What's new

What would you add to any video game?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
This is just something compleately random I thought up, more of a timewaster, but the basic permise is this: If you could add anything to a video/board/card game, what would you add?

---

In my case, I got two basic ideas for game additions, one for Left 4 Dead (Which I will type out later if this gets more post), and one, surprisenly, for Final Fantasy X-2.

Now, I haven't got too far in it, and I agree it seems to be geared for females/collage guys with no pron, but it's still a good game. Still, I'd like a bit more classes available in it, if I could manage to add them. My suggestions would be:

Basic classes-

Spellblade- Basicly a Red Mage. Spellblades would have access to second-tier black and white magic, allowing them to fulfill both healer and attack mage roles.

Dues Ex Machina- A powerhouse class. The characters would game a sorta techsuit that would boost thier strength dramaticly. May have some non-elemental spells and effects like the berserker.

Rockout- Sound-based attacker, who's equipment includes a rocker-style uniform and bladed electric guitaur. Abilities include Soundwave, which delays the enemies, and sound-based status ailments like Silence and Haste.

Lancer- A Dragoon replacement. Elemental Breath attacks, Lancet for a draining attack, and Dragon Lance, which does 3 times the damage to Dragons and Reptiles. And of course, Jump.

Amazon- Mixture of Archer and Hunter. Contains Capture, used for sending critters to the Monster Arena/Monster Pens for Morpher use, as well as some anti-monster abilities, though not as effective against humanoid enemies like the Leblanc Syndicate.

Morpher- A class connected with the Amazon class. Using the monster's skills gathered by capturing enemies with the Amazon's Capture skill, the Morpher takes a similar appearence to the creature they are mimicing. For example, if one was copying the Flan family of monsters, they would look like a googirl >:3

Specialty Classes-

Techtime- Similar to Tamer and Mascot, each character would have a seperate set of abilities. Paine would focus on creating traps, Rikku would focus on placing turrets on the field, and Yuna would be able to set up support equipment. The items set up last until the end of the battle, but attack and act automaticly.

Solo Classes-

High Summoner- Replicates Yuna's role in FFX, Yuna is able to summon Aeons to replace the party for the battle. Was sorta bummed that Square forgot THIS detail when making it the first time :p

Tech Priest- Of course, making a solo class for Yuna meant I needed a equivilent for Rikku and Paine. Rikku's variation, the Techpriest, mixes some of the skills of the Techtime and Duex Ex Machina, the Tech Priest is a support class that can set up items to boost the teams stats. Machine based attacks, like Chaingun and elemental Rockets, plus the passive team boosts, make this a good choice for heavier bosses.

Blood Angel- With dark attacks and the Avoid and Counter secondary skill, the Blood Angel is a powerful melee and magic mix, perfect for dark, brooding Paine. Set as a mix of her final dressphere, Full Throttle, and the Dark Knight, it uses powerful dark magic and devestating melee actions.

---

Well, that's one of my add-ins. What's your ideas for your favorite games?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: What would you add to any video game?

Spellblade- why not just have red mages? i love those guys!

Dues Ex Machina- alright idea, i can see how it works in, but your name is silly.

Rockout- so its basicaly crossing a white mages status with a dark knight? while the previous name was silly, i can see this one being in there even though its worse

Lancer- i like your new take on dragoon... but why not have it called dragoon?

Amazon- yeah maybe, its going in an interesting direction...

Morpher- as i say an interesting direction, its almost merging the blue mage in... or gau... games need interesting things like these

Specialty Classes-

Techtime- i like your thoughts here, especially how the world is coming to grips with using machina now. not sure how well it would be implemented in the games format but it could work.

Solo Classes-

High Summoner- to true, not original but it god damn well should have been in there!

Tech Priest- Space marines, attack!

Blood Angel- Space marines, attack!

OP
lurker

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Spellblade- why not just have red mages? i love those guys!

Dues Ex Machina- alright idea, i can see how it works in, but your name is silly.

Rockout- so its basicaly crossing a white mages status with a dark knight? while the previous name was silly, i can see this one being in there even though its worse

Lancer- i like your new take on dragoon... but why not have it called dragoon?

Amazon- yeah maybe, its going in an interesting direction...

Morpher- as i say an interesting direction, its almost merging the blue mage in... or gau... games need interesting things like these

Specialty Classes-

Techtime- i like your thoughts here, especially how the world is coming to grips with using machina now. not sure how well it would be implemented in the games format but it could work.

Solo Classes-

High Summoner- to true, not original but it god damn well should have been in there!

