What's new

The Ranting/Debate Thread

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Ranting/Debate Thread

Hmm. Something I was going to ask. Basically, this person on Livejournal took Firefly and deconstructed it from a radical feminist perspective, so that the end result is about 40 paragraphs worth of ranting about how Firefly is incredibly sexist toward women and how Joss Whedon rapes his wife. It was related to what I ranted on earlier, though more specific, and I went through and snarked/corrected it MST/sporking style (that is keeping the original text and inserting comments every line or few lines).

I would post it, but it's insanely long, and I don't know that anyone would enjoy something like that anyway. Thoughts?

QuirkyQuark

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds funny, I vote LYNCH; I mean POST.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Agreed. I can't play guitar or anything, but I know someone with a guitar in their room that they can't play worth crap but say they're good at it because they're good at guitar hero. On that note, I'm kind of annoyed by people who got into rock and shredding on a guitar only because of GH. Not like getting into rock is a bad thing, but you needed a video game to do it? Really?
I completely agree with you. I've played guitar for...way too long. Playing guitar hero has nothing to do with playing guitar.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Count your points, how many did it minus?
Yeah, I thought of that. I was too lazy to look up all the people with 6 rep points though. I tried Members List -> sort by reputation, but it's lame and only sorts by the rollover message like "____ is just really nice". Ugh.

I SWEAR A BLOOD OATH. YOU WILL DIE.

On topic, for the first and most likely only time, I agree with chibi. And now a short rant from the desk of Obe Liskos.

Word of the Day: Feminists.

Didn't mean to generalize it, but "Feminists that say they fight for equal rights yet still make a big deal out of when a man hurts them or something, despite the fact a woman hurting a woman is okay, a man hurting a man is just some dudes palling around, and even a woman hurting a man is cute and funny, BUT WHEN A MAN HURTS A WOMAN, IT'S NOT RIGHT AND ABUSIVE HOLY SHIT!!1" was a pretty long title.

Anyway, that's what my rant is about. I hate women who fight for equal rights and shit but make a big deal out of guy vs girl despite EVERY OTHER pairing of the genders versing each other being alright. Seriously, it gives me the impression that we're still stuck on "guys are tougher than girls". So, um, isn't that what these damn bitches are fucking FIGHTING AGAINST!? Aren't they like "OMG WE CAN BE HURTING PPLZ 2 BALLS GO IN MOUTH NOW"!? WELL THEN.

I also fucking hate women who say "the perfect guy would act cute when I hit him!". Well, the perfect woman would be less of a feminist fuck when I punch her goddamn lights out. With my fucking spiked knuckles. And a bat. Fucking bitches. Goddamn.

FOR MOAR INFORMATION ON FEMINISTS BEING STUPID, SEE .

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i know who neg repped him, but i figured if he cared enough to want to know he would find out on his own.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I once met one of those feminazi's. She started hitting me, trying to hit my head, she did a few times and I got pissed, hit her on the head(Exactly the spot she hit me), and suddenly she's crying all over the floor about how I hit a girl.

Fitting comment I made
"Either get back to the kitchen or accept the whole emancipation."

School didn't like it for some reason, and I got a week punishment of stuff I didn't do anyway(cleaning).

They're always going on about emancipation, but when shit happens, it's women and children first.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

While yes Femnazis are bad and don't help the cause of equal rights very much, I hate people who actually believe that women don't deserve any rights. People who actually think that women belong in a kitchen, and cooking and cleaning. It really is a pile of horseshit.

Women are human beings. We bleed just the same, we hurt just the same. But these people think that just because we don't have a fucking dick and a pair of tits that we're the bottom of the food chain. Never mind that if it weren't for women there would be no human race to think of. Never mind that women can work just as hard as men. Nope, they are automatically slammed to be inferior by these bigots, which is horseshit. The people who think like this are cruel, not only that they don't help advance society with that attitude.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh lord... What have we started here?

Anyways, I follow the principle of never hitting a woman, because physically, when it comes to fighting I am superior to the average woman. The thing is, I don't hit weak men either, because for me it's not about one being inferior in principle, but being actually inferior. I believe that the rights of women and men should be equal, and I fully support that. What I do not support, however, is the selective rights. In Norway for example there's a womans rights group that are allways whining about unfair treatment and balances. We also had obligatory enlistment to the military for men until recently. And when someone started contemplating giving them that duty too, they caused a bloody uproar with protests and the whole shabang, I mean, Come on!

There is one argument I do not support in the debate though. Men = Women.

Men and women differ greatly in the way the brain works and are subject to very different hormonal cycles and so on so fourth. I did not want a woman to become the president of the United States, because in my long experience with very hormonal women I have learned that PMS and power is a bad mix.
That is not to say, that a woman could become a great president apart from that, and if Obama had not been part of the equation, I would have been hoping for Hillary without any doubt, given as she would probably choose a good panel of advisors to help her through those three days every month.

Oh, this opened up possibilities for a side rant. Hillary lost, and feminazis were screaming that she lost because she was a woman. Perhaps, but keep in mind that Obama has been labeled one of the 5 greatest political talkers of the past 45 years.

Oh, shit, this post seems a bit sexist after all doesn't it?

Oh well, I'll conclude with this:
Women and men are different, but they are worth the same.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh lord... What have we started here?

Anyways, I follow the principle of never hitting a woman, because physically, when it comes to fighting I am superior to the average woman. The thing is, I don't hit weak men either, because for me it's not about one being inferior in principle, but being actually inferior. I believe that the rights of women and men should be equal, and I fully support that. What I do not support, however, is the selective rights. In Norway for example there's a womans rights group that are allways whining about unfair treatment and balances. We also had obligatory enlistment to the military for men until recently. And when someone started contemplating giving them that duty too, they caused a bloody uproar with protests and the whole shabang, I mean, Come on!

There is one argument I do not support in the debate though. Men = Women.

Men and women differ greatly in the way the brain works and are subject to very different hormonal cycles and so on so fourth. I did not want a woman to become the president of the United States, because in my long experience with very hormonal women I have learned that PMS and power is a bad mix.
That is not to say, that a woman could become a great president apart from that, and if Obama had not been part of the equation, I would have been hoping for Hillary without any doubt, given as she would probably choose a good panel of advisors to help her through those three days every month.

Oh, this opened up possibilities for a side rant. Hillary lost, and feminazis were screaming that she lost because she was a woman. Perhaps, but keep in mind that Obama has been labeled one of the 5 greatest political talkers of the past 45 years.

Oh, shit, this post seems a bit sexist after all doesn't it?

Oh well, I'll conclude with this:
Women and men are different, but they are worth the same.
I... I'm actually hugely stunned by some of the phrases in this. I don't even want to get into how pissed off this actually makes me. A woman shouldn't be president because of fucking PMS? Never mind fucking menopause, never mind that anything in the government take more than three fucking days, never mind that not all women act the same way during their period, never mind that...

You know what. Fuck it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Sinful has a point there not all women act the same during PMS. For example my fiancee is actually easier to get along with during hers, the rest of the time is when she's grouchy.

If they can get through the exact same training any woman should be allowed in a combat job. I still don't understand why the US won't allow women in combat MOS's myself. I mean sure most of the women I know in the US army couldn't do the combat jobs, of course most of them had trouble doing the pogue jobs. Then again there's alot of guy's who were combat arms who shouldn't have been in the army at all. Luckily I was able to drum a few of them out. Anyways yes women are perfectly capable of doing the same things as men, just so long as they don't expect special treatment because they're women that is.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anyways yes women are perfectly capable of doing the same things as men, just so long as they don't expect special treatment because they're women that is.
No, and that's a point I was trying to raise earlier. Especially for combat jobs.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

I... I'm actually hugely stunned by some of the phrases in this. I don't even want to get into how pissed off this actually makes me. A woman shouldn't be president because of fucking PMS? Never mind fucking menopause, never mind that anything in the government take more than three fucking days, never mind that not all women act the same way during their period, never mind that...

You know what. Fuck it.
This. So women go through regular hormonal cycles. I don't know of any evidence that says this actually disrupts their abilities to, say, govern or make decisions.

I never disputed that women and men are different biologically; I acknowledge that. What I think is that the two should not be treated differently due to biological differences. Different, but equal if you will.

@Quirkyquirk, alright. I'll probably post in on a Blank Page thread, if that sort of thing is allowed? For the record, is the original post. Warning: Firefly spoilers, mainly of the pilot.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

No, and that's a point I was trying to raise earlier. Especially for combat jobs.
Engineering jobs are the same. You can have two people that are equally qualified for the job but the man will get paid more. They just recently passed a bill here in the US that specifically states "Equal Pay for equal work." It's a bit long in coming I think.

There was a black woman in some office I can't remember, I think she was a Senator, that someone asked how much flak she caught for be black. She told them, "I've caught more insults from people for being a woman, than i ever have for being black."

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Different, but equal if you will.
This was the point I was trying to make, but made very clumsily. As I said, I would much rather have Hillary Clinton for president than McCain. My point is that men and women can all do the same, but that doesn't mean they should. We need female leaders, and we need male leaders. I have no idea how Hillary is responding to menopause or such, and I honestly don't care, 'cause I'm a Barack supporter. I only used her as an example of a situation where the hormonal changes might be a dis-advantage to the greater good. I know plenty of females that are genuinly friendly during PMS, I even know one that has very bad cramps, but doesn't even get cranky from that. The fact still remains, that I know some women that turn into the human version of some very unstable uranium isotope. We should all have equal rights, but there are some things that are done better by some than others.

In the olympics for example it is common knowledge that african genes have a higher chance at winning the sprint than caucasian. And then there's allways this one dude from wales or ireland or something that bashes everyone's expectations.

He might not be the best suited from a biological viewpoint, but he gets his chance and he proves himself.

(I think I should probably withdraw from this thread now, as my texts keep turning into something I don't intend them to do.

Stop... Typing... Damnit!)

Lurker
Reputation score

They just recently passed a bill here in the US that specifically states "Equal Pay for equal work." It's a bit long in coming I think.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here. It has not been long in coming because it shouldn't have been necessary in the first place. We shouldn't need fucking congress to tell us we're equal, we should have figured this shit out some forty years ago if not sooner.

Affirmative action, in all of its forms, is bullshit that highlights and prolongs the issue. Every time we congratulate ourselves for steps forward we've failed, because paying it so much attention brings the issue back to the forefront.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here. It has not been long in coming because it shouldn't have been necessary in the first place. We shouldn't need fucking congress to tell us we're equal, we should have figured this shit out some forty years ago if not sooner.

Affirmative action, in all of its forms, is bullshit that highlights and prolongs the issue. Every time we congratulate ourselves for steps forward we've failed, because paying it so much attention brings the issue back to the forefront.
True. I agree that it never should have been an issue but unfortunately that's how people operate. Everyone has a superiority complex and feels the need to establish that by hurting someone else.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

And I thought this topic was going well. i bet the person who did it was an emo.
Don't you have the ability to find out who did it?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

(I think I should probably withdraw from this thread now, as my texts keep turning into something I don't intend them to do.

Stop... Typing... Damnit!)
This is why I don't rant online.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Engineering jobs are the same. You can have two people that are equally qualified for the job but the man will get paid more. They just recently passed a bill here in the US that specifically states "Equal Pay for equal work." It's a bit long in coming I think.

There was a black woman in some office I can't remember, I think she was a Senator, that someone asked how much flak she caught for be black. She told them, "I've caught more insults from people for being a woman, than i ever have for being black."
I so don't want to get into this debate. But I seem to remember reading about study that showed that men ask for higher salary than women, even if they're equally qualified.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

I really shouldn't get into a debate about affirmative action, since I readily admit that I benefit from it, and am rather happy that I do benefit from it.