What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ181931] Succubus Rhapsodia (English) -- ON HIATUS; UP FOR ADOPTION 2018 --

Bhrjr

Reputation score
Hello, I would like to continue on with the translation, but it doesn't seem like I can edit the story/dialogue from Github. What should I do to edit those sections?

Edit: I purchased the game, RPG maker xp, and even has the mod, but I'm still left clueless on how I can edit the text (they didn't really leave much instruction on github). Could I please ask someone for assistance?

Edit 2: Alright, from now on, I will use Translator ++ to translate this game. I guess I'll be the one to pick up on the game.

Edit 3: I really REALLY want to translate the mod as well, but is there any other alternatives then altering the code?

Last edited:

Ginek

Reputation score
Hello, I would like to continue on with the translation, but it doesn't seem like I can edit the story/dialogue from Github. What should I do to edit those sections?

Edit: I purchased the game, RPG maker xp, and even has the mod, but I'm still left clueless on how I can edit the text (they didn't really leave much instruction on github). Could I please ask someone for assistance?

Edit 2: Alright, from now on, I will use Translator ++ to translate this game. I guess I'll be the one to pick up on the game.

Edit 3: I really REALLY want to translate the mod as well, but is there any other alternatives then altering the code?
Did you manage to do any progress? I tried doinga simple batch translation with Translator++ but i am getting syntax error when applying the patch, not sure why it does that

Last edited:

Bhrjr

Reputation score
Did you manage to do any progress? I tried doinga simple batch translation with Translator++ but i am getting syntax error when applying the patch, not sure why it does that
I'm doing the script file right now, it's going to take a LOOOONG time to finish this (script file has over 4000 lines). You need to translate everything manually pretty much. It'd be great if someone is willing to share the work.

Last edited:

Chaos135

Reputation score
I'm doing the script file right now, it's going to take a LOOOONG time to finish this (script file has over 4000 lines). You need to translate everything manually pretty much. It'd be great if someone is willing to share the work.
What's the status on this? Translator++ didn't like to work with me when I tried to use it last, so I'm curious if you're still doing this, or have moved on to less frustrating pastures XD

Bhrjr

Reputation score
What's the status on this? Translator++ didn't like to work with me when I tried to use it last, so I'm curious if you're still doing this, or have moved on to less frustrating pastures XD
I'm still working it, where I'm actually finished with the translator ++ part. But there's individual dialogues for each and every succubi, where I have to edit those on github.
I guess I could share both of them for whoever's interested.

On that note, is anyone willing to take over or help me work on the talk dialogue? That's all I need for the translation to be done.

Edit: Alright, I'm having doubts as to whether I'll get around to finishing the translation. The talk dialogue is extremely long, I'm working on it all by myself, and I'm just finding it harder and harder to be motivated. I might even abandon the project entirely. Sorry if that happens.
Here's the graphic translations in case I do so:

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Edit: Alright, I'm having doubts
I take it, you've revised your '4000 lines' figure? :LOL:
I'm glad this game still gets some well-deserved interest. I couldn't check your results, blame the lack of time, but good luck all the same.

bhl88

Reputation score
Trying to see which version is translated from the start of the game. Downgraded from 1.16 to 1.10 but the start seems to not be translated.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
With so many contributions, I fear mine will go unnoticed.
Never mind. I updated my interface/database patch for plains&hills .
1- download and extract the files indicated
2- Cut and paste all files from mod/Mod_Data to /Data
3- Back up your files
4- extract my stuff to mod/Mod_Scripts. Don't rename anything.

I know I missed quite a few descriptions, and accuracy & consistence are lacking, but that's as much time as I can spare.
Cheers to the exemplary Japanese modding community (y)

edit 10/02: fixed and added some stuff. Like Laurent's name not being used in battle, Port abilities, etc. New zip.
Code:
# new functions are excluded. 魔_*.rb items override the mods.
# each listed item may potentially cause conflict with newer mod versions

<English_abc gals.rb>
module RPG::
  class Class
  class Game_Battler
Window_Help < Window_Base
  set_enemy(enemy)
  set_actor(actor)

