What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server

I like the sound of awesome stuff.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

It is done.

The mod Runecraft is now active. This alows you to create magical effects by placing blocks in certain patterns. From teleportation to freezing to time control (really just toggling day/night), a lot is now available.

You can find recipies here:
No, I don't know the three secret ones, though I think I saw a video for Faith somewhere...

Enjoy!

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Nice. I heard of Runecraft before but I never tried it out on single player.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

So, already we have a few teleporters set up, a few secret (and not so secret) doors, and our time machine. Off to a good start with the new runes.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Might want to tell people about the door at the incinerator, my first response was "what idiot put glass here!", despite knowing about the doors x.x

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'm kinda getting fed up of the lag glitches. I've lost about 40 gold to a smelting stove thing because of it suddenly disappearing (along with the coal >_>), and I lost 64 iron in my chest when I tried to move it quickly from one square to another. It just disappeared.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I've read thats not Maiko's fault. It's to do with your connection with the server where the server is trying to sync up information changes.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I haven't had that happen in a LONG time. Day 2-3, yes, but not in the past week and a half.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Best advice regarding chests eating items due to lag is simply to be careful and use steady deliberate clicks with any valuable items. Move them over more slowly, and make sure that the icon has registered before moving anything else. It doesn't need to be too long, but provided you give it enough time before the next item move it shouldn't ever delete anything. If the icon for the chest is blinking out for longer than usual at any one time, that's a sign you risk losses if placing too fast.

Same aplies when placing rare blocks. If you try to put a lot down at once and a lag spike hits at that moment, it's more likely to make a mistake.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I think you're right on the money with that Oni. That looks awsome.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Yup. Groovy stuff is in the pipe line. I'm wondering what parts of the update won't be able to transfer into existing maps though. We'll almost certainly have to start a fresh world at some point.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I actually think the other plane would transfer, seeing as it'd probably generate the first time you portaled over anyway. The lanterns and torch behavior might as well, the only thing I really have doubts about is the fish.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Notch has already stated that any existing torches will change into lanterns. Now I'm not sure whether thats just for singleplayer and not multiplayer, but I don't see why he wouldn't do that especially since he's fixing some bugs with multiplayer in this update as well.

EDIT: Also, anyone know why the Leaf Blower rune doesn't seem to be working for me? I've tried it with both logs and planks but I can't get it to enchant my axe.

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Yeah, I'd imagine the hell plane will add onto existing worlds fine. Though if there's any other new surface world resources we may need to travel a long way to find them. And the new biomes may or may not integrate smoothly with our current map. Impossible to tell for sure.

One other thought is if he's doing pumpkin hats, it's fairly likely that visible armour might be one of the bug fixes.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well for my latest construction I travelled for about an hour and a half in an undisclosed direction, so I may have to travel even further to see the new stuff.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Oh yeah, biomes are coming with this update aren't they. Yeah, that won't add in very good.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh, nevermind about the Leaf Blower trouble. I didn't realise you had to put in a keystone, it didn't say that in the rune description or show it on the layout.

EDIT: Also, I just used a redstone torch to enchant my axe with Leaf Blower and it came up with the message 'You feel a passive ability through this tool' or something along those lines. That message didn't pop up when I used a normal torch. Or at least I can't remember seeing it.

EDIT2: Nope, I just tried a normal torch this time in the rune and that message didn't pop up.

EDIT3: may be of interest to you, Maiko. Apparently it's a mod, that amongst other things fixes buckets for servers.

Last edited:
OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Minecraft News for October 17th-

Cultists who had apparently escaped from the hide out under OAMP's statue have recently begun reappearing. Lookouts on the floating garden atop Rainbow Tower have observed a large amount of movement to the north east in a small valley.

In other news, a temple has undergone construction at the Starting Area Memorial Garden around an unearthed teleporter. Currently, the teleporter appears broken, but rune crafters are working to find out where it leads. More on this story as it develops.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Is the server down or something? For some reason I keep timing out whenever I try to connect, I asked Bart and the same thing is happening with him too.