Re: Exploration CYOA

I am flat yet deep,
I am beautiful yet ugly,
I give both death and life,
I am incorruptible yet seduce the hearts of many men,
I am yielding as a woman's breast yet strong enough to topple mountains,
I have been conquered, yet remain untamed,
No man may own me, yet all men must own a part of me,
I am more powerful than the Pharoah himself.
Hmm, I have to go with Ocean on this one as well.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

[The correct answer was Ocean. Some of the lines could be interpreted as other answers but this is a variation of a classic riddle, not to mention none of the other possible answers could be 'flat, yet deep.' Also when I meant strong enough to topple mountains I meant literally =) Keylo... which answer were you thinking of?]

"Ocean," she said aloud, then waited nervously, biting her lip, hoping she had chosen wisely.

She sighed in relief as the golems parted their axes, leaving the shelf holding the crystal bare to her looting. Pocketing the angular crystal, she eyed the golems warily as she passed them, unsure what they would have done if she'd gotten the answer wrong. Still, she knew she wasn't done with these ruins yet. The crystal she'd obtained was near-worthless, just basic quartz. However, the ancients that built this type of ruin typically used crystals like this as keys, their unique shape fitting a certain lock, making it extremely hard to pick without having the physical crystal to fill the recess.

And, as a matter of fact, after she'd made her way back across the pool of slime without incident and retrieved her grappling hook, she found a large stone door blocking access to the corridor she'd left unexplored. There was a large recess directly in the center, with a crank handle set slightly to one side. Reaching up to the indentation, she fiddled with the crystal for a few seconds before finding the right fit, then pushed inward, hard. A low clank reverberated through the door, and she reached for the crank. She strained against it, grunting with the exertion of working against the old machinery. Once she got it moving, its own mass proved to be enough to keep it sliding to the side, until it slowly ground to a halt, opening into a wide, circular room.

Ignoring the quick-pull lever to the side of the door that she knew would rapidly close it and eject the crystal key, she cautiously moved into the room, holding up her torch high. There, at the exact center of the room, was a circular altar, with a smaller slightly raised circular pedestal, and a small golden figurine, leonine in shape. This room, she knew, would prove to have the most clever traps of the place. She would have to scan the place thoroughly to ensure that she wasn't caught in one.

The first thing she noticed were what seemed to be plants dotting the floor, except these were not leafy or green. Instead, they were a dark purplish or perhaps red color, with oblong bases and tapered, flexible appendages instead of leafy branches. They were completely motionless, but their tentacles were strewn all across the floor, and she would have to be extremely careful not to touch them. She knew of these creatures, and even though they were relatively minor monsters, she had no desire to tangle with this many of them, especially with no weapon but a grappling hook - poor defense against the multi-limbed creatures - and a torch, which would hold their limbs at bay for a while, but their bodies were more or less immobile. They were heavy sleepers, preferring to hibernate when not active, especially when there was no source of nourishment readily available. She was confident that she could walk around them, get to the statue, and make her way back without waking them... but was that truly the only trap in this room? There had to be some other gimmick.

She scanned the floor more carefully, attempting to pick past the tangles of tentacles strewn about, and finally saw them - slightly raised portions of the floor. Pressure plates. She would have to be very careful not to step on them. Looking at the ceiling, she unfortunately saw no purchase for a possible grappling-hook swing, and even if she had, she wasn't sure if she wanted to throw something that might not hit its target on the first swing - thus leaving it to plunge down into the mess of creatures, surely waking them. Perhaps she could hook the idol and drag it toward her; even if she woke the creatures up, if they were interested in the little golden statue, they surely would have left it unmolested all this time. She could remain out of reach of the creatures, but she wasn't sure if she'd be able to drag it through that mess, even if they weren't all awake and writhing. And she wasn't sure what those pressure plates did - what if the weight of the idol set one off? There was also a third option - there were sparse bits of rubble strewn about, and she was confident she could circle her way around the room without waking the creatures. She could possibly strike the idol with a rock, sending it flying toward the entrance, circle back around, and grab it with the grappling hook... but again, she risked losing it in that forest of tentacles. She reached up to stroke her lips as she pondered what to do.

A: Attempt to pick her way across the floor, put the idol in her pack, and walk back out without hitting the plates or the sleeping creatures.
B: Attempt to hook the idol with the grappling hook and drag it to her.
C: Attempt to circle around the back along the edges of the room with a rock, strike the idol and make it easier for her to retrieve with the grapple - or possibly knock it all the way past the creatures' grasp.
D: Other: put your vote here.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

1. The best approach may be the most direct one. The rest of the ways risk losing the prize at the end, even if it's mostly safe from putting yourself at risk...

