What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Aesthetic

Reputation score
We're not even considered as "translators" in his point of view, but vermin defiling his self entitled demand for perfection and quality, as you can clearly see, he knows a lot, but refuses to co-operate with us on civilized manner, nor work with us for a common cause, he'd rather rant, belittle us, and arrogantly assert his superiority over us.

I've seen similar behavior coming from "smurfs" in certain games, skilled and experienced players go trash beginners and then proceed to mock them, belittle them, harass them, telling them to uninstall and who knows what other worse forms of cyber bullying, to make beginners quit playing the game.

And Harley;

I'll gladly stop working on the partials* of these games the moment someone more skilled than me, takes up the torch and does it properly.
*Because that is clearly the message you're conveying to me / us by the way you communicate with me / us.)

I am well aware of my shortcomings and do what I can to cope with those, you however, not so much.
Icevail, you get to translating these games so fast, and I'd miss you like hell if you stopped XD

Thx for staying passionate and committed to JSK's games.

I think Harley's kind of thriving off of all of this negative attention so it's better to not pay attention. I don't know what it is about JSK's games that bring out all the self-entitled people.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
So maybe it wasn't clear when I came in here the first time, so this time I'll say it outright:
Get off this topic now.

Tellukoz

Reputation score
You have ignored a moderator's declaration that you not continue instigating this topic. 4 day ban.
Predictable responses from the inhabitants of the goldfish bowl creative writing circle and their sycophantic bottom-feeder hangers on.

• We're doing this for free.
  • We're putting in the hours, so are entitled to what we want.
  • Anyone not willing to kiss the ground the machine translator worshippers walk on can sod off while we continue our "noble" work in the autistic bubble. Translators can continue to misrepresent creative writing as "translation" and the "fans" will lap it up since they're so starved of anything to fap to.
etc.

Unsurprisingly there's not been a single rebuttal regarding the actual translation itself. It's a very basic point: if what little accuracy to begin with is being sacrificed on the grounds of expediency then it's not a translation. It's a localisation and/or creative writing and should be marketed as such. Putting in 20 rewrites based on zero fundamental understanding of the original text is not something to be proud of, it's a blatant omission the job is based on educated guesswork. That's fine for a rewrite, but not for something which claims to be a translation.

Assertion: Literal translation is impossible because of character limits.
Rebuttal: Machine translation doesn't even do a good job to begin with, and the translators are so liberal with the interpretation it ends up embellishing the original intent and adds unnecessary words to the word count.

Methodology:
Work from the original text. Identify base meaning and do basic translation preserving as much original meaning as possible. Taking into account 25 character limit, preserve core meaning of phrase while keeping to strict limits.

E.g. 人族風情が私に挑むとはな
Full translation: Lowly humans dare to challenge me?!
Core meaning: Humans aren't fit to fight the sovereign.
Trial translation: Lowly human fighting me? (24 characters including spaces and punctuation)

Rinse and repeat. Any liberal translations (貴様 becoming "bastard", "scum" or some such) is taken out of consideration. Complaining about word limits and getting even the basic understanding wrong makes whining "translators" look like fools.

More examples:

これを受けきれるか、貴様が
Can YOU withstand this?

この魔力に抗えるか?
Resist this magic?

ほう..., 面白い!
Hm, interesting!

何だと!私の鎧を弾くか、人族の剣が!
(One example of the 25 character limit being insufficient)
Full translation: No way! A human's sword able to rip apart my armour!
Core meaning: Human sword able to pierce her armour
Either change font (as suggested by one of the sycophants) or reduce size to accommodate. If not possible, preserve as much of the core meaning as possible. Word tricks like removing vowels while preserving meaning can be exploited.
Trial translation: His sword broke my armour (25 spaces)

我ら魔族の力を知れ
Know Our strength

覚悟せよ、人族の戦士
Steel thyself, warrior

うっ!?貴様、まさか狙って…!?
Ooh!? You aimed there!?

私を力だけの王と思うな
Full translation: Don't think I'm an all brawn, no brain monarch.
I'm not all brawn

む......、これくらいはやるか
Hmph, you'd go this far

なっ!?これしきて動きを止められると思う
Ah!? This won't stop me

The longer dialogue-based lines have more freedom to work with, but require the same attention to brevity and precise summary. Not that I'd expect the self-professed "rank amateurs" to care about, since they prize the hours devoted to the mundane copying, pasting and word editing to the actual task of getting the meaning across without winging it.

The above is no where near a perfect translation, but I'm not taking liberties with the text nor twisting the original lines with "creative license". This won't matter anyway to the "translators" and their hangers-on who have sworn oaths not to read anything from their detractors, but it'll serve as a reminder that their crusade is nothing about doing a proper job and more about boasting to others the number of hours dedicated to copying and pasting fabrications which will be lapped up by their slavishly devoted followers. Anyone not partisan to this debate can make up their own minds on what they think a translation should be, but it's going to be an argument using source material and primary interpretation on the one hand versus creative writing interpreted from machine output with no fundamental understanding of the original text. "World-class" interpretation isn't being requested, just the minimum of language equivalence to do justice to the task of interpretation. If that can't be done, especially by a team of "veterans" with long hours of copying and pasting behind their belt, then call it what it is and admit it's a rewrite and/or liberal reinterpretation of machine translation.

An epitath to the dying art of language translation(?), assuming the bubble inhabitants haven't already raised multiple petitions to delete the post.
Ok, here is the deal, upload your own +200 mb of game fully translated and adapted bubble of dialog to your needs, If you can't, then let the guys with more experience than you do what they want, your knowledge means bullcrap if you don't put it in real use, either translate the game yourself or stop triying to impress anyone

Is the booth version updated with those new animations, or is it the enty version again?
this is a enty updated
but The author said that it will be updated to booth

Threesome animation with forced blowjob/deeepthroat included? Count me in the game could really use more animations that make Airi use her mouth a bit.
If we're talking about some animations that could be added, i really wouldn't mind if we got a spanking animation sometimes in the future

Btw you guys there prefer Gun Airi costume or the classic one? At first i didn't like Gun costume but now i much prefer it.
I don't have a file.
So it’s not clear what
I like White dress and I hope to have more sexual intercourse animations.

It's funny, for all the crap Harley is talking, I don't see any actual work on their part anywhere 🤔

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Ok, here is the deal, upload your own +200 mb of game fully translated and adapted bubble of dialog to your needs, If you can't, then let the guys with more experience than you do what they want, your knowledge means bullcrap if you don't put it in real use, either translate the game yourself or stop triying to impress anyone

It's funny, for all the crap Harley is talking, I don't see any actual work on their part anywhere 🤔
Guys... READ DARKFIRE'S MESSAGE LITERALLY TWO POSTS ABOVE YOU. He's the board admin.
Drop it.

alancapone

Reputation score
Hi guys,

It's been a while since the last update. I apologize as I've been pretty busy with school for the past two months, but I've recently made a resolve to invest a little bit of time everyday with translations.

Anyways, here's the next version of . Unfortunately, it's not yet complete. I've only translated the parts where she's unconscious.

I've tried to be more accurate with the sound effects by using a SFX glossary. Before, I would just use generic hentai dialogue based on the transliteration I got on google translate. Also, there just were some sound effects that I didn't like. For example, any time there was a "fufufu", I'd replaced it with some form of "eheh" in order to make it more realistic. I understand that it's anime, but come on, who laughs like that? But now I've become less reluctant and I plan on doing things more exact to how they were supposed to be. With that being said, the glossary I use isn't perfect, so there is still a bit of inferring. If anyone else has a better recommendation for a japanese SFX translator, by all means let me know.

For the unconscious BJ scene, I tried to make the sound effects be sensical. In other words, I changed all of the sounds that would normally require an open mouth (e.g. "Yaah", "Ahn", etc...) to something more realistic. The downside to this is that there isn't a whole lot of variation to that scene, so I apologize if that bothers you.

I do plan on finishing up the rest, but I'm not quite sure how long it'll take me. Hopefully it won't be another 2 months.

Until next time!

Donocad

Reputation score
Hi guys,

It's been a while since the last update. I apologize as I've been pretty busy with school for the past two months, but I've recently made a resolve to invest a little bit of time everyday with translations.

Anyways, here's the next version of . Unfortunately, it's not yet complete. I've only translated the parts where she's unconscious.

I've tried to be more accurate with the sound effects by using a SFX glossary. Before, I would just use generic hentai dialogue based on the transliteration I got on google translate. Also, there just were some sound effects that I didn't like. For example, any time there was a "fufufu", I'd replaced it with some form of "eheh" in order to make it more realistic. I understand that it's anime, but come on, who laughs like that? But now I've become less reluctant and I plan on doing things more exact to how they were supposed to be. With that being said, the glossary I use isn't perfect, so there is still a bit of inferring. If anyone else has a better recommendation for a japanese SFX translator, by all means let me know.

For the unconscious BJ scene, I tried to make the sound effects be sensical. In other words, I changed all of the sounds that would normally require an open mouth (e.g. "Yaah", "Ahn", etc...) to something more realistic. The downside to this is that there isn't a whole lot of variation to that scene, so I apologize if that bothers you.

I do plan on finishing up the rest, but I'm not quite sure how long it'll take me. Hopefully it won't be another 2 months.

Until next time!
No need for apologies, it's natural to give the priority to school.

I am cleaning your translation, here its zip.
Also, do you have read the resources Delexicus has shared the MEGA ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Update on the partial of '打倒!超魔王様'.

I fixed up some parts of the story dialogues, player choices and added initial translations to the starts and the ends of the 3 counters scenes, which I'll polish later on while I begin to go through the scenes to see if, and how, the contents of the dialogue could be improved, which most likely ends up happening.

I've also begun do work on the mid sex dialogues, aka the smut part, starting from the endings and see how will it end up, if it turns out to 'fappable' enough. I will try cover most if it, and as reminder, there are 4 endings, with 4 positions, on 2 alternative POV's (point of view) for each, and 4 different stages of pleasure.

Meaning there is a lot to read and go through with 😱...

As I've made clear on many occasions, smut is way beyond my 'paygrade'.

If you have suggestions on what alternative terms I should use for for semen (精液 or サーメン), that would be great, right now I am using 'babyseed' for lack of any better word, as she doesn't like, never, ever say those two words (精液 or サーメン) during the times protag 'gives / is about to give her a load of thick seed', but refers it as 子種 (baby(ies) or a child(ren)) or as filth, when player first 'defiles her most sacred part' during a counter.

She refers the 'manhood' as stiff / manly meatshaft or just as meat rod.
As for her own counterpart, she uses pussy, vagina, womb and babyroom.

So if anyone here knows how write proper smut, please do advice me on this part.

Attachments

Last edited:

Donocad

Reputation score
(…)
If you have suggestions on what alternative terms I should use for for semen (精液 or サーメン), that would be great, right now I am using 'babyseed' for lack of any better word, as she doesn't like, never, ever say those two words (精液 or サーメン) during the times protag 'gives / is about to give her a load of thick seed', but refers it as 子種 (baby(ies) or a child(ren)) or as filth, when player first 'defiles her most sacred part' during a counter.

She refers the 'manhood' as stiff / manly meatshaft or just as meat rod.
As for her own counterpart, she uses pussy, vagina, womb and babyroom.

So if anyone here knows how write proper smut, please do advice me on this part.
Indeed, 子種 means children, no matter how you twist it, so the words "semen" and "seed" or something who refers to this cloudy liquid would not be faithful to the dialogue.
I have read a little cou1, so to translate this, I would write :
  • "Are you trying to make a baby in me ?" ( literal )
  • "Are you trying to force me to conceive a child ?"
  • "Are you trying to force me to give birth ?"
  • "Are you trying to impregnate me ?"

