What's new

Off-Topic thread

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score
Maybe they'll use it; maybe they won't.
Maybe they'll sticky it; maybe they won't.
Maybe I'll just get flamed; I don't know.

I looked a few pages back and didn't see anything like this. Maybe the name will attract random topics and such. Worth a shot to try to pull from other threads.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Off-Topic thread

Maybe they'll use it; maybe they won't.
Maybe they'll sticky it; maybe they won't.
Maybe I'll just get flamed; I don't know.

I looked a few pages back and didn't see anything like this. Maybe the name will attract random topics and such. Worth a shot to try to pull from other threads.
its worth a shot yes. anybody seen any good movies lately?

Cappy

Reputation score

But every thread is the off-topic thread :v

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

But every thread is the off-topic thread :v
Yeah, this is supposed to be a way to stop that. At least as I understood it. And I approve.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

its worth a shot yes. anybody seen any good movies lately?
Oh come on! There's an entire thread about movies already, in which people have been conversing about a few recent movies which are both good and bad.

I believe the point of this thread is to drag off-topic conversations here, rather than attempt to start yet another conversation that already has it's own topic and is on the front page of the Everything Else board.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

Well I sure hope this could work.
It's kind of anoying to constantly go check topics in hopes of news or updates or something relative to it only to find several pages of spam.
Even though I don't mind slight off topicness every now and then but the recent derails have been just what the fuck level.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh come on! There's an entire thread about movies already, in which people have been conversing about a few recent movies which are both good and bad.

I believe the point of this thread is to drag off-topic conversations here, rather than attempt to start yet another conversation that already has it's own topic and is on the front page of the Everything Else board.
Im sorry o.o. I was only trying to help. what do you think we should try to talk about then??

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

See, I was totally going to troll by trying to start a conversation that should be in another thread. But it's already been done, accidentally at that.

I'll probably end up using this for the occasional "thought for the day"s I have; random one liner statements without context that I think are mildly amusing that I get occasionally.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

See, I was totally going to troll by trying to start a conversation that should be in another thread. But it's already been done, accidentally at that.

I'll probably end up using this for the occasional "thought for the day"s I have; random one liner statements without context that I think are mildly amusing that I get occasionally.
Yeah..crap, when you dont have one main topic to string off from, it gets kinda stale.

Cappy

Reputation score

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be a great idea, I've been waiting for the opportunity to unleash my catch phrase variants upon ULMF, and this might be my chance, my opportunity for glory....

This, is were destiny meets, FUN-TIME!
No, that's not the catch phrase, you'll know it when it's been repeated at least three times

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Yeah..crap, when you dont have one main topic to string off from, it gets kinda stale.
Look at any of the other threads that have had off topic complains. They were what, like 5 or more pages full of random crap after the last post of anything vaguely approaching an on topic post.

I have all the confidence in the world in you! ^.^

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Look at any of the other threads that have had off topic complains. They were what, like 5 or more pages full of random crap after the last post of anything vaguely approaching an on topic post.

I have all the confidence in the world in you! ^.^
Honestly gator, i was high on most of those posts. Now that im all cleaned up and awake i really dont have much to say.

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Honestly gator, i was high on most of those posts. Now that im all cleaned up and awake i really dont have much to say.
"You" in the second person plural.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think this thread is really clever and I love that...But I have this little thing nagging on me: In an offtopic thread, off topic posts are actually on topic because of the title....thus earth shattering paradox. Like this.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Clearly the only proper answer is to create a topic inside the thread and stick to it, so that all the posts in the thread are no longer on the topic of being off-topic. That way, the posts are off-topic in that they are on topic in a thread where they should be off-topic.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Being wrong isn't lying.

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Or, I could give you a topic and then you don't talk about it.

So, how about that latest weather system that seemed to cause confusion and disruption?

Now... don't talk about it!! ^.^

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

But you instructed us to not talk about it! Our offtopic posts are now on topic still~