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

((My answer was actually Nature in general, thus why I went with ocean. ))

Also, 1, the direct approach is best at times.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Good thing I didn't post then... Love not being the correct answer. D:

By Lurker's logic, 1; as much as I'd fancy being sneaky around the sides or grappling the target at a distance, losing the Idol in that mass would mean having to grab it manually anyway, hoping that the higher risk will pay off.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Quick inventory check: our nameless heroine currently only has:
  • a grappling hook tied to a rope
  • a backpack
  • some (small) number of torches
  • something to light the torches
  • the clothes on her back
Right? No Swiss Army knife, no water-filled canteen, no first-aid kit with antiseptic spray, nothing?

If not, I'm gonna have to go with option A - try to tiptoe around all the monsters and pressure plates. Gold's not especially flimsy, but knocking the figurine onto a hard stone floor would put some dings into it. And that's assuming she didn't knock it onto a pressure plate or a monster.

I'll also suggest that, assuming she makes it to the pedestal safely, she doesn't immediately scoop up the figurine. It could be resting on a pressure plate, too.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Quick inventory check: our nameless heroine currently only has:
  • a grappling hook tied to a rope
  • a backpack
  • some (small) number of torches
  • something to light the torches
  • the clothes on her back
Right? No Swiss Army knife, no water-filled canteen, no first-aid kit with antiseptic spray, nothing?

If not, I'm gonna have to go with option A - try to tiptoe around all the monsters and pressure plates. Gold's not especially flimsy, but knocking the figurine onto a hard stone floor would put some dings into it. And that's assuming she didn't knock it onto a pressure plate or a monster.

I'll also suggest that, assuming she makes it to the pedestal safely, she doesn't immediately scoop up the figurine. It could be resting on a pressure plate, too.
Falling rock traps and forgetting your hat after getting the idol would be a real downer, eh? :p

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

1. I was gonna say 3, but it'd probably fall and trigger a trap.

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

3 is right out. There's no way she could hit it hard enough to do anything but ding it and lower it's worth, at best, it would roll a bit and get stuck, making this option worse than #2.

#2 is right out as well. If she's already worried about a bad toss swinging across, then actually hurling her thing at the idol is foolish, since that's sure to trigger everything.

#1 isn't much better. Especially with those big ass boots on.

I vote D, then a modified A.

First, she tests a couple nearby vines by poking them a bit. Use ones way off to one side and poke them a couple times to see how out cold they are. Testing this will decide if she has a chance or not. Since if they're going to wake up at the slightest touch and be all over her, then A is obviously the wrong idea.

If that goes well, then A, except...

Take her shoes off first. The slime from before may react to skin, but these plants she seems to know just react to being touched and bothered.

By taking her shoes off, it will narrow her foot profile, and let her tip-toe through more easily, able to feel the vines, hopefully before they feel her, and get a better footing as she goes. This way if she has to walk into a more dense patch, she isn't going to be worried her boot accidentally stomps on part of them.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Remember, you can always melt a statue down for its gold. Dinging it doesn't necessarily decrease its value.

T-A-B

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Taking off your shoes is definitely a good idea, but intentionally poking them is just asking for trouble.

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Remember, you can always melt a statue down for its gold. Dinging it doesn't necessarily decrease its value.
Typically shaped gold can have a value greater than that of it's raw materials, if anyone desires it as is. I'd rather have the chance to see if anyone wants it intact and will pay more, than damage it up front.

Worst case, we melt it down anyhow.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Choice A (Head straight for the idol and attempt to walk right out)

Slipping off her boots and placing them at the entrance, she began slowly, carefully picking her way across the floor, the increased flexibility of being barefoot making it far easier to navigate the thick nest of coils, not to mention walk along the thin paths between plates. She made it all the way to the idol without incident, then sighed in relief, taking a bit of a breather, gazing at the little lion's figure. After studying it for several minutes, she determined that the figure itself was on some sort of pressure plate, and she'd have to replace it with a weight of some kind to prevent triggering whatever trap it was. Reaching into her pack, she took out her canteen of water, hefting it in her hand. It was a fairly large one, and she was confident that it would replace the weight nicely. Taking a deep swig to adjust the weight, she leaned forward, narrowing her eyes. She would have to be quick... and in one deft motion snatched the statue and left the canteen on the plate. She stayed there for a moment, listening intently, but nothing seemed to happen. She breathed a heavy sigh of relief and stowed the little figure in her pack, wiping a bead of sweat off her brow despite the cool interior of the dungeon.

