What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Delexicus

Reputation score
I'm not sure about MGB, but I'm assuming that if there haven't been updates in this thread about them then they aren't being worked on. With that being said, I personally don't have much of an interest to translate them. I don't really fancy the girls in either of those games. It's why I chose to do Irene over them.
MGB is still being worked on, we are just a bit overextended due to our personal lives taking up too much of our time.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Has "Overthrow! The Great Demoness" been translated yet?
Icevail made a partial and it's stored in the MEGA repository if that's what you mean. There was another forum member who was interested in giving the translating a go who joined the Translators Corner. He hasn't posted in a while so I can't give you an update on that end though.

And thanks for cleaning up the Moody Niece section of The JSK Community Guide. Your efforts are appreciated by many. Myself especially.

KRU

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Icevail made a partial and it's stored in the MEGA repository if that's what you mean. There was another forum member who was interested in giving the translating a go who joined the Translators Corner. He hasn't posted in a while so I can't give you an update on that end though.
Ye I saw that but I thought it might have progressed since then and I didn't notice it

And thanks for cleaning up the Moody Niece section of The JSK Community Guide. Your efforts are appreciated by many. Myself especially.
No worries, it still needs some cleanup tho and "fondness" is actually the arrow gauge while the right bar is "attention" I think

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
There was another forum member who was interested in giving the translating a go who joined the Translators Corner.
Ye I saw that but I thought it might have progressed since then and I didn't notice it
Which is why I halted doing any work on it, I assumed that fellow would finish up the parts I left untouched. :unsure:
If it hasn't been progressed since, then its still pretty much in same state as I left in it.

Delexicus

Reputation score

No worries, it still needs some cleanup tho and "fondness" is actually the arrow gauge while the right bar is "attention" I think
I'm curious. Is the pictured translation for Maki injected into the game, or was it an overlay you made specific to the screen capture?

KRU

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm curious. Is the pictured translation for Maki injected into the game, or was it an overlay you made specific to the screen capture?
was just an overlay for the screenshot.
I'm not into translating stuff since it would only be google translated, but if those buttons for example are needed, or any other graphic of this game needs editing, I could make that.

Delexicus

Reputation score
was just an overlay for the screenshot.
I'm not into translating stuff since it would only be google translated, but if those buttons for example are needed, or any other graphic of this game needs editing, I could make that.
Hmm, we do have a few SVG images that need to have an English version made up. For Maki specifically the title needs to have an English equivalent.

It should read Caring for a Moody Niece. I'm not sure if you are familiar with editing SVG shapes though. They require an SVG editor like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape. Let me know if you are interested. Also, Great Demon lord needs about eleven SVG images translated as well.

Attachments

KRU

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It should read Caring for a Moody Niece. I'm not sure if you are familiar with editing SVG shapes though. They require an SVG editor like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape. Let me know if you are interested. Also, Great Demon lord needs about eleven SVG images translated as well.
Been a while since I last used Illustrator, but I can give it a shot and you just say if you like it or not. About the proofreading, I guess whenever I find time for it I could also see what I can do there.
How should the spacing and text in the Title be exactly?
Caring
for a
Moody Niece?

Delexicus

Reputation score
Been a while since I last used Illustrator, but I can give it a shot and you just say if you like it or not. About the proofreading, I guess whenever I find time for it I could also see what I can do there.
How should the spacing and text in the Title be exactly?
Caring
for a
Moody Niece?
I think that spacing would work to get all three text colors in play. One thing to note about Adobe Illustrator. FFDEC is quite particular about how SVGs are formatted to import them properly. Gradients in particular get mangled sometimes. Adobe illustrator 2018 v22.0.1.249 x64 has the best compatibility I've found so far.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I finally finished the first draft of the SFX Auto Replacer. It was a lot more work, and a lot more complicated to make than I had originally thought. The basic principle for how the SFX Auto Replacer works is as follows. SFX in JSK games are almost always bracketed on either side by some kind of punctuation. E.G. {. SFX; - ,SFX, - <br>SFX♥}. I used this to make search and replace rules in PowerGREP to search for all the punctuation brackets I could find. I've found 26 variants so far. Filling out 26 variants for each SFX was going to be an unreasonable amount of manual labor, so I decided to semi automate the process.

The SFX Auto Replacer (hence forth referred to as SAR) requires six distinct parts to assemble the functioning SAR. I will explain them all in turn.

Base Template
Dictionary Template Editor
Dictionary Files
Variable Restocker
SAR Assembler
Unicode Normalizer
Assembled SAR

Base Template

The first step in automating the process was to make a base template with all the punctuation bracketed variables that would be later replaced with the Japanese SFX and English SFX. These variables are Find_Jap_1, Find_Jap_っ_2, Replace_Uppercase_Eng, Replace_Lowercase_Eng. I am able to determine whether to use English uppercase or lowercase by what punctuation is preceding the variables. E.G. {. Replace_Uppercase_Eng, - , Replace_Lowercase_Eng.}. If I find new punctuation brackets in the future, I could add them to the Variable Base Template.

Dictionary Template Editor and Dictionary Files

The Dictionary Template Editor is a simple PowerGREP action file that has only four lines. They are used to replace the four variables in the Base Template file. After I input the four variables, I save the action file and it is now considered a Dictionary File.

SAR Assembler and Variable Restocker

The SAR Assembler uses a PowerGREP sequence of actions to…

1.) Replace the Base Template variables with SFX from the Dictionary Files.
2.) Insert fresh variable lines into the Base Template via the Variable Restocker.
3.) Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all Dictionary Files are inserted.

The Variable Restocker does a single search and replace. it searches for the line following all the inserted Dictionary files (<sectioning sectiontype="whole file"/>), then Replaces that line with a copy of itself plus all the variables found in the Base Template. This allows the next dictionary file to have fresh variables to work with.

Unicode Normalizer

And voila, you have a completed SAR. Or… you almost did. There is one last thing that has to be considered before the SAR will work reliably. Japanese characters and keyboards have their own entries in Unicode for English Letters, Numbers, and Symbols. The Base Template either has to bloat to accommodate these different Unicode sets, or… a supplemental action file is needed that replaces all Alternative English Unicode entries with their English counter parts. This has the added benefit of allowing replacement fonts to work more reliably as well.

After some thought, I realized that the Unicode Normalizer could be integrated into the beginning of the Base Template and no other changes would be required to finish the SAR.

And there you have it. A completed SFX Auto Replacer that cuts down on the grunt work of translating significantly. This same process can be used to replace common stand alone words in Japanese as well.

example common stand alone words
ojisan = uncle
otousan = dad
okaasan = mom
ojiisan = grandpa
obaasan = grandma

I have a small amount of Common phrases input into a separate Auto Replacer.

The SAR currently looks for 1,836 different ways a SFX can be bracketed between two different punctuations. I will be adding more SFX to the SAR whenever I have time. Once I'm confident it is relatively bug free, I'll release it for everyone to use as they see fit. It is currently configured to find the most matches from Donocad's parcer .txt files. It can only be used with PowerGREP currently. Maybe in the future when I learn more about coding I'll make it into a stand alone program or script.

Here are the total number of catches the Unicode Normalizer, SAR, and Common Phrases Auto Replacer have in Caring for a Moody Niece

Unicode NormalizerSFX Auto ReplacerCommon Phrases Auto Replacer

I hope that this was an interesting read. Let me know if any of you have questions.

EDIT 1:

I spent the last bit of my weekend making up more Dictionary files and filling in the base template in a more systematic way. I now have 95 Dictionary Files and 55 punctuation bracket variants in the base template now. It may not be until next weekend before I can work on the SAR some more. This was a very large chunk of the data entry I did today though, so not much more before it's closer to 95% fighting fit.

