Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: Retro-thread

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At least, if you watched the Disney channel...

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I am currently torrenting Courage the Cowardly Dog and Wacky Races. Life is good.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anyone remember this little Steve Martin gem?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Been watching some Nostalgia Critic lately?

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nah, just found LSoH on dvd on sale a few days ago -- for some reason the video stores back home didn't ever stock it and now it's in my movie collection. Zippidy-do-dah.

Lurker
Reputation score

At least, if you watched the Disney channel...
You forgot

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nah, just found LSoH on dvd on sale a few days ago -- for some reason the video stores back home didn't ever stock it and now it's in my movie collection. Zippidy-do-dah.
Ah. Nostalgia Critic listed that song as one of the top 11 villain songs, and the video was made a day or two ago, so I assumed.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

@ Newbie: Huh... never watched that. Then again, I was an after-school Disney channel watcher. Saturday mornings were reserved for cartoons like this:

@ Obe: Cool, I'll have to look up that list.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Not Saturday morning Disney for me (never got the channel). All that was on Fox in the afternoons, so I got my Ducktales and Talespin after school, heh.

And yes, Saturday was reserved for X-Men. Again, on Fox. Which had way cool cartoons when I was in junior high, until they decided to cancel all of the cool ones and put on the crappy new stuff. I was soooooo pissed they canceled Escaflowne for some stupid robot dinosaur cartoon. Although watching the anime uncut and in its entirety...not exactly the perfect choice for Saturday morning viewing.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

This is weird for some reason I apparently stopped watching cartoons before Hope and Copper. The last cartoons I remember watching every day was G.I.Joe and Scooby-Doo. Of course it could have been because I never watched all that much tv after I got old enough to join organized sports. Could be the channels I watched too, I guess.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hells yes, was the shit. Also:

(somewhat less popular than Thundercats, never quite achieved the "cool retro" status)

And that was the first decade of my cartoon watching life, pretty much, apart from Hanna-Barbera and Scooby-Doo, which wasn't particularly memorable...

Also, I was surprised to learn (via Wikipedia, source of all data questionable) that people who worked for the company that made Thundercats and Silverhawks went on to form Studio Ghibli.

Edit: Okay, I know splicing things over the 300 trailer is an old joke, but I really enjoyed this one:

Last edited:

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I stared out watching ABC though the only show I can remember from that era was The -Real- Ghostbusters, then I graduated to FOX for stuff like beast wars, and the cartoon Carmen Sandeigo (better theme song IMO) I miss the days of saturday morning cartoons, these days it's either stuff like that's so raven, (God I hate that girl with every fiber of my soulllllll....) Or Dora level educational shows....ladies and gentlemen...the endtimes are upon us. Learning.....on saturday morning.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Hey, now, at least Bob the Builder warns children about the dangers of marijuana... because marijuana is bad, mmkay?

Seriously, I want my Animaniacs back. And Batman (the 90's cartoon). And Thundercats. I WANT MY CHILDHOOD BACK! Screw these new shows that make us dumber just by their very existence.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I want my Mr. Freeze back! Fuck you Schumacher!

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I was a child of the 80's and a pre-teen, teenager in the 90's, so those are my eras of cartoon watching. I remember when "Secret of the Sword" came out IN THEATERS, seeing the My Little Pony movie, the Transformers movie and, of course, . Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Batman, all that came out when I was older (15+) but I still enjoyed most of them. It was when Nickelodeon and the other stations started getting into stuff that was more gross out, stupid humor than, say, The Tick or X-Men that I stopped watching most cartoons.

And there's nothing wrong with a little education on Saturday mornings. That's when the local stations here used to run Bill Nye, the Science Guy. And I'd much rather see kids watching Blue's Clues and Dora than some of the stuff that passes for entertainment these days.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

From a quiz site I frequent when I'm bored. It's like on big frustrating trip down memory lane. They have newer shows on the quizes also, but I don't know most of them.

I guess I just didn't watch as many cartoons as you two is all, then. Is it bad that on the G.I.Joe movie intro I could name every single Joe or Cobra as they popped up.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

That's not bad, that takes talent!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Talent or complete insanity, whichever you prefer to call it.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anyone remember any of these gems?