What's new

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

I hate disappointing people. Growing up, scolding and yelling never worked on me. Yelling at me just makes me defiant, reclusive, and spiteful. Nagging just annoys me. But disappointment? That makes me feel awful and to try to make up for it double time. What's even worse than ...strategic disappointment is genuine disappointment. Not doing anything wrong but just saying something and then hearing the surprise and disappointment in someone's voice.

I had a long talk with my dad today, and that's what I got. He had been hoping I could come visit him this weekend for a while. He lives alone and we're probably the closest. I call like at least once a week to talk as much as I can. But I just can't go right now. I'm overwhelmed and stretched thin by my work. I'm behind and scraping to stay afloat and really stressed out. Now just isn't a good time for a 7 hour drive back and forth. He knows my career keeps me away too, and he's fine with that. Still, there was just something about hearing the disappointment and helplessness in his voice when I told him and knowing how long it would be until I'd be able to come see him again. It's like not doing anything wrong but disappointing someone by being yourself. And there's nothing I can do about it. Maybe it's like a realization that I'm not a little girl anymore, and I can't just come whenever I want. I don't know. Gosh, it sure felt awful.

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

A good way around that feeling is to stay positive.. You just gotta promise to yourself (and maybe him too) that you'll do your best to make up for lost time, and visit him some other time ASAP...

It's okay to feel bad, even if you can't help the situation, that bad feeling merely signifies your love for your father, the feeling comes from heartache, not from having disappointed someone...

As long as you know you are loyal and sweet, you can overcome that feeling and keep ANY promise you make..

I believe in you, and your father does too, so hang in there. ;)

Last edited:

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

Feels wierd making 2 posts in a row but it can't be helped, noone's visited this thread in a while and I've got something new to rant about..

You know what I hate?..

My f*cking brain..

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS GET THE BEST IDEAS AND MAKE ME SO MENTALLY ENERGETIC RIGHT WHEN I NEED TO GO TO BED?!

It's like, I spend the entire day in thought, but then right when the clock hits 1 hour from bed-time, *ping* it's like I understand the meaning of the universe all the sudden, but by the time I ever get around to trying to facilitate any of these fresh and wonderful ideas that flow in my brain effortlessly, I'm restrained by the chains of bed-time and have to struggle to fall asleep, daydreaming myself to sleep..

And if I defy myself and stay up anyway? It's like the same strange cosmic force that gave me this awesome mental power sees me defying him, and he cuts off the flow to my brain and I become brainless, lazy, and I oversleep terribly..

I usually end up going in between.. I'll stay up 30 minutes past my bed-time just sitting there anxiously seeing if my brain-powers will stay.. .. They never do, but I always stay up anyway to try and use them while I can before they get cut out.

Obsidious

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I hate sleep in general, or at least going and stopping to. Especially if you have a treacherous whore of a biological clock like me. Should be easy though, right? Just some discipline, and getting up regularly at the same time shouldn't be a problem...

Every two or three weeks or so I have to stay up two days in a row or so in order to force myself into a "normal" sleep pattern. After all, oversleeping is wasting half a day. The worst instance though is when I go to bed early, say 10 p.m., manage to sleep, wake up at 2.30 a.m. again, can't sleep for 2 hours or so, then oversleep until 1 p.m. because I hadn't deemed it necessary (take THAT, grammar nazis!) to use an alarm clock because it was going to be a sunday and I should be able to wake up after only a few more hours now, after all. That is, if sleep wasn't my worst enemy! Now on to the latter half of the day ...

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I hate when I go to post something, get distracted by something else, forget that I haven't actually posted, and close the tab that had my not-yet-submitted post on it.
Yeah it's usually saved so I can just go back and open that tab from history and still have it all there, but it's irksome.
Especially when it's a really long post, 'cause Murphy makes sure THOSE don't get saved.

