What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server

Double post, but this is important. I've fixed the problems with connectivity. Now you can just connect the server with the following:

ulmf-minecraft.sytes.net

If it times out, wait at most 5 minutes and it'll be back up again. If not, the power's out or my internet is. Neither of those are within my control generally.

Also, while I'm here, since there's going to be a pretty signifigant update on sunday, involving a lot of new world generation stuff (like biomes), and given that our town has grown pretty cluttered making it hard for new players to find a spot to build, how many people are willing to start from scratch again once the new updates roll out?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I'm obviously nowhere near finished on my own work, obviously. And most of the stuff I've really worked on has been in single player anyway~

So I guess my vote doesn't really count, but I don't really mind one way or another.

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I'm pretty proud of my tunnels and tower\platform area but I guess it would be for the best.

Plus, I'll get to make more roads!

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I don't mind too much as all I have is that obsidian house next to the spawn. There's a secret sanctum underneath though where I kept all my valuable materials :)

Thats a pretty cool video, I like the use of the boosters though I haven't really experimented with minecarts all that much yet.
Minecarts are the most awesome part of minecraft for me. I have been playing the game a lot over the last few days, spending about 12 hours mining and then another 5 to 6 messing around with about 1000 pieces of track, lots of redstone circuitry and minecarts :)

I'm going to make a longer video soon giving a tour of my whole minecart system which is a lot more expansive.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I really hope that minecarts get fixed in Multiplayer soon. Redstone I can wait on, but minecarts are awsome.

I'd idealy like to get OAMP, Oni, Bartnum and Squid's thoughts on the world reset, as them and Darkboy have put the most work into it. Especially Nunu's hill.

Last edited:

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Eh, well, I'll go with the majority. Like I said that one time, it kinda depends on what exactly will work without restart and what won't, but I'll settle for you just sending me the save file of the old version before blanking it for starting fresh.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'd really rather not start from scratch. I've put too much time into some of my stuff.

Besides, I don't think it's that hard to find new places to build. There's tons of empty space around.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I'd say we should investigate which new features work on the current world, and which don't once the update rolls out, and make a more final decision then.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Nunu's doesn't mind, as long as people build me a bigger and better hill.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I dont mind if we start again, it means we'll get to build an even bigger and better Rapture and I don't really have anything that I'll miss even if my bridge is almost complete.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I dont mind if we start again, it means we'll get to build an even bigger and better Rapture and I don't really have anything that I'll miss even if my bridge is almost complete.
I have only this to say regarding Rapture:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol I saw that the day it was posted on VG Cats, and yeah, its far more impressive than our little glass hovel under the sea.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm so glad he did three block high hallways. That's a REAL hallway.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

tunnels =/= hallways

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I only really dicked around on Minecraft for about a month sometime around when it was first coming out, so I dunno what all the limitations are, but that Rapture, while definitely very nice, just..... there's something about it that makes me want to jump into the screen and start making it larger, more epic. It's nice, yeah, but it feels..... cramped.

Especially that Bathysphere part. That part just seems to irk me real bad.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Well, if you want to make things epic, you're more than welcome to join in the building. Now that I've made the server address public, anyone's welcome now. If griefing becomes a problem, I'll set up a whitelist.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

To be fair, Nunu's hill / palace is pretty major. It'd be a shame to see that go :(

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Well, remember, even if we start anew, we can all get the save file, right?