Re: Hate Thread

But then yer clothes will be CLEAN!

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I hate newgrounds. I liked them, because unlike with other sites, you could look at comments of the game before loading the game. Now they removed that. And the "hide the game" button doesn't work.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yes the new layout of Newgrounds is... not as good in my opinion. I don't know why they changed it.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Agree'd, I hate the new layout. It feels like a step back.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Especially since some movies don't even have preloaders

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

And then, of course, you also have to know which artists to not look at because all they make is seizure-inducing vomit.

And then there are still people who load flash there simply to get a virus spread.

And YES, it still happens. Happened to me once already this year, and at least 3 times last year. I'm just glad I keep things backed up and have a friend who's good with computer virus removal.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i hate sweetbreads...

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate that I finished watching Avatar. I miss that show already.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I hate the OS in my new(samsung) phone. Things you can do by pushing one button:
create sms
create email
go to my messages
change background
change ringtone
check calendar
turn bluetooth on
go to my folder
play mp3's
turn on radio
change settings
set an alarm
check what time it is in timbuktu
use calculator
convert money
change security settings
check call log
use javaworld
(and a few others)

things you can't use:
camera

Because, you know, anyone might need to change settings or check what time it is in timbuktu in less than five seconds it takes to choose it normally. Completely unlike camera. I mean, there's just no possible situation where someone might want to use a camera without taking 10 seconds to do so. No-one's going to want to take picture of, say, an accident or anything, right?

Pale

Reputation score

I hate.. self-obsession. It's claiming more and more of my friends, people I respect, like, and generally want to be around.

It starts slow. They have a bad day. They get dumped. They get cheated on. They talk about it. They feel better. Except.. they don't. They keep talking about it, and how crap it makes them feel. The next day. The next week. Their situation seems to just get worse and worse, and they can't possibly do anything about it - anything they do would just make it worse.

Then the paranoia. They're being targeted. Some divine being doesn't like them. Everyone else is playing games with them. Everyone else is out to get them. Someone has stolen all their left shoes.

Then they change their name, online identity. Words like "Dark", "Depressed", "Shadow", or "Worthless" start to creep into their usernames. They develop strange mental disorders only they can recognise and diagnose. They develop a "Dark" alternate personality.

Then they won't leave you alone. If you're online, the siege is on. Fought with not catapults, but with PMs, instant messengers, voice chats. "Even if you can't speak, can you please listen for me?"

It contaminates their online dealings. Games you used to play with them, and enjoyed. Shared interests. Before long, everything just seems full of crap. Their viewpoints bleed into yours, and -you- get depressed.

...I hate that. And I especially hate that it doesn't have to be that way. People who suffer real tragedy... they move on, they live with it. Not everyone has to cry, not everyone has to spiral into darkness and despair. They do this to themselves, and it takes everyone around them with it. I can't stand this.

P

Last edited:

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate.. self-obsession. It's claiming more and more of my friends, people I respect, like, and generally want to be around.

It starts slow. They have a bad day. They get dumped. They get cheated on. They talk about it. They feel better. Except.. they don't. They keep talking about it, and how crap it makes them feel. The next day. The next week. Their situation seems to just get worse and worse, and they can't possibly do anything about it - anything they do would just make it worse.

Then the paranoia. They're being targeted. Some divine being doesn't like them. Everyone else is playing games with them. Everyone else is out to get them. Someone has stolen all their left shoes.

Then they change their name, online identity. Words like "Dark", "Depressed", "Shadow", or "Worthless" start to creep into their usernames. They develop strange mental disorders only they can recognise and diagnose. They develop a "Dark" alternate personality.

Then they won't leave you alone. If you're online, the siege is on. Fought with not catapults, but with PMs, instant messengers, voice chats. "Even if you can't speak, can you please listen for me?"

It contamines their online dealings. Games you used to play with them, and enjoyed. Shared interests. Before long, everything just seems full of crap. Their viewpoints bleed into yours, and -you- get depressed.

...I hate that. And I especially hate that it doesn't have to be that way. People who suffer real tragedy... they move on, they live with it. Not everyone has to cry, not everyone has to spiral into darkness and despair. They do this to themselves, and it takes everyone around them with it. I can't stand this.

P
Jesus Hellion Christ, talk about deep.

Still, I feel ya. Always good to be optimistic, just don't border idiotic if you are.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Woops, didn't realize my pilfering of left shoes was causing such problems. Maybe I should give them back, Nah.

I also hate that though. It's like they actually want to drag you down with them into their despair. While you're trying to hold on to the ledge with your one unbroken arm.

Lurker
Reputation score

Misery loves company, so long as it can make sure it's company is miserable too.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Damn it Newbie. You stole my quote.

And I think you're being a little too nice to people who develop that, Pale. The people who do that want to become like this. It makes them feel edgy. As if being depressed makes them a part of society. Then other people around that individiual see that depression and think to themselves, "Huh. That looks so sophisticated. Being whiny must be being normal," and then they do it too.

However, I don't think optimism is the key either. It's more along the lines of apathy. It like feeding a troll. The more you let them in, the more they grow. The more you show how much you don't care, the more they'll learn that not everything is about them.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

It contaminates their online dealings. Games you used to play with them, and enjoyed. Shared interests. Before long, everything just seems full of crap. Their viewpoints bleed into yours, and -you- get depressed.

P
wait......

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I hate it when people ask me for advice, and then just forget I even said anything.
Especially when my friends do it.

It's like:
-"Should I get console A, or B?"
--"Well, B overheats in a matter of seconds, so..."
-"I think I'll get B."
--"...alright."
~Later~
-"ARGH! I can't go 5 minutes without crashing? Why didn't this thing come with an overheat warning!"
--" . . . "
/facepalm

...and various similar cases.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I hate how Code Geass ended so abruptly,

Best Mecha anime IMO. Soo much to consider... War tacics, traps, the Knightmares and weapon systems... So many headaches I gave myself invisioning current parameters and ways around them while still attempting to stay within the ever shifting rules in the ready made world of Geass

It was beautiful to look at and stimulated my logial side... And now its gone...

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate how Code Geass ended so abruptly,

Best Mecha anime IMO. Soo much to consider... War tacics, traps, the Knightmares and weapon systems... So many headaches I gave myself invisioning current parameters and ways around them while still attempting to stay within the ever shifting rules in the ready made world of Geass

It was beautiful to look at and stimulated my logial side... And now its gone...
This to the n^n^n^nth, where n is an integer > 1.
(Even if 'best mecha anime' isn't saying much...)
Unfortunately I can also see why they did it. There's only so much genius you can come up with on short notice, and trying to keep creating Zero-level strategy for an indefinite period would not be humanly possible. In fact, you can see them beginning to falter near the end of the series - in one of the last few episodes, the bad guy, even while knowing that he's up against Zero, still decides to fight over a volcano. Yes, I will grant you that blowing it up would have destroyed - and did destroy - as much of Zero's force as it did whats’isface's... but still. I'm sure there were other examples, but I can't remember them.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

P
So true... so very very true.