What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server

It's probably handled differently then the other resouces in the code, though, is my point.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Upon setting out for "new world", if we want a more town like town, we should work on picking a nice starting location. Preferably somewhere with more flat space than our previous coastal area. Even had we built more around the previous town, it would have been mostly obscured by hills.

Shame we still can't set up a rail network, but we could always work on a organised canal system still.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Server is updated and running, with a new world. Just so you know, Runecraft currently doesn't work with the new updates, and because the Wiki's down, I can't spawn stuff for people right now without the data values. Other than that, the starting area seems to be in a sandy valley near some open water and I've spotted some snow off in one direction.

Oh yes, I cannot bring Nunu's Hill into this world currently. It may be possible later, but right now, no can do.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Y'all better get building a new one then, just make it bigger and more impressive.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Been a little busy on my single player build. A sky scraper with a underground base I'm calling "Stargate Command" with a portal to hell that I intend to build a colony on the other side of.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Now taking suggestions for what should be done with the starting area.

Current idea: A pit down to bedrock/lava with a glass floor over it.

Ideas? Suggestions?

I already thought about a chessboard, but since the area has odd dimensions, it wouldn't work.

Edit: Oh, and PORTALS DO NOT WORK IN MULTIPLAYER.

Last edited:

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Was that directed at me? Cause I said single player build, specifying why my MP thing wasn't done yet...

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Which part? The portal part? No, there's just been enough people asking why portals don't work or if we have one or not that I decided to make it clear.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

A chess board could still be possible. Just because the "official" start area dimensions don't fit, doesn't mean having an extra line/s out side the protected area is impossible right?

Lurker
Reputation score

Is the server down? I can't connect...

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Server's working, might have been just a momentary problem.

I'm planning on posting a list of the active members on the server on the first post here, along with their status. It would consist of the user's forum name, if they have one, their minecraft name (the name of their minecraft account), and if they're a forum member or a friend of a member. If you'd rather not have either one of your names shown, please indicate so either here or in a PM. Anyone who's brough friends in, also please PM me their minecraft names and if they're on the forum or not. At the moment there's no user ranking beyond Ops and non-Ops, but in the future, forum members and non-members in good standing will have more powers than non-members.

The list will be going up sometime friday.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I thought Bartnum's latest work was worth getting a screen shot of and sharing just in case any non players read this thread. A bit of forum pride there.

And a short health and safety notice, just in case anyone still doesn't realise the dangers of out of control camp fires... (or leaf burning)
Yes, when leaves are involved, fire will happily jump incredible gaps of 6-10 spaces. Don't be surprised when this happens. See that gap in the middle? The fire jumped that.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Also, Runecraft has been updated to work with the new version. I've yet to implement it, but I'll do so tonight.

Last edited:

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

That unmined coal in the corner bugs me and my OCD tendencies.

Also lol at my half-finished project visible in one shot :(

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Runecraft is running now. I've already got a chrono trigger set up on a floating island to show it off to Nunu... no way to get back up there at the moment though. There's some new runes as well, though I can't think of them off the top of my head. I'm far to0 sleepy.

Last edited:

Nitusad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, I'm a big fan of minecraft and have been playing for awhile now and I was hoping I could play with you guys. I looked through skimmed through some of the pages of this thread but couldn't find an IP, do you guys have to whitelist me and PM me the IP, or did I just not see it?

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Alright, the chess board has been completed. The pieces I've decided to make into a competition. Just on the other side of the chess board I've set up 21 wooden workspaces. There's a box full of cloth to use as a building material, and boxes with signs for labling your work.

The contest will be done in tiers based on the pieces. From now until the 12th, the pieces to be built are pawns. You can only enter one piece at a time, but the same person can win multiple times for different pieces.

The winner of each tier will get their design put on the chess board, all of the blocks they used to make their piece, and one full stack of a block of their choice (subject to limitations: See below). All other entrants will recieve the blocks they used for their piece (as long as it's not a 4x4x6 block of solid cloth or other attempts at getting free materials) and their name sign as consolation prizes.

Rules:
Pieces are to be 4 blocks long and 4 blocks wide and no more than 6 blocks high, except for the King and Queen pieces which can be no more than 10 blocks high. Pieces must be made of a single type of block, except for the King and Queen pieces (extra materials for those pieces will be supplied when they become open for competition). And again, only one entry per person per tier, only the first entry I come to with a person's name on it will be judged.

(List of unnacceptable blocks: )
Bedrock
Diamond
TNT
Sponge
Mob Spawner
Minecart Tracks
Diamond Ore
Lava
Fire
Portal

Last edited:

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd love to plan on that server, but I can only play on servers with the main server name-verification feature toggled off. :S Still though, sounds like a great place. :)

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Why is that? Someone else got the same name as you? Or have you just not bought a membership?

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score

In lieu of funds to purchase Minecraft I have obtained a copy via less than legitimate methods until I can afford to do so. Hence the reason.