What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

Drageeno

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Ayame's Adventure - Public Demo Release

Gotta say, I enjoyed the demo. I've been seeing you & your sig around ULMF for several months now, and I'm glad to see a demo that seems to be living up to the quality you're wanting it to. Keep up the great work.

blackhill

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

just finished the demo and I have to say, it's a great work!
the CG are good, the story is fun, the multiple routes are promising, I can't wait for the big release!

the only cons I have are the loading between the zones and the maps are huge and empty. Perhaps filling them with some life, like NPC and moving vehicles would be great. I don't know the limitations of the MV engine and my game coding and scripting skills are not great (I'm more familiar with the code for big industrial machinery, who could be exciting for some people here, you little perverts :p ), so my thoughts may be irrelevant.

Keep up with the goods, I will check from time to time on the updates!

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

just finished the demo and I have to say, it's a great work!
the CG are good, the story is fun, the multiple routes are promising, I can't wait for the big release!

the only cons I have are the loading between the zones and the maps are huge and empty. Perhaps filling them with some life, like NPC and moving vehicles would be great. I don't know the limitations of the MV engine and my game coding and scripting skills are not great (I'm more familiar with the code for big industrial machinery, who could be exciting for some people here, you little perverts :p ), so my thoughts may be irrelevant.

Keep up with the goods, I will check from time to time on the updates!
I agree. The city just feels empty. That will most likely be fixed in the full release, though. Other than that the Demo has very little content. Though maybe that's just because I'm playing on the pure route so far, aside from having sex with the husband. Personally I'd like to be able to play her like I'd do things, being an ethical slut. (if you don't know what that means use TVTropes).

Supereroticgames

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Damn this looks really nice. I will love to test this out as soon as I get my main PC back :)

Miraggio

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, you may not be driving sport cars, but you are above 4000$ per month, many "We don't even get to 100$" Patreons like ourselves wouldn't spit on that.
I know you get less than what we see, but it's not like you suck either.

Anyway, Patreon should be about supporting the artists regardless of the rewards they offer. After all it's about founding someone, not about buying something.
Rarely any rewards we can offer is enough to compensate the money you give, so in the end it's a matter of generosity.

If we can also manage to create satisfying rewards, well, that's cool, but not mandatory.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, you may not be driving sport cars, but you are above 4000$ per month, many "We don't even get to 100$" Patreons like ourselves wouldn't spit on that.
I know you get less than what we see, but it's not like you suck either.

Anyway, Patreon should be about supporting the artists regardless of the rewards they offer. After all it's about founding someone, not about buying something.
Rarely any rewards we can offer is enough to compensate the money you give, so in the end it's a matter of generosity.

If we can also manage to create satisfying rewards, well, that's cool, but not mandatory.
We are very grateful with the amount of money we make, but a mid-class (Gallardo...) second hand Lambo costs... 80k+? :p

We're not living a Lambo type of life.

fedefyr2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So a question i gotta ask after having played through the demo a second time. How far in the game making process would you estimate you guys being at? How far are we from a full release?

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So a question i gotta ask after having played through the demo a second time. How far in the game making process would you estimate you guys being at? How far are we from a full release?

Based on the size of the city... i would say pretty far.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Based on the size of the city... i would say pretty far.
They said the city is going to be used for future games. They don't plan on using every corner for the current title.

More than a half a year ago, they released a tech demo. They haven't moved much since then.
You do the math.

TheByQ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

More than a half a year ago, they released a tech demo. They haven't moved much since then.
How muc is "much" for you? Because if I remember correctly the tech demo was almost nothing, and now there's few in-game days, so I'd say they have moved since then. And I'm comparing the tech demo from "more than a half a year ago" to a public demo from ~2 months ago.

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

afaik patreons got to play an early version of the demo in december 2015 and after several delays they published the demo for the public 8 months later. So they basically needed 8 months for bugfixing and adding one scene. That's the workspead of them or him, since I guess starke takes the biggest chunk of that patreon money.
So here is the deal: when you get 5000 USD per month for doing nothing, or just to spout some empty promises, will you start working hard or continue with said laziness?

Lucy Heartfillia

Sex Demon
Reputation score

looking forward for this project, hope heroine will get very corrupted in various ways, could not hurt a ganguro type aka turn her hairstyle into blonde and skin to dark :D

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

They said the city is going to be used for future games. They don't plan on using every corner for the current title.
Oh right... that's true. Totally forgot he said that :/ Still, really, really far from full release... even an update by how things going.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh right... that's true. Totally forgot he said that :/ Still, really, really far from full release... even an update by how things going.
How's things going?

Other than that we're done going back and forth with people who have no idea what they're talking about, never showed anything and say "this could be done in X days", we just put them on the ignore list at this point. If you can do it, do it, stop nagging us about it, you don't have to play our game, no one has a gun to your head, no one's forcing you to follow us, do us a favor and don't play it, if it's so bad and it's so easily done, there's thousands of games around, many coming out every single day.

