What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

flurki

Reputation score
@Icevail
Unfortunately the texts for the skill window during combat are not stored as texts but as shapes (e.g. shape 2027). Editing will not be that easy.

I've also started a more thorough translation attempt of the new Miyui game which will take some time.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@flurki

I see :unsure:

That certainly clears it up then, I went into the shape section and there those were, neatly organised next to one another.
Alright, I won't work any further on with Miyui since there is already someone working on it.

On the side note, is the first special attack from top left supposed to be unlocked right off the start?
I mean, it shows both -locked- and unlocked buttons on it, its usable but shows up as locked ability, it can even be unlocked from the skill menu,
then the -locked- text disappears from it, its like wasting SP at this point to unlock it :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

Last edited:

Ialdabaoth

Reputation score
@flurki

I see :unsure:

That certainly clears it up then, I went into the shape section and there those were, neatly organised next to one another.
Alright, I won't work any further on with Miyui since there is already someone working on it.

On the side note, is the first special attack from top left supposed to be unlocked right off the start?
I mean, it shows both -locked- and unlocked buttons on it, its usable but shows up as locked ability, it can even be unlocked from the skill menu,
then the -locked- text disappears from it, its like wasting SP at this point to unlock it :ROFLMAO:
After testing it out, that ability's sole worth is being able to slash away her clothing, depending on whether you hit the top or bottom choice.

christianpark13

Reputation score
Hello. I"m alive and well. Still polishing translations from starting college. Nothing is hard, just trying to fit in the new semester and then i'll finish up the translation.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Translation for Miyui is progressing well, I think I can release a first version soon.
Cool, Maybe we can compare how our translations differ from one another, I made a proper one for myself while I was waiting for the plane to arrive (starting to travel back towards home).

There are some terms like 'Fumashi' and 'Reizau' that caught up my attention, and quite interested to see what you've translated those as, same with the battle skills she uses, I went mostly with Phoenix related names on Miyui's special attacks, few examples;

'Soaring Phoenix'; she jumps in air and shoots few projectiles before coming crashing down on MC.
'Phoenix Flame'; the attack that drains AP and special meter from MC.
'Feng Swordslash'; the double slash she makes that can't be blocked in mid attack.
'Kazuyuki Slash'; the single slash she does from horizontal direction that can't be blocked in mid attack.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
I've yet to translate any of her attacks. Currently I'm trying to edit and save the shapes in the correct vector graphics based svg format. I think it is working well now :).

I also have to say that I'm not an expert in japanese in any way. I can tell what is going on in almost all of the scenes, but mostly I'm also translating it with a little bit of artistic freedom and after consulting many translation sites. My main effort is for ensuring that dialogue can be read fluently (e.g. MC dialogue responses directly match her previous sentence, or her follow up sentences relate to the previous ones). This requires actually playing the game a lot to test it out, too. I'm also trying to fit in her change of character in various scenes (e,g, her possession phases) and reflecting that in her dialogue.

If you have any suggestions or solutions for any part, I'm always glad to take or discuss them :)

How much did you translate while waiting for your plane by the way? I'm curious :eek:.

flurki

Reputation score
I see, well I don't think there's much left for me to do then. Why not simply release it?

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I see, well I don't think there's much left for me to do then. Why not simply release it?
No no, I made it just for myself, not taking your spotlight as one who delivers the translation, and besides, I want to compare how much different approach we take in the dialogue :)

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
Alright, but there are no fixed spots for translating any game ;). I just thought I might take up the task for a newly released game, but that certainly doesn't prevent others from doing so, too.

Anyways, thanks for the clarification. I will continue with my version then. If you want, you could provide me with your translation version as an input source. It's always nice to have as many sources as possible to deliver the best result.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Anyways, thanks for the clarification. I will continue with my version then. If you want, you could provide me with your translation version as an input source. It's always nice to have as many sources as possible to deliver the best result.
Absolutely, I'll do it once I have more solid connection at hand (using mobile connection right now, too slow and unstable to upload anything).

