What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

I am against Tekkit. Couldn't use Occams server because of it.

Against. Minecraft Vanilla is fine, or simple server side mods that make life a bit easier like mass mining/woodcutting/sheep sheering or turning off ender men.

Tell me when the servers back up, and I'll get right on tunneling out the Underground Rail. I charge 9 gold ingots per 100m. This means I carve out a 5x5 wide tunnel complete with 4 tracks, powered rails, lights and protection from mobs.

Even though I never managed to get the hang of any of the mods beside IC2 and just barely got a small grasp around BuildCraft, I'm up for Tekkit. There's plenty of mods in it which makes Minecrafting more pleasant and rewarding as you progress even if it requires some additional planning and thinking. However, won't this mean we'd have to generate yet another new world to get all the new materials in the ground?

Then again, I can't stand mining for all the new ores (which evade me like sly foxes) that I really really need to get anywhere at all with IC2 (delicious reactors), and Rei's Minimap + OptiFine are client-side mods anyways.

I heard that Bukkit is also compatible with Tekkit, so this means we can keep our old Bukkit mods as well as our mcMMO stats right?

I'm not against Tekkit, but I'm curious as of what I'd do to fit in.

Against. Minecraft Vanilla is fine, or simple server side mods that make life a bit easier like mass mining/woodcutting/sheep sheering or turning off ender men.

Tell me when the servers back up, and I'll get right on tunneling out the Underground Rail. I charge 9 gold ingots per 100m. This means I carve out a 5x5 wide tunnel complete with 4 tracks, powered rails, lights and protection from mobs.

Ohey, mind if I help in dat venture? :p

So guys, is this still up? I am bored out of my mind playing by myself.

Still waiting to hear on my new place, so no server from me yet. Occam might bring his back up for a bit, but that'd be up to him.

As far as Tekkit goes, 4 against, 3 for, 2 for some of them. Safe to say Tekkit is out? Bukkit is still easy to use, and as Aurani mentioned, the mcMMO stats have been backed up, so they can be kept, as have all the other recorded values like iConomy money and so on.

So then, my next question would be: are there any Bukket mods people want or do not want?

Edit: Incidentally, for those of you using Tekkit/Tehnic or otherwise have access to the Industrial Craft mod, here's a way to keep mobs away from your stuff: Electric Fences. Simply run an uninsulated cable between two energy storage units so that one charges the other, apply some initial power (and probably top it up every now and then as the power might get lost through resistance), and you now have a harmful force field. Put some signs up or other ways to remind yourself that it's live so you don't kill yourself with it, and you should be good. Also makes for a great mobgrinder around spawners.

Last edited:

Best of luck. I will be waiting/lurking somewhere nearby.

The only mod that I really am interested in is the timber mod. Guess I am just not much of a mod person. I even prefer vanilla bethesda games. I ususally do a vanilla play through before messing around with mods.

Last I checked, Timber could screw with mcMMO not giving the correct amount of experience for woodcutting (as you're only cutting one block), though they might have fixed that. If they have, Timber's going in unless people have objections. I've come to enjoy it as well. If it doesn't work with mcMMO very well... it just so happens to be permissions enabled, so if people don't want to oneshot trees and get all the juicy experience the hard way, they can do that while other people can run around deforesting with a stone axe no problem. Might be some balance problems there, so if we do that, I'll do something to give the slow cutters a boost.

Last I checked, Timber could screw with mcMMO not giving the correct amount of experience for woodcutting (as you're only cutting one block), though they might have fixed that. If they have, Timber's going in unless people have objections. I've come to enjoy it as well. If it doesn't work with mcMMO very well... it just so happens to be permissions enabled, so if people don't want to oneshot trees and get all the juicy experience the hard way, they can do that while other people can run around deforesting with a stone axe no problem. Might be some balance problems there, so if we do that, I'll do something to give the slow cutters a boost.

It's difficult to clear an entire tree without the timber mod though, especially if you happen to spawn in the forest biosphere with those monster trees. Plus if people are relying on chopping trees down for experience, they are not playing minecraft correctly. It's called minecraft not chopcraft for a reason.

the mcMMO stats have been backed up, so they can be kept, as have all the other recorded values like iConomy money and so on.

Woah, seriously? Wow, wasn't expecting that, not that I mind.

If we can suggest mods, would it be possible to get only the Microblocks part of Tekkit running? I need stupid-thin walls and block combinations in order to really have my project looking as it should, though I can make do with the standard Minecraft fare.

The sub blocks are part of Redpower. To have this in without Tekkit requires client modding, which I really don't want to do. If you can manage without them, I think that might be the way to go, unfortunately.

Eh, I'll make do then. I may just request a copy of the world once all the nessesary mining and normal-block-placing for my project is done.

My thoughts on the server is that I'd recommend restarting everything over from scratch. Map, McMMO stats, everything. Reason being is that I'd imagine some new people will end up joining and we'd have quite an unfair advantage over them in stats, money and items. With a full restart we'd all be in a level playing field. Sure, some of us would suffer more than others, I know Host and Au's stats are insanely high, though my woodcutting is pretty high as well if I'm remembering correctly. I also like the idea of us creating a main hub, like the 'town' we had before.

For mods, I wouldn't mind what we had before. The locked chest mod, no exploding creepers, sign shops (I think I tried using the one we had before on a server I had running, though for some reason I couldn't get it to hook into the economy mod I was using. Vault I think it was called), portcullis', street lamps etc... Tekkit would've been nice to have but it's not essential. I mostly used it for the automated farming and the rubber tree logs to make tiled flooring.

A suggestion if we do use shops though; I noticed with the sign shops mod I was trying to get to work they had a global shop feature where OPs can use to allow their players to buy items without the need of restocking the chests. I believe only one of the item (or a single stack if you're selling stacks) needs to be in the chest, so what could be done for those that don't do much spelunking is that global shops could be set up for the more rare items and have their prices marked up quite a bit.

I do like the idea of a central town hub. Maybe a bit of planning could be done so that it isn't a mish-mash of buildings but a well thought out plaza with places for people to have their own house/workshop around it? Then a subway beneath it all.

I tried organising people to create a well structured town. Didn't end up happening. And really, thinking on it I preferred the patchwork town we had before, added character to the place. And I believe Lurker's the go-to guy for subway work.

The Plaza can be our mega-project.

I generally don't get involved with mega projects, I work on my own stuff. And the town would be somewhere where shops and whatnot would be, so it would be up to everyone how they'd want their house and shop to look. I've already got my house idea, just need to make a creative map to see how big it'll be. Though storage will be done in a multifloor basement. Those that used to frequent the old maps we had (the one with the pier with all the shops) will know what I'm talking about with the town idea.

Does adventure mode work on multiplayer server? I have to confess that I never played minecraft seriously. I am a donator on my fav server, so I can pretty much spam any blocks I want.

Well powers don't cross over from server to server, so you wouldn't be able to spawn any blocks you want on this server. And I'm not sure what you mean by adventure mode. Survival mode is the only mode, unless that's what you meant. Well, there's creative mode as well, but an Op has to give people that.

Just going to say that, as of right now, I won't be taking donations for the server, and there won't be any other Ops but me. Now, both of those could change, but for now, that's how it is.

As for the special sign shops that don't need restocking, I like that idea and I'll use it. Now, I know people like having a sort of market economy, with everyone able to set their prices and letting demand drive the costs, but what would good prices be for the special shops? And what sort of things should they carry?

Also, I was planning on having the other worlds be visitable, probably just for nostalgia's sake, but I have no problems starting a new world. I think the jungle biomes were added after it went down, so they'd be more likely to be seen in a new world.

Back