What's new

RPG RPG Maker [SQDT] サキュバスアカデミア / Succubus Academia (RJ265946)

SNStep

Reputation score
any updates on status of official english release "dlsite/steam" ?
SQDT put this on their Twitter about a month ago:

I continue to not really want to speak out-of-turn though, so I repeat my mantra of "assume no news is good news."

ARandomKid

Reputation score
SQDT put this on their Twitter about a month ago:

I continue to not really want to speak out-of-turn though, so I repeat my mantra of "assume no news is good news."
Just found/read through the thread a while back, I was going to ask if you were still planning on a 1.0a patch, but most of the annoying issues I've run into thus far are gameplay-related and would only be fixed once everything's all official and caught up with the later versions anyway (fully upgraded accessories "resetting" to their base-item values is the major annoyance for me, personally - I saw it happened so it didn't blindside me or anything but it turned out more annoying than I thought it would.)

That being the case I'm thinking I'll wait for the official release (Congrats on that like 9 months later, by the way!) before playing further, however long that happens to take. Understandable that you don't want to put SQDT in an awkward position by speaking "for" them or anything in terms of a timeline.

LikeIcare

Reputation score
Since I while I can not use "Musk" or "Frankinscence" anymore in combat - everything else seems to work. Jus these two are simply not displayed in the item list mid combat.

I do not know what triggered it, I tried selling everything and rebuying it, I tried reinstalling the game, loaded old saves - nothing worked.

Obv. the end of the game becomes a lot more harder without them.

Anyone can help?

ARandomKid

Reputation score
Since I while I can not use "Musk" or "Frankinscence" anymore in combat - everything else seems to work. Jus these two are simply not displayed in the item list mid combat.

I do not know what triggered it, I tried selling everything and rebuying it, I tried reinstalling the game, loaded old saves - nothing worked.

Obv. the end of the game becomes a lot more harder without them.

Anyone can help?
Haven't run into it myself, but based on this post it sounds like Musk and Frankincense are also attached somehow to the amount of Myrrh you have:

There's a bug with the 1.0 version that causes the available amount of Musk and Frankincense to be tied to the amount of Myrrh you have in stock. If they're not showing up, my guess is that you have no Myrrh.
I'd bet if you find/buy some Myrrh, they show up again.

LikeIcare

Reputation score
Haven't run into it myself, but based on this post it sounds like Musk and Frankincense are also attached somehow to the amount of Myrrh you have:

I'd bet if you find/buy some Myrrh, they show up again.
Seems you were right with that one... At least I know how to deal with it know. Still weird bug tho. Ty

Me again...

I am atm sitting at the very final boss(?), which you unlock with the secret ending and refighting all the notorious succubi. Tbh I would like some help for it since I simply do not seem to understand it, even tho I managed the entire game on hard so far without help (excluding bugs).

Once in a while she starts a combat move where you got multiple additional HP bars (4-6 if I recall correctly) and you damage yourself with every attack effecting her mood. This is also when she gets skull combo points, even tho she has seems to have a similar phase without the additional HP bars which finisher does barely any damage it seems. Now, no matter if I have still all additional bars up or basically depleted them all, using Veil or not, have high or low EP, she just insta kills me in the "skull with 6 extra bars" phase. I honestly do not know what I am supposed to do to counter that. Outbursting her to avoid that attack doesnt seem to work, since she seems to have more HP than the all of the entire fucking enemies together up to that point.

Therefore, please give some hints or explain what I am missing.

SNStep

Reputation score
Once in a while she starts a combat move where you got multiple additional HP bars (4-6 if I recall correctly) and you damage yourself with every attack effecting her mood. This is also when she gets skull combo points, even tho she has seems to have a similar phase without the additional HP bars which finisher does barely any damage it seems. Now, no matter if I have still all additional bars up or basically depleted them all, using Veil or not, have high or low EP, she just insta kills me in the "skull with 6 extra bars" phase. I honestly do not know what I am supposed to do to counter that. Outbursting her to avoid that attack doesnt seem to work, since she seems to have more HP than the all of the entire fucking enemies together up to that point.
For what it's worth, the true final boss is a huge difficulty spike. As far as the combat strategy, the way it works (some of which you may get, but fully explaining the mechanic to make sure it's all clear) is that she'll use Shadow of Death, which causes every rise in Mood to drain a corresponding amount of your Life. The first time she uses it, you just want to avoid doing anything that will raise mood. However, after that, she'll use it in tandem with another skill, Cycle of Reincarnation. This will put some number of additional health bars for you on the screen (the first time, it's 4, with that plus a cumulative 2 more every time she uses it thereafter). Once Cycle of Reincarnation is in play, her next full-Stance-Gauge attack will be Deathscythe, which will drain life directly, the amount of which is multiplied by the number of remaining pseudo-Life-bars on the screen. Therefore, your goal is to increase Mood as much as you can to lose that "Life", which will buff your resistance to the attack instead. Note also that using spells with a Life cost will also use your pseudo-Life, so some of those abilities that take a little but don't use a turn can be very helpful.

