What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ181931] Succubus Rhapsodia (English) -- ON HIATUS; UP FOR ADOPTION 2018 --

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Fellas. I gotta say, this is the most cryptic thread ever. I have NO idea how the hell I'm supposed to follow what you guys are talking about. Thread's filled with dead links and cryptic instructions. If someone posted the game already patched we'd have a clearer understanding on how to help.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Fellas. I gotta say, this is the most cryptic thread ever.
I don't disagree.
No offense, but so what? My latest instructions were quite clear. I won't bother linking to the two posts in the previous page.
Most other posts are intended to would-be helpers. Someone who doesn't understand them, is simply unrelated, underqualified; useless, is the less politically correct word.

I estimate I've spent around 300 full hours solely working on SR. Not counting playtesting time, nor playtime. Not counting the previous research and Ruby learning I had previously spent on SQ. That'd make me the person in the world who worked the longest on SR, after Uzanot and the devs. Hence I reserve the right to ignore, blame even, anyone who isn't willing to spend less than a hundredth of that time installing the mods and patch.

I'll keep on supporting futher translation efforts if I can, but that's the current limits of my good will, towards those with a lack thereof.

The two lines below are mere examples of that 'less than a hundredth', if not a thousandth; forgive the lack of humility:
  • I never forbade anyone to clarify my instructions, and compile a nice hand-holding walkthrough to a patched game.
  • Nor did I prohibit anyone uploading on Mega a fully patched and working version.
I hope I wasn't too offensive, and nothing cryptic, for a change. I'll take the opportunity to thank SFrame and Mimi again - warm regards, wherever you are!

TL,DR: please understand such posts are discouraging for translators, if any. That'd include mine right here 🙈 Gonna buy me a new sense of humor...
edit: on second reading, that was a bit funny, @darkwhite1602. I've run out of beer and ice cream, if that's any excuse 😶

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
aye an in depth guide would be appreciated. I tried to figure out what to do with the .atc files but I can't find a solution on how to decrypt them. Tells me password missing.
And thanks to all the guys/girls who are translating this game keep up the good work!
Well, you said thanks 😅 Good chance to show my good side (?) instead.
there exists a discussion thread where people like DranKof were helpful in the adequate place.
Referring to: Step-by-step how to deal with .atc guide

Additional head-up:
hibara.org said:
Important Notice(2022/03/30)
A vulnerability in loading DLL was discovered in "AttacheCase4" for Windows. Placing a maliciously modified "dwmapi.dll" in the directory containing the executable file (AttacheCase.exe) may allow arbitrary code to be executed.

This vulnerability have been confirmed in ver. 4.0.2.7 or earlier. If you are using these versions of "AttacheCase4", please update to the as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Yahaarr

Reputation score

Referring to: https://ulmf.org/threads/dreamania-succubus-rhapsodia-rj181931.5763/post-1010852
yeah I found it and got to decrypt the .atc files. After patching with the mods from the wiki everything works fine. But I get an error after I copy your modscripts into the folder. :/

I did all the steps from here:

With so many contributions, I fear mine will go unnoticed.
Never mind. I updated my interface/database patch for plains&hills .
1- download and extract the files indicated
2- Cut and paste all files from mod/Mod_Data to /Data
3- Back up your files
4- extract my stuff to mod/Mod_Scripts. Don't rename anything.

I know I missed quite a few descriptions, and accuracy & consistence are lacking, but that's as much time as I can spare.
Cheers to the exemplary Japanese modding community (y)

edit 10/02: fixed and added some stuff. Like Laurent's name not being used in battle, Port abilities, etc. New zip.
Edit: Ok the game will only star if I don't copy the 220710b_統合パッチ files into it
Edit2: nvm syntax error in first battle. I'll just give up :D

Attachments

Last edited:

xRoguex

Reputation score
yeah I found it and got to decrypt the .atc files. After patching with the mods from the wiki everything works fine. But I get an error after I copy your modscripts into the folder. :/

I did all the steps from here:

Edit: Ok the game will only star if I don't copy the 220710b_統合パッチ files into it
Edit2: nvm syntax error in first battle. I'll just give up :D
I've tried the same but there is a difference of the mod version you have and Strange has. To really try if his mod works for you too you need to get the exact mod he has.
Sound simple like this but if you want to play with the latest mod you need an updated english mod.
I've uploaded my MOD folder. I used something in the MOD folder Strange posted and for me works. Feel free to try it... is better than nothing

Attachments

Yahaarr

Reputation score
I've tried the same but there is a difference of the mod version you have and Strange has. To really try if his mod works for you too you need to get the exact mod he has.
Sound simple like this but if you want to play with the latest mod you need an updated english mod.
I've uploaded my MOD folder. I used something in the MOD folder Strange posted and for me works. Feel free to try it... is better than nothing
it works now thank you!!

Reputation score

Referring to: https://ulmf.org/threads/dreamania-succubus-rhapsodia-rj181931.5763/post-1010852
Hi Strange. I've recently finished my translation for another game and am now looking to take on this behemoth of a project. Considering you're still around, would you be willing to message me on Discord? I have some questions regarding the Ruby side of things, specifically tags within messages. My Discord is Maxim#0003.

xRoguex

Reputation score
it works now thank you!!
If you've downloaded the last MOD patch this one is with the scrpm.2957 instead of the 2975. This one I've put here is the MOD with the scrpm.2975 and sadly with all these updates I have to check the maps again. I've finished the Lesser Succubus and now I started the Cast translation

Attachments

Yahaarr

Reputation score
If you've downloaded the last MOD patch this one is with the scrpm.2957 instead of the 2975. This one I've put here is the MOD with the scrpm.2975 and sadly with all these updates I have to check the maps again. I've finished the Lesser Succubus and now I started the Cast translation
thanks again!
And to everyone who is putting their effort and time into this. I would like to help but the best I can do is machine translation ......

Reputation score
I figure it's more prudent to continue our conversation here Strange, but thanks, and trust me, I feel that on a spiritual level. WolfRPG is a gigantic PITA lol.

I've actually checked out a bit of your work and used it as inspiration on how to handle the script side of things, by basically treating the English translation as a "mod" I've been able to tamper with the text just before it's displayed and avoid any variable changes altogether. For example, check out the screenshot below.

fDwbPR0[1].png

Here I've extracted the base Script.rxdata's SR_Util_other.rb file and turned it into a mod. Then I hijacked the self.weak_text_change(battler_weak_list) method. An example snippet:

Ruby:
    text_1 = ""
    count = 0
    for weak in battler_weak_list
      text_1a = ""
      case weak
      when "口攻めに弱い"
        text_1a += "Oral"
      when "手攻めに弱い"
        text_1a += "Hand"
      when "胸攻めに弱い"
        text_1a += "Chest"
      when "女陰攻めに弱い"
        text_1a += "Pussy"
      when "嗜虐攻めに弱い"
        text_1a += "Sadist"
      when "異形攻めに弱い"
        text_1a += "Grotesque" #(?) Not sure if this is Grotesque
      end
      # 弱点が入っていればテキストに追加
      # Add any weaknesses to text_1
      if text_1a != ""
        text_1 += "・" if count > 0 # Separator for multiple
        text_1 += text_1a
        count += 1
      end
    end
    text_1 += " Attacks" if text_1 != "" # Appends "attacks" to the end, e.g. "Oral Attacks"

As far as I can tell, this is effective in all parts of the script, and you can also see it in use with the Battle Menu's description as well ("Use a skill" instead of "スキルを使います").
The benefits of this are two-fold: It makes editing the script extremely easy because it provides IDE access instead of editing through the RPGMaker engine. The second is it removes the need to recompile through Translator++ which can take a significant chunk of time as Translator++ recompiles everything to its original .rxdata format, making quick tests unfeasible.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
when "異形攻めに弱い"
text_1a += "Grotesque" #(?) Not sure if this is Grotesque
My draft went with 'Fetish' iirc. I think no other weak points were introduced with the mod's enemies (despite tentacles, anal, etc.).

