DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The ULMF Trail

Alright. So when we last left off...

We took a four day break to let the pansies rest. Surprisingly, both of them recovered in those four days, without a day missed. What I mean by that is that they actually recovered on the third and fourth days, which means we didn't waste any days at all.

We later placed our caulk in the water and sailed on the Green River. Even more surprisingly this game let us live. I think this game is finally starting to let up on us.

Unbelievably, we hit a record high of number of bad things happening. The only thing bad that happened was that we ran out of grass for just one day.

Of course, this game can never be without some kind of problem. But it's more of a problem for me than for you guys. Namely, the MOTHERFUCKING BULL I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH.

Heh, get it? Anyway, that 465 pound cocktease stood there for, and I counted, three minutes and forty-two seconds. I had my crosshair on his ass the entire time, and not once did he even more. Not another bull was even coming out too! Eventually I nearly gave up when he started moving.

IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.

Yes, he actually exited the screen and I had basically wasted about four minutes waiting for a bull to move a couple pixels more so I could shoot it.

Now, I was about to unleash hell on the rest of the wildlife with a hailstorm of bullets when suddenly this other bull just zips along and stops at the VERY MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN.

What a relief! So I ended up bagging another 200 pounds of food at the cost of my waning patience.

(Yes, that was pretty much pointless, but this is a very short update. I need something to talk about)

Now the game, seeing that I was getting a break, decided to fuck with me a little.

In this picture, you can see the settlement, but you can't see us. Why? BECAUSE 11 MILES FROM THE DAMN PLACE, WE ACTUALLY LOST THE TRAIL FOR TWO DAYS.
There's not excuse for this kind of shitty navigating!

Oh, and we lost 20 pounds of food to more bad refridgeration. Who cares.

Soda Springs....

Soda Springs is an important landmark and stopping-off point along the trail. It gets its name from the alkaline (sodium) mineral springs you find there. Some travels seperate from the Oregon Trail at this point and head southwest to California. Other wait until they get to Fort Hall before going on the "California Trail".

Gee, I wonder if that's foreshadowing our next destination.

You know the drill by now:
Trade?

But before I go...

My demonic caulk. (Fuck you. I'm not wasting my time making it look any prettier than that)

Last edited:

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

im starting to worry about food but it dosent matter i vote to max out pace and run as fast as possable to the next checkpoint

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

You want me to increase hunting then?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

You've got enough bullets, since pretty much you just need one shot to get us the food we need each time (or so it seems) If the food consumed/lost vs. time spent hunting ration stays pretty low, yeah, up the hunting. If not, drop the meals and keep the strenuous pace.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

You've got enough bullets, since pretty much you just need one shot to get us the food we need each time (or so it seems) If the food consumed/lost vs. time spent hunting ration stays pretty low, yeah, up the hunting. If not, drop the meals and keep the strenuous pace.
<This>

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Jeez.. I need to update more often.

SO!

Time to move on to the next settlement which is... Right there? Fuck it, I'm not complaining. But this does mean I'm going to skip over that settlement and go to the next one.

We stopped about halfway to the fort to hunt, when suddenly an animal I have NEVER seen before shows up. A grizzly bear? Seriously? You can't take down a freakin' grizzly bear with one shot! Unless you had a magnum or something, which I doubt they had. They don't even give you enough food. Only 90-100 pounds, whereas a buffalo easily nabs you 300-400 pounds.

After just two days on uneventful travel, we got to Fort Hall.

For Hall is an outpost on the banks of the Snake River. It was originally a fur-trading post, founded by Nataniel Wyeth in 1834. Later it was bought by the Hudson's Bay Company. Ever since it has served as an important stop along the Oregon Trail, where emigrants can rest and buy supplies. Some travelers turn southwest at this point and head for California.

I think the developers were running out of things to write about, because this is the third time they've talking about going to California.

Seeing as how we really didn't need anything, I decided to move us to the next settlement which is about...

Oh wow. Couldn't they have moved the fort a little more in the middle of the two settlements?

And somehow after taking two steps away from the fort, our navigator got cholera. Five bucks says we'll no longer loose the trail or run into fog.

Along the way, we ran into the usual ox having no grass to eat, mexican water, and an ox getting sick. Oh and we found some wild fruit twice.

Other than that, nothing interesting happened. We're pretty close to the end. Let's hope we don't fuck up.

After leaving Fort Hall, the trail follows the Snake River for hundreds of miles. The Snake River gets its name from the way it twists and turns through this rugged country, sometimes through steep gorges. But the trail is fairly flat (though dry and desolate) near the river, which makes wagon travel possible. Crossing the Snake River, however, can be very dangerous.

... That is sooooo interesting.

Decision time!
Trading?
Revert to save to go to the Fort to buy junk?
How to cross?
Let Redshirt rest?

We're getting pretty close to the end guys. Who wants to make this interesting and make a dash for it?

Last edited:

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1. No.
2. No.
3. Indian halp plz.
4. Sure, if we have the time to spare.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

1. No.
2. No.
3. Indian halp plz.
4. Sure, if we have the time to spare.
Seconded. And since the health is poor (you'd *think* a doctor would know better) may want to bump the meals up again so they don't all get disentery and die on us.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I'm gonna toss in my two cents, and keep it simple:

LEEROY JENKINS it!

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

NOW we're talking. All in favor of Leeroy Jenkins?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I know how that turns out. No.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Argh, I agree with First Mate Copper. Quite a dangerous tactic, lad. No' a good plan.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Guess what I found at my thrift store today for $3? Now I can play the offline version...

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Damn straight. Is it this version or some other version?

Also I need a tie breaker vote. I still need... Toxic and Mo again to vote.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mo has NEVER voted so far, so ignore him.

Ignore toxic because I don't like him enough to wait for him. GO TO HELL TOXIC, IT'S BEEN A FUCKING WEEK AND I WANT TO GET TO THE PROMISED LAND.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Well I still need one more vote. You want me to flip a coin or something then?