What's new

[WIP - Full] [62studio] LustGrimm Again translation (RJ323130)

ntoiuxn

Reputation score
I've also noticed that there's text for things in Version 2.0, like the battle lines and H-scenes of the rest of Heaven's enemies. It means that when Version 2.0 finally comes out, I'll be able to release a full translation for it relatively quickly.
Oh that's super exciting! The time between an update happening and the translation being ready is the most agonizing part!

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I mentioned this in another thread, but I actually had my translation file get corrupted (apparently) from my computer suddenly losing power. I was able to restore it from a backup, but I lost several days of work. I've now re-translated the lost parts and am now up to Succubus Maid's H-scenes.

Long story short, remember to back up your data and do it often.

vaan21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I mentioned this in another thread, but I actually had my translation file get corrupted (apparently) from my computer suddenly losing power. I was able to restore it from a backup, but I lost several days of work. I've now re-translated the lost parts and am now up to Succubus Maid's H-scenes.

Man that's unfortunate. Just curious in what part are u on the translation when it got corrupted?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Man that's unfortunate. Just curious in what part are u on the translation when it got corrupted?
I was partly into the Slime's H-scenes when that happened. I ended up losing my translations for that as well as the Goddess' and (half of) Succubus Santa's scenes.

alfalfafafa

Reputation score

If you don't already, learn to use git. You can make a free account/private repo on github and then you just push your work every time you are done for the day (or even more often). If you muck up anything or have corrupted files you can go back to any point in time that you made a commit.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
If you don't already, learn to use git. You can make a free account/private repo on github and then you just push your work every time you are done for the day (or even more often). If you muck up anything or have corrupted files you can go back to any point in time that you made a commit.
To give a bit more explanation, I've been doing my translation on a really old computer and, in a misguided attempt to improve performance, I used to disconnect it from Wi-Fi as much as possible. This is why my latest backup was from a few days earlier. I've now learned from my mistake and am saving multiple times a day (to Dropbox) with a Wi-Fi connection.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I'm now at Fess' scenes, so the end is finally in sight. Since Version 1.5 will soon be released, what I'll do is wait a couple of days for that to be updated, while I continue translating the text that I have. Then I'll redownload the game, start a new translation project from it and translate the new H-scenes. There shouldn't be too many of those, so I should probably release a new translation patch 4-6 days after 1.5 is released.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'm now at Fess' scenes, so the end is finally in sight. Since Version 1.5 will soon be released, what I'll do is wait a couple of days for that to be updated, while I continue translating the text that I have. Then I'll redownload the game, start a new translation project from it and translate the new H-scenes. There shouldn't be too many of those, so I should probably release a new translation patch 4-6 days after 1.5 is released.
Nice work. I just started the game yesterday with your 4th patch and it's been pretty good so far. There were a couple NPCs around that weren't translated and maybe like 2 or so wordwrap issues I've gotten. I just got into the cave though so it's pretty early on. Should I go back and find them and tell you where those were? I don't remember exactly off the top of my head. I was thinking of starting a new game anyways on Real difficulty.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Nice work. I just started the game yesterday with your 4th patch and it's been pretty good so far. There were a couple NPCs around that weren't translated and maybe like 2 or so wordwrap issues I've gotten. I just got into the cave though so it's pretty early on. Should I go back and find them and tell you where those were? I don't remember exactly off the top of my head. I was thinking of starting a new game anyways on Real difficulty.
I'd definitely appreciate any help with the translation.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'd definitely appreciate any help with the translation.

It's a two part set of monologue from a guard NPC. The first part is untranslated, but the second part says "They're just proof that you beat them on the highest difficulty, and apparently they have no real use."

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've just released a new translation patch. This has all of the new H-scenes translated, plus the preexisting H-scenes up to Ideal. Almost everything aside from this is also translated, except for the achievements and some of the text added in 1.5.