"Shaft" and "rod" sounds great and valid for the manhood.

To write smut in JSK game, don't add too much, just make sure that the words you use don't sound too odd, weird or off. In my opinion, the smut is already in the dialogue, in this descriptive way of speaking of the events.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
And here I was starting to think I should just mix flowers and bees to the cycle,
"Pollinate my flower with your bees~ <3"
"Aaaaah~~ <3 <3"
😂

Not that I would do that.

But I'll do the endings first, those have the largest quantity of dialogue during mid sex, and probably have mostly 'desired' to be turned into readable English factor amongst the community,
I think I'll start with the servant ending, as its the first (on top of others) ending on the sfw files sub folder.

And if I get lucky, the lines will be identical in each position, so I just do it once and then just copy paste strings from ending to another, if not, so be it, line by line it will be.

Last edited:

Huey Long Dong

Reputation score
So I literally JUST joined a minute ago, but I do a lot of creative writing and write smut for myself on occasion. If you'd like to send me the script as it is, Icevail, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it. I don't know the first thing about coding, but I'd be happy to help good translations for these games get finished faster.

Donocad

Reputation score
So I literally JUST joined a minute ago, but I do a lot of creative writing and write smut for myself on occasion. If you'd like to send me the script as it is, Icevail, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it. I don't know the first thing about coding, but I'd be happy to help good translations for these games get finished faster.
Welcome to you !
Delexicus has a MEGA repository, where all the scripts of JSK games are stored ( click on "Translation and Flash modding tools" on the "Community JSK Studio Guide" )
I put a link to it here :

From the "Translation and Flash modding tools", the scripts are in "Translated texts".

The scripts are .txt files, bundled in a zip for each game. It's quite straightforward to understand how to use them, just by reading them. I wrote a guide to explain how to use them, in "Translation and Flash modding tools", look at "Textstring extractor", there are a README ( in the "Translation" section ).

Feel free to ask questions.

Huey Long Dong

Reputation score
Thanks Donocad. I'm having a look at the Demonlord scripts now and this formatting is kind of making my head spin. There's a whole lot of chaff which I'm guessing is game scripts, not the script - not really my area. When I'm posting here for feedback, should I post my own altered versions of these scripts, or a trimmed-down version without all the extra stuff that someone else could cut-and-paste into the existing scripts?

I'm also having a look at the parser - will I have to use this for my contributions? I might be able to wrap my head around it eventually but I'm no code monkey, just a writer.

Donocad

Reputation score
Thanks Donocad. I'm having a look at the Demonlord scripts now and this formatting is kind of making my head spin. There's a whole lot of chaff which I'm guessing is game scripts, not the script - not really my area. When I'm posting here for feedback, should I post my own altered versions of these scripts, or a trimmed-down version without all the extra stuff that someone else could cut-and-paste into the existing scripts?

I'm also having a look at the parser - will I have to use this for my contributions? I might be able to wrap my head around it eventually but I'm no code monkey, just a writer.
First, I forgot to tell you to use Notepad++, and secondly are you sure that you're reading at .txt files, not .as files ?
You will receive a notification to join the translator corner thread soon, and here I can explain more in detail.

The parser is not mandatory for contributing as a translator / corrector / proofreader.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score

In that case, I'll give the T-pals at the translation corner the latest partial I have done, and you can modify / improve its content, so that you don't have to start from scratch,
as there lot of stuff in it, A LOT (Don't say that I did not warn you 😱 ), it already covers mostly everything aside the mid sex smut, if you want to improve already existing dialogue, they have also have the untranslated base game available, so if deemed necessary, you can rewrite the scenes accordingly.

Honestly? Not the worst series to use.
I really don't follow the porn industry and what it does, so yeah it kind of came as a surprise for me to hear that 😖

Last edited: