What's new

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

Heh, kind of similar to that, but I got a widescreen HD monitor years ago, but still tended to run at some rather low resolutions, both due to the other hardware, and not having great eyesight. Just upgraded my comp and decided to try out some higher settings, and now I'm having the opposite effect in some games, where text is too small, heh.

Though on a more grumbly front myself, I thought something was seriously wrong with the new comp, until I realized said monitor was just being a bit temperamental and wanting me to manually switch from VGA to DMI each time I booted up...

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

So I don't typically rant on here, but this is particularly bothering me because of the sum of the circumstances.

I got an early Christmas present last weekend, a new computer finally. This was great, as the old one was a beast when we made it, but that was 2006. It still had XP, and the RAM was starting to fail. Even the cheap efforts we put in now are going to last me for awhile. Furthermore, it was a "free for me" type thing, so even better for someone trying to save money in grad school.

However, after finally being free of the constant glitchyness of the old PC itself, this past week my video inputs had been acting up. I chalked it up to a quirk of the new hardware, somehow, and found a way to deal with what I thought was the problem. Turns out I was wrong, my monitor was going out, and now just to be able to use my new machine I had to go and shell out about 2/3 of what the upgrades themselves cost on a new display. If that was it, I'd probably be just grumpy. Hell, I even tried to look on the bright side, getting in terms of size a slight upgrade from what I had. By luck of the draw, though, I appear to have gotten the one device that doesn't scale well when changing resolutions, sticking me in one that I really don't like and making everything really fuzzy, or not even stretched and fit properly to the screen if I try and change it :\

Edit: Heh, now I'm in slightly better mood, because I completely forgot I made a post yesterday about how it was acting up, but just as a "I know how you feel". It's like life is trying to foreshadow on me personally...

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

OK! I am here in the Hate thread, most likely only my SECOND appearance in these hallowed halls. *Bows and gestures imperiously for more applause* Now, I have a great deal of trouble hearing people in a call center over the sound of how awesome I really am, And ladies and gentleman, that's pretty damned loud. Because of this, I'm generally hard to upset, Surely I understand the people on the other end of the line have a shitty job that they hate, and I should just enjoy the sound of my own awesome, and NOT make their lives any harder then possible.

HOWEVER. Having to listen to a gods be damned AUTOMATED MACHINE asking me INANE Questions just before speaking to these people can make that difficult some days, and, try as I might, However Awesome I may be, I can still hear these machines, because, sadly, they are just as annoying, just as evil, Just as LOATHSOME, as I am Awesome, and my ears suffer from the inevitable clash of my own incredible gloriousness and the pure evil of automated call machines.

FOR ENGLISH! PRESS 1!

Every time I hear this phrase, in the United States, I want to strangle something. hearing a machine ask in Spanish and provide an option IN SPANISH for SPANISH SPEAKERS is entirely acceptable, but don't you dare ask me if I'd like to continue the conversation with a mother fucking machine in the god damned primary language of the country I'm in.

But all my rage for these miserable machines and all their problems aside, I'm actually here to bring joyous tidings! :D

For to you all within the Hate thread, who hate, who know hate, who... LET the HATE FLOW... something something darkside? No no my friends... WE ARE THE DARKSIDE!

I'm here to recommend a new, beautiful, underground holiday! That we shall practice in secret, and only explain to those worthy when we are caught in the act of what appears to be mindless destruction, only to help kindle the flame of our hatred in new hearts and minds, and the will to strike down this evil foe.

Once a year, on a hateful day of our hateful choosing, we should, without fail, head out to anywhere that handles these... MACHINES... OR failing that, Any machine holding the program, and go fucking OFFICE SPACE on the damned thing! somewhere public! hopefully in front of the machines family and loved ones! So we can hear their automated sorrow and outrage as their monotone family member cries out in their monotone voice "For A More Brutal Public Execution of Myself, Press 7. For Mercy. Please. Stop. For Mercy."

This, I submit to you...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Soooooo, what yer saying is it should be Press 1 for Cherokee?

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

So... the monitor failing was legit... but the video card failed now too... *facepalm*...

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sometimes I just really resent flattery, it has the effect of boosting a person's ego to the point that they believe that all of their actions is justified and that they are above everyone. I've seen a lot of decent people become huge snobs or very obnoxious because of all the ass kissing they received over the course of time.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Really hate waking up during the winter to find out that the furnace is out...

...Especially since it got really cold last night, and my room has three outside walls that aren't insulated that well.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ugh. Good luck getting that fixed, Wolf.

