like that. But uhh, I guess that works too? :p

Huh? But you could use it for the first riddle. When you try to do it the first time, she says it ain't right, then if you try again she does it.

I went to check it in the game and...
You're right, Ravy does the mind-reading after the first try.

I'm sorry, i don't know why the heck in my memory i remember trying to read that riddler guard but Ravy always refuses..

I think you're taking riddles too seriously. Well, maybe I should add option to cheat there a little more but you know, cheating is not fun and Ravy knows it even if she did it once. I'm focusing on other aspects of corruption, which are a lot more interesting. And besides that, Ravy is a good girl and she (almost) always will be good, even if she do some nasty things. She just need a good reason or maybe nasty things aren't that nasty, right?

By the way, if everything goes well next version will be ready in a month or so.

woooo hoo, i'll be waiting, i really like this game, i hope for more things with the guys at the bar, since i really like gangbang and stuff like that, but the game is great anyway...i love walking up and down the stairs, just so the kid watches :cool:
besides i like the characters too, especially our lovely protagonist:cool:

Reactions: Xil

Def will try this out sometime soon.

Loving the direction of the game, but am a little confused at this point. I've done up through the bear quest, now sitting during the day. Got groped by the guys at the bar. Then, if I turn in the Frost Weed or report them, it goes to night and I absolutely cannot get it to turn back into day. I looked through the forest for Thom and couldn't find him (unless he's in the smaller forest?). Can't get into the castle obviously... No idea what to do to get to the next day.

AllenAndArth
I think you won't be disappointed by new version then.

iccreations
If you're patient just wait for new ver. There will be much more fun stuff to do there. If you're not, it's ok. Old saves will work with new version.

RandomGuy
If you want meet Thomlin you just have to look for him in the castle first. Check barracks and then ask Aldis where he is. Then you can go to small pond in southeast forest. And I guess that's it for this version.

Thank you guys for your kind words.

I am glad I stumbled about your Game. Great work so far!
Well worth supporting in my opinion :)

Even though I spend the last 20 minutes running around looking for that bear.... (Until I read about those green spots :D)

Thank you!

It's common thing to get lost in the woods. That reminds me, what do you guys think about that part of the forest? Was it fun? Or just frustrating and you don't want to see it ever again?

The forest was fun, even though there are so many things to stumble...
No, seriously. I really liked the forest and would gladly have a reason to come back there later.

I'm thinking about something like "revenge of the goblins", maybe even visiting their "home"... could be fun...

the forest is just fine, helps with exploration :)

the forest would be a great place for side-quests too^^

The forest was awful I stoped playing in that part. And that was a shame because the game was awezome until that. :(

I for one liked the forest. I will say that there should probably be some way to avoid getting stuck at night like I did, though. Some guaranteed way to pass time.

the forest wasn't hard...i din't have any problems and the secret scene was pretty easy to find, no offense...i love rpg so it stuck out for me at once

Absolutely loved this game!

Thank you!

It's common thing to get lost in the woods. That reminds me, what do you guys think about that part of the forest? Was it fun? Or just frustrating and you don't want to see it ever again?

I like the idea of it, but I'm colorblind (as are 10% of all men) so a non-color based clue would be great. I was able to solve it by brute force, so if you want more stuff like that, keep it simple. If that was more complicated, it wouldn't have been fun, imo.

I really hope this game has lots of consensual and playful sexual encounters. I don't mind the "sex for trade" parts either, but I really hope there's not rape/violence/whatever as the main focus. It's much more fun when the girl is into it and playing along, even if it's begrudgingly, like showing her panties to the trade official.

Thanks for your opinion, guys.
I'm not big fan of random encounters so I'm just trying to came up with interesting gimmicks to keep things interesting. I still think quest like "go there, talk with someone, got back again" is better then "go there, fight with crap load of monsters on they way, talk with someone, fight your way back".

deaddog
Don't worry, there will be plenty of it soon enough. There will be also rape/violence/whatever events but optional. So content will be pretty much diverse, but well, I should stop talking and go back to working on it.

I just tried this game yesterday.

It's looking pretty pretty good. It has lots of potential, keep it up!

Question: I am at the second day (after the forest battle with the bear and stuff the night before).

How am I supposed to advance time? Only quest I could find was the herborist one, the one with the Frozen something (didn't pursue it yet, was playing late at night, I don't remember the name but you get the one :D)

I was excited to continue the perv/exhibitionist quest at the bar but it says I should wait for next version, aaagh! :p

Overall, this is looking right.

Will play next version for sure (and the next one, and the next, and the next...).

Last edited:
Back