Some, or all of that, you may already be aware of, based on your comments, but one thing occurs to me with what I'm reading, and that's that any Life lost to climaxing also adds to the damage buff stacks she gets. If you're using Surrender for big increases, then even if you're losing the pseudo-Life bars, she's going to get a big buff and you're probably going to die, even if there are no pseudo-bars left. Make sure only to use Actions that increase Mood in normal fashion, and honestly, you don't really need to bother with Veil (the attack's not insignificant, but is overall actually pretty weak if you prevent her from getting any buffs), but instead use Regret for the big Life cost.

Also, one bit of good news: the fight enters a new phase when you get Mood to 70%, where things get much easier and she stops using most of her specials, as long as you're not in the middle of a Cycle of Reincarnation (if you are, the phase change won't trigger until right after Deathscythe), so with a bit of luck, and if you get a big enough burst of Mood after the first CoR, you can probably avoid having to do it again.

LikeIcare

Reputation score
For what it's worth, the true final boss is a huge difficulty spike. As far as the combat strategy, the way it works (some of which you may get, but fully explaining the mechanic to make sure it's all clear) is that she'll use Shadow of Death, which causes every rise in Mood to drain a corresponding amount of your Life. The first time she uses it, you just want to avoid doing anything that will raise mood. However, after that, she'll use it in tandem with another skill, Cycle of Reincarnation. This will put some number of additional health bars for you on the screen (the first time, it's 4, with that plus a cumulative 2 more every time she uses it thereafter). Once Cycle of Reincarnation is in play, her next full-Stance-Gauge attack will be Deathscythe, which will drain life directly, the amount of which is multiplied by the number of remaining pseudo-Life-bars on the screen. Therefore, your goal is to increase Mood as much as you can to lose that "Life", which will buff your resistance to the attack instead. Note also that using spells with a Life cost will also use your pseudo-Life, so some of those abilities that take a little but don't use a turn can be very helpful.

Some, or all of that, you may already be aware of, based on your comments, but one thing occurs to me with what I'm reading, and that's that any Life lost to climaxing also adds to the damage buff stacks she gets. If you're using Surrender for big increases, then even if you're losing the pseudo-Life bars, she's going to get a big buff and you're probably going to die, even if there are no pseudo-bars left. Make sure only to use Actions that increase Mood in normal fashion, and honestly, you don't really need to bother with Veil (the attack's not insignificant, but is overall actually pretty weak if you prevent her from getting any buffs), but instead use Regret for the big Life cost.

Also, one bit of good news: the fight enters a new phase when you get Mood to 70%, where things get much easier and she stops using most of her specials, as long as you're not in the middle of a Cycle of Reincarnation (if you are, the phase change won't trigger until right after Deathscythe), so with a bit of luck, and if you get a big enough burst of Mood after the first CoR, you can probably avoid having to do it again.
Thanks for all the input. It seems my error was using Surrender combos. I basically managed it first try now and got the "Element of the Night" trophy. Thanks!

SNStep

Reputation score
in basement which girl is the true final boss? or is she something that can not be rematched in basement?
Unlocking the true final boss in the basement requires actually completing the game's true ending, which has a variety of requirements. The default ending in which you:
get a credit roll in which you're sent back to the beginning immediately after the "boss rush" confrontation with the five main story bosses.
...is the "bad end". If you fullfill all the requirements for the True End, you'll go straight to the basement after the credit roll, and the true final boss should be available to confront. Her identity is:
Your constant companion throughout the game, default name "Pfkeheh". Once you do get the True Ending, you can either confront her directly, or go to the door on the far bottom-right to replay the lead-in cutscene as well.

Reputation score
the goddess character is that boss then?

were there any hints or details goin around of new things from this group or any expansions for this game?

SNStep

Reputation score
the goddess character is that boss then?
If you mean the blonde-haired goddess from the basement, that's Mnemosyne, and she's a required encounter to get the true ending, but is not the final boss.

were there any hints or details goin around of new things from this group or any expansions for this game?
As I understand it, certain elements of the game are meant to be sort of stealthily a spinoff of SQDT's previous Succubus Quest series, with certain elements of the true ending making at least some name references to it. On Twitter, the idea of more from that series has been hinted at potentially coming down the pipeline at some point, as well, I believe. As far as expansion, there are a couple patches that add some gameplay stuff that's past the unofficial English patch (but will be in the official one), but beyond that, I don't think I've seen/heard anything about a "Succubus Academia 2" at this point, and there have been a couple official bits of mod content (and a some unofficial ones, too), but that's all I'm aware of.

Reputation score
If you mean the blonde-haired goddess from the basement, that's Mnemosyne, and she's a required encounter to get the true ending, but is not the final boss.

As I understand it, certain elements of the game are meant to be sort of stealthily a spinoff of SQDT's previous Succubus Quest series, with certain elements of the true ending making at least some name references to it. On Twitter, the idea of more from that series has been hinted at potentially coming down the pipeline at some point, as well, I believe. As far as expansion, there are a couple patches that add some gameplay stuff that's past the unofficial English patch (but will be in the official one), but beyond that, I don't think I've seen/heard anything about a "Succubus Academia 2" at this point, and there have been a couple official bits of mod content (and a some unofficial ones, too), but that's all I'm aware of.
blone hair godess yes that was who i ment.
so she is not secret boss. then which girl in memmory room is the true ending boss?
what type of battle fuck sex does she do? is she a phase boss where she give diffrent sex or she only do one type of sex all battle?

cool this game was kind of like sequel to past game.
ok no news of succubus academia 2 at this time.
but from what you said there is intrest in making a sequel from them?

because it would be kind of aquard if they had no desire to given how well this game did.

the patches are automatically in the most updated version of the game?
these patches are not the kind of thing that has to be downloaded seperately?

from what you can see or find has anyone ask about sequel possibiities for this game to the game creator?
like is there a chance that the sequel could appear this year or next year?
or will this be similar senario to where several years pass without any news until the month/day of release of the next game?

SNStep

Reputation score
so she is not secret boss. then which girl in memmory room is the true ending boss?
The person's identity is something of a spoiler. I mentioned who it is beneath the spoiler block in this post.
If you mean where to find her in the basement, then she'll be in this spot for direct confrontation:
SA-tfb1.png
Or this one if you want to replay the entire cutscene:
SA-tfb2.png
You have to actually complete the True Ending for either spot to properly unlock, however.

what type of battle fuck sex does she do? is she a phase boss where she give diffrent sex or she only do one type of sex all battle?
There is only one visual presentation, though her exact appearance during that segment is based on certain choices you can make during the game. It's a true-POV-type thing (in part for plot-related reasons) where you're above her. The encounter does have two phases, though: one which is more like a traditional "battle" in this game (using Resist/Fear/Obey and her having special moves and such), and then once you're about 75% done changes to the "romantic"-style encounter (like the Mnemosyne encounter).

but from what you said there is intrest in making a sequel from them?

because it would be kind of aquard if they had no desire to given how well this game did.
[...]
from what you can see or find has anyone ask about sequel possibiities for this game to the game creator?
like is there a chance that the sequel could appear this year or next year?
or will this be similar senario to where several years pass without any news until the month/day of release of the next game?
This is just going back from things I recall posted on Ci-en and Twitter, neither of which I am really an expert at or made extra special note of (to be honest I don't use lots of social media), but as far as I know, SQDT is interested in doing more. I have no idea if there is a time frame for any of it or not. The past year I know a lot's done a lot to further polish this game such as putting the game on mobile, doing a physical release at comiket, and working on patching and enabling mod support (and allowing me to work with him on the official English translation...but that is literally the extent of my involvement and so bear in mind everything I say here is as a fan). I know there are further plans to "polish" more, too (obviously, the official English release is still in the works, and there are plans to get it on Steam, too, for example).

the patches are automatically in the most updated version of the game?
these patches are not the kind of thing that has to be downloaded seperately?
The game was originally released in a "1.0" state. This was the basis for the unofficial English patch that I did, as I was pretty intrigued by the game and started work on translating very quickly. While I was in the process of translation, SQDT released various upgrade patches that included things like bugfixes, difficulty balance passes, mod support, and new gameplay mechanics (like an "infinite leveling" system). However, because of the way my process worked, I couldn't go back and add those things to the English translation patch easily, and you can't combine the two (the English patch will overwrite any Japanese upgrade patches you use, and vice-versa). The Japanese version is up to version 1.2. When I was invited to do an official translation, I basically re-translated the entire game again, to work with the upgraded Japanese content. So when the official English release comes out, the plan as far as my involvement goes is that it should more or less be a match in terms of gameplay to the latest Japanese version as well.

Reputation score
The person's identity is something of a spoiler. I mentioned who it is beneath the spoiler block in this post.
If you mean where to find her in the basement, then she'll be in this spot for direct confrontation:
View attachment 42613
Or this one if you want to replay the entire cutscene:
View attachment 42614
You have to actually complete the True Ending for either spot to properly unlock, however.

