What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Ayame's Adventure - Public Demo Release

Exactly, these scenes they claim take ages really is something easy and simple to do in Rpg Maker in a matter of a handful of minutes, most people who are experienced in maker would know that, when I mentioned I could do something just as quick, it wouldn't take me no more than 30 minutes to set up that sort of scene and probably add a ton more dialogue but when I mention that they go and shout negative things back at me stating it takes a long time to set up events and scenes, when in fact, once you got pictures that you want to use and planned out how it goes down, really does not take long to set up, the years its take, they should have a huge amount of content, not just small and simple things to show off in a demo.

It's quite simple: Set up dialogue and set routes for characters involved in the event, adding a little movements and then show the pictures at the time needed, once everything is finished, end the event and move the player to the desired location, it's really not time consuming.
Well about this scene in particular I just mean they made it realy bad made with little effort to it.

There is a bit more to it than you sugest. But sure if you have all the framework for the game mechanics and trigers done and organised, adding events like that shouldnt be more than an hours of work - assuming you have art, text, voices, etc ready.

But that ideal anyway.

I just wanted to point out how riddiculouslty under-inspiring that scene was. It had so little effort behind it.
Less than other scenes with far less significance.

But I am far to critising entire project - it is fairly good looking game so far, or it has potencial to be.

Thats why I would hate to see it spiral downwards.

Last edited:

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I like the game overall.

Although I must say it is developing quite slowly.

But the Last builds Bar sex scene (for virgin Ayame) is a total joke...

It is total BS if you consider shes a virgin, and even if she isnt it is totaly shody work. It is like it was writen in 15 minutes.

Seriously ? Something as important as first time sex (overall or with someone else than fionce), is put in a few lines worth a scene ? Without any buildup to it, or reasoning, or internal thoughts ?

He just unzipped his pant -> put in -> moved inside 3 times - > put out.

Seriously I wrote better erotic scenes when I was 7 - when I thought pussy was a second mouth with teeth and all.
I had the same issue with that scene. Pretty anticlimactic.
The whole route at the bar is kind of off. One day it's a blackmail, the next it's kind of consensual, then again blackmail.
I was also disappointed Ayame just quits after calling him out on his bullshit with the wallet. It seemed for a moment that she would join his game and try to beat him at it. Manipulating him, or even giving him some of his own blackmail treatment.
The art is still really good tho'. Their artist is a dope.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I thought people went on vacation to get away from work? If there's no work being done, what is there to vacation from?

Forgive me for being a smart ass. But it's been ages since we've seen anything from this project and over a year since it was started. Nothing produced so far looks to be high enough quality to justify even a fraction of that time.

I just checked their patreon. I did not realize they released a patch on Sept 21st. It had been quite a while since seeing any updates as far as actual content.

And no, I'm not supporting them. There's no way I would pay monthly for something like this. I'd be willing to pay for a final version at a set price though, but that could be years away.
Backing our project is absolutely optional, you don't want to do it, no one forces you to, obviously our supporters believe we have produced enough and high enough quality material to keep supporting us. We never once promised we'd release publicly anything past the demo, but you also didn't do much research as there have been quite a few places illegaly sharing it just a few weeks after it comes out on Patreon.

I like the game overall.

Although I must say it is developing quite slowly.

But the Last builds Bar sex scene (for virgin Ayame) is a total joke...

It is total BS if you consider shes a virgin, and even if she isnt it is totaly shody work. It is like it was writen in 15 minutes.

Seriously ? Something as important as first time sex (overall or with someone else than fionce), is put in a few lines worth a scene ? Without any buildup to it, or reasoning, or internal thoughts ?

He just unzipped his pant -> put in -> moved inside 3 times - > put out.

Seriously I wrote better erotic scenes when I was 7 - when I thought pussy was a second mouth with teeth and all.
The scene was bugged, it wasn't presenting the correct text for the virgin route. Our supporters got the memo, since you and a few other haters (not saying you're a hater, saying a few haters did, just to be clear) downloaded the game illegaly, you didn't.

I just want to say one thing...

I find it amazingly amusing as every month people have to come here, complain that the game isn't turning into what they wanted it to or what they expected it to be, but come next month, here they are again, saying you played it, how garbage it is, how you want your time back and how again you were disapointing.

When I play a disapointing game, I drop it, I don't turn into a combination of entitled/masochist and keep playing future patches just say I could do better, but then again, everyone online can be the spawn of Bill Gates and Mike Tyson.

The whole route at the bar is kind of off. One day it's a blackmail, the next it's kind of consensual, then again blackmail.
That route has many approaches, imagine like each route creates an alternative universe and that drastically changes how Ayame develops.

Weak or strong, gullible or witty...

Melvin went from Blackmailing her to having her feeling like she kinda owes him in that route, it shows how much of a manipulative and cruel individual Melvin is.

EDIT: A few people here are on my ignore list, so don't be surprised because I didn't address anything they said.

Last edited:

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris (Former Ayame's Adventure)

My question was a legitimate one as I have backed some people in the past that have charged monthly and then went on vacation and didnt switch and kept charging people.