<English_abc items.rb>
class Item

<English_abc skills.rb>
class Skill

<English_abc states.rb>
class State

<English_abc.abilities.rb>
class Ability_registration
# NOTE: at the moment UK_setup(ability_id) needs be called in def setup(ability_id), in O_MOD_RPG_Ability_素質・設定用.rb
# This is because the Ability_registration class is crucial, and very likely to be modified every single time they update the mod
# NOTE/self: implementing an aliased (re)definition should be viable now

<English_abc.armors.rb
class Armor

<English_system.rb>
$data_system #basic vocabulary, overwrites system.rxdata
class Interpreter
  command_126
  command_128
class Window_BattleStatus < Window_Base
  refresh

<魔_English_abc cook.rb>
class Game_Dish
  effect_text(effect)
class Scene_Cook < Scene_Other
  initialize
  update
  center_change
class Window_Cook_Recipe < Window_Base
  refresh
  draw_dish_effect(index)
class Window_Restaurant_Buy < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
class Window_Restaurant_Data  < Window_Base
  refresh

<魔_English_redraws.rb>
# NOTE: the less risky scripts should be here
class Window_NameInput < Window_Base
  # RPGMXP character tables and related functions
class Window_Base < Window
  draw_item_name(item, x, y)
  draw_actor_fed(actor, x, y, width = 144)
  make_battler_state_text(battler, width, need_normal, type)
  draw_actor_class(actor, x, y)
class Window_Ability < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_BoxLeft < Window_Selectable
  draw_actor(index)
class Window_BoxRight < Window_Base
  refresh
  update_help
class Window_Change_Shop_Change < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_Cook_Foods < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_Cook_Toppings < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_EquipRight < Window_Selectable
  update_help
class Window_EquipItem < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_EquipExtendItem < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
Window_Item < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_Item_Shop_Buy < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_Item_Shop_Sell < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_MenuStatus < Window_Base
  refresh
class Window_PromiseLeft < Window_Base
  refresh
  update_help
class Window_PromiseRight < Window_Selectable
  can_get_bonus?(index = self.index)
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_ShopBuy < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_ShopSell < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_Skill < Window_Selectable
  draw_item(index)
  update_help
class Window_Skill_Battle < Window_Skill
  draw_item(index)
class Window_Status < Window_Base
  refresh
class Window_SystemLeft < Window_Base
  refresh
  refresh_map
  refresh_battle1
  refresh_battle2
  refresh_battle3
  refresh_media
  refresh_chara
  refresh_other
  update_help
class Window_BattleLog < Window_Base
  refresh
# NOTE: Battle messages slice-up function for display is here

<魔_Force English.rb>
# NOTE: the more sensible scripts should be here
class Game_Party
  gather(number)
  unique_record_text
class Scene_Battle
  update_phase4_step202
  make_skill_action_result
  set_onedari
  make_basic_action_result
  update_phase3_enemy_select
  update_phase3_basic_command
class Game_Battler
  bms_skill_effect(skill)
class HoldPop_Sprite < RPG::Sprite
  refresh
# In-battle Stances display names are here
module MOD::
  module Item
class Scene_File
  main
  update
class Scene_Save < Scene_File
  initialize
class Scene_Load < Scene_File
  initialize
class Scene_Box
  initialize
  update_command
  update_promise
  update_center_active
class Scene_Partychange
  refresh
class Scene_Menu
  initialize
  update_actor_select
  update_party_select_command
  update_party_ability
  update_party_status
  update_ability_active
  update_equip
  update_equip_time
  update_party_skill
  update_skill_active
  update_target_active
module SR_Util::
  self.debug_learnings_check
  self.debug_bonus_check
  self.bed_battle_change
  self.item_get_message_make
  self.make_condition_text(battler)
  self.weak_text_change(battler_weak_list)
  weak_text_list(type)

<魔_Skillmod.rb>
# NOTE: This is a mod of my own, unrelated to translation. Delete it if you don't want it.
# It slightly randomizes the enemies. Some skill notes there as well (cf HoldPop_Sprite)
class Game_Enemy < Game_Battler
  mod_skillset(personality = "")
  make_individuality(personality = "", ability = ["未設定"])

<魔_Z ability test.rb>
# NOTE: You can safely delete this file in case you have it somehow

Attachments

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Just a reminder of the files I mentioned above, since the wiki will update next P&H instalment, if any.
211009_メインデータ① - scrpm_2801.atc
211009_メインデータ② - scrpm_2800.atc
211009_メインデータ③ - scrpm_2799.atc
211009_メインデータ④ - scrpm_2798.atc
220403_統合パッチ - scrpm_2880.atc
Image packs are recommended but optional. Latest one is scrpm_2884+scrpm_2885 as of today.

Yet another reminder, to users who skipped both OP and the forum rules: there exists a discussion thread where people like DranKof were helpful in the adequate place. (edited helpful link)

Last edited:

xRoguex

Reputation score
i hope to get a reply soon... i'm interested to translate the game. I'm not good to find a solution for the script error when you mtl all the maps and the usual content because the key wards don't match each other. I can translate the dialogue of the characters in battle and in special events (the "talk" folder). My actual version of the game is the 1.20 ver with the latest mod. I need some help to figure how i can translate even the mod files in english...if not i'll continue translating the files in the basic game folder.

EDIT: i fixed some things for now. I tried the translation by a user here but there are Sintax Error so i can't really fit them. Mine are working fine but i'm half of the first Lesser Succubus so i'm far behind

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
you mtl all the maps
YOU.
CAN'T.
To anyone else reading this: YOU CANNOT.

Never use an automatic tool for this game, you'll waste your time. RPG Maker is the only way. Period.
A few files like maps would be easier to fix. But I repeat: this is a waste of time. Translate manually.

with the latest mod.
how i can translate even the mod files
There are many mods, not just one. I suggest you stick to the files from , and no other (that's 5 bundles. Images packs are irrelevant.). That's the best mod, which is more or less complete right now.

As for TLing the mod, learn Ruby, is all.
Keep in mind mods overwrite the base game's files. So move the whole /Mod_Data folder to overwrite /Data, or RPGM won't recognize them.
Most of the script was also replaced. Have fun with Mod_Scripts. Then go back to RPGM for the bits still from the original game.

Also, read the thread. Probably.

i hope to get a reply soon...
Was that fast enough? That's a few years' worth of work, so I'd hate to delay anyone's who's able and willing.
But I'm sure you'll manage (y) Good luck!

xRoguex

Reputation score
YOU.
CAN'T.

Never use an automatic tool for this game, you'll waste your time. RPG Maker is the only way. Period.
A few files like maps would be easier to fix. But I repeat: this is a waste of time. Translate manually.

There are many mods, not just one. I suggest you stick to the files from , and no other (that's 5 bundles. Images packs are irrelevant.). That's the best mod, which is more or less complete right now.

Keep in mind mods overwrite the base game's files. So move the whole /Mod_Data folder to overwrite /Data, or RPGM won't recognize them.
Most of the script was also replaced. Have fun with Mod_Scripts. Then go back to RPGM for the bits still from the original game.

Was that fast enough? That's a few years' worth of work, so I'd hate to delay anyone's who's able and willing.
Yeah it was fast enough thanks.
If i can't mtl this game i explained even why is not possible to apply the maps after doing it but maybe i wasn't clear. Even if you do a manual translation you can apply the files only if you translate the pattern in the other linked file. For now i fixed the opening of the game with partial mtl and if you don't translate the key words it goes fine. So the final answer is that you must check every map and leave every key word untouched in the maps file. Is a tiring work but i'll see if is possible.
I have only a question now: Is right to overwrite the "talk" folder with the "Mod_talk" folder or i need to delete the first and put there the second?

EDIT: never mind you need to overwrite them

Last edited:

xRoguex

Reputation score
YOU.
CAN'T.

Sorry to bother you man.
I was trying my translation in the game and meanwhile see how it works all the game. I found an issue about the menu.
When i select party>status of a chara when i go down it pops up an error. Do you have the same issue as well?
I didn't find other problems, only this one.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well of course. The status screen has the most references to the database (both from original and mods).
To get this, you'll need to double-check every single item you've edited. Class, Personality, equipment, etc etc etc.
Whenever you forcefully edit the database, you've gotta check the game still isn't looking for the exact Japanese string you've just modified.

