What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

On my end, it says it can't find the java directory, then terminates.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Try downloading the Mac version instead, it's just a .jar that runs via Java anyways, it helped lurker at least so it's worth a shot.
After it loads up select Tekkit from the droplist and it should download all the files.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Any word on when the server will be back up?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

It's been up for a while now.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ah... right on

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, anytime I try pulling something out of the creative inventory into my toolbar, the server disconnects me, stating an Internal Server Error. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Tekkit doesn't support Creative mode too well, Occam has to swap you to Survival.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh that. You can't use that. You need to use the thing on the side. And Burr'll probably be taking creative mode from you once he logs in because he said once Tekkit was installed only Ops will be allowed access to creative mode.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oni's correct. Also, first order of business: Tekkit is compatible with Bukkit mods, so let's get to suggestions for the server! First off, I'm asking if anyone would be open to wanting this mod on the server:

I'm also planning on trying out a bit of SDK's stuff, like guns and planes:

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Planes I'll agree with. If there's a Bukkit mode of MoCreatures I'd toss it for consideration too, but I don't think it is. SDK's guns I'm unsure of, but his utility packs are spot-on perfect, jus be careful of recipe overlaps with what ya got allready and all that. Also look to see if Bukkit has , the Venol Rapier is perfect for dealing with Endermen

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll vouch for Smart Movement. I use it all the time and it's pretty dang useful!

I've never used SDK's stuff myself but I wouldn't object to having them.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'd like to suggest , , , , and .

Last edited:

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, server's gonna be down while I install the mods. May take some time to get it up and running, and I'll be backing up the map in case the world goes all kerflooey.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Speaking of Minecraft, here's my concepts for a inward-outward railway system from specific points (in other words, a two-way station for players to go to and from home to a mainline, safely and automaticly.)

This is what I'm picturing as the main station 'platform' per person. At the end of the single rail is a cart dispenser and a Sensor Block (The one in the picture is a 'any' block, but I can probably reset it to where it only registers empty carts coming in, to make it less messy.) From there, there's the Dismounting Rail (which kicks people out of the cart) and then a Holding Rail (Holds carts still, while keeping the direction they were traveling. This is mainly for outgoing traffic.)

A closer look at the cart dispenser/cart sensor. The basic ghist is that the cart sensor will see the empty cart coming in, thus activating the cart dispenser next to it and sucking it up as it hits the end of the rail. When the button on the cart dispenser is pressed, a cart is popped out, hits the boost rail underneath the dispenser, and slides to the Holding Rail.

A closer look at the trestle I was using, but from that point it's your typical 30 Standard Rail, 1 Booster Rail design. The mainline will be using High Speed Rail between stops, for extra speed, but the concepts and design are more or less the same between the two. Using Boarding Rails/Holding Rails before the turnins to these stops (as well as stations) will ensure people can make sure they're going the right way on the lines, as well as give them some control over where they're going. Also, TURTLES!

An alternate plan for this design would be to forgo the cart loading part and just use a Boarding Rail as the endpoint, as it's able to direct it's velocity at a certain direction and thus will both hold the cart and allow people to send it back on the line when they're ready. That and I seem to be having a problem where cart loaders, if triggered again with another cart inside, will spit out the cart inside, which can lead to congestion at the single stations...

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Server is back up, ladies and gents. Simplechestlock, Runecraft, and Portcullis are working now, Smart Movement decided to derp the fuck out, and I couldn't find bukkit files for Flan's mods.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Server is back up, ladies and gents. Simplechestlock, Runecraft, and Portcullis are working now, Smart Movement decided to derp the fuck out, and I couldn't find bukkit files for Flan's mods.
Did ya forget player API perhaps? It's a requirement for Smart Move, after all

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I did in fact install API. Smart Move just refuses to work properly.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I did in fact install API. Smart Move just refuses to work properly.
Did you make sure to set your keys? Considering the amount of keybinds in the mods allready it wouldn't surprise me if there was some conflictions.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The problem is, the sprint Stamina and such isn't even working, which is a key feature.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

So I've finally managed to work out how to use the Farm machines from the Forestry mod and I've got myself a fully automated wheat farm going. Complete with engines that have are constantly being refueled, though they are slightly buggy at the moment until I find a way to regulate the speed the Redstone Engine's go at. If anyone want's to have a gander at it the farm is next to my farm house.

And if anyone wants to make it you have to put down the farm machine, load it up with dirt blocks and seeds and then power it up with an engine as it does everything else itself. If you want it to automatically harvest your wheat you'll need to put down a combine, connect both machines together using pipes. The pipes need to go through the top of both machines for the seeds to transfer from the Combine to the Farm. Then you need to power up the Combine with an engine. For the engine Steam or higher is required. Optionally you can connect a chest with a pipe (no engine required) to transfer the wheat to the chest.