I can say im one of those "haters" that have downloaded it illegally before and i can safely say that the dif between the demo vs whats out for patrons is like night and day. The Demo has mostly empty maps in terms of npcs etc but the backers one has a lot of work done to it, and were i in a better situation financially i wouldn't mind backing the game.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My question was a legitimate one as I have backed some people in the past that have charged monthly and then went on vacation and didnt switch and kept charging people.

I can say im one of those "haters" that have downloaded it illegally before and i can safely say that the dif between the demo vs whats out for patrons is like night and day. The Demo has mostly empty maps in terms of npcs etc but the backers one has a lot of work done to it, and were i in a better situation financially i wouldn't mind backing the game.
Your question I just didn't saw, it was one page back, I apologize.

No, we went for a one week vacation only and it did not delay our patch as were waiting for some outsourced materials.

KuraScropia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Small, simple curiosity: any reason for name change?

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That route has many approaches, imagine like each route creates an alternative universe and that drastically changes how Ayame develops.

Weak or strong, gullible or witty...

Melvin went from Blackmailing her to having her feeling like she kinda owes him in that route, it shows how much of a manipulative and cruel individual Melvin is.
I see your point.
I just think it was unnecessarily for him to go back to the blackmail method so fast, when she was clearly opening up for him.
I would've appreciated the NTR much more if Ayame was making the choices on her own, instead of being forced to do it.

It is the strong route that I was missing. She either submits and is being abused, or quits.
Just my 5 cents.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I know that some sites do share versions of these games and such, but if I'm not willing to back, I really don't bother. I also realize that you never said anything would be public after the first demo, but what I don't see is any progress updates saying what is being done or why people should support.

What many Patreon devs have been doing is releasing older versions as the current free version and then when people play a version or two behind the current, they're like "Oh shit, this is really good, maybe I should support". With your demo, it was too short, the maps were confusing as fuck, Ayame seems like an ignorant, naive twit. With your demo, it's hard to get any real feel for the game. And if that's how you want to do things, by all means, proceed. I'm just thinking it could be executed better. And if your game is of as high quality as you claim, more people would be able to actually see that.

But that's just how I feel. It's not majorly important one way or another. Just trying to make a suggestion for the sake of discussion.

dolo

Reputation score

I just want to say one thing...

I find it amazingly amusing as every month people have to come here, complain that the game isn't turning into what they wanted it to or what they expected it to be, but come next month, here they are again, saying you played it, how garbage it is, how you want your time back and how again you were disapointing.
Could it be that these are different people?

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Small, simple curiosity: any reason for name change?
Ayame's Adventure was temporary to begin with. Alansya Chronicles is the name of the saga we want to create (as it's all linked), Fleeting Iris would be the name of the game, and playing it until the end explains the title.

I see your point.
I just think it was unnecessarily for him to go back to the blackmail method so fast, when she was clearly opening up for him.
I would've appreciated the NTR much more if Ayame was making the choices on her own, instead of being forced to do it.

It is the strong route that I was missing. She either submits and is being abused, or quits.
Just my 5 cents.
Later on she will be able to do things on her own accord, specially in other jobs, but you need to understand that Melvin is a fucking psychopath, he acted manipulatively just to be able to laugh at her face later on, he believes he'll get her one way or another, blackmail was always the main route for him, the rest was just him toying around with Ayame. We're considering however making the return to the blackmail a Clarke route thing, and the manipulation a Melvin route thing, will discuss with patrons!

I know that some sites do share versions of these games and such, but if I'm not willing to back, I really don't bother. I also realize that you never said anything would be public after the first demo, but what I don't see is any progress updates saying what is being done or why people should support.

What many Patreon devs have been doing is releasing older versions as the current free version and then when people play a version or two behind the current, they're like "Oh shit, this is really good, maybe I should support". With your demo, it was too short, the maps were confusing as fuck, Ayame seems like an ignorant, naive twit. With your demo, it's hard to get any real feel for the game. And if that's how you want to do things, by all means, proceed. I'm just thinking it could be executed better. And if your game is of as high quality as you claim, more people would be able to actually see that.

But that's just how I feel. It's not majorly important one way or another. Just trying to make a suggestion for the sake of discussion.
Will consider releasing the current version later on as it is expressive enough for a huge demo and kind of introduces MOST routes (sadly not all of them). Must be discussed with the rest of the team.

Could it be that these are different people?
I don't get the question.

Last edited:

Shiri garu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well I love the game so far and it's my top 3 games on this site that I eagerly want to play.

I don't know why Nytemare is so confused about the map since their is a map drawn inside the game folder. A map drawn inside the game folder. A map inside the game folder.(repeat it 3 times) XD but you can't fix stupid people.

So far the demo it's self has more content then most full games recently and the characters are drawn very well with the MC being very cute. I like the modern day life and her having choices of having multiple jobs and events.

Exa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

People are just cautious about Patreon now.
Before you could donate to the creators or buy the game once it's done. Nowadays (and thats also true for real games) you buy early access, you pay for unfinished products with no real guarantee the game will be finished one day.

After things like Breeding Season and shit it's normal.
Akabur's thread also has the same kind of treatment.

To gain trust you need to show transparency and progress. I guess that's why people like Yummy don't receive that much critics. Added to his Patreon format.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Later on she will be able to do things on her own accord, specially in other jobs, but you need to understand that Melvin is a fucking psychopath, he acted manipulatively just to be able to laugh at her face later on, he believes he'll get her one way or another, blackmail was always the main route for him, the rest was just him toying around with Ayame. We're considering however making the return to the blackmail a Clarke route thing, and the manipulation a Melvin route thing, will discuss with patrons!
That's interesting. Let us know how the internal discussion goes and you may as well gain some more followers.
In general, you should be more confident about your game. I don't see why are you so secretive about the progress. Even if the development is going slowly, being more open about it can only benefit you.
Right now, the only option for an outsider to see how far in the development you are is pirating your game. Getting an outdated version, without the latest fixes and patches, without the info for potential bugs and issues, serves only to misrepresent your game. Never heard of a developer losing something by treating well his player-base. And yes, even those who pirated your game are part of it.

I don't know why Nytemare is so confused about the map since their is a map drawn inside the game folder. A map drawn inside the game folder. A map inside the game folder.(repeat it 3 times) XD but you can't fix stupid people.
The fact that you need a drawn map in the game folder, means the game map layout is confusing. :/

To gain trust you need to show transparency and progress. I guess that's why people like Yummy don't receive that much critics. Added to his Patreon format.
True. You need look no further than Star Citizen to see how true this is.

Last edited:

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well I love the game so far and it's my top 3 games on this site that I eagerly want to play.

So far the demo it's self has more content then most full games recently and the characters are drawn very well with the MC being very cute. I like the modern day life and her having choices of having multiple jobs and events.
Let's clear a few things up here. I'm not confused about the map. I was saying the map design was poorly done. There's sort of a major difference.

As for demo content, if we're talking about the public demo? Then you're 100% incorrect about the demo having more content than most full games recently. I can recite nearly a hundred of games that have more content and many of them are unfinished. If we're talking about completed games, the list gets longer, and if we're talking about old games, the list grows again.

As it is, it would be great if a new free version gets approved, but if not, that's okay too. I'm glad I was wrong about the progress and that patrons are getting some patch updates recently.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's interesting. Let us know how the internal discussion goes and you may as well gain some more followers.
In sum, I questioned them about making some changes that would kind of meet what you said:

What someone proposed was, that we should make the return to blackmailing side of Melvin a Clarke route only thing, and for the Melvin route keep it on that sense of trying to get on Ayame's good side and continue being manipulative, this would make the routes even more unique and distinguished between eachother, this would also mean that the bar counter grope and rape scenes would be put just in Clarke's route, and Melvin's route would develop in some other way with other scenes.
We got some quick feedback and this one was particularly good:

Melvin can become the Foriegn father that she didn't have to chance to spend time with her growing up(Incest route), or she looks at Melvin as father figure slowly falling in love. Maybe showing up at the wedding giving the girl away!
Which was followed by:

I approve of this idea and I also like the idea of the NTR route where she starts falling for melvin cause he gives her better treatment. Make the changes
i like the father figure idea too especially the wedding idea the only thing is i don't like super hard NTR where the husband knows and is tortured by it so if he was ideally oblivious or was at the very least into the cuckold thing that would be good
So yeah, the current patch we're working on that is being released next week is not going to develop Melvin's route, we like to plan the patch ahead, wrap the plan and work on it, we won't make changes to this one, but two patches from now, the ending stages of Melvin's route will receive appropriate changes.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yes, I joined the 1$ pack and saw the discussion. I'll definitely upgrade when the version with the updated path rolls out.

BTW, on the promotional image with the cast, there is an old bald guy. Is he part of this game, or the future titles?

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I personally would "hate" if Melvin would be like a father figure, let alone her real father that was gone from home if I understood that correct. Not because incest, but because Melvin is Melvin. I know I once said she should be able to call out his dirty tricks. But we need those dirty tricks to let Melvin be the jerk he is. I mean what would Melvin be if Ayame (If her name is still correct) is seeing him as a father cuz he treats her good etc. Right, a boring old man who is kind to everyone. BTW that would make me hate Ayame for cheating on purpose and not falling for tricks too.

Sorry for bat english ..
(Insert the bad bat-meme here)

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I personally would "hate" if Melvin would be like a father figure, let alone her real father that was gone from home if I understood that correct. Not because incest, but because Melvin is Melvin. I know I once said she should be able to call out his dirty tricks. But we need those dirty tricks to let Melvin be the jerk he is. I mean what would Melvin be if Ayame (If her name is still correct) is seeing him as a father cuz he treats her good etc. Right, a boring old man who is kind to everyone. BTW that would make me hate Ayame for cheating on purpose and not falling for tricks too.
That was just some user's idea. I doubt they would try and implement every suggestion from the comment section.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for bat english ..
(Insert the bad bat-meme here)
Agreed, I think there are better characters to have a "love" ntr with, like husband's colleague for instance.

Froleytia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wait a Min why the heck did it this game change name now?