What's new

ACT Loli Ryona [Tozicode] カナデロオグ / Kanaderogue

BapZap

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In case anyone is looking for a guide/walkthrough or for information on anything in the game, there is already an extremely detailed entry for Kanaderogue on the Ryona Games Wiki (in Japanese).
Description page:
Encyclopedia:
It has everything including the kitchen sink (click all of the little square + boxes) up to the latest pre-release version of the game. If anything new was added in the full release, it will probably be added to the wiki page soon.
Should we have this in the OP post?

@JustLurksHere I didn't know about any of that. I thought dxlib was just some old and outdated archive format that tozicode was using. But where there's a will there's a way...

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I've pasted your file into the game folder and for some reason the whole gallery is still off.
Is the save folder on another location??

Also, where did you find that manual? I need to know which enemies are which... :S
The manual came with the game, it was in one of the folders.

The save goes inside the same folder where the game.exe file is. Looks like I made a mistake as I did some testing and the save 99 file doesn't contain gallery data after all (tested by removing the save 99 file and seeing what happens). I have attached all my saves. the second save is the one that has most of the CG. Missing zombie, human faced bug, and first goblin attack.

Attachments

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
I managed to get the face bug.
I think you just need to lose to the face bugs on the boss floor, the floor where the boss spawns endless face bugs.

Lloyd Dunamis

Lurker
Reputation score
Kanade Rogue probably has the scariest presentation I've seen, of tentacles moving on its own as independent mobs especially on first encounters. 🐙
It wriggling left-right energetically, with the delay on its movement appearance...
( . Technically sfw, but let me know if it isn't and I'll remove it.)

In case anyone is looking for a guide/walkthrough or for information on anything in the game, there is already an extremely detailed entry for Kanaderogue on the Ryona Games Wiki (in Japanese).
Description page:
Encyclopedia:
It has everything including the kitchen sink (click all of the little square + boxes) up to the latest pre-release version of the game. If anything new was added in the full release, it will probably be added to the wiki page soon.
Should we have this in the OP post?
A wealth of information... Yes, definitely have it included in OP, methinks!

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
So about the translation...

The game was partially translated during its development. A few years back, the developer made a post on their website opening the game up to anyone willing to submit a translation:

The Google Drive links lead to the actual in-game files containing all of the untranslated text, including fatalitites. (It has even been updated to include untranslated text from the new fatalitites)
If anyone is willing, they can translate the files and send them to the developer according to the translation instructions.

Furthermore, I really want to bring to people's attention that tozicode's games have their data packed into a .DXA archive. There are tools for extracting and re-packing DXArchives, but not without the password for the archive first. DXExtract has a brute force method to find an unknown password, but for whatever reason it doesn't work on tozicode's games.
On the homepage of DXExtract, someone posted the extraction password for the newest version of Recover the Restarts, then disappeared.

If we can figure out the password for the .dxa archive, we could fully translate the game ourselves, right now.
Modding would even be possible as people have already done in Recover the Restarts (custom clothing, nude mode, etc.)
Rtr mods? Where?

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score
It's like your country's constitution or carrots. Read it/taste them before you say so :LOL:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's very much allowed to link to pages featuring no sensitive content.
Like this: (lv2 Mushroom is as naked as an horse in a western, I gotta admit)
Where you click from the linked page is of no relevance to ULMF.
However, direct links to controversial content are not fine. Then again, the circle's name, tozicode.com , should be good enough a hint to prevent any whining ;)
Isn´t Tozicode´s page just as much of a Hentai Page as Eluku´s Wolf Dungeon? Cause I got blocked (by someone without a life) for asking where I can find Eluku´s Wolf Dungeon Game (which is 100% free and Legal!) . . .

Lloyd Dunamis

Lurker
Reputation score
The game was partially translated during its development. A few years back, the developer made a post on their website opening the game up to anyone willing to submit a translation:
This being an open Google Drive document, I thought the dev can just pull whatever translation was made into the document and implement it upon building a game's update or something. Do we still have to actually send a copy of the document individually to the dev though?
Clarified myself via contacting Tozika directly, along with submitting a bug +.+
I was just silly; the information was already laid out there.
Tozika (via Twitter PM) said:
Scenes & Fatalities: Send me copies of files
Others: Edit Google-Doc directly

Tentalover

Reputation score
Shouldn't disturb the recover the restart thread.

I just saw this game being released. Does this means recover the restart will be continued? Yeehaay~
(Or at least... A gallery)

Reputation score
I just saw this game being released. Does this means recover the restart will be continued? Yeehaay~
(Or at least... A gallery)
Why can you have that conclusion?
Anyway,
1. RtR is a cooperate project of 2 authors, and the other author was also a ryona game maker, with no action on game making recently.
2. Tozika's CV for RtR (and this game) was already dead, 5 years ago. The reason is heart disease.
3. There is another new game project "Fictional Girls Fantasia" waiting for the author.
So, I don't have any hope on re-active of RtR.

Last edited:

Lloyd Dunamis

Lurker
Reputation score
There. I think I've translated most of the more functional-needed ones first with the help of Google Translate + DeepL with personal judgment. Here's hoping we do get them upon next build or something, and for the next build to be made soon. (no pressure for Tozica though. "My pace, my pace")
*edit: changed linked URL to the translation page instead of directly to the translation doc, for instructions and official-ness context.

Meanwhile, more controls in case the manual was missed.
  • 1: Toggle On/Off sexual effects when TentaClothes is active (when MP is MPty)
  • Space: Skip a little time. (less time spent compared to doing any other action)
  • Shift + direction: Change facing direction without moving to the next cell
  • F3: Pause game (suspend running game time, but not some effect-only game elements)
  • Esc: Prompt to exit game
And then perhaps an important, inventory space-saving, and very time-saving tip: Turn on Auto-Absorption in the settings. This will let you automatically use/absorb Factor Bags picked up.

Last edited:

Tentalover

Reputation score
Why can you have that conclusion?
Anyway,
1. RtR is a cooperate project of 2 authors, and the other author was also a ryona game maker, with no action on game making recently.
2. Tozika's CV for RtR (and this game) was already dead, 5 years ago. The reason is heart disease.
3. There is another new game project "Fictional Girls Fantasia" waiting for the author.
So, I don't have any hope on re-active of RtR.
Welp, totally don't know all of those so...

Oh great, should I use or not use RtR now...

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score
OK seriously who do I have to pay to translate this? It was awesome in development and without tentacle clothing descriptions and "upgrade" effects it's a fraction of the game. The best part was balancing "upgrades" with risk.

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score
from f95 forum user:
Scud74
" The author is such an ass to encrypt the text files, he could make those external to easy edit them/translate them. "

Scud

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
What's the problem we are quoting you out of respect because we share your ideals
Damn, sorry, I'm using a CSS injector to change the look of this site and I though the "Report" button below the comment was PART of the comment. (the the disable the quote borders and make the fonts the same color as main text).

Lloyd Dunamis

Lurker
Reputation score
OK seriously who do I have to pay to translate this? It was awesome in development and without tentacle clothing descriptions and "upgrade" effects it's a fraction of the game. The best part was balancing "upgrades" with risk.
A significant number (if not all) has been translated...in the translation document anyway (Google Spreadsheet) that Tozico freely linked us to.
There. I think I've translated most of the more functional-needed ones first with the help of Google Translate + DeepL with personal judgment. Here's hoping we do get them upon next build or something, and for the next build to be made soon. (no pressure for Tozica though. "My pace, my pace")
Actually, I've just re-looked up the spreadsheet to do further bit of personal QA-ing on existing translations, but it'll take me more time (and motivation) to assisted-translate the rest.
If I understand correctly, whatever translation exists in that spreadsheet will be included in the next build. So like, we're under the mercy of when Tozico does the next build to have those translations applied. I'm not sure if they'll pass the spreadsheet to another QA or something though.
Perhaps more bug reports (and fixes thereafter) could motivate them in building a new version.

Last edited: