DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The ULMF Trail

Coin flip said no Jenkins. So let's try to finish this with rationality (Blech).

SO!

We hired an Indian in exchange for two sets of clothes. Needless to say, our women were burned and our village was raped.

Despite all that, we continued travelling. A couple seconds later, however something unbelievably rare and lucky just happened.

Supplies! We're graverobbers! But seriously, finding abandoned wagons is extremely rare in this game and the fact that we hit one when things are getting kinda bad just makes this all the sweeter.
Of course, TokenFemale would have none of that and purposely got herself sick just to make our lives miserable.

But at the same time, Redshirt got better. This is hilarious because of what happens immediately after.

Oh Redshirt. Your inability to get us anywhere will be the death of us all! But at least nobody on the wagon likes you!

So yeah, Token Female got sick, while Redshirt turned into a loli. We lost four days right afterwards. We also found some fruit and ran out of grass for the oxen.

And then this shit happens again. Now I'm worried. So I changed our ration portions to filling again for the time being.

Surprisingly, that worked wonders and and in a couple of days, both of them already recovered, and our general health immediately sprang back up to fair

And then we got to another fort. Before anything else, lemme give you a rundown of this action packed adventure of the Oregon Trail.

We found an abandoned wagon full of supplies.
Token Female and Cannon Fodder both got sick and better within a span of about four days.
Redshirt got better too.
We couldn't move for about four days.
We found fruit.
We had no grass for the oxen for a day.
We drank Mexican water for a day.
We lost 49 pounds of food from spoiling.
And I decided to hunt, using one bullet and dragging back two hundreds pounds.

Now then...

Fort Boise was built by the Hudson's Bay Company in 1834 as a fur-trading outpost. Its name comes from the French word "bois-" meaning "wooded". That's because there are lots of trees here, unlike the dry region of the Snake River Plain to the east. An important stop on the Oregon Trail, it stands on the banks of the Boise River, a tributary to the Snake River.

And our status.

So decision tiem!
Trading/shopping?
Change rationing back to meager? (Keep in mind our general health is poor)
Also, we're at Fort Boise, which if I recall correctly, is only two or three stops away from the end. You guys wanna increase the updates to the next two stops then, or just keep going with one stop at a time?

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

The one I bought was 4th edition. I haven't installed it yet, so I don't know. You tell me, heh.

We hired an Indian in exchange for two sets of clothes. Needless to say, our women were burned and our village was raped.
But there was smallpox in the clothes, so it evened out okay.

Let's see...time to do some math and a little gambling. How many pounds of food does a filling meal take per day verses how many days we think we have left, especially if we drop pace to try and get our health back up. My thoughts are keep the meals filling, so long as we have the food for it (or can hunt.) and book it. As for the updates, go with two, unless something momentous happens between them (like someone gets sick again, we find a vein of gold, etc etc.)

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

We eat up 15 pounds every day on filling rations. We also travel 17 miles on strenuous, and we have 150 miles before the next checkpoint. We have 1526 pounds of food.

That means we have another we'll travel for another 89 days until we reach the next check point. We have another 101 days worth of food without hunting.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds like that will work, with hunting thrown in if things look like they're going to get tight (like if we lose more days.)

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ha ha! I totally remembered about this!

SO!

We started moving again at a filling and strenuous pace. As you can see, our health is kinda in the shitter, but nothing actually happened.

Nothing interesting happened a lot. We just kept running into "no water"s and "no grass" over and over. This kept happening so often that Cannon Fodder actually broke his arm and I forgot to get a screen shot of that. After that, we ran out of water some more again and then A wagon wheel broke, so we spent a day successfully fixing it. Of course, I was clicking rapidly again and skipped a screen shot there too.

We made it to Grande Ronde of the Blue Mountains without a scratch. Well, except for Fodder's arm.

The Grande Ronde (French for "great ring") is a river that runs roughly parallel to the Blue Mountains. T he Oregon Trail crosses through the Grande Ronde river valley just before the mountains. The Grande Ronde valley is noted for its beauty and is greatly appreciated by emigrants as a sign that their long journey is nearing its end.

Damn straight! This journey BETTER be over soon! It's September!

And here it is folks. The final time we choose. Since god knows we never once bought a damn thing at a fort, I went for the Dalles. This is because I love the game they make me play when I go there.

I made a save before leaving because you guys might not like what I'm gonna do. I set the pace to grueling, and left the rations at filling. Then I bolted to the Dalles.

After moving a couple inches, THIS happened.

Finally sick of Redshirt's shit, we put him down and moved on (Not really).

Closer.....

CLOSER......

WE'RE ON FIRE!

WE FUCKING MADE IT.

I was half expecting Redshirt to die just before we reached it, didn't you guys?

Anyway, The Dalles is the chief embarkation point for rafts heading down the Columbia River towards the Willamette Valley. It was named by French fur-trappers, who likened the deep, stony river gorge to a huge gutter. (In French, the word "dalles" can refer to "gutters" or "flagstones") Emigrants to Oregon often stop here to rest and trade before rafting down the Columbia.

Well, here it is folks. The endgame. You get to see me raft down the Columbia, past obstacles such as rocks, in order to keep this ship alive. Don't worry though. I've never once lost a guy in this part. It's soooooooo eas-

O.O

Um. That was because I wanted a screenshot of the rafting. I'll be serious n-

OH SHI-

Okay that was because I was typing! I'll j-

*Runs*

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Christ, man, you went from bad to hearse. Thank god there's the save. When in doubt, reboot.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

.... Just so you guys know, it's literally IMPOSSIBLE to have all the characters killed in one turn. If you look closely I screwed up on the Paint job, so there's a wider gap between Tentacle Express and Wagon Wheel. Also, I was sloppy and didn't bother editing the map on the right, which tells you where you are on the Columbia. As you can see, all three are at the exact same location. I didn't move once.

In other words, I was joking.

I already saved at the Dalles, and I'm going to try to get a video recording of that, complete with commentary from me.

Last edited:
OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Update from outta nowhere! I made a video play of our end, which actually had to be split into two parts. Enjoy guys, and I hope you guys had enough fun with this, despite the massive delays I kept putting you through. I'm actually interested in doing more of this and... Well just check the end of the second video to find out more.

A couple things. Do you guys want me to keep going with Let's Plays like this? I had fun doing this, but I don't know if you guys actually enjoyed it or not. One thing I definitely need to improve on is my update time. I'm really sorry for all the "weekly" updates when they were really supposed to be "daily" updates. So how about middle ground? How about I update every three or four days? That is, if you guys even wanna keep doing this.

As you heard from the video, I might actually do something other than Oregon Trail. Sim City 3000, for example, might be something you guys would wanna do. You saw some of my game collection there, so if you like what you see, tell me and let's see if we can turn that into a Let's Play where everybody can join in.

Also, you guys like the video format? I find it easier to do than the screenshot format. Should I try that more often or...?

Last edited:

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lol @ posting that 15 hours ago and getting no response

Anyway, I vote we use the video format. Also, I VOTE WE LP RUNESCAPE LOL

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

If I may offer my two cents' worth...

It's really up to you how much work you want to put into this. Here's a thought - would taking a video, then making screenshots of the video, be easier to do than taking screenies while you're trying to play?

As to games... I've never played a SimCity past 2000, so I don't know whether 3000 would really present decision points. Maybe every three months, or something?

I'll suggest , better known as "Star Control II", as a possibility. Do we want to force you to play with lousy Shofixti ships, try and cope with the workhorse Earthling Cruiser, or let you build up an armada of Chmmr? Investigate the Yehat, or annoy the Pkunk? Deal with the Druuge or not?

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I'll suggest , better known as "Star Control II", as a possibility. Do we want to force you to play with lousy Shofixti ships, try and cope with the workhorse Earthling Cruiser, or let you build up an armada of Chmmr? Investigate the Yehat, or annoy the Pkunk? Deal with the Druuge or not?
... What?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Anyway, I vote we use the video format. Also, I VOTE WE LP RUNESCAPE LOL
Tell me when to log in :D

Personally, video would be interesting, though I liked the banter of the postings.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

wayyyy harder then winning oregon trail with the teacher with 200 dollars left and bringing no spare parts clothes and just 1 box of bullets

also video would be nice

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

wayyyy harder then winning oregon trail with the teacher with 200 dollars left and bringing no spare parts clothes and just 1 box of bullets

also video would be nice