What's new

RPG Maker Shota [62studio] LustGrimm Again (RJ323130)

noluck

Reputation score
I counted on a gallery I found online since I didn't finish the game. There's 90 scenes.
It's 14/90.
Think of it like 14/45 since by default half of the scenes are paizuri. Yes there are 90 scenes, but all enemies have paizuri which cuts into about half of the scenes give or take. This leaves the other half for other stuff.

overlord999

Reputation score
alright, i found out an issues regarding H-scenes of new succubus (escluding Succubus, Lamia, Alraune, Alp, Nekomata and Cow girl). whwnever H-scenes and hold triggers an error pops up saying: "failed to load img" and then i am stuck at the end of the battle on now loading screen... any suggestion on how to fix this issues? i am currently on ver 1.25 and all other things works just fine

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Think of it like 14/45 since by default half of the scenes are paizuri. Yes there are 90 scenes, but all enemies have paizuri which cuts into about half of the scenes give or take. This leaves the other half for other stuff.
By default is not a correct mindset in my opinion.
That was a choice.

Kenkou Cross made the choice. 1 intercourse, 1 foreplay per monster.
By splitting it this way the intercourse can either be maledominant or female dominant, but the foreplay is gonna be female dominant so it's still got the feel of a femdom game.

Succubus Affection made the choice. 1 male dominant scene, 1 female dominant scene per monster.
The male dominant scene is usually the intercourse one, and unless a monster has 2 intercourse scenes the second scene will most likely be foreplay. This is why Succubus Affection has so much sex in comparison to its contemporaries.

62studio made the choice. 1 paizuri, 1 other per monster.
Since everything else is under other, if the artist wants to draw something simple like a blowjob, that bj enemy can no longer have sex like the dark elf. This is what led to the ratio being so low.

They just didn't value that kind of content, and the art is generally amazing in this series. It takes a while to draw these scenes after all. Two scenes per monster is already pretty luxurious.

Mick2000

Reputation score
to be fair, it's kinda on each of those game context, in Succubus Affection you're tasked to "befriend" all the monster girls by the mean of having sex with them. but in LustGrimm here all the succubus want your meat and try to subdue you by all mean, of course i would say those "mean" involve "anything" those girls can do besides direct intercourse.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Succubus Affection you're tasked to "befriend" all the monster girls by the mean of having sex with them.
I think, you're trying to find reasoning where the developer gave none.

Not all friendship scenes are the male assertive one. Sometimes it's in reverse. Big titty golemn for instance has a cowgirl scene where the male assertive scene usually is, and has the guy humping the girl's boobs where the female assertive one usually is.

It's the dev that's ultimately making that decision since he's making the plot and everything surrounding it. There's no meaning behind looking at that kind of logic when it's all the devs whim at the end of the day.

LustGrimm here all the succubus want your meat and try to subdue you by all mean, of course i would say those "mean" involve "anything" those girls can do besides direct intercourse.
This doesn't explain why they all must have a paizuri scene outside of it's just the devs tastes.
Which is fine btw! I wouldn't want to hamper a developer's creative spirit by any means!
____
I just don't think it makes sense to try to bring a logical defense to something that's completely at the whims of the developers themselves.
At that point, the discussion takes a step back where you can talk about them, their tastes, and general goals.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Has anyone figured out how to beat the 2nd to last bonus boss? It's the dark haired succubus with a black sweater. She's super tanky and I can't see to do any real damage to her.

Ace04

Reputation score
Has anyone figured out how to beat the 2nd to last bonus boss? It's the dark haired succubus with a black sweater. She's super tanky and I can't see to do any real damage to her.
Simple, just survive. She can't be defeated, so your best bet is to do is just tank her hits.

I'm not sure if you also have to attack her to get her to eventually stop but that's how I managed it

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
i pretty sure you dont need to attack unless it counts how many attacks you did and not damage befor the fight ends because i tried to used a save editor to give myself max stats and lvl and even then the damage i could do did not really effect her HP bar that much

Mick2000

Reputation score
Objective: Survive
that's literally it, it might take while but then she will forfeit saying it's bothersome and demand to be sent home. when i read her data with Observe skill it didn't state her HP and i barely scratch her but it also say i must not lose here so i kinda deduce it's surviving battle
I think, you're trying to find reasoning where the developer gave none.