Summary of what I did translate;

-Skill/Stat point allocation screen, for the most part at least, to shapes I won't be able to do anything about.
-Dialogue + Choices, all pre-fight and post-fight, including extra 1-4 modes.
-All endings dialogue, before and after sex.
-Miyui's battle skills, you know what is coming if you have the mind read ability.
-MC's battle skills, as much as I could, modifying shapes is not on my department.

What I did not translate, nor plan to;

-Text/ Buttons reliant on shapes (certain parts of battle UI), its outside of my knowledge on how to do it.
-Sex scene talk, (went through it and its mostly the same we've seen in Karen / Irene / Reimi with very slight alterations), as I'll be busy with Irene's mid sex dialogue for a while once I get back home.

Last edited:

flurki

Reputation score
I just spend one hour rearranging all items on the main screen because their position changed due to altered text <.<. I also created new shapes for the logo and the mode options. Phew. Maybe I'm overdoing it a little bit ^^

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I just spend one hour rearranging all items on the main screen because their position changed due to altered text <.<. I also created new shapes for the logo and the mode options. Phew. Maybe I'm overdoing it a little bit ^^
I used font 1956 for the main screen with letterspacing of 5, only had to move 'Love End' text down just a bit to align it with rest of the endings.

deathwish$

Reputation score
Can i help you? I just start translating but but i don,t wonna translate same text so can you give my link to your translate so i can do it wich you?

flurki

Reputation score
I used font 1956 for the main screen with letterspacing of 5, only had to move 'Love End' text down just a bit to align it with rest of the endings.
I tested it with that font but the texts are still a little bit off columnwise (not centered). That font looks a lot better than the original 111 one though. Meh, maybe I'm changing it to that one then *sigh*. I noticed that some texts, e.g. Love End, are a slightly off on the y axis, too. Weird.

Can i help you? I just start translating but but i don,t wonna translate same text so can you give my link to your translate so i can do it wich you?
Thanks but I'm almost finished now (with the main file at least, which contains all menus, combat and most of the dialogue.

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys, just a PSA, if you're working on translations you should send your progress to Darkfire so he/she can update the OP with currently ongoing translations.

I'd do it but I'm a little confused as to who's doing what now for everything.

flurki

Reputation score
Hey guys, just a PSA, if you're working on translations you should send your progress to Darkfire so he/she can update the OP with currently ongoing translations.

I'd do it but I'm a little confused as to who's doing what now for everything.
You mean send a PM or simply reply in this thread? ^^ Anyways, I'm currently working on a translation for Miyui and it's progress is very far already.

@Icevail
Do you have any suggestions for a translation of the red and blue texts right below the HP bars (which are basically their names I think)? Would be appreciated :)

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
You mean send a PM or simply reply in this thread? ^^ Anyways, I'm currently working on a translation for Miyui and it's progress is very far already.

@Icevail
Do you have any suggestions for a translation of the red and blue texts right below the HP bars (which are basically their names I think)? Would be appreciated :)
@flurki

The red is her name 'Kyuga Miyui' and since the blue one is obviously not MC's name, but rather than his 'title', I'd say 'Possessed Youth' would be the closest I can come up with from 仮初めの憑代, but one can always use artistic approach and give MC a proper name instead of the title he has, or you can pull off the 'Possessed Onii-san' for the lulz.

P.S I'll upload my translation soonish and send you the link for it, improve and use what you want or just throw it to recycle bin if you feel like it, also on side note, Miyui was updated with some bug fixes after its initial version, unless there were changes to dialogue actionscripts, one can just copy paste the contents from old version to new one if update is necessary.

@Burningscarlet

I just made translation for myself to kill time in the airport, its not going to see the light of day, just giving a hand to flurki with his translation while making my way back home so I can continue with Irene.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
@flurki

Just a heads up. I plan on applying my decensor work on top of your translation. This way you don't have to worry about trying to use my latest decensor as a base. I've made quite extensive notes on what I need to adjust, so it doesn't take me that long to do.

Last edited: