What's new

The Ranting/Debate Thread

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: The Ranting/Debate Thread

Incoming rage-rant.

For the love of FUCK people in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer need to learn to use the Missile Launcher more, or at least 'git gud'. I'm not asking people to spam it and waste it, but when there are TWO Atlas/Banshees/Praetorians/Geth Primes, it's a good damn opportunity to use a missile launcher. Even if you don't have any capacity upgrades, you should have two from the start. If you see someone use THREE, and all three take out at least two of the aforementioned enemies each time, chances are good that you need to start looking for that shit as well, especially when the guy who just saved your ass from 2+ big guys had to run across the map to do it. Or, like I said, 'git gud'. I.e. stop being a cum-guzzling chuckle-fuck solo hero that sucks at being a hero. Especially you, Vanguard derp. Yeah, I see you. You and your Biotic Charge. Fuck you. No. I'm not reviving you. You didn't even die to save someone. You died because you charged into two Brutes, a Banshee, and a Ravager. Yeah I mad bro. I've used FIVE missiles this mission. That's another Jumbo Pack I have to waste money on if I want to guarantee my missiles back. "You didn't have to use them," I hear you thinking. Oh hell no. We were dead if I didn't use them. Cock-munch over there likes to stand in front of bullets, and Clown-Car-For-Penises over here keeps trying to revive you when there's a Ravager and a Brute still hovering around your corpse, which wouldn't be so bad if you got him up and got out, BUT YOUR LOVE FOR PHALLIC OBJECTS IS SO STRONG THAT AS SOON AS YOU GET REVIVED YOU TRY TO SUCK THE RAVAGER'S MISSILE TURRETS. Yes, I could just play my Geth Juggernaut in Silvers and be done with it. I get it. I can't help it, though. I am drawn to the Engineer classes. We are usually squishy, even with the right set-up for survivability. So we rely on our teammates to not run in and die haphazardly. Give it a second or two. Let us set the enemy up. Let us whittle them down. Let us- ..... MOTHERFUCKING ASS BANDIT I SAID WAIT. .... and you're dead..... aaaand here comes another Jumbo Equipment crate I'm going to have to buy.

TL;DR FUCK VANGUARD COCK MAGNETS IN ME3 MULTIPLAYER, AND FUCK PEOPLE WHO CAN'T BE ARSED TO USE EVEN ONE FUCKING MISSILE.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

See, your problem there is playing Mass Effect 3 in the first place.

And on D&D, we've got two tanky druids in our current party. One's more of a jack of all trades though spends much of his time in the form of a tyrannosaurus rex, while the other has taken a load of levels in master of many forms and shifts into such fun things including a siege beetle and a delver, and his personal favourite, a swarm of bats. I was a bit worried at first that they may take my role away from me (half ogre barbarian dealing and taking a fuckload of damage) though fortunately even when in their best forms they're nowhere near as damage dealing as I am. If anything they've made my job easier, especially t-rex druid, by swallowing the biggest threats against me while I go to town against the biggest threats for the rest of the party.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mass Effect 3? Gold missions? With Randoms?

Son you just went full retard...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Welcome to pubbing, where either one guy steals the show and kills the fun for everyone or someone's majorly incompetent and kills the fun for everyone.

Kat

Sex Demon
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I had Mass Effect 3 once and pretty much never got to play the multi-player. I tried a few times, then literally got kicked from EVERY SINGLE GAME I joined because I was a level 1 and everyone else was like 300+. I guess if you don't know the right people to get you experience, you're pretty much screwed... like trying to get your first job.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

And that is generally why I hate online gaming, unless you have a means to communicate *immediately* with your party (that is, not by typing). Part of the reason I hate having to do dungeons in Neverwinter, too. You either get people that have done it before and rush through it (while you're loot--exploring.) or you get the glory hounds. I get it. It's supposed to be fun with a team where everyone works together, but, well, that's the rub, idinit?

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Translate what? We summarily destroy them ourselves, typically, heh.
Anything,
You said "Never read anything it might be an exploding rune" or something,
so if you can't read anything how will you ever translate anything along the path or whatever.

Lol no biggie :p

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I think the joke went over your head first :p

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

See, your problem there is playing Mass Effect 3 in the first place.
Despite my bitching above, I really do like the multiplayer of ME 3.

Mass Effect 3? Gold missions? With Randoms?

Son you just went full retard...
I wish this was Gold, this shit is happening on Silvers. SILVERS FFS. Again, yeah, I could play one of my Soldiers and be done with it, but the squishy classes call to me.....
If this was Gold, I would never get off of my Geth Juggernaut, save for maybe my Devastator or lolcainmines.

I had Mass Effect 3 once and pretty much never got to play the multi-player. I tried a few times, then literally got kicked from EVERY SINGLE GAME I joined because I was a level 1 and everyone else was like 300+.
Wow, the people you connected to musta been complete cunts, then. Either that, or you were trying to get into a Gold/Plat game, in which case they're still cunts but I can at least see why then. The jump from Silver to Gold is pretty big, and Gold to Plat is moreso. But if they're 300+ and kicking you from a Bronze game, they need to get their heads out of their asses.

You either get people that have done it before and rush through it (while you're loot--exploring.) or you get the glory hounds. I get it. It's supposed to be fun with a team where everyone works together, but, well, that's the rub, idinit?
And then you get the friends that are like that as well. Oh sure, normally they're fine, but as soon as you get them in Diablo II they're all *rushrushrush*

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

And that is generally why I hate online gaming, unless you have a means to communicate *immediately* with your party (that is, not by typing). Part of the reason I hate having to do dungeons in Neverwinter, too. You either get people that have done it before and rush through it (while you're loot--exploring.) or you get the glory hounds. I get it. It's supposed to be fun with a team where everyone works together, but, well, that's the rub, idinit?
This is why I have a high WPM, ironically. Certainly wasn't Mavis Beacon as a kid, that was a train wreck >_>;

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You either get people that have done it before and rush through it (while you're loot--exploring.) or you get the glory hounds.
Might find Star Trek Online more to your speed, then. There's actually missions that WILL pretty much ass-rape that behavior. (The Infected: Manus is a big one on that.) Usually by suddenly 12+ ships, or 20+ Y.O.R.G.s*, depending on whether space or ground map.

Plus, if you were playing that, you could have help from Hardware or I. Hardware, especially, pretty much has most of the missions memorized, at least through much of the main stories, so we could help guide you through the missions. Plus, rain doom if it does something derpy like the damn Gorn Draguas/Phalanxes or the Tal Shiar mine-spammer ships. We could also at least try to explain anything that you might need help with understanding.

*Ye Olde Random Gimps.

Reactions: Sin

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Excepting I'm not a Star Trek fan. I will say, apparently Age of Conan had pretty good anti-griefers, if my one friend was to be believed, but that was back when it first came out, so I don't know if that's changed at all.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Currently hating the crush of the final push in post grad work. Hating the fact that I've at times procrastinated. Hating the fact that when I procrastinated, I ignored collaborative distractions in which others are impatient for my presence, like owing posts in some of the RP threads I have here with long time, dedicated RPers. Hating the fact that I'm somewhat proud of having tried to accomplish something more for myself yet still annoyed/frightened of it meaning just more responsibility that I'm setting myself up for in the years to come, and of what that might mean to the current pursuits and lifestyle that I presently enjoy.

Hating the fact that at some point one is forced to grow up. Hating the fact that I've in some ways managed to avoid doing so for so long, or at least done only what was necessary to get along, instead of actively pursuing something of more lasting value. Hating the fact that I have been content to the point where society may judge ill of me. Hating that I give too much consideration to what society in general might think of me.

Hating self doubt.

Hating that I'm procrastinating when I should be getting my work done.

And here I thought only teenagers felt the need to bitch about first world problems in prose. Must be the coffee and impending sense of doom.

In all seriousness, I sometimes look at examples of highly productive people and wonder at the maddening dedication and talent that they are capable of, and I lament that I have difficulty in comprehending how they find the energy to get up every day and throw themselves into something.

Here I sit, mentally stuck, knowing that I've much to do before I sleep, and my best answer is to rant on this thread. Perhaps it will work. Perhaps by the time I check back here, I'll have done what needs to be done. I'd like that. I'd probably be in a better mood by then. Might even celebrate with procrastination.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Nunu remembers the stress of the postgrad study, mine almost killed me. the only advice i have is to find someone willing to kick you in the head repeatedly until you are finished.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I fell into that trap with my own attempts at trying to get into higher schooling. Definitely try to keep yourself focused, trust me.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When I was reading the futa thread, I came across jormilos' concern about people thinking he was gay for liking girls with dicks. It got me thinking about sexuality and identity issues. Kind of off topic, so I thought I'd post it here.

My first reaction was something like, "Those people are idiots! Being gay isn't a bad thing. Just ignore them." When I thought about it more, I understand why someone wouldn't want people to think they're something they are not. It's all about our identity. If you think of yourself as straight, you probably don't want people to think you're gay or bi even if you don't think being gay is bad. It's kind of like how I don't think being a Republican or being Christian are objectively bad things, but I still don't want people to think I am Republican or Christian. It's just not who I am. If someone has that idea about me, they probably don't know me that well!

People like to be in groups and to label others because it makes the world easier to understand. Still, if you look at most categories, the possibilities are a lot more fluid than people would like to think. There are tons of different types of people in any given sexuality just like there are in a political party, a religion, a race, or a nationality. I guess that's what leads to things like LGBTQABCDEFGLMNOP and google having so many options under the sexuality category. People want their label to be as specific and inclusive (or exclusive) as possible because then everyone knows who they really are.

I guess it doesn't really matter how people choose to label themselves in the grand scheme of things. If someone wants to be a skoliosexual, pansexual, heterosexual, or whatever, who am I to judge? I still feel like it would be a lot easier if we just did away with the labels. If we didn't have to worry about whether someone was straight, gay, trans, or whatever, then maybe everyone could just choose to love or have sex with people that they like. They could enjoy fetishes because they find it attractive without having to justify the why. I think sometimes we don't understand why love or lust happens. It just does. Maybe that's what makes it so beautiful, so alluring - why everyone wants a piece of it.

Maybe I just have a hard time understanding the need for all this because I'm attracted to both women and men. Doing away with sexuality labels wouldn't effect me that much because being bisexual is almost like not having a sexuality already. I'm interested to know what people think!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I heard an argument before that that is the very point of insults, an attack on someone's identity. When you call someone something they're not, the idea is not that you're grouping them together with whatever you called them, it's that you're taking away with what they do identify. If someone is called gay, it means the person insulting them hates gay people the same amount as he hates pussies if he calls the guy a pussy too. But the person being attacked feels such in the form of him or her now being called something that they feel they're not. And now they have to sort of fight internally to reconvince themselves that they aren't the label they were just given in the same way how a person who was told over and over again growing up that they're fat or dumb start to believe it cuz they were called it enough.

Personally, I'm with you on the bisexuality thing, and I don't even like calling it that either. I think with acceptance of most gender fluidity, gender roles, born sex, and transgenderism today as well as connections between those groups of people and their likes, not to mention polyamory between those interests between groups of people, the resulting labels are exponential and, therefore, pretty unnecessary. You like what you like and you don't what you don't.

Kinda silly of a character to take inspiration from but:

(Although that could be what scares people. Though labels can be used to divide, most people are comfortable giving themselves one because it houses them, and it's just another thing for them to group themselves with. It makes people feel safe to have some sort of connection with others, even if they know the connection is largely meaningless. Kinda like how you might meet another American abroad and find common ground, despite the fact that if you were both in America, you wouldn't even make eye contact with the guy.)

Last edited:

Obsidious

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Found it you guys and gals! Let's discuss stuff here !

Last edited:

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gonna keep this as simple as I can.

If people didn't have sexual identities(label's), they would not be able to find others like themselves efficiently.

If you're Bisexual, then yes you can have a man, or a woman and therefore need no labels.

However,
If you are straight, gay, lesbian, whatever, you find the label convenient because it helps you discern what you can have, or don't want to have.

A futa tag tells me "I will see chicks with dicks", then I think "well I love women, and tits, why not check out this hot chick with a dick banging another girl or whatever". A woman with a dick is more appealing to me than a man with a dick, that mixed with other reasons of why I do not like men sexually tells me I'm not gay.

However if you're a man looking at futa and go "Oh a big yummy dick" you might be gay, bi, some people do think that, and there's nothing wrong with it. Then they ask themselves "am I gay, bi, cause I like that dick on the chick more than her tits?", they are just trying to figure out their own sexual identity.

Anyhoo,
I do not mind the labels of which people give themselves, because it is imo better that we have difference, than all just being the same.

Best of luck to all in finding themselves.