As far as I can tell, this is effective in all parts of the script, and you can also see it in use with the Battle Menu's description as well ("Use a skill" instead of "スキルを使います").
The benefits of this are two-fold: It makes editing the script extremely easy because it provides IDE access instead of editing through the RPGMaker engine. The second is it removes the need to recompile through Translator++ which can take a significant chunk of time as Translator++ recompiles everything to its original .rxdata format, making quick tests unfeasible.
Yes.
The downside is, with every new bugfix, you'll have to manually check every single of your items that appears in said bugfix.
To that end I'd recommend keeping a list of every class you've modified (that which I was too lazy to do for myself, as you could see. I'll be fixing that when I check the latest bugfix edit: ASAP. Here's my own log in case it helps.).

Last edited:

xRoguex

Reputation score
My draft went with 'Fetish' iirc. I think no other weak points were introduced with the mod's enemies (despite tentacles, anal, etc.).

Yes.
The downside is, with every new bugfix, you'll have to manually check every single of your items that appears in said bugfix.
To that end I'd recommend keeping a list of every class you've modified (that which I was too lazy to do for myself, as you could see. I'll be fixing that when I check the latest bugfix).
How did you fixed the (myname) bug in every fights and the (target) bug in bedin fights?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
How did you fixed the (myname) bug in every fights and the (target) bug in bedin fights?
What bug? Like I've said I don't run into any (gamebreaking) bug on my side.

We've previously determined you were using a more recent bugfix than scrpm_2880.atc.
In which case you need to:
- double-check every single class that was modified between scrpm_2880.atc and the one you're using
- append or rewrite from scratch the parts of my scripts affecting each of these occurences, one by one

Not unlike what I had to do every single time a new Plains and Hills update came out.
...and that was even more tedious before I fully externalized my patch 😅

edit: I edited my previous post with a full log. I did that for myself, but it might help you out a bit.

Last edited:
Reputation score

We've previously determined you were using a more recent bugfix than scrpm_2880.atc.
- double-check every single class that was modified between scrpm_2880.atc and the one you're using
- append or rewrite from scratch the parts of my scripts affecting each of these occurences, one by one

Not unlike what I had to do every single time a new Plains and Hills update came out.

edit: I edited my previous post with a full log. I did that for myself, but it might help you out a bit.
Are there bug fixes not loaded into .rb files or something? It should be trivial with a folder/file comparison program by just merging orphan code from the bug-fix to the original, then verifying any modified lines in the bug-fix are also modified in the original.

The only tedious thing I can think of is occasionally checking whether a bug fix has actually released. Which, to be honest, that's the part I would probably be lazy with regardless.

xRoguex

Reputation score

Yes I know about that post with your mod folder but since I have to do it on my own for the difference of ur versions I asked how you have done it.
When i finish to solve other issues I'll try.
Are there bug fixes not loaded into .rb files or something? It should be trivial with a folder/file comparison program by just merging orphan code from the bug-fix to the original, then verifying any modified lines in the bug-fix are also modified in the original.

The only tedious thing I can think of is occasionally checking whether a bug fix has actually released. Which, to be honest, that's the part I would probably be lazy with regardless.
The worst is doing the fix the first time because when they update a Mod folder (it happends more or less for every game with mods) you need to check only the date differences.
If you see there are the same files in both folder but in the newest folder you have a more recent date, it means that file has been modded/fixed.
Could be worse if they add more files with the need to be patched aswell but for this game it seems to not be the case for now.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'm referring to the last file mentioned on the . The modders are pretty awesome with keeping it up-to-date.
So, as of today, (with a new attachécase version, it seems :(). As opposed to my current scrpm_2880.
Since I overwrote parts of this patch, there's a need to double-check every item which needs be updated accordingly (@xRoguex).

While I do agree this is trivial, but this is time-consuming. Ntm fixing only 'what's broken' means soe updated content will not be there, and/or cause conflicts not visible at first glance/playtest.
All it takes is Notepad++ and a bunch of compares (77 to be precise), but I can't provide an ETA on this. Updates are still too frequest to do that every - single - time. And obviously I can't troubleshoot anyone if they're not using the exact same bugfix file as I do.

Last edited:

xRoguex

Reputation score
I'm referring to the last file mentioned on the . The modders are pretty awesome with keeping it up-to-date.
So, as of today, (with a new attachécase version, it seems :(). As opposed to my current scrpm_2880.
Since I overwrote parts of this patch, there's a need to double-check every item which needs be updated accordingly (@xRoguex).

While I do agree this is trivial, but this is time-consuming. Ntm fixing only 'what's broken' means soe updated content will not be there, and/or cause conflicts not visible at first glance/playtest.
All it takes is Notepad++ and a bunch of compares (77 to be precise), but I can't provide an ETA on this. Updates are still too frequest to do that every - single - time. And obviously I can't troubleshoot anyone if they're not using the exact same bugfix file as I do.
Yep and I'm sure I won't do it today since i found out that Mod with or even older versions have a problem caused by the file "Game_SelfSwitches.rb" because when you start a new game you can't save... well at least for me.
If you delete that file the game won't crash anymore and it works fine. For solving that issue took me about 4 hours doing a lot of tests...
Well now this one data file I've updated here are the maps MTLed and fixed something in there. I tested throughfully only the prologue, i tested the others too but I need to start and finish this game properly (I haven't unlocked certains features so I couldn't test it as I would). I didn't correct the dialogues because I'm too busy with the characters, so have mercy :D
For now I didn't find anything wrong but if there is something about it tell me. The translation cover the prologue and the first 3 batches of maps, so you play it normally you can read the chat in english until you met Ramil the first time. Now is time to see how the Cast dialogues works.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reputation score

That's fair, I wasn't aware the mod was still being actively updated so much. I've pondered externalizing parts of it myself after re-reading your original post and may end up incorporating some of the code as well. Specifically externalizing injection of English text into the game since that's (so far) largely part of the base game and not files that the mod touches (at least yet). I'll need to research more on how to actually do that beyond just copying a file of the same name into the MOD folder (e.g. instead of SR_Util_other.rb, SR_Util_other_ENG.rb).

The worst is doing the fix the first time because when they update a Mod folder (it happends more or less for every game with mods) you need to check only the date differences.
If you see there are the same files in both folder but in the newest folder you have a more recent date, it means that file has been modded/fixed.
Could be worse if they add more files with the need to be patched aswell but for this game it seems to not be the case for now.
Honestly you shouldn't do it this way at all. If a patch happens on July 17 and you've updated your modded script of the same file on July 20, then you'll exclude any changes and probably end up with a lot of bugs. The proper process should be:
  1. Download the new modded files
  2. Use a file comparison tool to merge orphan lines from the new modded files to the old modded files
  3. Resolve any line conflicts manually

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That's fair, I wasn't aware the mod was still being actively updated so much. I've pondered externalizing parts of it myself
Right. The main issue is we're not dealing with a 100% finished product - with mods taken into account.
For instance, I've checked scrpm_2975.atc , and they implemented parts of my 2nd favorite mod. There are also some pretty cute additions (not referring to the incubus :LOL:)
Again, no ETA but I'll definitely update my stuff to scrpm_2975. Worth it!

Good luck on your side as well!
Usually they'd append a function using an alias:
Ruby:
  alias data_alter_base data_alter
  def data_alter
    data_alter_base
    data_alter_skills
  end
Here they add "data_alter_skills" to the end of the existing "data_alter".
However, we'd likely get the same issues (depending on where/when our script is called relatively to the mod's) so I've willingly avoided doing this; perhaps I'm wrong.

xRoguex

Reputation score
Honestly you shouldn't do it this way at all. If a patch happens on July 17 and you've updated your modded script of the same file on July 20, then you'll exclude any changes and probably end up with a lot of bugs. The proper process should be:
  1. Download the new modded files
  2. Use a file comparison tool to merge orphan lines from the new modded files to the old modded files
  3. Resolve any line conflicts manually
Well for the point N°2 I usually see the differences by myself, that's why it takes me longer to figure out things, like where was the problem with the save for a new game start.
So I usually download the new files and see if they works, but if not I'll do the comparison with the same name files and check it. But if both the files have the same data and time is really hard to be different.
I'm talking for my perspective and experience but given that I don't have the tools to do things easier I had to simplify things.
I'll keep doing my translation and if everyone notice some problem in the maps I've updated just tell me.