On a side note, this took longer than expected due to a problem with how Translator++ applies its batch translation: if you have translated text that has fewer lines than the original text, then additional machine-translated lines will be added to the end to fill in the perceived gap. I had to go back and edit every single place where this happened to make it match the original number of lines. On the plus side, this should prevent this problem from happening again.

Last edited:

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
I've just released a new translation patch. This has all of the new H-scenes translated, plus the preexisting H-scenes up to Ideal. Everything aside from this is also translated, except for some of the text added in 1.53.

On a side note, this took longer than expected due to a problem with how Translator++ applies its batch translation: if you have translated text that has fewer lines than the original text, then additional machine-translated lines will be added to the end to fill in the perceived gap. I had to go back and edit every single place where this happened to make it match the original number of lines. On the plus side, this should prevent this problem from happening again.
Thank you! Also I thought T++ just doesn't do anything with the extra lines when you export them if there's no equivalent Japanese lines to replace it. Sounds like a bug if the additional lines broke something.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Thank you! Also I thought T++ just doesn't do anything with the extra lines when you export them if there's no equivalent Japanese lines to replace it. Sounds like a bug if the additional lines broke something.
What I mean is that when I start a new project*, import the translation from a previous project and then run the batch translation option, any translated line (referring to the sections of text marked with separate numbers in T++) that has fewer lines (referring to the actual lines of text) than the original line causes the batch translation to think there's a gap and add extra translated lines to the end.

Or for a visual explanation, if the original text was:
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

and the translated text I import was:
YYYYY
YYYYY

then when I run the batch translation, I get:
YYYYY
YYYYY
12345 [this being the result of batch translation)

* As I did after updating to 1.53

First of all thank you for your work.
The new patch gives this error, the previous one works fine. Might be tied to a mistake I made also.
View attachment 40929
I've never seen this error before. Did you make sure to update your game to 1.5 first? This patch is specifically for that version, earlier versions won't have this image file.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Seems to be my blunder. The only download I could find is the 1.53 patch from their website, which didn't include anything in an img folder. Is there a link with everything I need?
redownload the full game from the store page the downloads on there website are just small bugfixes that were not added to the store page yet they add those once they fix way more stuff or else the store page will have alot of updates

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
The last Succubus Gourmet who's asking for "Fluffy Pancakes' is actually looking for the item "Soft Pancakes". So probably the item should be renamed to Fluffy pancakes since that makes more sense and lines up with the text.

Also I MTL the achievements if you would like to include it and edit it yourself. I've attached the modified commonevents.json along with just the achievement section of the file.
What I did was:
1) Open commonevents.json in notepad++ and use the plugin jstools to format the json file to something I can read.
2) Find the section that had achievements (ID:5)
3) Copy all of that into this website because it was encoded in /u UTF-16 so I can get the Japanese text.
4) Save that as a new json file.
5) Convert that file to a CSV at this website.
6) Open the CSV file with Translator++ (it has a spreadsheet option), then MTL as normal and export.
7) Using the same website convert the CSV back to JSON,
8) Open the JSON file in notepad++ and copy and replace the text back into the original commonevents.json

I also modified the achievement plugin to accept the plugin command "achievement" and "achievements" because that was previously an issue although going through it now I believe it's mostly fixed except for 1 case with the new cow girls event having an s at the end of achievements. But I modified it just in case since I wanted to do a achievement run.

Attachments

idpersona

Reputation score
The collab girls,the demons,and Cow/Hazard Succubus arent translated yet?

doko56

Reputation score
  • LGA TL5: For Ver1.53. This has all of the new H-scenes translated, plus the preexisting H-scenes up to Ideal. Almost everything aside from this is also translated, except for the achievements and some of the text added in 1.5.
Emphasis added on the part of the post that answers your question, the collab succubi are post-game irc. By cow succubus i assume you mean the boss one, not the one with white hair and stuff, because i'm pretty positive that one is translated.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
They aren't. I should clarify when I say "up to Ideal", that's referring to the order in the game files. For some reason, Cow Succubus and Hazard Succubus' scenes come after this.