Re: Stupid ChooseYourOwnAdventure Story

i'm inclined to go with 2

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Other: Chooses 5, but before going on adventure, attempts to purchase superior weapon.

Penguin

Lurker
Reputation score

Other: Chooses 5, but before going on adventure, attempts to purchase superior weapon.
I concur. Beloved though the stabby knife may be, it isn't going to do much against the inevitable vampires in that castle. Hmm, on that thought, how about some wooden stakes, as well?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

quoted for truth

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

5 - and I agree with getting a better weapon!

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Choice is five: Go to castle, with the additional of attempting to get a better weapon

Katie thought of the knife in her back, and realized that it probably wasn't the most effective weapon to use in a fight, as she did, she turned around to the clerk and announced, "The Castle sounds like an interesting place to explore."

The clerk nods happily, then hands her a form, "I just need you to fill in here and sign here and here, just to make sure that if anything bad happens we're not liable" she smiles as Katie nervously fills out the form, she stamps it, then hands Katie a train ticket, "Due to budget constraints, we scheduled your train to leave in 5 minutes. Good luck getting to the station!"

Katie stared at the clerk for a few seconds, then bolted off to the train station. She manages to get onto the train just as the conductor hollared for the last time. She plopped down onto a seat and handed the employee her ticket, she began to wonder where she was going to get a new weapon...

She then looks up and notices a sign saying, 'General Train Store, we sell everything from condoms to rifles!', she blinks, "Well... that's convineant..." she gets out of her seat holding onto her money and looks through the store's selection

Inventory
$700
Clothing
(everything else on her chair)

Choices
(Explanation, when certain things happen, such as attacking and stuff, I roll a die to check for success, a base roll is 1d2, where 1 is success and 2 is failure, a +1 success would make me roll a 1d3 instead, where 1 and 2 succeeds, and 3 fails)

(Bonuses from these items only affect activities done with said item)
1. Dagger, $500, +1 succeed

2. Handgun/8 bullets, $500, +2 succeed, requires ammo

3. Rifle/2 bullets, $700, +4 succeed, requires ammo

4. Machette, $700, +2 succeed

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

I say go with 4. No ammo, and +2 succeed.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wait, for future reference, how much would ammo itself be? Cuz I don't like her being completely broke and I don't know how much bullets would run us down in the future.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Soulgain

Lurker
Reputation score

We will go for the standard melee weapon.Which is 4.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Hachet used in an awsome fight against a baseball bat on a school roof... wait, that's not one of the choices? 4 then, close enough.

(Was wondering how to get the Higurashi referance in...)

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

((That was the most stupid part of the whole series >_>

Parasitic aliens were more plausable than that duel.))

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

((Fine... first 2 minutes of the first episode. Best opening to an anime series I've ever seen.))

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Choice is to get the machette

Katie carefully weighs the weapon in her hand and gives it a few experimental swings, it was much heftier than her knife, but it at least had a little advantage in terms of range and power. She gingerly hands over the last of her money with hopes that with the upcoming explorations, she could earn the money back.

She wanders out of the store and back to her seat, she notices a group of people gathered near her, she tried her best not to eavesdrop, but a few interesting words caught her ear, "Castle... treasure... ghosts... pie..." She leans out of her seat to look at the group.

The group seemed to also be adventurers, albeit more well equipped ones, they had all sorts of high powered radar systems and who knew what. She let out a sigh and slips back into her chair, 'Great...' she thought, 'competition...'. She sits there musing and grumbling for the next twelve hours until her stop is finally called. She gets out of the train and notices to her dismay that it was already night. She sees the group heading to the inn for the night. The conductor taps her shoulder, "Your agency sent you some money, they said it was for emergency use." She blinks as the conductor hands her $10, just barely enough for a stay at the inn, or perhaps to hire someone to take her to the castle...

Inventory
Stabby Knife
Backpack
Room Key
Machette
29 days worth of rations
Change of Clothing
Hammer
Plunger
$10

Choices
1. Rest at the inn for the night, the more rested you are, the bigger chances you have of succeeding

2. Find the quickest horse-drawn carriage to the castle! You gotta get there before the others do!

3. Others

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Edit: Arch's 3, that's just epic win.

Last edited: