What's new

Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

Reputation score
Re: Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

Somehow I knew you wouldn't catch the subtlety of that remark. Hettie is female and has a boyfriend... The notion of showering with you therefore would mean she is either gay or bisexual... thus the comment on swinging both ways... yes I'm perfectly aware you are a ma'am. It's just... not as funny when you're making an overblown statement to end it with ma'am as it is with sir.

I was trying to make a comment people could glance at and get a cheap chuckle out of, something to lighten the mood, since everyone seems to be all BAWWWWW SERIOUS BUSINESS lately. But my jokes don't work if people look for reasons to take it seriously -_- can we all just pass a bottle of chill pills around and stop getting on each other's cases, all of us?

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't specify my post against anyone, I'm generally global everytime I post something about a game or a certain conversation.
If you pay a close atention to the post on the last (hmmm maybe...) 5 pages and then put yourself for a while on the shoes of Hettie or Nunu and try to wonder what's it like to try to satisfy the needs of the thousands of users that want to play this game. Imagine the pressure put into just 2 people who are already being targetted in a soft way negatively on the game.
It doesn't look like it if you just read a post there and a post here, somehow it's harmless, but if you read every post (on the pages I just said) and join them up and you'll see what I mean

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To be honest if I where in the developer team I would largely ignore what ppl want, and do what I have imagined myself. OFC if there is a very very good suggestion I would reconsider but that all.:p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Nunu reads these forums anyway, first and foremost, so that would be a priority, meaning there's not much chance nunu will just completely skip posts that might have had game suggestion content in it because we were off topic. And although I don't know if I can say the same for Hettie, in terms of reading in general be the first thing she does and then looks for comments, but she did already say she wants to hear peoples suggestions and has responded to our fun off-color banter. So please, by all means, keep telling us how we're ruining things and speak on behalf of two people, both of which you aren't, who have already said they don't mind our comments.

R

Ryka

Hnnhnn.... I like the lower tentacle animation. :3 I'd kinda want to lose on purpose to it...

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

And as for the ma'am bit, I know that you know, I just do that with everyone. Don't take it so personal.
That was the only bit I was talking about you not getting. And I wasn't getting prickly, more like a bit disappointed. I realize how it came off as sounding annoyed though, my bad. Honestly though I think everybody's blowing the whole "srs bizniss" way out of proportion... I feel like it's the people that are all like ZOMG ZOMG EVERYBODY CHILL that are really making the thread feel like it's edgy. I mean, when one or two people are being party poopers that's fine, but when everybody else puts them under a microscope, that's when it turns into an actual problem.

R

Ryka

It can either escalate using 5 or 8 posts, or it can be resolved by staying positive throughout the thread. If this goes on any longer, I'll kill you. I'll kill you dead. With a sword.

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Screw the sword, I'll kill all of you with tentacles. That like to fuck. Until you're dead. Hell, even long after you're dead.

SPEAKING OF TENTACLES.

I'd love to see some more high tentacle stuff once you're done with whatever it is you're currently working on for the game, Hettie.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

It can either escalate using 5 or 8 posts, or it can be resolved by staying positive throughout the thread. If this goes on any longer, I'll kill you. I'll kill you dead. With a sword.
Lila killed me Mal, killed me with a sword. How weird is that??

DragonBlood87

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just how much of a remake is the game going to be? Like is it just going to have updated graphics and animations but keep the gameplay simple like the original, or is this going to be a complete top-down rewrite?
Having read most of the thread, it seems that it's going a bit past (though not hugely so) being just an updated version of the original with better graphics. MadHettie apparently (I might have misunderstood) envisions it as having shorter "sequences" for the high and low tentacles, and having the middle tentacles trap Jungle Girl temporarily, which would allow multi-tentacle action to start. Of course, this is all assuming that the game ends up getting finished this way; things like that can change quite a bit in development.

Altros

Reputation score

After speed reading this entire thread (which took awhile), the only thing that seemed awkward was the middle tentacle's approach. But it also seemed the Hettie doesn't like the idea of magically floating tentacles. So to toss my 2 cents in, what if the middle tentacle had wings? Would take a bit of editing on the attack animation, 'cus the wings would have to fold-up or retract somehow, but it would fix the awkwardly moving vine without having the tentacle magically floating.

DragonBlood87

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

After speed reading this entire thread (which took awhile), the only thing that seemed awkward was the middle tentacle's approach. But it also seemed the Hettie doesn't like the idea of magically floating tentacles. So to toss my 2 cents in, what if the middle tentacle had wings? Would take a bit of editing on the attack animation, 'cus the wings would have to fold-up or retract somehow, but it would fix the awkwardly moving vine without having the tentacle magically floating.
Eh. As unrealistic as it is, I think the vine is good enough.

I mean, really, we're talking about realness in a game in which the protagonist is being stalked through a jungle by rape-happy tentacle monsters.

Altros

Reputation score

Eh. As unrealistic as it is, I think the vine is good enough.

I mean, really, we're talking about realness in a game in which the protagonist is being stalked through a jungle by rape-happy tentacle monsters.
Lol fair enough.

Reputation score

Just wanted to post something for Hettie's benefit. I found a hentai tentacle gif that is highly similar to the old Jungle Girl game over animation. Just wanted to throw this in there in case you had planned to remake that old animation, or in case you want it for a new one.

Not that I should have to say this here, but NSFW. But perty. And easily visualized with JG and our familiar colored tentacles.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Silly pookums, you can't hotlink from 4chan.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Just wanted to post something for Hettie's benefit. I found a hentai tentacle gif that is highly similar to the old Jungle Girl game over animation. Just wanted to throw this in there in case you had planned to remake that old animation, or in case you want it for a new one.

Not that I should have to say this here, but NSFW. But perty. And easily visualized with JG and our familiar colored tentacles.

Reputation score

Silly pookums, you can't hotlink from 4chan.
x_x Can't link from Sankaku, can't link from 4chan, can't link from Youtube...WHYYYYY IS THE INTERNET SO ANAL WITH MEEEEE?! T_T

Oh well, thanks Twisted for fixing whatever I broke.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

...*cough*.....

*raises hand* uhhh.. oh never mind :eek:

Anon17564

Lurker
Reputation score

This thread is getting silly.

Without wanting to scroll up through the previous junk, and without meaning to pressure the team, but are you working on a pre-release copy, a demo or something? No problem if you're not, I'm just looking forward to this game :)

Reputation score

This thread is getting silly.

Without wanting to scroll up through the previous junk, and without meaning to pressure the team, but are you working on a pre-release copy, a demo or something? No problem if you're not, I'm just looking forward to this game :)
Since when was this thread NOT silly? We're all desperately following news for the remake of a flash hentai game. =P For that matter, how much on this site as a whole isn't silly?

The Demo idea was already brought up (by me XP), but Nunu's lack of speakability on coding has basically shut down any forthcoming answers, because Hettie can't give an answer based only on artwork.