What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

I've got a reasonable supply of coal available at the moment, which I suppose I could trade for the diamonds. I had planned to put it through my automated industrial diamond machine anyway, so I guess I can hold onto it to trade instead. I'll have to get back online sometime to meet up with you. I've been less motivated to log on since SH4K decided his laptop couldn't run Minecraft smoothly enough to be enjoyable, and I lost my project partner.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ahhh... now I just wish I could get my hands on a Minecraft game that can access group servers.

(I honestly believe it's not a game that I should bother spending 20 bucks on though.)

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Maiko, if you don't have enough of a net connection to run the server, but do have enough of one to upload it to some fileshare site, perhaps someone else with a server (coughOnicough) could run it in the interim?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I have Borderlands 2. I have no time to run a server of my own. Besides, it would only be up while I'm on my PC.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Okay, had a rather serious problem today. I'll spare the details, but the end result is that I'm in the market for a new computer. Server machine's fine, it's what I'm on right now, but, well, it's just not what I need.

Because of this, I kind of can't run the server for the forseeable future.

I'll upload the worlds though, in case people want them for whatever reason.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ahhh... now I just wish I could get my hands on a Minecraft game that can access group servers.

(I honestly believe it's not a game that I should bother spending 20 bucks on though.)
Read this, and figured I should tell you of my friend. He plays on Lord of the Craft (a public RP server, application process, Custom mods, VIP priveldges, the whole nine yards), and they accept donations to run the server, grant those VIP things, etc. The most costly priveledge just went from $300 to $500 (lifetime total, not just lump sums), and buddy is already working out his budgeting to make up the difference.

Not saying you should or shouldn't spend the twenty on minecraft, just thought I'd share a story.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aww... I was just hoping to maybe start playing on the server every now and then... v.v

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll have a try of setting it up, no promises though. Of course, it wouldn't be dedicated, and it wouldn't always be up, and I'd need the data from Maiko first - not to mention the specific server software necessary for all our plugins, the plugins themselves... any help you can give in that area, Maiko, would be appreciated.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I'm currently uploading the world files now, will take a bit though, they're pretty big.

I used BukkitGUI just for the simplicity, and it worked fine. Other than that, there's no other special software I used just for using the server. I did use no-ip to provide the plain-text address. It's a free service if you want to use it, but you could just as easily let people directly connect to your IP address. I'd suggest giving this out in PMs to trusted people only though.

The Bukkit plugins used are:
AntiCreeper3
AntiMelt (for Aurani's ice castles)
Essentials
EssentialsChat
EssentialsSpawn
iConomy
mcMMO
Multiverse-Core-2.4
Multiverse-Inventories-2.4 (This is used to have the separate inventories in separate worlds. Feel free to not use if you'd like.)
Multiverse-NetherPortals-2.4
Multiverse-Portals-2.4
PermissionsBukkit-1.6
PorteCoulissante (Portcullis)
Runecraft2.12 (There might be an update for this)
SecureChests (Don't think this works with the added chests... but might, I forget honestly)
SignShop
Streetlights_1_1_2
Vault (required for several other plugins, but does nothing on its own. I think iConomy uses it.)

I'll upload the config files for the plugins as well. Heck, I could even upload the plugin jars to make it easier.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh, Host is going to run it? I was thinking in work today that I'd give a fresh tekkit server a go on the weekend, see how that runs. EE would've been in it minus condensers, tiers 2 and 3 of the collectors and relays, and probably the higher tiered gear like the combination tools and possibly Archangels Smite.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Not that I really play much Minecraft these days, but I still keep my computer on almost 24/7 to host various servers for my friends, if I feel like it I could 'probably' host the server for now.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Okay, world files:

(World with TENTACLE. Not sure if it will load up properly or not.)

(Market Town world)

(Mountain Town world)

(Nether for one of the three above worlds... not sure which.)

(Tekkit world)

(Tekkit Nether)

(Bukkit plugins and the configuration files used on the server)

It doesn't really matter to me who runs the server, so I'll let you all decide.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll leave the server to Au at the moment, if he doesn't mind, seeing as he's already run some and has a PC that will be on considerably more often than mine would be.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Okay, so I thought I had the server going, then I noticed it's not even loading the right world, I'll tamper with this more later.

Edit: So I somehow got the TENTACLE world to load up, all of the portals inside are working except for the return portal from the new_world, it sends you into a river somewhat north east of it instead. Further it seems the split inventories doesn't want to remember items as I'm pretty sure I was carrying a full armor in the Tekkit world and yet end up empty spare the free stone tools.
It's still ignoring the existing nether worlds and making new ones for the new_world though.

Last edited:
OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

You can use a multiverse command (mvnether link I think) to link a world to a nether (or a the end for that matter).

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Does it work the same way with ends? ...Actually, do we have the TENTACLE end? Because that one's got a decent bit of my infrastructure in it.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Ah, didn't know any of the Ends had gotten built in. I've got the Ends for both worlds. I'll upload them shortly.

(The End for tekkit world)

(The End for TENTACLE world)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Alright, I've set up a new tekkit server for now. IP is 109.150.13.250, all mobs are on so if you don't want creepers blowing up your shit your better keep it in a well lit area, and some EE items have been turned off. They are;

Condenser
Archangel's Smite
Hyperkinetic Lens
Catalytic Lens
Nova Cataclysm

More may be turned off at a later date, all depends if they prove to be too OP. If items are turned off you will be refunded the items lost through creation. Also, the server will probably be only on when my PC is on. Though fortunately I am off work all next week so the server should be up from the time I get up until I go to bed. There shouldn't be anything specific you need to do to access the server, but just in case, go into the options setting on the technic launcher and in the drop down menu select the most recent build.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Mod suggestion for server.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh god, that mod. Saw it a while back. I'm afraid to say that mod won't be coming on the server. Doubt I will be putting any on the server unless they're easy to install.