Know what I hate? "Reply to all." Know what else I hate? Chatty fucking co-workers. Know what I hate even more than that? The fact that I am *still* getting text messages on my phone from said chatty co-workers, despite the fact that the original text was sent YESTERDAY at 9 in the morning. I got 20 texts in the span of 10 minutes as my ancient phone *finally* caught up to them. I got the text my *other* co-worker sent telling them to shut the hell up that she sent at, like, 1 in the afternoon at 2 in the morning YESTERDAY. Granted, I am not the most tech savvy individual out there and I don't have to have the latest phone the millisecond it comes out but I at least know how to stop a reply chain and not annoy the hell out of everybody else.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Apply for and get invited to interview for IT Technician Apprenticeship at a school.
After the interview, get phonecall informing that I unfortunately wasn't successful. Bummer, really really wanted that one. Nice to get instant notice though. They also let me know that the successful candidate won out purely by experience, for reassurance of sorts. Apparently, he had done the exact same job before, in another school.

So have I naively misunderstood the defining purpose of what a sodding apprenticeship is actually about? Or what? Are they still going to pay this fully qualified guy the same £80 a week (for a one year period) that I was offered, or did they suddenly decide to scrap the idea of it being an apprenticeship altogether?

I'm kinda at my wits end, and now lined up for more seasonal burger flipping work at a themepark. So fucking fed up of the endless trap of temp work.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Update on the phone thing: So I actually went so far as to change my cell phone number to get the texts to stop (they won't come through, as they are going to the old number.) So far, so good. Only texts I've gotten today have been from the people responding to the text I sent out of "I have a new number, if you're getting this, it means you're important enough in my life to warrant knowing how to get ahold of me." Not in so many words, but...

I also hate pissy wait staff. Cuddlebuddy and I went out for a Valentine's dinner at a place we genuinely enjoy going. Waitress seemed pleasant enough and while it was busy when we got there, it died down while we were eating our meal. We then proceed to wait 15 or so minutes for drink refills toward the end of our meal and by that time, CB's food had gotten cold. Also in that time, waitress brought over my boxed up food and NO DRINKS and we're getting ignored by the other waiter that's covering the section we're in. So we asked to speak to the manager and explained the situation. CB got two new scallops and a fresh order of pasta, which was mostly fine except they forgot to leave a fork (I still had mine and passed it over) and we were about done with the meal *anyway*. I get up to use the restroom and in the meantime, CB needs another refill. I come back to see the waitress putting it down and I get mouthed to me "Now we have an attitude." She then brings us our check, makes no mention of dessert (which was part of the reason we chose there to begin with.) Instead of doing my usual passive aggressive of "So, about dessert..." I just tucked my card in the thingie and let her scoop it up. The HOSTESS then brings it back to us for the signature. So the waitress got a shit tip and we gave what she would have gotten to the hostess, because she was one who took care of us most of the meal.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

With every passing day I'm getting closer to considering finding another apartment to live in as everyone I have to deal with around here are so fricking incompetent at doing their jobs I'm amazed they've managed to survive.
Noisy neighbors in the middle of the night? The anti-disturbance service can't even follow instructions to find the guy's door even though they knew my name, which floor I lived on and also the name of the perpetrator and that he lives directly above me.
My fridge has been completely silent for the 6 years I've lived here and over a month ago it suddenly started echoing across the whole apartment, repairmen claim it's perfectly normal and don't do anything about it even though I insisted that I can't get a good nights sleep in the sudden noise.

Sadly there's not a single vacant place left in the whole town and there's no guarantee that I'd be able to get some peace and quiet there either.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Eeesh. Good luck, Auri. Hopefully they at least took care of the noisy neighbor problem? As for the fridge, I got nothing. If the repairmen looked at it, chances are things don't need replaced, but maybe something came loose?

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Awww that sucks Aurani. I used to have that problem with my freezer. It would randomly start buzzing like it thought it was a helicopter, and I couldn't sleep or anything. Then one day, it just went back to normal. Here's hoping your's fixes itself too? :(

VSPAR

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I hate those who hate.

To include:
Anyone on or associated with Fox News.
Anyone with deep religious convictions that hate on anyone because of those convictions.
Anyone who believes that the country (usually the US), is doomed to fail because of any certain group of people, other than themselves.
Anyone who has posted in this thread, to include myself.
Pretty much everyone.

People I don't hate:
My wife.
My daughter.
My dog.
My cat, although kinda, cause she is always waking me up at like, 2 in the morning with her butt on my nose, meowing the loudest possible, for no apparent reason (bitch).

InB4:
You hate your parents? Yes.
Brother? Yes.
Sister? Yes.
Secret evil twin you haven't met yet? What part of evil did you not understand?

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Secret evil twin you haven't met yet? What part of evil did you not understand?
You clearly ARE the evil twin.

R

Ryka

Myself.

My upbringing.

People trying to crush what little character I build upon myself in the advent of the above.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I hate the first of April and every single retard who perpetuates the cancerous "holiday" it brings with it.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

people who claim to respect you but then call you annoying, only to play the victim when you say it back.