I've chosen to simply "hide" the Japanese in such windows, but that's script-heavy, and just one solution among many.

xRoguex

Reputation score
Well of course. The status screen has the most references to the database (both from original and mods).
To get this, you'll need to double-check every single item you've edited. Class, Personality, equipment, etc etc etc.
Whenever you forcefully edit the database, you've gotta check the game still isn't looking for the exact Japanese string you've just modified.

I've chosen to simply "hide" the Japanese in such windows, but that's script-heavy, and just one solution among many.
I'm asking because when i try to add your eng patch to my copy of the game with the mod applied (without my changes so only base game+1.20 patch) it don't work properly.
For example when i try to change the gender of the main chara or try to open gives me this error "uninitialized constant MOD::TRAINING_PARAM_MAX" and other action too.
So i've only added all the English_abc files system ecc+ the O_MOD_RPG Ability and Skilltext+ 魔_English_redraws and 魔_Force English. Overall it works fine and the only problem i have is when i open the chara menu like in your pic you've posted and try to switch page and see your abilities and it says "cannot convert nil into String".
Am I missing something or there is something complicated behind this?
I'm traslating this game manually now so about missing file or something more complex i know really a little. But for translating without interfere with japanese game mechanics I've no problems.
I've finished with the opening, prologue and tutorial (even if it's still half mtl for now) + the first Lesser Succubus talk. I'm doing only dialogues and storyline btw for now.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
it don't work
Dunno. I never play FMC, but I've just tried, got no problem at all.
TRAINING_PARAM_MAX is set in Mod\SCRP_Mod_Setting.rb. I haven't touched the thing.
In all likelihood you're either missing files or using a different version.

In O_MOD_RPG_Ability_素質・設定用.rb, right after the "def setup(ability_id)" line, you need to add a new line with "UK_setup(ability_id)". Abilities won't be defined without it, and there's no failsafe.
I don't think changed_files__log.txt is up to date, but most important pointers are in there (lines number may differ, of course) when it comes to the all-important Status windows.

I suggest you have a look at SFrame's work. I never got around to implementing his stuff into the mod; that's when I found out I was an utter failure at Github... 🤦‍♂️

xRoguex

Reputation score
Dunno. I never play FMC, but I've just tried, got no problem at all.
TRAINING_PARAM_MAX is set in Mod\SCRP_Mod_Setting.rb. I haven't touched the thing.
In all likelihood you're either missing files or using a different version.

In O_MOD_RPG_Ability_素質・設定用.rb, right after the "def setup(ability_id)" line, you need to add a new line with "UK_setup(ability_id)". Abilities won't be defined without it, and there's no failsafe.
I don't think changed_files__log.txt is up to date, but most important pointers are in there (lines number may differ, of course) when it comes to the all-important Status windows.

I suggest you have a look at SFrame's work. I never got around to implementing his stuff into the mod; that's when I found out I was an utter failure at Github... 🤦‍♂️
Thanks a lot man, now it works fine for what i played. (about 10 minutes because without english i'm not able to go on).
As a token of my gratitude I will share my mod with you in a few days after I've checked all the possible horrors, not errors, and if you want you can try it. Could be good also because if you have a different version than mine, like a lot of other people, i can see if there are any errors. I can expect only something like some different dialogues or always the same stuff because the mod has really a lot of dialogues... even more than the base game.
For now I won't check other thing like trying to fix the TRAINING_PARAM_MAX error since the game so far is working and truly speaking I don't wanna mess up badly :LOL:
I will upgrade this post with the mini english patch I've mentioned before so stay tuned.

Edit: 07.07
Ok this is the translation I've done so far: .
KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES BEFORE REWRITE YOUR FILES!
The real struggle there is the CommonEvent data file because inside there are dialogues and keywords like debuff and buffs so if you see any errors is 99% that file.

Edit: 13.07
I've fixed the dialogues and uploaded again

Attachments

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Edit: 07.07
Ok this is the translation I've done so far: .
The Mega's down :cry:
You could attach it as a zip here. I recommend you share the least amount of files by the way; the more files the more chances for conflict.