What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server

Well, I waited about an hour for people to notice, and I eventually got 2 people on at once. Seemed to work well. My setup was very minimal, and was downloading stuff at the same time, so it seems the server is not very hard to set up.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Sounds promising. Looking forward to this. And you never know what updates might come round before Maiko's ready too. I'm hoping for functional monsters and health to be added to multiplayer in the near future, which would certainly make things fun.

Felt like taking some pictures of my factory. Anyone want to take a tour?

A view from the front in the early morning. The "goods out" bay and the factory office can be seen on the right of the building. I'm not sure why a cactus factory would need smokestacks, but why not.

Entering through the main entrance and reception. Handling product without appropriate protection proved lethal to more than one stray animal wandering onto the site during design testing and construction.

The view from the ground floor looking across the central collection channel.

The rear of the factory, showing the furnace shack at the back. Here excess product is burned for no apparent reason.

The site managers office. A ladder behind the desk takes us down to...

The main collection area and goods out bay. Here product can be seen floating down the delivery chute, where it is packed into boxes and stored away whilst I try to figure out what anyone would want with so much cactus.

In timed testing this 4 cell factory could produce roughly 12 cactus per minute. I believe with a slight modification to the "harvesting poles" I could improve it's current efficiency by about 38%, and with a larger redesign of the walkways I could reduce wasted product falling outside the collection pool.

Spare collection, it is completely automated and self sustaining. It eliminates the need for a harvesting workforce, and the dangers of such work, saving food supplies for deep miners and those fighting monsters.

I am a cactus mogul. :D

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I haven't really played on a multiplayer server before, but I'd be interested in this. I'm not much of a construction builder, but if you need tunnels or stairs I'm your go-to guy.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It costs 400'000 dollars to run this cactus factory... For twelve seconds.

[/heavyweaponsguy]

Well, I had the completely wrong idea somehow. For some reason I thought the day/night version was multiplayer, stemming from the hope of having my 'adventure' with multiple people, instead of being the 'lone survivor' on this island.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I would join the server and build a mansion, but I would not be able to contribute to the costs. Sorry :(

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

No, I wasn't execting any monetary help with this at all. At the moment it seems like setting up a server in my apartment is going to be the easiest thing, given that Minecraft isn't the most resource intensive game out there, I'm looking at a pretty cheap build for the machine.

I just got off the phone with my ISP and I really have two options for running this server so that it won't affect my personal internet and so that my internet won't affect it. I could get a second phone line hooked up, or there's a type of router that can regulate the speeds for two or more computers accessing the internet. I'm going to take a look at the router option first, as that would require only a single payment and seems like it'll be the easier option.

If the router does as it should, then by this time next week we should be farming cacti and making mines.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wooo! Mines! Treasure, dungeons and underground bases!

As a matter of fact, I've decided to construct an underground base of sorts under my house. Using a ladder, I'd have good access to my mine from my house, should I ever not want to make the risky trip from here to there. And unlike most of my operations, I plan to decorate it~ So that way it looks pretty, instead of just a crude formation of blocks.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I did happen to get lost as I was digging down to the bottom of the map today. Managed to find over 50 pieces of iron and a fair bit of gold too. Eventually dug my way up to what I thought was an area I had never been too. Though when I turned around I realised I was only several hundred feet away from where I first started digging. Then I swam across a massive lake to a new area and cut down some reeds and cacti.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I have a staircase to my mines inside my base. It goes all the way from sea level to a cavern at the bottom of the map.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

screenie of your base? nearly all of my 'bases' are caverns carved into the sides of mountains/cliffs. I havent actually bothered making anything half way decent since I started playing MC.

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Screenshots if anyones interested. *warning. 22 images*

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's a mighty big underground swimming pool you've got there.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Holy shit, thats impressive. I see you put a lot of effort into your constructions.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Pretty good stuff there, but what's up with the cliff walls, missing chunk-natural effect, editor, or did you actually make the cliffs yourself?

Unfortunately, all my best work has been lost to older versions. I might be able to find a backup of a save somewhere and take pics, maybe. I had small offshore island with mining company facilities: underground living quarters and storeage, grand entrance, topside lounge with fancy man made waterfall, four mines, and three docking facilities (even though this was before boats). All made in modern archatectural style with lots of glass.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Damn, everyone's constructions are putting my piss poor cavern dwellings to shame. I need to get my act together if I want to become a productive member of mine-society.

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

but what's up with the cliff walls
This?

Was like that when i got there. Very strange....
...Just begging to be carved into a castle though!

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I'd say its some variation of the "missing chunk error". It happens sometimes, but generally its pretty obvious as it occurs in 16x16 pieces carved out to the bottom, not filled into the top.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

This may be relevant to your interests:

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I'm no Trekkie, but god damn that thing's impressive. I did notice, however, that he's working in creative mode, so he's cheating a little. But that must have taken hours and hours, and a lot of referance books.

I feel like trying to one-up him and build an Imperial Class Star Destroyer... no wait! The Deathstar! But the likelyhood of that happening is pretty small...

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

That is simply insane. I don't care if he's using creative mode, a custom client, and auto build hacks, that is one seriously impressive build.

Edit: Wait, getting ahead of myself. The description clears some stuff up. Even so, it's an awesome project, and going to take serious work manually placing the rest of the ships body.

Last edited: