What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris (Former Ayame's Adventure)

Yes, I joined the 1$ pack and saw the discussion. I'll definitely upgrade when the version with the updated path rolls out.

BTW, on the promotional image with the cast, there is an old bald guy. Is he part of this game, or the future titles?
He's Robert's father, he'll show up soon.

I personally would "hate" if Melvin would be like a father figure, let alone her real father that was gone from home if I understood that correct. Not because incest, but because Melvin is Melvin. I know I once said she should be able to call out his dirty tricks. But we need those dirty tricks to let Melvin be the jerk he is. I mean what would Melvin be if Ayame (If her name is still correct) is seeing him as a father cuz he treats her good etc. Right, a boring old man who is kind to everyone. BTW that would make me hate Ayame for cheating on purpose and not falling for tricks too.

Sorry for bat english ..
(Insert the bad bat-meme here)
Yeah, no, Melvin is not her daddy or father figure. I mean, someone being her dad would be cool and all, but would be kind of a... Too much coincidence thing.

Agreed, I think there are better characters to have a "love" ntr with, like husband's colleague for instance.
Agreed. :rolleyes:

You should rename the game to Ayame's Purgatory. That would sum up your development cycle for this scam. You can call me a hater if you want, but I've worked in the gaming industry for five years now. The fact it takes you months to make a single scene in RPGMAKER is an insult to us who take our industry seriously.

Dropping the mic and going back to lurking.
Care to show us something you've did in those 5 years, anything really. Also, I have no idea what are you talking about taking a month to do one scene, you got the wrong circle here for sure, if you're gonna come out of Lurking, at least come with your facts straight.

Also, our posts ain't public because I made it public once by mistake, instantly regreted it the next day when I got up in the morning and saw the amount of... Really, there's no word to describe the level of idiocy that was displayed there so I'll call it a combi. The amount of combi that was written in one night was, just too much.

Last edited:

ozms03

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hi. Was wondering if theres any changes or updates done for the demo since it was last uploaded. Also, speaking of demo. I'm not sure if its just me but the demo you have up in Patreon for mega seems to be down.

Thanks and good luck in your project. :)

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hi. Was wondering if theres any changes or updates done for the demo since it was last uploaded. Also, speaking of demo. I'm not sure if its just me but the demo you have up in Patreon for mega seems to be down.

Thanks and good luck in your project. :)
The game has developed drastically since, maps were filled up with NPC's, some maps got major overhauls, there's about 7 new scenes, the story presents 3 more routes, there's a CG room and a debug room, many bugs were fixed, some scenes were rewritten and/or redrawn, a whole lot more story, overall there's easily twice the size of the demo story wise and hentai wise.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I need everybody to take a step back and stop derailing the topic right now. Either get back to talking about the game, or get out of the thread.

fedefyr2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Apologies in advance for adding to this, but i think this needs to be said.
First off, im so excited for the game, its one of the hentai games im super excited for, loved the promise the demo showed.

But heres my two cents about this whole ordeal with all the hatred. I dont know half of all the work that goes into making a hentai game, few people do, so I neither can nor will say the progress is slow or anything like that. I simply do not know what goes on behind the scenes. And neither do anyone else who claims you guys are just scammers. But heres the thing Heaven (i hope youre okay with me shortening your name): The way of using patreon like this for game developement is undeniably anti-consumer. Its great that people can support projects that they believe in in this manner, but the simple fact is that it is ultimately, undeniably, unbeneficial for you guys to be done with the project quickly or anytime soon. The longer you guys can get people to support the game, the more money you earn. Im not saying thats what you guys are doing, I see no reason to believe you do or you dont, but it is simply the undeniable truth. And thats why people are suspcious.

Anyhoo thats my two cents, i apologize for the long post, just kinda thought it needed to be said. Hope the developement goes well!

