What's new

ACT [Acid Style] 銑鉄の探索者 / Explorer of the Golden Planet (RJ204720)

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
It is done....well the base is
Alright so this is the ENTIRE base completed (should be), all events and chats should be in english EXCEPT for a few that I could not figure out completely (1-5 of those) or could get a vague understanding however not enough for it to make sense with following conversations (15-40 conversation lines). As I just finished up the base right now and it's late I wish to sleep and think a little bit about doing a full translation as I will be looking a bit through levels to see if any have the same amount as 3 characters do which makes the translation work drags out and mentally drains me.
These are worst to least: Pioneer Commander, General Stronth, tutorial bit about terminals inside the tutorial room (honestly I can deal with having the terminal again a lot of times just it's annoying)

To "install": just unzip the attachment in this post and drag the contents of the unzipped stg4 folder into Data and then it should be done, just make sure you use the .exe in the folder as the game engine has backwards compatibility, but not forwards or preserving as it's version 930 that I downloaded and not 811 which is what this was made on.

A note about the work I've done as I could not translate the first NPC you meet in the partner stage where you find the drone, he does not show up correctly in the editor I think for some reason so the dark hooded guy is going to speak japanese because reasons. Oh and that I translated the names of weapons when equipping them in the terminal...I'm NOT SURE about where okay just all weapon's names have been translated once?

What now?
As a result of doing this and some other things I slightly pushed to the side I'll probably won't say my decision on this till maybe Wednesday latest, things that can speed up with me making this decision is if people can direct me to stages where it has characters that are similar to the 3 I mentioned in the spoiler which can be done here or PM I don't mind. Something I do feel that would make translating this a lot easier and less time consuming would be to have is someone to consult on translating some of the dialog by like batch PM'ing them the lines and they get back to me when they have time free with the translation and I can then put it in.
An Added bonus but a big ask to this would be if that person would do editorial suggestions to the translations by playing the game. As due to how the game is done I am ending up knowing spoilers/details about the game that I did not know about before until I started to piece it a bit together. This is because the characters in the stages show ALL dialog that take place in that stage after the initial few so various completion progress is REQUIRED to know if some lines have come out okay as I cannot check that in the editor.
Just to make it clear though whether or not someone volunteers to do this or not will not effect my decision to do a full translation, it will simply effect the time it takes for me to do it, which I would not take the time it took for the base to be done as a rough time per stage as I practically rushed it out with little other time. However it will effect the translation quality as then I will be probably posting on the translation thread I would make, requests for people to help me with the translation which could lead to people seeing these spoilers.
But if that is better to do then I'll go ahead with that as this will be my first game translating and first time I've done translating other than google translating a word that I wondered about.

Now I go to sleep hoping everything is fine and understandable with this.

Attachments

cell943

Reputation score
If you clarify exactly where the sections you need review on are (and the various progress levels through the game which are needed to view your lines), or if you simply email the text to me, I'll be happy to help. You can do so in PM if you prefer.

It seems like you missed several dialogs of the tutorial inside the base for a start. Are those the bits you were referring to? "Normal erotic restraint", "Armor destruction", and several after still have the Japanese characters present in the dialog.
If I could make a suggestion, it'd probably be best to make item and UI translations a priority over dialog at this point.
Also, for whatever reason, your translation of the terminal dialog doesn't transfer to all terminals. You have to do those individually? That's a pain.

Last edited:

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I would be copy and pasting the text to your or into a translation thread and include context if asked for or that I feel it is necessary, I would think about context inclusion more if it's a thread. Oh and the various progress in the levels isn't just levels, it is also the story as well, for example there is different lines for when you have had to come back to the commander after going to the north east which depend on how far your explored and did there. This seems to happen with semi important characters in the game story wise and so I think to trigger those lines you need to be very careful with what is done and not done when your playing.

The places where several dialogs have japanese in them are ones where the the english is what I think is a understandable translation the japanese that follows however I am not sure of this as I've had to make significant changes to what has been suggested by the translating programs (I ended up using bing in addition to google and yandex towards the end) or the english is just the pure form of the translations suggested and I cannot make sense of it enough to make my own sentence of it. If there is no english and just japanese then I just could not make any sense out of the translation and left it alone instead of puzzling over it. It's why my decision to continue or not is something I need to think about as I am not sure if I would not spend time going back through previous translations I've done so that they make sense now that I suddenly understood something later on. (this happened when I redid the commander a little due to the partner selection area as the translation given was odd at first but then clarified it self later).

On the topic of that the translation of the terminals didn't carry over to the other ones is why I spent about a half a day to a full day on translating the base more as you know the Pioneer Soldiers with all their lines? I had to copy and paste them to each one which is why I stated that ONLY the base was done. I did the copy and paste with a few other dialogs that were VERY similar but I nearly ended up with losing important dialog by doing so without checking before hand that it was the exact same text as before, meaning even if I thought the text was the same I still needed to copy, paste and then check to see if it was what I initially had to what I was about to put in. (which if different meant I needed to redo my translation a bit or completely which I had kept in a notepad.txt if it seemed repeated) An example of this was with the tutorial end of where you pick your equipment compared to when you can pick a different set later but the dialog is different since it mentions armor and ammo as well as SOMETIMES saying a little bit about the armor in the description. I nearly missed that when I was doing it yesterday and you wouldn't know that each option changes what armor you start off with as well as how much ammo your given for your weapons. There's also slight differences with the indentations of the menus which you move the "arrow" around by going up and down as that is all text and the "arrow" is like 2-3 space-bar hits which makes getting everything in line horrible to do as it doesn't look right in the editor but when played it looks fine, you can see similar things with indentations of the dialogs of the left side of the base to the right and middle as I was sacrificing space for text and didn't fully understand the limited room I have to work with.

This is why in my post I said about how many dialogs had japanese text in them so it was expected along with a note saying that I noticed that the hooded partner NPC you can get cannot be translated since he doesn't show up correctly in the editor. I also left the self destruct and death text untranslated in everywhere but the commander room and your personal room as that's where I did it but then realized that english characters have too much spacing so I need a different way of doing that stuff without the screen being filled in the middle or the bottom with text and your unable to see.

Also I meant for this to be a quick small reply but I've gotten really into the reply and explaining a lot....so much for it being short and small...

EDIT: I realized I didn't say anything about your suggestion when I meant to say that it would be probably the thing I would put at the top of the to do list as you can't optimize when you don't know what each thing does, I did want to try and get more done with it yesterday before I uploaded but it simply go too late and I was at the end of time I could spend on it. I don't want to think much more about what I would do and so till I decide if I will be continuing or not.

Last edited:

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Apologies for the silence I had an urgent personal issue come up which required me to be away for a week, I'm back now. So I've had more time to think about doing the translation and well I've not thought up of any significantly bad reasons to not do so as it just takes time and if people are patient then I'm fine to do so. However from doing the HQbase I do realize that there may be parts of the game that simply cannot be translated.

Anyway I'll see about making a translation thread and begin work soon after that as I'll put up a plan of what I'll do for translating roughly. (yes UI will be at the top of that)

EDIT: Thread is up now and here's a link to it, no I haven't translated anything since what I've shared above.

Last edited:

the3rdkira

Reputation score
I am a big fan of Acid Style games (especially BARRAGE!, since i like EDF games) and similar high quality pixer art ACT games. It is a great news that you decided to translate Explorer of the Golden Planet, this game totally deserves it.

internalerror

Reputation score
are you supposed to be able to go right of the red octopuss boss. it seems like theres an invisible wall there but following the guide too i cant figure out what im meant to be doing

the3rdkira

Reputation score
Since i have now latest 1.31 version of game i tried to translate a little. Thanks to Acid Style who conventionally provided link to Action Editor 4 site in the game folder, now i have access to all versions of Editor. I figured how to do it and translated a tiny bit, everything seems to work so far. I can help with translating stg4 files. Of course it's totally up to you, i am not intended to interfere or use other's work.

banana|split

Reputation score
This should be 100% which has the animations from the past 2 updates. idk
Should be able to see them all on the Free Gallery.
Unless there's some newly added content that I'm unaware of
how do you find the gallery?

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
how do you find the gallery?
Go to your personal room where the tutorial ends as there's a computer there which is the gallery of animations. The other gallery which is of what is what is on the way to the control room which has one computer in-front of a lot of big computers. (Currently translating that area along with terminal stuff)

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
A visual of where the Gallery is, for those who don't know.

banana|split

Reputation score
Go to your personal room where the tutorial ends as there's a computer there which is the gallery of animations. The other gallery which is of what is what is on the way to the control room which has one computer in-front of a lot of big computers. (Currently translating that area along with terminal stuff)
View attachment 22691
A visual of where the Gallery is, for those who don't know.
Alright, thank you guys

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi there everyone.
I just started playing this again and I'm following the guide, checking the girls spots. I can't find the 2nd girl on the bandit base after being abtucted.
Can anyone point out the exact place?

Edit* Ok, for some reason after trying like 20 times she finally showed up where she was suppose to be...
Edit** And now I'm having the same issue with the girl at the forest area...
Edit*** Ok, I'm following chapter 5 of the guide and I don't I've killed the boss yet, at least I don't recall seeing him. I found the 3 aliens together and talked to them, but now I've no idea where to go to find the scattered aliens. I've seen some one or two aliens behind those purple doors. Is there anyway to get past those?

Last edited:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
May anyone tell me which is the best weapon to kill slimes? I think I might be missing something as all my current weapons seem to be really weak.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
May anyone tell me which is the best weapon to kill slimes? I think I might be missing something as all my current weapons seem to be really weak.
Currently working on translating this and from what I can tell....all the energy weapons are ones you want to use for unlimited ammo but poor damage. So you want to not use them but instead military ammo and plasma ammo weapons. A shotgun weapon and machine gun should be good to get yourself through till you can freely test the weapons yourself once you find farming spots for resources and money.

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If you're really struggling to kill some enemies, you just need to grind more stats really.
iirc the best places would be in Iron Desert and Crystal Cave
In terms of weapons, there are my favorites

Blade
Melee Weapon best for mobility.

Energy Turret
Summons a stationary ball that repeatedly fires on nearby enemies.
Costs 120 EN, but is very strong, especially with multiple balls

Energy Barrier
Weakest shield power (I think), but deals good contact damage (including obstacles)
Best for when traversing through stages with lots of tiny mobs (Iron Desert, the new Cave)
**Shields are also some form of Debuff immunity (Heat, Shock, Cold)

i liek katz

Reputation score
Last save was posted back in March, and the game has been updated, anyone willing to share their up-to-date full(or close to) save?