What's new

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

It's the year 2011... so we've been around two thousand and eleven years without including everything B.C.E.

So, when was this "problem" going to take care of itself, because a few millenia of generations that lived to like 40 max didn't take care of it.
There are far, far more average/good looking people on this earth than there are that are genuinely ugly. There are still billions of people on the planet, and all it takes is two ugly people in love, or possibly one average or better person who's in love with someone ugly, or possibly some manner of recessive trait, for an ugly baby.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's kinda hard to define "ugly people" because everyone has their own tastes and desires. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are some people out there that I find horribly ugly, but most of them usually have partners. And even if we're just talking about physical attraction, I know there's a few men and women out there that I think are the prettiest, most attractive people I've ever seen. A few times I told friends about my various crushes and things, and sometimes they aren't attracted to those people at all.

Then there's sexual selection and hominids, but even then the attractions arose mostly out of survival. Like when hominids lost their fur, they were probably more attracted to furless people. But it was really more to do with demonstrating healthiness and fortitude. Of course I don't want to have sex with a louse infested person when I can have parasite-free sex! Now that our survival is based on a combination of strength, healthiness, intelligence, ambition, and other things, it's probably even less likely that we have some sexual evolution happening.

Aren't they all?
No, they are the cutest little things. The problem is the whining, crying, and pooping. ^_^

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, studies show there most likely is universal beauty, symmetry and bone structures and all, and we're all mild adaptations. Even if they're ugly, if you actually start averaging faces together, the more you put together, the more closely it resembles the universally attractive generic model.

Plus people get mates not just because people are attracted to them physically but usually because of closeness in "league" so to speak. Sure it sounds like some line out of a bad comedy romances that 2's date 2's and 8's date 8's but it actually is a studied part of social psychology in attraction

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Ah, but when you make someone entirely with 'perfect' features, they stop looking human. It starts to look alien and strange, it's just too perfect.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

Perfection is something you seek, not something you can find.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I hate the distributor for the store I go to, to get my games. I may not get Dragon Age II until later this week because the distributor fucked up. This is a bit ridiculous.

I'm only pissed because I've been waiting so long, and because I put a pre-order down so I can't take my business elsewhere as I've done in the past when their distributor decides to fuck the dog.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I hate the distributor for the store I go to, to get my games. I may not get Dragon Age II until later this week because the distributor fucked up. This is a bit ridiculous.

I'm only pissed because I've been waiting so long, and because I put a pre-order down so I can't take my business elsewhere as I've done in the past when their distributor decides to fuck the dog.
D: you poor thing!

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You just got the game... give it some time. At least you get to bloody well play it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At least you'll have your rpg inside of a week. Two at most. I have to wait until bloody November.

Edit: Also, I hate our species.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

At least you'll have your rpg inside of a week. Two at most. I have to wait until bloody November.

Edit: Also, I hate our species.
November? Why so long?

And while our species is indeed capably of great darkness, it is also capable of great good. It's just that the good is quieter.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

So a week or two ago we had a small family get together because my dad was in a bad mood and needed cheering up (IE everyone stopped doing their own thing and went out to eat). So when I asked recently what we'd be doing for my birthday, they gave me five bucks and told me I could get something special for lunch that day... :rolleyes:

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

YAOI!!!! I. FUCKING. HATE. YAOI!!!!!! I have no problem with the stories, characters, etc... But I seriously can't be the only one whose girlfriend is so fucking obsessed that she refuses to admit the fact that I don't want to know all about the guys kissing, and how hot they are without shirts on, and how well-endowed they are. I don't like yaoi. I have no problem with gay people, but I don't like yaoi. I don't want to hear about all these guys that you drool over, that are obviously so much better than me, even though they're just drawings. Oh, but I'm not allowed to even dislike it, or I get a guilt trip about how I apparently constantly attack her favourite obsession. I always bite my tongue when it comes to yaoi. I will never say a bad thing about it, but when she's trying to shove it in my face...

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

when she's trying to shove it in my face...
You shove it in her face!

That'll either switch her attention to something you like or piss her off so much that she'll leave you alone, either way you won't have to deal with yaoi, it's a win-win situation!!!:rolleyes:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

November? Why so long?

And while our species is indeed capably of great darkness, it is also capable of great good. It's just that the good is quieter.
Skyrim.

Less a problem of capability. More a matter of choices.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Skyrim.

Less a problem of capability. More a matter of choices.
Don't even get me started on Skyrim. As much as I want to get my claws in Dragon Age 2, Skyrim is the one I really want... but that's a fair ways away, so I'm trying not to think about it until the day roles closer.

And John please tell me yer saying that jokingly. Because it's such a smart idea to piss your girlfriend off. Still Luppi, she is being unfair showering you with something that you're obviously not a fan of.

At the same time how do you think a girl feels having to listen to guys go on about lesbians and hot chicks and how much better they are than she is all the time? I'm not saying you do it per se, but it's still a two way street.

So you could use this to your advantage, rather than shoving your dick in her face start going on about yuri.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Most people in emotion are irrational. I'm getting pretty tired of the same few arguments I keep having with this girl where I offer logical points to which she offers double standards, to which I shut down, at which point she says something personal or sarcastic in a way to talk to down to me as if superiority automaticall wins her the argument. And the few times I ever call her out of talking down to me, all she has to do is turn on the tears and it immediately gets turned into a situation where I had upset her.

So after having explained my problem of a similar root, and in my rare emotional and irrational state, I'll say, don't take the yuri option, because she will suddenly flip out along the same vein in your face, because the clear cut example of show and tell to illustrate exactly how she might be unfair is doesn't work anymore because people can't see through themselves. The best option would probably be telling her to her face in a calm and "we should sit down" kind of way, at which point she might apologize for the misunderstanding and try to disclude you from that crazed obsession, or she will reveal how crazy she is by irrationally bringing up a completed unrelated problem she has with you because the only way to express an opinion to her is by fucking being perfect all the time, or else everything you have to say is instantly invalid.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

So, talked with my mom about it, and I'm dropping one of my classes this semester. I bit off more than I can chew, and just now realizing it. Now, normally, this would be a good thing, since, hey, I admitted it's too much instead of plowing through and killing my GPA like I'd normally do.

Now, what we've got here is a failure to communicate with my step-dad.

I can't tell him that I'm doing poorly without him going ballistic and attributing it to vidya gaymes and compooters, and removing all said gaymes and comps from my room. If it were 2 classes, which would leave me at 2 classes to finish this semester, he'd be hauling me off to find a job. I'm not opposed to having a job, but the thing is, I've tried. No, seriously, I have. No, SERIOUSLY. There is nothing around here. Not even anyone at the mall. A MALL FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
ANYWAYS. But yeah, can't say shit to him, which sucks, 'cause I'd like to let him know, but even my MOM agrees that I shouldn't tell him. Hell, she's the one that said to not tell him.
I'd like to be able to talk with him about school stuff, I would, but he just doesn't apparently remember his own college - apparently he dropped more than one class - and thinks that I should be getting straight A's and just sailing through college as if it's the easiest thing in the world.

TL;DR - I hate that I can't tell my step-dad that I'm dropping a class because I know he'll overly over-react.