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Its great that people can support projects that they believe in in this manner, but the simple fact is that it is ultimately, undeniably, unbeneficial for you guys to be done with the project quickly or anytime soon. The longer you guys can get people to support the game, the more money you earn. Im not saying thats what you guys are doing, I see no reason to believe you do or you dont, but it is simply the undeniable truth. And thats why people are suspcious.
Incorrect. It is more profitable for almost every project to complete and release the game than it is to purposely delay a game to collect income monthly. That is the truth. Patreons that release completed content do significantly better than those who do not. That does not even take into account the selling of a completed game which can dwarf Patreon earnings if it does reasonably well.

So your "undeniable fact" is actually false. I won't waste more space in this thread debating this, but feel free to PM me if you'd like to further debate this. Although, a quick perusal of Patreons with completed content shows that they are bringing in more money on average. The patrons are also happier and more involved which is also a plus.

EDIT: Meatbag, if you have a problem with me, you can PM or post in Aylia's Story thread. This is not the place.

Last edited:
OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Apologies in advance for adding to this, but i think this needs to be said.
First off, im so excited for the game, its one of the hentai games im super excited for, loved the promise the demo showed.

But heres my two cents about this whole ordeal with all the hatred. I dont know half of all the work that goes into making a hentai game, few people do, so I neither can nor will say the progress is slow or anything like that. I simply do not know what goes on behind the scenes. And neither do anyone else who claims you guys are just scammers. But heres the thing Heaven (i hope youre okay with me shortening your name): The way of using patreon like this for game developement is undeniably anti-consumer. Its great that people can support projects that they believe in in this manner, but the simple fact is that it is ultimately, undeniably, unbeneficial for you guys to be done with the project quickly or anytime soon. The longer you guys can get people to support the game, the more money you earn. Im not saying thats what you guys are doing, I see no reason to believe you do or you dont, but it is simply the undeniable truth. And thats why people are suspcious.

Anyhoo thats my two cents, i apologize for the long post, just kinda thought it needed to be said. Hope the developement goes well!
Here's what most people get wrong, you're not supporting Fleeting Iris / Ayame's Adventure, you're supporting Heaven Studios, the circle, once we're done with this game we'll go into another one, and then another one, so on and so forth as long as we keep having support so there's absolutely no gain from slowing the game release, however...

Releasing a game in DLSite that has good reviews can net you 100k in one month, some games did WAY over that amount of money (as much as twice), if we decide to sell our game through multiple channels it's very likely that in 1 or 2 months we make more money than we'd make in over a year on Patreon.

That however is not gonna make us release any game any time sooner, we will release once we think the game is up to our standards, and I'd say Fleeting Iris, story wise is only about 15~20%.

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Releasing a game in DLSite that has good reviews can net you 100k in one month, some games did WAY over that amount of money (as much as twice), if we decide to sell our game through multiple channels it's very likely that in 1 or 2 months we make more money than we'd make in over a year on Patreon.
So why are you doing patreon then? :D

sporkster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi guys,

First of all, congratulations on the demo. It looks very promising. The artwork is of a superior quality to most and the story seemed very interesting. I'm purposely going to bypass the recent discussion and I'd mostly like to ask you a couple of questions.

... I'd say Fleeting Iris, story wise is only about 15~20%.
When you mentioned Fleeting Iris' story is 15-20% are you talking about the overall game progress to date or are estimating its contribution to the universe (5 games total?) you guys are creating ?

Has the demo changed during the last few months ? If so is the updated demo available to everyone or only to patrons?

Keep up the good work and stay well

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hi guys,

First of all, congratulations on the demo. It looks very promising. The artwork is of a superior quality to most and the story seemed very interesting. I'm purposely going to bypass the recent discussion and I'd mostly like to ask you a couple of questions.

When you mentioned Fleeting Iris' story is 15-20% are you talking about the overall game progress to date or are estimating its contribution to the universe (5 games total?) you guys are creating ?

Has the demo changed during the last few months ? If so is the updated demo available to everyone or only to patrons?

Keep up the good work and stay well
Hi,

Overall game progress to date. Yes, the game has progressed at least twice over the demo and many areas have been improved.

sporkster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi,

Overall game progress to date. Yes, the game has progressed at least twice over the demo and many areas have been improved.
I just finished playing the new version. It's more polished in general and flows smoothly. I ran into only one smallish bug : the selection indicator, the pointing glove icon, didn't show up on the bus stop menu. Its minor and nothing you can't get around.

I don't have access to your Patreon feed but it mentions a version 0.67. Is it version 0.67 of the demo or of the game?

A couple of pages back you mentioned the map being more filled out and the existence of 7 new scenes. Are those available to backers?

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So, I've played through your latest public version yesterday and there are some things i want to say about it :D

-Indicators for Quests (those little squares)
You don't need them, because every player should be intelligent enough
to figure out where to go without help, but if you want these indicators,
don't remove them later on without saying anything. I gotta admit that i was a little confused when I tried to find the location for the 7/11.

so, give a hint when these circles wont pop up anymore, use circles for the whole game or remove them completely :p

-Spawn points
It may be just me, but I didn't feel like there was a constant layout to the whole map. like if i want to go up one map, I should be able to go right, up and left to get to the same map as if i just went up one time.

But I gotta admit, I didnt really check if it works, but at least it didnt feel like it at all.

-Interface issue (small bug)
When the boss groped ayame for the first time, there was no button to see what option to pick...like, I've seen both options but i didnt really know what was currently selected.

-Art (more like my personal preference)
I'd personally go for a more vibrant color palette. I'm not talking about
recoloring everything but maybe turn up the saturation a little. Usually more vibrant colors stimulate the eyes of viewers even better :p

Sorry for starting off with the stuff I didn't like, I just feel like a comment like this is ways more useful than just saying "good job".

I really like your game, finally something thats not medievel age with magic :D Dialogues are well written and even the whole interface seemed to be reworked (btw i still like the art a lot ^^)

I'm really looking forward to this game :)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Incorrect. It is more profitable for almost every project to complete and release the game than it is to purposely delay a game to collect income monthly. That is the truth. Patreons that release completed content do significantly better than those who do not. That does not even take into account the selling of a completed game which can dwarf Patreon earnings if it does reasonably well.

So your "undeniable fact" is actually false. I won't waste more space in this thread debating this, but feel free to PM me if you'd like to further debate this. Although, a quick perusal of Patreons with completed content shows that they are bringing in more money on average. The patrons are also happier and more involved which is also a plus.
Well that's completely wrong. All you need is completed and displayed WORKS, not product. That's all that will pull in money. You need to, at best, put out a working demo, and that can be milked for far more than actually completing it. Patreon is, and always has been, a medium that is supposed to make the process easier for the creators, taken with a sacrifice by the consumer, who take it because they get to contribute to things they're a bit more 'involved' or 'interested' in, as a kind of investment. Problem is, 'gamers' are already a group who gets screwed in nearly every single way just at the triple A level, even more so at the indie level, and now, we're talking about the completely unrespected level of H indie games, and we want to add patreon onto that. It can be used responsibly, but every single time you or this author pops on to defend it, it really only ever comes off like shilling because of how little recognition is given to consumer-risk. Now, the problem is still buyer-beware as it always has been, so really, we can always point at them and say they're at fault for their own poor investments, but this process does allow them a lot more insight, regardless of how legitimate that actually is, and you've been on this forum before, and you've seen that the intellect ain't exactly high. Either that, or the greed and self-service of the users overrules it. Either way, I really do hope you're using Patreon responsibly. I'd much rather see products get finished, in this medium of such low-percentage of products ever being finished, on a platform that rewards people creators before the product is finished, a spit in the face of operant conditioning.

EDIT: Meatbag, if you have a problem with me, you can PM or post in Aylia's Story thread. This is not the place.
That is absolutely correct. If Meatbag is gonna sit here and pretend that the questions asked are actually ones he wants answered, he can't criticize people who come in to answer with off topic responses. Criticism is supposed to come from a place of based purely on what you know, knowing that you could know more. Questions asked by you can actually be answered the right way, and if you're not listening to that, then you're just here to criticize for the sake of criticizing, and if that's the case, I'll just start deleting your responses in this thread. YummyTigers own dealings with Patreon don't make any response immediately invalidated. If you want to actually answer Yummy, you do it like I did above, with actual criticism of what he's talking about, not of her. Meatbag, you're offtopic and being purely insulting, and I ask that you stick to conversation about THIS GAME in THIS THREAD.