Tech Priest- Space marines, attack!

Blood Angel- Space marines, attack!
Well, I think you missed a few things:

Part of what I wanted to do, was make it sound original, but include some of the older ideas. They have the blue mage in there allready (the Gun Mage's Blue Bullet spells) but you missed a few there-

Spell Blade- Yes, it's a Red Mage, but still, Spellblade seemed a little cooler *shrugs*

Rockout- Actually, not mixing anything I know of. If anything, it'd be mixing a status class with Vaelfor's Sonic Wing. After all, the character looks like a rockstar and uses abilities based off sound and music.

Morpher- That was based off the Morpher from Tactics Advanced. Thus the connection with the Capture skill.

Techtime- Could be better implemented with something like the Gun Gauntlet minigame or something, just seemed like an interesting idea at the time. Or make it so you can select where on the field to place the objects.

Tech Priest- Yeah, ok, I'll give ya that one

Blood Angel- Also translatable to Fallen Angel, Dark Angel, etc. Basic appearence would better fit those two names :p

As I said, was looking at what dressperes were laxing, and tried to fill the gaps

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd add more customization options and weapons to the ships in Sword of the Stars. Watching a stream of cutting lasers cut through a bunch of cruisers and destroyers is only fun so many times.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I'd like some horror in my Resident Evil 5, Capcom.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

More stuff to do with the New World in Avalon Code than: "Zomg, I swap stuff for teh funnies as a bonus after the ending." Seriously... So much potential wasted there...

More stuff to do with Grim Angels and the Gods in Riviera, once again awesome concept wasted on a poor attempt at a dating sim game.

More planets in Rouge Galaxy. It's a fawking galaxy, not a solar system...

The list goes on.

(Agreed about the dresspheres for FFX-2 though.)

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Better voice acting in my Koei games, dammit! Or at least keep the same ones so the characters sound sexy/not as annoying all the time. I could make a list, but I have to get up early in the morning, heh.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Deus Ex Machina button would be nice addition to many games, especially RPGs and FPSs. Of course, it wouldn't be only positive, but if you're in a desperate situation and the last save is long time away(especially relevant in games where you can't save anywhere you like) it would be a cool thing to have. Possible consequences could include earthquake, meteor, or pieces of one, falling from the sky, lightning bolt, a new volcano suddenly appearing, dimensional portal etc. Obviously it's use should be limited and it might kill the player, too, but lets be honest: how many games offer you a chance to fight an enemy with earthquake going on in the background?

It would probably be a nightmare to implement, though.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well... I'd like a few more sexy outfits in Oblivion.

That's all I got for now.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well obviously fix TOEE so that it was the game it should have been, not the rushed POS it was. If they had just taken the time to fix the bugs the game would have been twice as good, though CO8 has helped out a lot there.

Also on Jagged Alliance 2 give more characters from certain countries for some reason they have too many mercenaries from certain countries, but very few from others. I mean really 4 british mercenaries, 4 Russian, 5 Americans. Yet only 1 Canadian, 1 Australian, and not even 1 Hispanic. I mean granted they're all stereotyped characters, but you can come up with more than a Quebecer for Canada. Though it is kind of funny that he sounds like my cousin.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

If I can add stuff to any video game it'd be 18+ stuff, because we all know there isn't enough online.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I got one this time.

Company of Heroes: Put some fucking room clearing into that game.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, I got one. I would add some more blood to Overlord. For a game so thoroughly evil there is not enough blood and gore. It's the one thing that bothers me.

I want to decapitate Halflings :(

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, I got one. I would add some more blood to Overlord. For a game so thoroughly evil there is not enough blood and gore. It's the one thing that bothers me.

I want to decapitate Halflings :(
This. Also, some minion AI would be nice. My minions have a habit of getting killed for the most bullshit reasons. I tell them to come, and they decide they'll swim across the river rather than take the bridge. And I rage, and summon more minions.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Tentacle sex.
To Every game.
Including Cho Aniki.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Maybe not tentacle sex, but definitely nudity.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Actual gameplay, added to any MMORPG. The online equivalent of operating a machine in a factory is not gameplay.

A jog button, or something similar to FarCry2. I get fed up of going between sprinting, getting the blurry out of breath effect, walking a few seconds, sprinting a few seconds again, walk-sprint-walk-sprint, etc. A "travelling" speed, would be good. On PC any unused key would be used, on XBox you would simply push the thumb stick half way. Easy as piss.

Some more English translations for my Touhou. I'd really like to know what the hell they're saying without a printout set aside the computer. The 10 or so words I can read don't help much.