ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Internet Dating

You can have him.

Should be an option for those who won't use one, but don't think it's entirely stupid.
I agree

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Does your jealousy know no bounds? Sinful and I haven't even gotten intimate, or near it, and yet you most show yourself.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm indifferent. Please, have fun. Even though you think internet dating is stupid.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You're too obvious, sweetie. Please, for both our sakes, you have to let it go.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

Well meeting people from internet dating works pretty suprisingly well usualy actually.

It isn't really that much different from the 80's newspaper love seeking stuff and the TV text chat romance seekings.

Though in nets size scale is bit more anoying though due of the whole swarming that tends to happen.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

It probably all depends on the area, IMO.

In a suburban city, or even an urban one, it's probably best to just go out and meet someone. low-population urban and rural areas, I could see dating sites being useful, due to the distance between people.

Poked around a couple of dating sites as a result of seeing this thread, and I gotta say, if they're accurate, the girls in my area are pretty damn whorish. At least they look to be that way.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

the girls in my area are pretty damn whorish.
Yer gonna find a couple whorish girls no matter where ye look. And I doubt some of those "Luvyalngtme" tags with pictures that they slap on advertisements are actually from yer area.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yer gonna find a couple whorish girls no matter where ye look. And I doubt some of those "Luvyalngtme" tags with pictures that they slap on advertisements are actually from yer area.
"Horny girls in your area looking to fuck!"

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ye sound like yer a pirate! Arrr~

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm trying to remember which site either had advertisements for or it was an advertisement against one of the sites. Might have been against Match.Com or Cupid.com (those ones are big in my area) and it shows this guy standing there, looking at a playboy or something and he closes it up and shrugs and goes "Nope, still gay." And it was about how one of the sites didn't cater to same sex relationship finding.

On a note related to the topic...yeah, I've heard success stories about online dating. My mother tried out one of the sites (did the free bit, where you could see potential matches, even message them, but if you wanted to arrange dates, you had to pay for a subscription.) Every now and then, she'd call me in to show me some of their "great" matches for her. Not to mention it was through one of those sites that she met a guy that basically got a little stalkerish on her. They talked on the phone a couple of times and went out on a date once and she admitted to me that he made some rather off-color comments around her. Mom decided that she just still wasn't ready to do something like this (she's been a widow for five years now) so she went over to the guy's house to talk to him about it (which my aunt lambasted her for) and he got sort of needy/clingy/"It's me, isn't it?" on her, called her twice more after that (the one time, he got to talk to me and all he got was "She's not home." and he's trying to get all chummy with *me*), and then sent her an email informing her of what he found when he searched her on google because he was "concerned about it." Apparently he'd googlestalked her back when they first talked, which nowadays isn't *all* that strange, but for him to keep it up... Thankfully, mom knows this P.I. and he gave her a reply to give the guy via email that, in short, told him "You're being a creep. Stop bothering me." Though nicer than that *laughs*

Best thing that came out of it was when he made a comment to mom about her not being worried about going out with him. She just sort of smiled and said "Well, I have people that know I'm here." And he sort of dismissed it and went "Friends, huh?" "Oh no. Well, the friends know. First, you'd have to deal with my daughter. The friends would get what was left..."

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

It probably all depends on the area, IMO.

In a suburban city, or even an urban one, it's probably best to just go out and meet someone. low-population urban and rural areas, I could see dating sites being useful, due to the distance between people.

Poked around a couple of dating sites as a result of seeing this thread, and I gotta say, if they're accurate, the girls in my area are pretty damn whorish. At least they look to be that way.
Yeah, of the one's that weren't amusing, the results were typically the sterotypical farm girl which seems to be all we have around here and that I'd never date.

Granted, seeing as they were simi-spam emails, all they had to go on was my zip code, but still x.x

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ye sound like yer a pirate! Arrr~
I type like this a lot. Dunno why, just do. Though pirate wasn't really my intentions.

Best thing that came out of it was when he made a comment to mom about her not being worried about going out with him. She just sort of smiled and said "Well, I have people that know I'm here." And he sort of dismissed it and went "Friends, huh?" "Oh no. Well, the friends know. First, you'd have to deal with my daughter. The friends would get what was left..."
This made me smile, favorite part of the story.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

STRAIGHT WHITE MALE LOOKING FOR MODERATELY ATTRACTIVE WHITE FEMALE WITH A TOLERANCE FOR THE FOLLOWING FETISHES:

• tentacles
  • guro
  • scat
  • loli

PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH MY AIM. MY MOMMY WON'T LET ME GIVE OUT MY PHONE NUMBER.

lol go outside

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It would be fine if everyone used internet dating. The issue is that the people that use internet dating are the people that have not had much success with the normal way of meeting people, and therefore has a much larger than average proportion of anti-social, creepy, and awkward people.

fuzzy

Lurker
Reputation score

I've used OKcupid off and on for a few years now, and I've never gotten into a relationship with someone from it, but I have made some friends that I hang out with regularly off it. And for a funny series of coincidences every time I try to use it to get a date I end up finding someone IRL before I get a chance to try anyone from OKC.

I do get plenty of responses though, and I'll agree with what was said earlier that standing out is the best way to go.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

anti-social, creepy, and awkward people.
I would fall under the last one, aika. Especially around girls. :(

Reputation score

I havean e harmany account but For the most part there arnt anyone in my area within 100 miles that match me and over all I can't really do much with it cause its a free thing.

I'm like four years behind people my own age when it comes to knowing what to do socially or so people tell me. Luckily I was at a pool hall and I ran into my Best friend from Elementry and middle school and shes like Dude your 21 and you still don't have a girlfriend we need to teach you how to talk to woman.

I might try ok cupid if its free I tend to be mad anti social or too Clingy in general