A side note. After thinking about how Flash files store their scripts, I realized that this SAR would work on any exported action script. Or even the raw .swf files if you decompress them first with some FFDEC command line options. Even without going through Donocad's parser. So if you prefer to do your translation editing in FFDEC, this SAR will work for you. Just export the action scripts with FFDEC, Run the SAR through PowerGREP on said action scripts, then copy and paste the action scripts back into FFDEC. This would definitely be more work than using Donocad's parser though, so if at all possible utilize Donocad's parser, or the parser created files . After I finish making the SAR, I'll also request Donocad to import just the SAR translation back into JSK's games.

That's it for tonight, I'm quite tired and need to call it quits so I'm not cranky at work tomorrow.

EDIT 2:

Before I forget, I want to thank @Burningscarlet For coming up with the idea of a SFX Auto Replacer in the first place. And it turns out it was a pretty good (if complicated to execute) idea too.

Last edited:

Puke56

Reputation score
Do you guys upload your progress regularly?

I've just started fiddling around with JPEXS FFDecompiler, up until I used the Find tool and lost a good bit of the changes I made. 😭
I'd like to see how you guys handle some of the buttons and translations.
I f***** up the opening story part too lol

Progress 1.png Error 1.png

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I've just started fiddling around with JPEXS FFDecompiler, up until I used the Find tool and lost a good bit of the changes I made.
Oh, I know that pain. :eek:
Pressed save, but only to notice I pressed the wrong save, and poof, all progress I've had done was gone.
Or having the flash running on the background while editing it and then pressing save, broke the main script of the flash and ruined the game. (translated as I played the game)

I made those two mistakes quite often when I was starting with JPEXS.

Attached pic is how I went with the UI, Intro and some of the dialogue, simple and gets the job done, but maybe not as appealing as it could be.

In the Intro, I could have gone more along with;
---------------------------------------------------------------
Kusuda Maki
My niece that fell in love with me.
She is now living with me in my house.

She moved in with me since my home was close to her school,
but the real reason was her father's new wife,
the two did not get along with one another.

That's how our story together begun.

We had no trouble living with one another,
until I came across a piece of paper I shouldn't have.
----------------------------------------------------------------

But I was lazy and did it the way shown in the attached pic.

I didn't touch the guide texts like you did, since I really did not need those to be translated,
those tend always to be the same in all other JSK games,
play one and you know what those are in the rest of the 'franchise'.

And I see you also went with Order*H / Order*Undress on the meirei's,
I personally felt like I should go with the simple approach, 'Strip' and 'H Acts', etc.

If you want to compare the differences or exchange data regarding the translation, feel free to send me a PM,
we can handle the rest there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Donocad

Reputation score
I was holding this exclusivity for a (ongoing) polished translation of Maki's dialogue, but if it can save a bit of time for others…

Here is some pics of Maki, with almost all of the .swf 's assets fully translated. The shapes needs some editing, and the buttons some re-positioning.

Like what I just said, I'm waiting for an translation, at least a partial one.

Do you guys upload your progress regularly?

I've just started fiddling around with JPEXS FFDecompiler, up until I used the Find tool and lost a good bit of the changes I made. 😭
I'd like to see how you guys handle some of the buttons and translations.
I f***** up the opening story part too lol

View attachment 23276 View attachment 23277
In your intro, you didn't adjust the offset for the dialogue, that's why they overlap each other.

EDIT : I mistook "mother-in-law" for "stepmom", it's now corrected.

Attachments

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, hot damn, that looks great, donocad.

And sorry to disappoint you (and others too, if people were expecting it) on the latter part, I won't be making playable partial for Maki, the ball in the chain doesn't exactly enjoy / approve this hobby side of me and I've been for.. 😑 *clears throat* 🤨..coerced to tone it down a bit via diplomatic means for the time being, was hard work just to get approval to carry on with it, people can be..:cautious: narrow minded about anything related to anime.