Obsidious

Reputation score

I always copy all before posting or sending an email, no matter how long the text. If I forget even once, the browser/mail app/whatever is bound to crash, it seems.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I fucking hate it when my friends want me to play a game with them, and then everybody is off playing solo hero, not inviting me to group or anything for a week, and then a week later they wonder why I'm not playing with them.

Bonus points if the game took 2 hours to download and another 4 to install + update.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

tooth abcesses. These are my biggest hate right now. I think I'm getting one on my far back molar on the top left side.

My next dentist appointment is next monday, so I have to hang on. blugh. -takes Motrin-

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Hang in there chibi!

Unnatural Kiwi

Sex Demon
Reputation score

My neighbors above me had some washer/dryer shenanigans, which ended up causing a river to pour through the floor down to mine in some way or another. My washer/dryer area was flooded as well as part of my living room. You can even see some discoloration on my ceiling from it.

^ This is what I'm more or less told by management of the apartment complex through the phone on the last day of my vacation requesting access to my apartment to fix the issue.

Luckily I didn't have anything on the floor in that area.

Dusty

Totaly not actualy a Moderator
Reputation score

I fucking hate it when my friends want me to play a game with them, and then everybody is off playing solo hero, not inviting me to group or anything for a week, and then a week later they wonder why I'm not playing with them.

Bonus points if the game took 2 hours to download and another 4 to install + update.
Is dat some PS3 I'm seeing?

Speaking of which, anyone else pissed at Microsoft's plan to replace retail discs with this Games On Demand bullshit?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Is dat some PS3 I'm seeing?

Speaking of which, anyone else pissed at Microsoft's plan to replace retail discs with this Games On Demand bullshit?
1) Nope, I have a crap-top, and MMO games are freaking huge.

2) linky?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not at all. Digital distribution, if properly handled (Steam) at least, is superior in every way to retail as far as I can tell. I don't have to leave my house, I don't have to wait an extra two weeks for the discs to come out of a factory, I can't lose a digital copy unless I lose my account (if done properly mind, the number of installs crap isn't something I take into account having not run into it yet,) it's cheaper to produce (and therefore hopefully cheaper for me to buy,) the people making the game get some of the money I spend (as opposed to buying a used copy at Gamestop,) and I don't have to worry about load times nearly as much when the console's loading it off of the hard drive.

This is all assuming Microsoft does digital distribution with games on demand the way that it should be done, which they haven't so far and probably won't in the future. I want to see significantly lower prices, and right now I see games on there for $30 that I could get for $20 or less if I bought them used at Gamestop.

Still, I'm not pissed about it. Just sort of "eh, could be good, but will probably be meh."

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I despise people who think software is the root of all evil.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I hate when someone asks me to talk to someone else for them, doesn't tell me everything that has been going on, which means I have to go back and ask about it, and they decide that instead of providing me with information, they just act like I'm not there.

HOW CAN I HELP FIX SOMETHING WHEN YOU DON'T GIVE ME THE TOOLS TO FIX IT. I CAN'T HAMMER A NAIL INTO A BOARD WITHOUT A HAMMER, OR EVEN A HAMMER-LIKE OBJECT.
..... well, okay, I can try, but it'll be all awkward and take so long that by the time I finish the whole reason why I was hammering the nail into the board will be lost to all of us.

wazzup

Reputation score

I hate people that are better than me. Well, more like I am QQ-ing about getting pwned in LoL.

Let me re-phrase: I hate myself when I lose in a game that is meant for chillaxing and enjoyment.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Haven't heard much about the whole game on demand thing, but if they are doing that, and they're doing it for consoles, they're going to have to do something about the space they take up. My Xbox, being a basic version, can't even store two demos without going "Nope, I'm full!" which forces me to stuff them on zip drives. Also, I agree with Tass. If you distribute it that way, thus eliminating the need for a box, cover art, and an instruction manual, cut the fricking price. You should not have to pay more/the same amount for a downloaded game as you do for something three dimensional, so to speak. Especially if you want it to catch on.

Also, I hate how Koei keeps fucking up the Dynasty Warriors series. DW7, the latest installment, is the first one that has not been 2-player co-op since, I think, DW2 (though I could be wrong. It's been a while.) If you want 2 player co-op you have to either beat every stage in the story mode solo FIRST or buy Xtreme Legends and do the whole remix thing, which *still* forces you to beat the story mode solo first. And even then, you don't get to go through story mode in co-op, you select a stage *from* story mode, play it, and go back to stage selection.

-_-

Not to mention I agree with the folks that were bitching about the remix thing. Every frigging time that you want to play DW7X remixed, you have to do the whole disc swap thing. Every frigging time. In a world where I can go onto my gaming network of choice and go "gimme this game...now" we shouldn't have to be swapping discs. Store something on the console. Or just...make Xtreme content downloadable or...something! Cripes. Annoying as fuck.

And! I got all excited because Warriors Orochi 3 was slated to come out this week, I think. Maybe next. Either way... I'm like oooh! More death, mayhem, and hot men! So I happen to notice that it's on PSN for $49.99, which is about 10 bucks cheaper than the guy in Gamestop quoted me. But I figure I'll wait until it goes on sale, use my GC, and then get 142 (or was it 162? Anyway...) characters to go crazy-eight-bonkers with, along with my friend. Well, she and I are discussing it on the phone and she looks it up on Gamestop's site and she's like "Err? It's only for the 360?" "Can't be. It's on PSN, too." "Nope, Gamestop's only got the disc for 360." *much head scratching* She investigates. Turns out, Sony will not be releasing a "hard copy" of the game because...and y'all will love this...

IT'S NOT TRANSLATED.

Now, granted, I don't know if that means they're not going to have subtitles either, but they are not DUBBING the game. We have not found any remarks as to whether or not the 360 version is the same way, but Sony is only making it available through digital download because the game is only available with the Japanese voice actors.

Seriously makes me want to fly to Japan and smack some of those executives around with a Nerf bat. One bad decision after another, at least in my eyes. Okay, I think I'm done. For now.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I actually had a conversation about this not too long ago. Koei keeps cutting back on the whole Warriors series with each entry, especially for North American audiences, saying we don't buy enough copies to make it worth their time.

Perhaps if they started catering more to western audiences, instead of turning further and further away with each title, more people would buy the games.

For example: Warriors Legends of Troy was made by a Canadian developer and published by Koei to try and appeal to Western Audiences by taking the famous style of gameplay, and putting it in a hugely known Western story (Trojan War). Even throwing it an M rating with blood and guts to boot. I was hugely excited for this installment... then they cancelled the North American version for 360. Hunh? Wasn't this entry supposed to be the one that brought in Western gamers? Why cancel North America's version on 360?

Now Orochi 3 will not be translated. If they had only done that for Japanese and Chinese characters, I wouldn't have a problem. But no, even Achilles and Joan of Arc speak only Japanese, not Greek and French respectively.

That whole series bugs me more and more with each entry. It's something I would love, if they actually started trying again.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, given they use the same gameplay over and over again and there's little variation, I can see why they'd be losing their audiences. Now, granted, I'm not exactly complaining about this, given that I've been playing it since DW2, but I can see how people would be turned off by this. On the other hand, how many variations can they make on, say, the Madden franchise, really, and yet, they continue to pump those out every year.

One commenter, in my friend's search for answers, made a crack about the reason that WO3 wasn't translated was because Koei didn't want to find 142 VAs to handle the dubbing. Which, while funny, if you know anything about the games, is a load of crap, because the same VA will do at least 2 or 3 (if not more) voices in the game.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Friday afternoon: Buy 4 pint bottle of milk.
Saturday Morning: Making bowl of cereal. Discover that the new bottle is half gone already. Use about 100ml of milk.
Sunday Morning: All milk is gone. Have to put cereal back in pack.

Brother hasn't had any milk at all. Sister's favourite pint glass is put out for washing up. Milk residue.

ಠ_ಠ