Although, I will second your last question out of genuine interest

So why are you doing patreon then? :D
Yeah, this I'm curious about? Does the release of games on Patreon give you more of a feeling of creative control? That you can do more to stop piracy or something? I figure there's got to be some tradeoff that makes it a preferred platform to DLsite if DLsite will make you more money. Is it just that the money comes sooner, even if it's less overall? This way, it feels like you're being paid by the hour like a regular job, vs by contract? Cuz my brother makes video games, and I know he's on contract. And most consumers are under the impression that people get on Patreon because they need the money more, so it's just a question of sort of 'start-up' capital, in a way?

Last edited:
OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can answer that, and I can use both me and Yummy as examples.

Our (HS) game started from scratch a year and something ago, we had NOTHING game wise except a premise for the 5 game plan, well, and experience with the engine and the field but, game wise, nothing. Now for those who checked the latest version, you can see how far we've came, and that would be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE while working a full time somewhere else, Yummy on the other hand who I have the most faith in and I'm patiently dying to play his game, has been 2 years and a half on prologue patch, because he has a full time job, marriage, kids, but ultimately, stuff that gets in the way of creating.

If it wasn't for Patreon, Heaven Studios simply put wouldn't exist, nor Ayame's Adventure nor Fleeting Iris, nor would it ever, not a project this colossal and ambitious, there's just no way in hell I'd be able to work 10 hours a day +1 hour of lunch plus 7 hours of sleep, plus travels, plus everything else and still have time to work on the game.

Make no mistakes tho, selling a game as fast as possible, and smaller / less ambitious games would be way more profitable, but that's not why we started developing games, we got together because we believed we could make better games, or at least unique ones, we set out to do something and everything we've done so far has been in that direction.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Small BUMP but...

Right now we're going through some legal matters and illegal sharing of the latest version of our game, but once that is finished and it should be really soon, we're going to release the latest version with ULMF!

It's probably gonna be the latest public version we'll release FOR THIS GAME, but you guys are right and the demo doesn't really go in depth about what the game really is, and the current version will do a much better job at it, so, I can't promise you a date, hopefuly still this month, but once these legal issues are over I'm coming straight here to release it, and you can get it legitimately.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Thanks for the info. As someone who only played the original demo a long time ago, this is nice news. I'll be keeping an eye out for the release to see how much has changed. :)

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Small BUMP but...

Right now we're going through some legal matters and illegal sharing of the latest version of our game, but once that is finished and it should be really soon, we're going to release the latest version with ULMF!

It's probably gonna be the latest public version we'll release FOR THIS GAME, but you guys are right and the demo doesn't really go in depth about what the game really is, and the current version will do a much better job at it, so, I can't promise you a date, hopefuly still this month, but once these legal issues are over I'm coming straight here to release it, and you can get it legitimately.
How are you going to release? will it be with a fixed price, or only to patrons? and if selling it, where are you going to sell it?

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How are you going to release? will it be with a fixed price, or only to patrons? and if selling it, where are you going to sell it?
We haven't given it any thought yet, not are we well enough informed to do so.

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

When the game is released, or on the month it is released you can pay the patron fee they want to give you the full game, the month after (when they have received one payment from you) you can then stop your pledge. They get 20$, you get the game :)

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

When the game is released, or on the month it is released you can pay the patron fee they want to give you the full game, the month after (when they have received one payment from you) you can then stop your pledge. They get 20$, you get the game :)
Was going to try that, i am just not sure patreon is accepting cards from my country =S, but is worth a try since sometimes those things change constantly, BTW the demo version is v0.50b right? what is the current patreon version? just out of curiosity