Those who follow us have reasons to do so.

fedefyr2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

How's things going?

Other than that we're done going back and forth with people who have no idea what they're talking about, never showed anything and say "this could be done in X days", we just put them on the ignore list at this point. If you can do it, do it, stop nagging us about it, you don't have to play our game, no one has a gun to your head, no one's forcing you to follow us, do us a favor and don't play it, if it's so bad and it's so easily done, there's thousands of games around, many coming out every single day.

Those who follow us have reasons to do so.
Hey! The reason I asked a little while back was because i have supported games before and this game seems so promising. And i get game developing takes time, so its not like I dont get where youre coming from. Though the "If you dont like it, you can fuck off" approach doesnt really entice me. Though now that youre in the thread again, i hope you wont be offended if i repeat my question: How far into developement are you? Just a rough estimate. Excited for this game to be finished!

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So, I was gonna try out your demo, when you opened it with an introduction that would make a Twilight fan cringe. First and foremost, your protagonist comes off as vapid, dense, and utterly shallow. Her compressed explanation of who she is and why we should care about her is pretty bad, and given that it took 3 of you to produce a working demo, I have to wonder exactly how much effort was given to the story. By the first two minutes, your protagonist has made he dislike them. Not off to a good start.

Oh, but that's fine, since unlikeable protagonists aren't an oddity. As long as the game itself is fun, that's par for the course. Hell, an unlikable protagonist can be the first step for a good story. But then you went one step further.

You threatened your audience.

Anyone who has played the public demo and whatever content is already available through your patreon knows what I'm talking about. Essentially, you declare anyone sharing it will be stalked, harassed, and have their account terminated. Did you think that was appropriate? Did you believe that was an acceptable gesture to make? I can tell you right now, anyone not dissuaded from supporting your game is most likely going to disregard your little threat and share it just to spite you.

Oh, and I'll be contacting patreon. I'm sure they would like to know that one of the projects under their crowdfunding system is essentially trying to bully people. I'll also be contacting this forum's admins and submitting screenshots that you've resorted to bullying. I'm sure neither patreon nor ulmf want to be associated with that kind of behavior. Some advice for your future endeavors: Don't assume that you can bully others because you're worried about something they might do.

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So, I was gonna try out your demo, when you opened it with an introduction that would make a Twilight fan cringe. First and foremost, your protagonist comes off as vapid, dense, and utterly shallow. Her compressed explanation of who she is and why we should care about her is pretty bad, and given that it took 3 of you to produce a working demo, I have to wonder exactly how much effort was given to the story. By the first two minutes, your protagonist has made he dislike them. Not off to a good start.

Oh, but that's fine, since unlikeable protagonists aren't an oddity. As long as the game itself is fun, that's par for the course. Hell, an unlikable protagonist can be the first step for a good story. But then you went one step further.

Anyone who has played the public demo and whatever content is already available through your patreon knows what I'm talking about. Essentially, you declare anyone sharing it will be stalked, harassed, and have their account terminated. Did you think that was appropriate? Did you believe that was an acceptable gesture to make? I can tell you right now, anyone not dissuaded from supporting your game is most likely going to disregard your little threat and share it just to spite you.

Oh, and I'll be contacting patreon. I'm sure they would like to know that one of the projects under their crowdfunding system is essentially trying to bully people. I'll also be contacting this forum's admins and submitting screenshots that you've resorted to bullying. I'm sure neither patreon nor ulmf want to be associated with that kind of behavior. Some advice for your future endeavors: Don't assume that you can bully others because you're worried about something they might do.
Leave and never come back, if that's the way you feel about this game.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

While I do not fully agree with...the "PR" of this game, I do not exactly see a problem with protecting one's "assets". You can be sued for illegally downloading music or movies or games and this is essentially the same thing.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Who is threatening who, exactly?

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh, and I'll be contacting patreon. I'm sure they would like to know that one of the projects under their crowdfunding system is essentially trying to bully people. I'll also be contacting this forum's admins and submitting screenshots that you've resorted to bullying. I'm sure neither patreon nor ulmf want to be associated with that kind of behavior.
Wait, what? Do we have different versions or something? I can write up the text verbatim from the game I'm playing:

"I'm not going to give you a big lecture on how it's illegal to share this game without authorization." (This is true)

"We are NOT going to do that."
"Just remember that in order to create this game and future ones, the authors need to make a living."
"For that to happen, the patreons need to have their money's worth. We are working on patreon only exclusive physical goods like dakimakura's, figurines, t-shirts, etc."
"But still..."
"Don't be an asshole and share the game illegally the first couple of weeks."
"If you do, don't be surprised if you end up banned and reported to patreon."
"We will find you, and we will get your account terminated!"
"With that out of the way."

Blah blah blah mature audiences, over 18 check.

So what exactly about that is so threatening? That if you pirate/illegally share a game you'll get reported to patreon? Where the hell did you get the 'stalked, harassed' part from?