There is only one visual presentation, though her exact appearance during that segment is based on certain choices you can make during the game. It's a true-POV-type thing (in part for plot-related reasons) where you're above her. The encounter does have two phases, though: one which is more like a traditional "battle" in this game (using Resist/Fear/Obey and her having special moves and such), and then once you're about 75% done changes to the "romantic"-style encounter (like the Mnemosyne encounter).

This is just going back from things I recall posted on Ci-en and Twitter, neither of which I am really an expert at or made extra special note of (to be honest I don't use lots of social media), but as far as I know, SQDT is interested in doing more. I have no idea if there is a time frame for any of it or not. The past year I know a lot's done a lot to further polish this game such as putting the game on mobile, doing a physical release at comiket, and working on patching and enabling mod support (and allowing me to work with him on the official English translation...but that is literally the extent of my involvement and so bear in mind everything I say here is as a fan). I know there are further plans to "polish" more, too (obviously, the official English release is still in the works, and there are plans to get it on Steam, too, for example).

The game was originally released in a "1.0" state. This was the basis for the unofficial English patch that I did, as I was pretty intrigued by the game and started work on translating very quickly. While I was in the process of translation, SQDT released various upgrade patches that included things like bugfixes, difficulty balance passes, mod support, and new gameplay mechanics (like an "infinite leveling" system). However, because of the way my process worked, I couldn't go back and add those things to the English translation patch easily, and you can't combine the two (the English patch will overwrite any Japanese upgrade patches you use, and vice-versa). The Japanese version is up to version 1.2. When I was invited to do an official translation, I basically re-translated the entire game again, to work with the upgraded Japanese content. So when the official English release comes out, the plan as far as my involvement goes is that it should more or less be a match in terms of gameplay to the latest Japanese version as well.
the details very much apperciated thanks.
im more of a newer fan just finding about this group late last year.
with thig games sucess , hoping there would be shorter gaps of silence , compared to the time that they were silent from their release before succubus academia "somewhere around 2006 up until 2021" as if i knew about this group around the early 2000's i would have thought something happened to them or the group just stopped all of a sudden "ellshed/kuraido and nukomashi dou are 2 examples of this , those groups release doujin cg sets" while i would be happy that they are still around when see succubus academia after the long silence i would be confused if this is the norm due to current world events "like corona covid19 virus" getting into the offline/outside doujin circle life of sqdt and their members causing more delays in updates and releases than normal.

what factor im most curious about is if the english versions going to be from kagura games/mangagamer/jast usa "unsensored + english " or from some group like shiravune "sensored + english" as i get that the way the battle fuck looks is that the one getting fucked is hollow/see through"nameless/faceless character" due to the player is contorl multiple diffrent people between boss fights so it might not be where unsensored version might be the case like how daijobi kenkyuujo 1st game was from kagura games or that dead end aegis was from jast usa. but maybe the battle fuck could look diffrent compared to japanese version "minor visual differences to make the battle fuck more vivid for english version if it is unsensored.

mini note : so the girls on the top half are important story/major boss girls
the girls on the bottom half are mid bosses then?
i see two pairs and one trio of girls towards the very bottom of memmory room , im guessing they are considered optional/secret super bosses? as those three fights to me look like missable fights if you dont have a guide or walkthrough/use one and or not know japanese when playing the game before official english release/have the fan translated version 1.0 version of the game.
to me i though the secret boss would be in a unique spot more so isolated from the other girls like that goddess girl from before who i thought previously was that secret super boss.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
my personal mantra
Whelp. As long as they haven't ditched your awesome work for some inferior translation, I don't really mind.
I would be happy to hear they've spent this (almost) year working on that FF Tactics game. Or any other more light-hearted work, if I'm honest.

SNStep

Reputation score
And now I can finally be less quiet about things! The official English translation will be out very soon! There's also an English-specific Twitter feed!

Whelp. As long as they haven't ditched your awesome work for some inferior translation, I don't really mind.
It's not under the name I've been using here, but I definitely wasn't ditched. And Civmi from SQDT was a lot of effort put into things as well, making sure that the translation got intent right, or even bringing to my attention a hilarious joke that, unfortunately, didn't translate well (though I'm quite happy with our adaptation of it). You can see some of the updated art on the Twitter feed, too.

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
Glad to hear it. I've been waiting for the official translation release before buying the game, so all this time I've been wondering when that may be.

uzil

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I wonder if those of us that already bought the Japanese version will need to double-dip. I'll do it, but I won't like it.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I wonder if those of us that already bought the Japanese version will need to double-dip. I'll do it, but I won't like it.
If it's sold on another platform, then it's most certainly a yes.

If it's sold on Dlsite too, there a possibility they hand a free coupon for the English game to anyone already owning the Japanese game. They've done it for a number of game bacl when the English and Japanese site were separate, but it's never been a rule. So you can either ask the dev on twitter / ci-en... or (and) wait & pray...