Making her way back to the exit, however, met with disaster. The dancing shadows of the torchlight she'd left in a bracket next to the entrance made her miss one of the ropy tentacles in her path, and in her desperate, off-balance recalculation of her foot's course, she stepped squarely onto a pressure plate, which immediately let out a deep thrumming sound like some giant bell.

Immediately the creatures around her reacted - it seemed that sound roused them all to wakefulness. They began thrashing around, appendages curling in the air, trying to grab her and drag her down. Her heart pounding, she tried to escape from the nest of tentacles. They made swishing sounds as they whipped through the air, searching for anything to latch on to. It would have sent chills down her spine if she wasn't in full-blown panic. She was actually quite lucky on her run; there must have been at least fifteen tentacles that slapped against her boots and legs as she ran through before one gained purchase. She went down, and hard, as one thick vine wrapped itself securely around her ankle. Crying out in pain and frustration, she scrambled on her hands and knees, desperately trying to free herself, clawing her way forward toward the exit - she was two-thirds of the way there, it was just a little farther! But the hungry beasts weren't having any of it.

Curling around her wrists, they yanked her arms behind her back, rendering her helpless. Even though these were fairly young creatures as far as tentacle monstrosities went, they still clearly had plenty of experience, for her clothes were lying around her in tatters in a matter of seconds. Wasting no time, a pair of thick, ropy tentacles slammed their way inside her and began pumping energetically, stimulating both her entrances. She cursed at the familiar feeling, her hands and fingers twisting in their restraints.

She was honestly unsure about how she felt about her situation at that moment. She had been caught unawares by traps before, and even though she never really wanted to get raped, she didn't exactly find it a traumatizing experience. It was in her nature to be extremely pragmatic, far more so than the average person. As a result, whenever she did happen to find herself caught in a trap like this, she typically just relaxed and enjoyed the ride until she figured out some way to free herself. In this case, however, she didn't have any equipment to free herself, and no solutions were presenting themselves - it was very possible that she was stuck here with no way out. Adding to that fear was the frustration of having her prize in her pack, ready to be stolen - and she had gotten herself stuck in the very last trap before the exit. Still, no sense worrying about it in her current position; she had gotten herself out of worse predicaments, and if she kept a cool head, she'd get herself out of this one the same. In the meantime, she resolved to enjoy herself as much as she could - these creatures weren't evil, after all... they just wanted nourishment, she thought to herself with an almost maternal smile, and began moaning and bucking her hips as the pleasure overtook her system. In no time at all she was on her back, her arms still bound above her head, her ankles at her ears as the tentacles played with her body and never let up their relentless pounding of her insides, furiously double-penetrating her as she gasped and cried out in glee.

Her rape(?) went on for several hours. This level of tentacle beast wasn't mature enough to actually come to an orgasm and impregnate her - only the elder ones were capable of breeding - but they were capable of lubricating themselves, so she was quite messy with their slime despite the lack of seminal fluid. The endless screwing was tiring her out now, and she still hadn't come up with a way to free herself. She groaned tiredly as the many appendages wrapped around her moved her to her side, lifting her leg so they could continue fucking her. It still felt amazing, but the pain in her muscles was definitely telling her that human women just weren't meant to last this long, especially with partners this vigorous. Her breasts were sore from the wild bouncing, her throat was raw from constantly moaning - and the occasional scream as the creatures brought her to her peak, her hips and thighs were burning from the effort of working herself against them, and she didn't even want to think about how badly her innards were bruised. She knew she couldn't last much longer without some sort of break, perhaps another hour or two.

But even as this thought was running through her head, the creatures' motions began to slow, and kept slowing. It was as if they were gradually falling asleep. She opened her eyes and realized that there was a trail of sleeping beasts leading to the exit, and a pair of moccasins were in the edge of her view. She... was being rescued? An aged male voice hummed a merry tune, and she realized she could hear short bursts of squirting water over the mass whipping of the tentacle trap. The creatures all around her seemed to be hibernating once again, aside from the occasional twitch. "What..." she groaned tiredly as she was hoisted up in the man's powerful arms, gasping as the tentacles within her were unceremoniously pulled out. She had the presence of mind to wrap her hand around the strap of her satchel as she was lifted, and the man broke his cheery humming to give an equally cheery laugh. "Yes, yes," he murmured, and wrinkled hands gently relieved her of the pack. "Always got your minds on one thing..." He began to hum again, and safe in the embrace of this remarkably strong man, the idol safe in her pack, she felt that all was well, and allowed herself to finally slip into an exhausted sleep.

It was the bouncing of the carriage that finally woke her. Snapping to alertness, she sat up, then swiftly clutched the blanket she'd been wrapped in around her shoulders again as she realized she was still naked. The driver of the carriage looked over, then smiled. His face was incredibly wizened, and the smile only served to crinkle it further. "Awake, I see," he said, returning his eyes to the road ahead, reins grasped in his hands. "Your first question is going to be the location of the idol," he interrupted her as she opened her mouth. "Under your seat, in your pack. As are your boots. Your clothes were... unsalvageable," he said with a chuckle, as if he had some private joke running through his head. "We'll be coming up on a town, soon, where you can find a spare set of clothes. Or you can come to my place," he offered with a strange gravity through his voice.

"Who are you?" she rasped, her throat still raw from her ordeal in the ruins. "A merchant," he oldster responded with a shrug. "You can call me Aki. And before you go asking all the usual questions, I'm not going to tell you what I was doing in the ruins. I will, however, tell you how and why I saved you." He went on to ask her if she'd ever heard of the old rumor that a woman's breast milk could sometimes placate hungry tentacle monsters. Of course she had, but she'd never been pregnant and so had never had the opportunity to put it to a test - and really, what pregnant woman would go anywhere near the lair of a tentacle monstrosity? Well apparently it was true, and Aki worked for someone who had been researching this phenomenon for some time. The long and short of it was that they had developed a drug that would induce lactation in a woman, and quite frankly, Aki had saved her because he could make money off of her, which was also the reason as a sign of good faith he had let her keep the gold idol. He would give her the drug, free of charge, and as long as she took it regularly, she would be able to use her own breast milk to get by traps that involved that genus of tentacle creature. In return, she would have to make her way back to his facility twice a month in order to be milked. They would harvest her milk to market it and make money off of it, administer her dose of the drug, and set her free for another two weeks.

"It's a win-win situation," Aki said, clucking to the horses to slow them down; they were approaching a fork in the road. "You get the ability to avoid another situation like the one I found you in, and we get bimonthly product from you. We'll even give you a percentage of the profits," he added, "as long as you return to us regularly. All right," he said, tugging on the reigns to stop the carriage. "I'll take you to town if you'd like," he said, gesturing down one of the roads, the one that extended toward the tiny town she'd left from. "Or I can take you to our facility." He gestured toward the other road. "Up to you."

She was somewhat taken aback by his frankness, but his honesty was refreshing to someone as straightforward as her. It seemed like he was genuinely interested in having her as... a what? A patient? Customer? Shareholder? She wasn't really sure what her title would be. But he didn't seem deceptive, or even possessed of that quality of greasy slyness that most salesmen were coated with.

Choose whether or not we want to be a part of Aki's facility.
We'll have to return here every two weeks to get milked. We'll get paid a certain amount every time we do.
Our heroine's breasts will begin to lactate. As long as she has milk, we can use it to placate certain monsters, putting them into a comatose-like state temporarily.
She'll only have a certain quantity of milk. It refills over time. %full of milk will be in the statistics spoiler.
There are five levels of milk production. At level 1, the quality of her milk is very poor, and will require a great deal to placate a monster. Subsequent levels will require less time to recharge, less milk to placate a single monster, and she'll make more money on her bimonthly visits to the facility. Every time she goes to the facility she has a chance of "leveling up" her production.
The catch is the drug is habit-forming. If we say yes we can't go back. (is this really a catch?) Other than that, there are no truly harmful side effects.
Be sure to ask any questions you might have on this mechanic when you write your vote. You're more than welcome to change votes if my answer changes your decision.

Our answer:
A: Have him drop us off at town and read the quest board. We won't be as careless next time, and now we have some funds to afford some decent equipment.
B: Another tool in our arsenal is never a bad thing, plus lactation is hot. Let's go with him.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I say B. It would mean another source of income and eventually a way to by pass tentacle monsters.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Agreed.

B

It does seem a bit suspicious that the merchant just happened to find us inside that dungeon, but I'm willing to believe he's just looking for willing participants so he can gather more product.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

...That went well.

Possibly another tool, sooner the better, but the potential of forming a habit and effectively handing some control over to a conveniently-encountered Merchant should be considered, especially one who just wants to make money out of a fool... B I guess, but not without some caution, also hoping to re-equip clothing and items then join them?

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

B - Give her some cow horns as well,.

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

I vote that we ask him if we can sleep on the offer. Everything seems a little too convenient (although, that could just be the GM trying to give us something).

Request that if he's being honest, we have a chance to talk to anyone else he's offered the deal to tomorrow, and we head to town for tonight. We'll meet him at his factory tomorrow then, hopefully armed in case anything odd goes down.

So uhm...

I guess my vote is back to town, but modified.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Eh, I'd see if we can milk him for more money (oh ha ha, yes :p), but other then that will go with B. I'm not one to do a deal with no haggling.