Not all friendship scenes are the male assertive one. Sometimes it's in reverse. Big titty golemn for instance has a cowgirl scene where the male assertive scene usually is, and has the guy humping the girl's boobs where the female assertive one usually is.

It's the dev that's ultimately making that decision since he's making the plot and everything surrounding it. There's no meaning behind looking at that kind of logic when it's all the devs whim at the end of the day.

This doesn't explain why they all must have a paizuri scene outside of it's just the devs tastes.
Which is fine btw! I wouldn't want to hamper a developer's creative spirit by any means!
____
I just don't think it makes sense to try to bring a logical defense to something that's completely at the whims of the developers themselves.
At that point, the discussion takes a step back where you can talk about them, their tastes, and general goals.
i think i missed my point here but then again i personally don't complain of having half of the content to be mandatory Paizuri since it's kinda my cup of tea.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Thanks for the help everyone! I'll try that fight again.

I want to like this game but... man...

This game is like... 85% foreplay. I was bored so I counted.
14 intercourse out of 90 scenes in total.

I mean... I should've expected something similar considering the original LustGrimm was like 70% foreplay, but it's way higher in this game, and they added more enemies and CG.

The very little intercourse that's in this game will just flash by your screen too as they're just one off skills. Not like the enemies will get to use them though. The protagonist absolutely decimates any and all enemies that appear on screen if you're even half decent at the game. Because the game uses the same randomly spawning item system as their Carrol game, you'll be inundated with Calming Nuts even pretty early on, and herbs so you're never at risk of losing. Enemy grabs give you a lot of time to get out of them too.

I feel like the main form of eroticism here is just the standing pictures of the enemies.

There's no emotional attachment to any of the sexual stuff that's happening which they did at least decent on in the Wonderland games.
__
Not to be all negative though.
The production values are really great, and the focus on mature well-proportioned girls is absolutely to my tastes.

I got about 5 hours in before I realized this game just isn't very sexually arousing and stopped.

Playing the original LustGrimm and I noticed it's surprisingly just as unsexy. Guess my tastes in gameplay have changed.
__
But man...
There are only 14 sex scenes in this entire game out of 90 scenes. Well by my count. Maybe I missed one and it's actually 15?
I'll throw my hand in this and say I'll mostly disagree with you on this one. As someone who's played all of 62Studio games to death (and maybe you did too, I'm just adding context), I think in terms of H-Scenes and Artstyle, this is one of their best work. Their target audience has always been people with breast fetishes, hence why the amount of Paizuri and Breastfeeding stills vastly outweigh intercourse. It's all about dominating the protagonist with breasts. This is partly why Breast Addiction is an affliction in these games. This isn't to say you're wrong for not liking it, but it may just not be your cup of tea. But this has been the case with 62Studio games for awhile.

As for the game balance, that I won't disagree with you on, but truth be told, every game by 62Studio is poorly balanced. Succubus Puttel V1.0 was probably the worst example as the game was nearly unplayable due to how tanky the enemies were, and how little experience you got. The combat, while entertaining, has never really been "good" imo.

All that said, I hope you can revisit and find a way to enjoy the game. If not, that's cool too.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
But this has been the case with 62Studio games for awhile.
Their earlier games, which are the ones I enjoyed, when I was still finding my way through the metric ass ton of crap were not like this (by crap I mean , I thought all adult games were maledom rapefests. If it wasn't for Aesthetic showing me there was more than MGQ I wouldn't be here) .
In fact, in this remake they remade some enemies and took away their sex scene.

Alp, the second boss had sex in the original LustGrimm.

And I've only ever stated it as an opinion. I'm not saying my opinion is fact, or the reality of the situation.
I'm just extremely disappointed that only 15% of the entire game actually involves sex personally, and I think the combat's not that engaging.
Their target audience has always been people with breast fetishes, hence why the amount of Paizuri and Breastfeeding stills vastly outweigh intercourse
And I get that.
For instance, one of the games I'm supporting on Ci-En.
Succubus Reborn also has a breast focus.

That game also has it so every enemy has a breast skill.

Their mentality is also, 1 breast scene, 1 other - just like 62studio.
While the game's not finished though, the amount of foreplay to sex definitely isn't looking like it'll be 15% of the scenes. 14/90 scenes.

And I mean I get it. I like big boobs too.
Even the ludicrously sized ones like from Akiranime.

Just not to the same level as you guys here or even 62studio I guess.
___
I know fetishes can't be explained or anything(like literally, it's either you have them or not), but even if it's futile, I'll try.
Boob jobs are kind of one-way. Girl gets nothing out of it, but the satisfaction that she's making you cum with a part of her body that makes her appealing.
That's why to me, foreplay usually has to be paired up with the real thing most of the time, because then both people are having fun, it's enjoyable for both parties.
Especially for femdom in my opinion? Girls should definitely be getting off more in femdom than in maledom, but it seems that it's the other way around..

It's one of the reasons I randomly boot up MGERPG to spend time in that world even though that game's balance is even worse than LustGrimm Again.

Here you're mostly looking at the standing picture, and getting "camera" pans to the boobs/paizuri scenes.
And I mean, back when I was younger, like 15, just an image of a girl in bikinis got me diamond hard, but now just seeing boobs is nice and titilating and all but it's pretty light stimulus. A paizuri is kind of just a slight step above just seeing naked breasts to me.

As for the game balance, that I won't disagree with you on, but truth be told, every game by 62Studio is poorly balanced. Succubus Puttel V1.0 was probably the worst example as the game was nearly unplayable due to how tanky the enemies were, and how little experience you got. The combat, while entertaining, has never really been "good" imo.
They've gotten into a rhythm because of satisfied consumers and aren't really too self-critical of their systems.

But you can tell that 62studio has played other games in the meantime because of the changes they made to this game.
For one thing, the protagonist can cum multiple times.

There's 3 healthbars instead of 2 which is becoming more and more common in the erotic sphere. At this rate Incubus Quest's gonna feel dated by the time it comes out XD.
__
Hmm... Thinking about it what could they do differently.
Well for one thing, I do think they need to rethink their hold system. You get held if you fuck up an extremely generous QTE and you have to attempt to escape as long as your lust is low.

Putting an extremely important sexual encounter behind a QTE anyone can pass is bad design. The original Lust Grimm did this slightly better, but that game has BS skills that just instakill you so it's not like it's a marvel in design either.
I'd just make the hold absolutely land just like any other skill.

While held you can't escape, and you do less damage.
On the enemy's turn, they act once, so if they held you in a paizuri pose, they stroke in paizuri, but then they can get bonus actions based on QTE. So if you fail the QTE they get another action, and if you fail the next one, they get another action. The QTEs can start off really hard and get progressively easier based on Lust. So holds lead into combination attacks.

Also to escape the hold, could require a QTE, and might fail, but the next hold escape will be a more a generous QTE. Difficulty of QTE based on Lust.
__
I think the weakness system over incentivizes players to just focus on enemy weaknesses, really hampering playstyles.
It's better to reward players by giving them mastery over breasts, ass, and kissing. The better you are at those actions the stronger those attacks get.
Enemies can still have "weaknesses," but not so prominent that if you don't focus on them you're definitely not beating the enemy.
__
Passive abilities can incentivize players to play in different ways.
Something simple like "Electric Finger" breast attacks have a low chance of inflicting paralysis. Equip that and now you're thinking about using more breast attacks.
"Slippery" dodge the first hold an enemy uses against you. If you're going through a region that has lots of lamias or monsters that like using holds.
Stuff that affects stats.
"Great Kisser" every time you kiss or get kissed your skill increases.

Right now, in combat, all I'm thinking about is hitting weaknesses, after embracing them to lower their stats as low as possible, and that's the end of the complexity.
The complexity of the game evolves until you obtain the embrace skill and then it just stops. There's like 60% of the game left, but the game never evolves beyond that point. You approach every encounter the same.

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Their earlier games, which are the ones I enjoyed, when I was still finding my way through the metric ass ton of crap were not like this (by crap I mean , I thought all adult games were maledom rapefests. If it wasn't for Aesthetic showing me there was more than MGQ I wouldn't be here) .
In fact, in this remake they remade some enemies and took away their sex scene.

Alp, the second boss had sex in the original LustGrimm.
I should point out that sex scenes have also been added to enemies who didn't originally have them, like the Sheep Sisters and Ideal.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I should point out that sex scenes have also been added to enemies who didn't originally have them, like the Sheep Sisters and Ideal.
Oh really? That's fair.
It doesn't change my opinion, but I appreciate the correction. I haven't finished the remake out of disappointment.
Just checked a gallery online when I stopped, and that's where the counting came.

Kellam

Reputation score
Don't you know? Blowjobs, paizuri, handjobs, none of that's sex, it's just foreplay! ...Is honestly not a take I think I can take seriously.

Looking a bit more at the bit of what the girl gets out of it, I can see that to a point, paizuri doesn't seem like it would be particularly stimulating for the girl, but on that count only about 20% of women come from vaginal sex in general because people are bad at that too. Especially in a case like this where their main goal is to feed (which would make any sex act enjoyable for them), there's not much effort towards having the succubus be able to come, and all the loss scenes come about from the succubus not coming. There's not much making vaginal sex more stimulating for the girl than two people fingering each other, though given the femdom element in this game that naturally doesn't happen. In terms of scene variety, for me, I like that there are more non-boob scenes in this game compared to previous entries, although I am definitely hoping that Hard Succubus brings back a facesitting scene again.

In terms of gameplay complexity, I'm fine with the game not becoming particularly complex because it's not trying to, it's mostly about fapping to the battles/scenes and, to what extent you can, enjoying an okay story. I'm fine with how Magrut performs, although making binds unavoidable (and level drains too please and bring them back to the original's mechanics beyond the temptations please) would be an improvement in terms of limiting how much you can ignore an enemy.

I don't mind the lack of movement in CGs and scenes, I prefer writing by a significant margin. My favorite H game ever is Monster Girl Dreams for that reason. I tried looking up Succubus Reborn on Ci-en, but I can never quite work their search system, with Succubus Reborn and サキュバスリボーン both returning 0 results... do you have any other info I could use to find this?

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Don't you know? Blowjobs, paizuri, handjobs, none of that's sex, it's just foreplay! ...Is honestly not a take I think I can take seriously.
I used sex and intercourse interchangeably, but I shouldn't have. That's fair.
That's just semantics though, you know what I meant when I wrote it... I hope?

Looking a bit more at the bit of what the girl gets out of it, I can see that to a point, paizuri doesn't seem like it would be particularly stimulating for the girl, but on that count only about 20% of women come from vaginal sex in general because people are bad at that too.
There's no cunnilingus or forced licking either.
All the scenes are male focused. The guy's the one being serviced 100%.

There's not much making vaginal sex more stimulating for the girl than two people fingering each other, though given the femdom element in this game that naturally doesn't happen. In terms of scene variety, for me, I like that there are more non-boob scenes in this game compared to previous entries, although I am definitely hoping that Hard Succubus brings back a facesitting scene again.
I mean... there's a reason girls buy dildos when they're single though.
They aren't just generally satisfied with just fingering. Even lesbians buy "dicks."

I mean factually you can say that intercourse isn't the best method to get a girl off, but it's definitely the most sexually stimulating visual where you know for a fact, both people are enjoying their time. Most porn on PH spends most of their time with intercourse.
In terms of gameplay complexity, I'm fine with the game not becoming particularly complex because it's not trying to, it's mostly about fapping to the battles/scenes and, to what extent you can, enjoying an okay story.
That's fair. I didn't notice but my preference was really bleeding through there.
I don't fap to h-games personally and just play to feel aroused, but keeping the gameplay like super simple is probably their attempt to make it a "one-handed" game.
I really can't imagine fapping to these games though. There are so many sexual encounters...

Also you can bring out eroticism in game design if you do it well.

Like for instance, FOBS has extremely simple game design but it can be extremely erotic at points because of various mechanics like charm, and gaseous clouds. As well as the puzzle gimmiks, like getting mind controlled and stuff. The game design brings out the eroticism more than just seeing a video because you're playing into these mechanics.
In turn-based games you can get that erotic feeling from the actions your player takes as well.

It's why battlefuck is so hot compared to just seeing a scene in a regular fight like MGQ.

Stuff like the Lust system in this game for instance, is an attempt to use the game design itself to bring out eroticism. H-games can rely on mechanical design to bring out eroticism and don't just need to rely on basic RPG mechanics on their own to do it.

EX: Imagine a game, where you have a harem.
There's a girl in the harem. When you talk to her, you only have options for male dominant positions.
When having sex, you can hit the cancel key to stop at any time, and if you perform well you can increase their ecstasy to 100 and get them to cum.