But I can give 'in a nutshell' about the story.

Maki's dad got remarried, the new wife and she did not get along very well
and it was causing trouble in the paradise.

Maki decided to move to her uncle under a guise it was closer to her school,
in order to avoid being a nuisance to her father's new marriage.

Months go by and nothing special happens, but then the Uncle finds salary check
written for Maki, and questions her about it, learning Maki started part time job,
which the school she attends to have forbidden.

Depending on the route we take, we either learn she needs money to have fun
with her friends and boyfriend, or she plans to move out on her own, out of fear becoming
a nuisance to her Uncle and the new woman he met through his work,
just like what happened with her dad.

Depending what route we take, the ending varies;

Love = Uncle realizes his lack of attention towards Maki and we are revealed both have suppressed their feelings for one another.
Rape = Uncle blackmails Maki to have illicit relationship with him, using the part time job as leverage.
Lewd = Uncle is the yandere and Maki becomes a sex addict as result of night crawling taking place at nights.
Yandere = Maki gets jealous over Uncle having another woman in his life and proceeds to go full yandere on him as result.

Last edited:

Donocad

Reputation score
Well, hot damn, that looks great, donocad.

And sorry to disappoint you (and others too, if people were expecting it) on the latter part, I won't be making playable partial for Maki, the ball in the chain doesn't exactly enjoy / approve this hobby side of me and I've been for.. 😑 *clears throat* 🤨..coerced to tone it down a bit via diplomatic means for the time being, was hard work just to get approval to carry on with it, people can be..:cautious: narrow minded about anything related to anime.
It's okay, no prob'

And it's not as if I'm blankly starring at the sky, "waiting" for an translation.
It's currently active, with the T-pals.

You got me surprised, people around me aren't quite well informed on this hobby of mine, and I hope it continues so.
My situation is in favor of that, I'm living almost alone, with only a roommate who is mostly hanging outside. And visiting familly once a week.

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
You got me surprised, people around me aren't quite well informed on this hobby of mine, and I hope it continues so.
My situation is in favor of that, I'm living almost alone, with only a roommate who is mostly hanging outside. And visiting familly once a week.
Imagine keeping your fondness for anime / hentai under wraps when you have someone breathing on your neck 24/7.
Then defend it with straight face, trying not to escalate the argument into a full blown fight.
Compromises were made, we both tone down our stuff that annoys one another,
less anime / hentai for me, less alcohol and smokes for her, and since we can't be picky about our partners, its this or nothing. 😂

Delexicus

Reputation score
It's okay, no prob'

And it's not as if I'm blankly starring at the sky, "waiting" for an translation.
It's currently active, with the T-pals ( decagem is our lead translator on Maki ).

I am in a similar situation. Only a few people around we are aware of my work here on ULMF. My mother and a couple friends specifically. I don't like to keep secrets from my mother so I took a chance and told her on a long car ride. She was surprisingly supportive. She has even helped me with a few line translations here and there. I have only revealed a small fraction of my role here on ULMF to my friends though. My work on the SAR and when I was doing shape translations specifically. My closer friend was a little surprised and didn't know how to respond. He suggested I work on a normal flash game instead. I told him no, this is what I was interested in doing. I don't tell him much about my translation work anymore other than I'll be busy because of it. My other friend laughed about it and didn't really care one way or the other. He'll joke about it and make a girly moaning noise and that's about it. I change the subject and we carry on like nothing had happened.

It can be a little depressing that so few people can be fully accepting about this hobby of ours. That's why ULMF, and other such sites like it are so valuable. They provide a convenient and safe outlet for those seeking to explore their interests that don't exactly conform to general society's rules. For that, I will always be thankful to ULMF and it's care takers. Without them, I would not have discovered the interesting, supportive, and kind people involved in JSK games and it's translation work.