What's new

Why did you choose your screenname?

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Why did you choose your name on these forums?

Where did it come from?

Mine is a long story involving me having to think of a name on the spot when I wanted to hide from some people that started to google xatm092 (my usual username) and I didn't want them finding the proboards site.

Aika herself is a giant boomerang wielding girl from Skies of Arcadia Legends, and if you haven't played it then why are you reading this, go play it. It has pirates. That have flying pirate ships. Yes, you heard me. Now go play it. After explaining where your name came from.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Why did you choose your screenname?

I've had this name since forever. It's "obelisk" with an "os".

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Meh. It comes from my weird sense of humor. And my love of Burritos.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Mine is a character from my Mind's Eye Theater days (LARP Vampire, for those unfamiliar.) She was (and still is) one of my favorite characters to play and something of an alter-ego, so she kind of follows me around whenever I need a name not my own. Her full name is Copper Payne, which was actually taken from a street in my town, not because it sounds like "pain."

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

While browsing the internet, I met this old man with a duck for hat. He told me "Doth seeketh a name for thou for thy forum adventure? I prithy thee to hither and granteth you an audience with his majesty, King Ritchard Namensmahen." and led me to this other guy on a chesterfield wearing a really nice cape, and a noodle strainer with pine cones glued on.
"Dost this boy wants a name?" the guy I didn't believe was really a king said. "Thou shall not gain a name worthy of thy prowess for thou has come too late. Others with more haste have come and taken all the good names. Thou shall instead by called anonymous. Thou shalt be leg-"
"Fuck that!" I interrupted, kicking the idiot in the face and taking his strainer/crown. I got away and laughed. Looking inside the strainer, I found a couple of names on some pieces paper. They all sucked.
So I went home and flipped open a dictionary and picked a random word and put "the" in front of it.

the_taken

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Mine was just thought up really quick when I registered here, and it's stuck with me. Since I use it for everything now. It's a mix of what most people call me ronny and my nickname from when I was learning Korean in the army. the Korean name they gave me translated as demon monkey king.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

It's a 'clever' literary reference. I didn't want my usual username on this forum.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

As if Sun Wukong wasn't bad enough...now there's a *demon* monkey king running around...

Funny, I always thought DM, as in RP for you. Could be because, well, you were doing so at the time.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Mine comes from the fact that I was born in Gainesville, FL where the University of Florida is. Their mascot is the Gator

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I still can't remember, but the word Darkfire came from a video game I played the hell out of. I still kick myself to this day for not remembering the name, but Darkfire ended up sticking with me.

The 1004 is my birthday. 10-04. Also, I feel like a trucker with it.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I could make so many comments about sports teams and being "bait" but I'm going to refrain and leave it up to everyone's imagination.

(Wow, I'm in peanut gallery mode today...)

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I made up the name 'Bartnum' several years ago for something I can't remember. It just stuck with me.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Indeed you are, I guess roleplaying would have made sense on mine as well. So says ma won seh. At least i didn't go with my other nickname from there of yakuza.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I made up the name 'Batnum' several years ago for something I can't remember. It just stuck with me.
Fix'd.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

NOT THAT SHIT AGAIN.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I could make so many comments about sports teams and being "bait" but I'm going to refrain and leave it up to everyone's imagination.

(Wow, I'm in peanut gallery mode today...)
It's actually a chant. I never understood it though... lol

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Gee, I wonder how Momiji got his screen name? Or should I say Naruto? *Cackle*

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I was reading a WoW fanfiction one day and i liked this character. I stole this name.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

None of your business. Now get out of my face.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My username comes from various things. Sinful - in part my nature, in part my mother's maiden name (before someone makes the joke (as others have when I explained my username on another site) no my mother's maiden name was not Sinful). Wolf - My fascination with wolves. Their howling is much like music to me and I've often listened to them from the window in my bedroom. Their mythology in various civilizations is exciting (Norse Valkyries rode wolves, not horses and helped select those who would go to Valhalla. Native North Americans believed wolves protected the dead). They are a loyal animal, a misunderstood creature, family oriented. There is another reason I chose wolf that I won't put here.