What's new

So I started watching pro wrestling.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score
Recently my little brother (seven) started watching pro wrestling.
He got really in to it, so whenever its on (four nights a week) he forces me to watch it with him.
To be honest, I find it annoying.
Randy Orton, Edge, John Cena, and Chris Jericho are some of the most annoying fucks I have ever seen in my life.
However.... None of them are annoying as
Anyways yeah, I don't like the WWE. Its annoying. Plus all the fake fighting is really lame.

Your thoughts?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: So I started watching pro wrestling.

i find its funny that so many Americans enjoy going to what is technically theater.

OP
BurningGold

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

i find its funny that so many Americans enjoy going to what is technically theater.
I think its funny that they all enjoy such bad written theater.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It was amusing on those nights when there was nothing to do, and when the wrestlers were still at least somewhat interesting, and when I didn't know what the word "Gay" meant >:

OP
BurningGold

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

It was amusing on those nights when there was nothing to do, and when the wrestlers were still at least somewhat interesting, and when I didn't know what the word "Gay" meant >:
Question.

How gay does this picture look to you?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I find pro wrestling the stupidest fuckshit out there.

Literally. Same with reality tv

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've never gotten into wrestling, never really been tempted to watch it. As has been said, it is essentially theatre. Actually... closer to a violent balet.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hah. I'm somewhat of a fan myself. My theory is that you have to be suckered in at a young age before it loses it's magic.
I do agree though, Vickie Guerrero's voice is annoying as hell. Kind of makes you forget that she does this job to feed her children after her husband - also a wrestler - died.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wrestling. As stupid a 'sport' as Golf.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

You're joking right? Golf can really get exciting. If you watch a match these days, it's no longer just quiet golf clapping and silent ball hitting.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I golf. Although I play nearly every other sport known to mankind, I'm most tired at the end of golf.

Probably cuz it frustrates the living hell out of you in high temperatures. People go to "relax," meanwhile, I'm two steps away from getting in a fistfight with my dad.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lol. I'm half Scottish, and I hate Golf.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

All I have to say is I've never seen the point in watching sports. If you play them then it's a contest of skill against the other person, but watching has no point.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Agreed to so many degrees. I can't play sports video games either. My garage is filled with all the equipment they're using on my screen, why don't I just fucking do it myself?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't you dare compare reality TV to garbage like pro wrestling!

(even though the only thing I like is Real World...)

Also, golf is awesome, don't diss it. I like seeing how many times I can yell "FORE, MOTHERFUCKER!" before getting kicked out.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Don't you dare compare reality TV to garbage like pro wrestling!

(even though the only thing I like is Real World...)

Also, golf is awesome, don't diss it. I like seeing how many times I can yell "FORE, MOTHERFUCKER!" before getting kicked out.
That should be the other way around. At least in wrestling everyone knows it's scripted and the actors aren't deliberately humiliating themselves.

I don't really like pro-wrestling either, though.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I used to watch it when I was a lot younger, before I actually got into the playing of sports myself. I find it to be pretty stupid, but it's no worse than most movies or other television in general.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

All I have to say is I've never seen the point in watching sports. If you play them then it's a contest of skill against the other person, but watching has no point.

Pheonix, I'm surprised. You can't understand the appeal of watching someone pull of a spectacular move, like just about every fight scene in every movie and video game ever? You can't understand the appeal in viewing feats of skill you couldn't possibly do yourself, without at the very least putting in many hours of training per sport per day?

Have you ever enjoyed watching someone play a videogame, then? I guess not, because if you play them it's a contest of skill against the AI, but watching has no challenge.

Have you ever enjoyed listening to someone playing music, then? I suppose not, because if you play music it's a contest of skill against yourself, but watching has no challenge.

And that’s only one of the multiple manners in which people can get enjoyment from watching something…

I take it you find both of these examples clearly boring, and something no one could get enjoyment from?

That being said, pro-wrestling does suck.

EDIT: Oh, and happy birthday! *Grins*

Last edited:

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

There's a difference between taking in the final product of someone else's (or some team of someone else's) creative process, and viewing a competition between two people (or teams).

I find watching sports to be incredibly dull but, say, watching a live play can be pretty exciting. In the former, it wouldn't matter if I were watching or not... the competition's got nothing to do with me. In the latter, the entire point of the play is to convey a message, so that while the actors might not be directly interacting with me, there's a definite message being passed on from the creative team.