Another girl in the harem actively seeks to find you and proposition you for sex. While in a sex motion you can't get out even if you press X. You must first get her ecstasy to max, and every time you cum her max ecstasy goes up by like 50 or something.

Even if both girls had the same position. One's aggressive and one's passive, and the game doesn't need character design, it doesn't need aggressive or passive positions, it doesn't even need text. Through game design alone, you brought forth some characterization and eroticism.
I'm fine with how Magrut performs, although making binds unavoidable (and level drains too please and bring them back to the original's mechanics beyond the temptations please) would be an improvement in terms of limiting how much you can ignore an enemy.
I'm not. Game stopped evolving way too early. My brain stopped looking for new strategies after I learned embrace, and no future enemy ever challenged me to do anything different from the current strategy. Things just got rote after that. That was my first experience with the original Lust Grimm.

I don't mind the lack of movement in CGs and scenes, I prefer writing by a significant margin.
When did I mention movement?
If you're just making a statement in general, then I don't agree.

I've tried playing text only erotic games like Trials in Tainted Space. Without visual stimulus at all, it's not really all that erotic, however, being all text means they have like a million scenarios and the game reacts differently to what you do because some artist doesn't have to draw everything and every variation of everything. Your imagination does that work.

Erotic writing is something I've dabbled in with my Pornhub animations and I must say it's fun, but the eroticism lands mostly through good persiflage and good emotional connections in my experience. That's really all you need, so heavily focusing on writing can actually take away from what you're trying to do, because you'll be busy with description. A picture's worth a thousand words, and a moving picture is worth a million.

===

Regarding Succubus Reborn, just use the ULMF search.
My thread for it is right here.

Last edited:

alfalfafafa

Reputation score
I'm fine with how Magrut performs, although making binds unavoidable (and level drains too please and bring them back to the original's mechanics beyond the temptations please) would be an improvement in terms of limiting how much you can ignore an enemy.
There is an option in the game to automatically fail restraints, though using this mode is problematic because (1) the game is not balanced around auto failing restraints, and might as well be an "automatic lose" option. And (2) you can still break out of restraints with the ridiculous easy push button system, regardless of lust %. Level drain being completely optional is very boring as well. It is too easy to reject all the succubi's advances and never lose.

I think it gets a bit harder when you are high lust but not much. In the older games, the longer you fought a succubus, generally the more likely you were to lose because you'd hit high lust, the succubus would restrain you and Margut would enjoy the restraint too much to break out. I found that quite hot in the older games, when you were legit trying to win a fight but the succubus just wore you down until you willingly gave yourself up to her.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
There is an option in the game to automatically fail restraints, though using this mode is problematic because (1) the game is not balanced around auto failing restraints, and might as well be an "automatic lose" option. And (2) you can still break out of restraints with the ridiculous easy push button system, regardless of lust %. Level drain being completely optional is very boring as well. It is too easy to reject all the succubi's advances and never lose.

I think it gets a bit harder when you are high lust but not much. In the older games, the longer you fought a succubus, generally the more likely you were to lose because you'd hit high lust, the succubus would restrain you and Margut would enjoy the restraint too much to break out. I found that quite hot in the older games, when you were legit trying to win a fight but the succubus just wore you down until you willingly gave yourself up to her.
You can also using calming nuts mid-battle, and they give you so many of them in the remake it trivializes the Lust system.

I don't think I'll ever get the fascination with level drain though.
The only game I liked it in was Lilith in Nightmare, and that's because that game doesn't use "level" as you main scalar, but equipment.

Basically level drain allowed the developers to know generally how strong the protagonist was, by making progress to next levels really high and putting a soft-cap on your level per region.

Losing that power doesn't feel fun as a player, and it's worse in games where there's nothing you can do to stop it, so the enemy can just get an advantage over you by removing the hard work you put in through grinding.

rewind610

Reputation score
For all those complaining about the QTE system, I understand if you're playing on normal as you have 4 "ticks" of the clock to push maybe one or two buttons.
However playing on the Difficulty titled Real, you only have 2 "ticks" of the clock and lust starts scaling very fast, around 5-6% per turn, making QTEs an actual problem if you cum and the succubus gets 3-5 free turns on you. At 50% lust you have only one tick to finish the QTE as well

overlord999

Reputation score
anybody knows if it is possible to get advanced synthesis licence? can't recall how to get it on Lust Grimm...