DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

"Insults are a sign of a weak intellect. I bid you farewell, good sir."
I hate it when people talk like THAT. It doesn't make them sound intelligent. It just makes them sound like a pretentious asshole.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate Labor Day, I mean seriously what's the point. The only people who get it off, are the ones who don't have jobs.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate it when people talk like THAT. It doesn't make them sound intelligent. It just makes them sound like a pretentious asshole.
"That just confirmed my suspicions, thanks."

Sound familiar?

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I thought all self proclaimed "intelligent" people were just arrogant assholes?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I thought all self proclaimed "intelligent" people were just arrogant assholes?
I thought that was just me

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I fucking hate random assholes who just show up, and when you're telling them something you know, they just randomly say "You're fucking lying, dumbass" as if they actually have lived with me all of my life. GOD DAMN! I hate people who are like that!

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I fucking hate random assholes who just show up, and when you're telling them something you know, they just randomly say "You're fucking lying, dumbass" as if they actually have lived with me all of my life. GOD DAMN! I hate people who are like that!
This sounds like there's a highly amusing background story behind it.

I hate fake drama. You know the type. The monsters slowly creep to life, creeping after the hero or heroine, stalking him or her blah blah blah, when at the end of the movie/episode/book it shows they had the ability to annihilate said hero or heroine with the same ease as I would an ant. Or when the monsters are clearly moving three or four times as fast as the hero/heroine, but somehow never catch up; they're always 'right behind us!' I really hate suspense put in just for the sake of suspense. Get a clue. It's not suspense, it's just stupid. It's almost as bad as the evil megalomaniac being his own downfall because he blurted out his master plan to the heroes instead of just killing them. just be fucking realistic!

(you know, as much as monsters and evil megalomaniacs can be realistic)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

That's it minions put him in the unneccesarily slow dipping device. While I go disable the one button that can destroy my plans. Yes I know it takes an hour to disable it, but why should I worry. What do you mean where is the button it's right here.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate my customers.

So, yesterday I get this phone call and it was a guy that was looking for road atlases of the world with the States in them and, barring that, he wanted to know what our cheapest road atlas was. So I put him on hold, go look, dig through, yadda yadda, I'm not paid to be a personal shopper, since my paycheck clearly does not reflect this. Anyhow, I find something what he's looking for and then, after that, he's looking for a bible. Despite being Catholic myself, I hate helping people look for bibles. And it's even more difficult when they're not in the store with me. Still, I soldier on and I'm like "what kind?" "What do you mean 'what kind?'" "Well, there's NIV, King James, New King James..." "Why is there a new King James version?" I almost said "fuck if I know" but...work voice, work voice. So he's like "check the king james for me and see if they have the words of Christ in red and if there are some words that are in italics." Me: -_- "Well most of the bibles are *sealed* but I'll see what I can do." Ohyeah, and he wants *cheap* too. So I go look, remember that the packaging often says "Words of Christ in red" and there's sample text on the one that shows, yes, some words italicized. So I tell him all this and it's "Okay, thank you. Bye." I'm like "that's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back."

So then later that morning, phone rings again. "Yes, do you have street maps of east coast cities: boston, baltimore, dc, new york, and (I think) philly?" I'm like "Hold on. I'll go look." and I'm trying to remember all these names so I have a co-worker go stand by the maps, I pick up the phone and go "okay, which ones were you looking for?" and we're playing telephone *with* the telephone. Long story short there, we had all the maps they needed. Then, before the customer hangs up, I get "Thank you. And before you go, would you like to hear the complete truth about Jesus Christ?" I'm like "Nope, I have work to do today, sorry. Bye." *click*

Now, complete opposite end of the spectrum (sorta), I get the woman later in the day that's looking for books for her son and she's like "he's read this and this and I want to get him something else, but I don't want to get him anything like those satanist or witchcraft books." Without missing a beat I'm like "Witchcraft has *nothing* to do with satanism." *Insert uncomfortable moment of silence on her part* "Well, I'd like to see what you have to suggest." Not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I wound up ringing her out, too. Son ends up getting an Iron Man graphic novel (way to go! Alcoholic superheroes ftw!) and she also got a customer service survey. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with what I said. I'm not Wiccan but I can at least respect the religion enough to not let someone badmouth it. Granted, the delivery could have been a little better, but when I'm PMSing, sometimes the brakes just aren't there, especially by the end of a 9 hour shift.

One of these days, I'll have to share my story of the "illiteracy monster" with y'all. That woman was a trip and a half omg.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

This was surprisingly hard to find...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks for sticking up for the Pagans Copper!

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I hate my customers.

Now, complete opposite end of the spectrum (sorta), I get the woman later in the day that's looking for books for her son and she's like "he's read this and this and I want to get him something else, but I don't want to get him anything like those satanist or witchcraft books." Without missing a beat I'm like "Witchcraft has *nothing* to do with satanism." *Insert uncomfortable moment of silence on her part* "Well, I'd like to see what you have to suggest." Not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I wound up ringing her out, too. Son ends up getting an Iron Man graphic novel (way to go! Alcoholic superheroes ftw!) and she also got a customer service survey. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with what I said. I'm not Wiccan but I can at least respect the religion enough to not let someone badmouth it. Granted, the delivery could have been a little better, but when I'm PMSing, sometimes the brakes just aren't there, especially by the end of a 9 hour shift.

One of these days, I'll have to share my story of the "illiteracy monster" with y'all. That woman was a trip and a half omg.
Bravo! The misguided view of witchcraft and satanism being seperate needs to be heard more. Kinda gets on my nerves too.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah customers, we need them to earn our paychecks. Yet so many of them need to be strangled. I don't cover softlines in my store so I don't have to worry about books, but I get all the food questions instead. If another person asks me if something has trans fats in it I'll scream. It's marked on the flipping package for god's sake.

People hating on witchcraft should come stay with my family. I'm Catholic, but also believe in Hoodoo as well. My mom's Wiccan, my little brother's Presbyterian, and my ex was Jewish. Better yet don't have them visit my family we tend to belittle unaccepting people for some reason.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, we are all aware of those customers and it's annoying, but I was wondering.

In a sort of Bill Engvall, here's your sign type deal, do any of you have specific stories where you realize YOU were the customer? Even completely on accident?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bravo! The misguided view of witchcraft and satanism being seperate needs to be heard more. Kinda gets on my nerves too.
They are. Witchcraft as a religion is paganistic, while Satanism is the glorification of the fallen angel Lucifer for his rebellion against the Christian/Islamic/Jewish god.

If you meant Witchcraft as an activity, it's not tied to any religion, it was decreed Satanistic by the Catholic Church shortly after they took control of the Roman Empire.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure he was complimenting Copper for pointing out that difference to the customers.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I think Lurker just typo'd is all.