What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Meant to post this earlier;

To the asshat who stole my arrows, go fuck yourself. No seriously, take those ill-gotten arrows, flip them turnways and ram them up your shit chute. To those who don't know which house is mine it's the wooden beauty near Pie's base and the bridge. There's also a wolf in there now, so please don't fuck around with my shit again. I will not be held accountable for my actions should my stuff get fucked with again.

Also, we were all talking about what prices some items should be sold at and it got me thinking- shouldn't we all get together at some point to discuss what we'd all consider the 'recommended' price for each item to sell at? Each price wouldn't be set in (cobble)stone, you could charge how much or how little you wanted to it would just be the price that most people would be happy to buy the items at. I was thinking that we could do this tomorrow (any time after 7pm GMT would be fine for me) or Wednesday (any time between 10am-9pm would be fine for me).

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

To the asshat who stole my arrows, go fuck yourself. No seriously, take those ill-gotten arrows, flip them turnways and ram them up your shit chute. To those who don't know which house is mine it's the wooden beauty near Pie's base and the bridge. There's also a wolf in there now, so please don't fuck around with my shit again. I will not be held accountable for my actions should my stuff get fucked with again.
My arrows were stolen too. We appear to have a thief among us.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

When I can find ampworld basecamp again I'll go check my home and see if we got arrow-jacked there.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Aurani asked me about bringing the speed up on the XP gain for the combat skills (Axes, Swords, Archery, Unarmed and Taming). I do think they're fine at their default levels, but if other people want it brought up, I can do that.

The other thing Aurani brought up was the health boost from healing items not applying to bread. I think this is a bug in mcMMO and it's not something I can fix. Sorry about that. Mushroom soup is reported to work though, don't know about other healing items.

As for the economy, I always liked the idea that it would be the players that set the prices, so I'm in support of that. I really don't have an opinion either way about the actual prices.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

If we all set price controls doesn't that defeat the purpose of an economy? :p

(Says the communist :\ )

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'm fine with the way xp is gained at the moment.

Also, who is GrazeMasterKin? I think I remember him from the old maps but I can't remember who he is.

Last edited:
OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

GrazeMasterKin is the one and only Nunu.

I'm not sure if I enabled it for you guys, but it's worth a try. Try typing /nick (something) to change your name when chatting. That's how I have my name as Maikochan. If it isn't working, I can do it manually or find the Permissions node to enable, either works for me. I'll do the former if only a few people want their names changed and the later if more people do, or people want to change it regularly.

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Anyone else not able to connect to minecraft.net?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hm. I can't log into the server. I always time out.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm getting that as well.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Yah, sorry, I noticed the server was being slow yesterday, but didn't think much of it. I'm currently in the process of restarting it. I'm pretty sure it just needs a restart and it should work fine.

Sorry for the delay again.

Edit: Should be back up now.

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'm on now, despite my connections insistence on trying to keep me off.

Also, you may want to consider installing one of these Bukkit mods; chest lock plugins, though one of them may not be compatible with iConomy.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Ok, SimpleLock is running now, or should be. So now you can use a stick to lock your chests. There's a couple new mods I added that should be fun, but I'm still fiddling with them, so you likely won't see them immediately.

Also, I'm taking proposals for a large, PvE arena. The winning proposal will win... something. I'm not sure what yet.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Ok, SimpleLock is running now, or should be. So now you can use a stick to lock your chests. There's a couple new mods I added that should be fun, but I'm still fiddling with them, so you likely won't see them immediately.

Also, I'm taking proposals for a large, PvE arena. The winning proposal will win... something. I'm not sure what yet.
What is required for this arena? I just finished the minecart track on Amp's area, beyond needing more iron and gold for the track, and I still got PLENTY of cobble.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ok, SimpleLock is running now, or should be. So now you can use a stick to lock your chests.
Tried it out today, it said I don't have permission to lock containers. I'm guessing you'll have to either hand them out or activate it for everybody.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay. That project I mentioned has been scoped out in maiko's server. The closest corner is at -2000, -2000. The area taken up will be:
-2000x to -6308x, -2000z to -7367z.

Basically, 2000 blocks away from the town, in the diagonal direction between Maiko's house and the unclaimed bridge away from the town. If this intersects anyone's projects, now would be the time to inform me.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I was mulling over plans for building an arena on the previous map towards the end. I'd certainly be interested in helping out on this project. I've got a decent amount of stone at hand to donate. I figure you intend to admin spawn in some mob spawners to provide opponents?

Are we thinking a Colosseum style structure, or embedded into a mountain or such? If possible to work it into the design, I reckon incorporating a spleef arena would be good. Either grassless dirt or netherack should work reasonably well for spleef.

And Host. Your plain crazy. But I don't know of any plans that clashes with.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Personally I would think a catacomb would be a great way of doing a mob fighting area. Considering I was originally wanting to build a mob grinder anyway, that'd give the choppy people somewhere to fight without going after my mob spawnin situation ^^; Guess it all depends what Maiko wants though

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I do like the sound of the mob catacomb. So, list of features and design points for consideration?

-Standard arena (circular/rectangular?) with on/off mob spawning features, for PvE and PvP.
-Spleef functionality, either built into arena, or as a separate side arena. Could either drop defeated players into the normal arena to either simply walk out, fight mobs, or into water, lava or fire for fun hardcore spleef.
-Mob catacomb challenge dungeons. Could have multiple levels, maybe a maze like design on some and a allow races to a prize? Decent maze design and avoiding memorisation would be tricky to do though. Especially if it was underground.
-Snack shops for spectators and resting gladiators

Any other ideas?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I was actually thinking about building an arena for PvP myself, but this all sounds pretty nifty to me so I'll let you guys work your magic. If you need help constructing it feel free to give me a holler and if I'm not busy I'll give you all a hand.

On the topic of personal projects; I plan on building a new home a bit away from the town, probably behind Rules place. Once I've built that, and built a statue I've been planning on building I'll be building a massive vinyl-like structure above my home. It will be fairly large, most likely shadowing all of the land I'll be claiming for my home as well as probably a bit outside my range. This shouldn't get in the way of other peoples shit, just letting you all know in advance.