Reputation score
Re: Kathy's Legend of Zelda CYOA

xivvix E

Last edited:

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

(Further tales of Sakon to be released in a future post if requested. For now, back to our main story starting next post!)
I liked flashback part 1. Part 2, not so much, but then I didn't vote for it ;)

Current Vote!
I don't think it's very heroic for Link to be very aggressive and manipulative, so I will go with choices B and D. It makes sense that after seeing what kind of end her recent actions would lead to Link would actively attempt to act against her current trends, even reverting to an earlier, more naive, personality type in an extreme attempt.

As for a custom choice, my E would be:
Link's Shyness/Sluttiness: -, Link is embarassed when she is in an openly sexual position, but is experienced and heroic enough to deal with it and continue on.
Link's Naivety/Cunning: +, Link has figured out that most of the people are looking out for themselves, and may be attempting to trick her. She will be more suspicious, asking people for some way to prove their claims, but willing to give some people the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes she will trick those who she doesn't trust (Sakon, Gorons, etc).
Link's Kindness/Cruelty: ---, Link wouldn't be the heroine of Hyrule if she weren't willing to put herself into the most dangerous of scenarios for the betterment of others.

Link's Social direction:
Slavery: -, Link will stop any signs of slavery she can find, but her main mission is to stop whoever is trying to take over the world.
Zora: +++, The Zora's have rallied behind Link, and she should repay that trust by doing whatever she can for them.
Hylian: ++, The Hylians are, generally, good people, and she should be helping them when she can.
Goron: --, The Gorons have taken a dark path and it's up to Link to stop them. If they can be redeemed, she will help them, but until they show remorse, she will have no pity on them.
Gerudo: +, The desert Gerudo seem to be in trouble, and Link should help them. The sea Gerudo are causing trouble, and Link should try to turn them around.

Last edited:

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Um... I think you guys have misinterpreted the last little bit of the vote, specifically the Inter-racial Interactions part. We aren't voting on Link's attitude towards the Zoras etc... we're voting on Link's attitude towards Zoras and, say, Hylians interacting. Trading, dating, intermarrying, that sort of thing. That's my thought, at least.

So... I'm gonna go through and ramble off my opinions on the various options:

Option A) I'd have to say this one's out. Link detests slavery, and is still straitlaced enough to be shocked at the thought of such lasciviousness.

Option B) This one... seems to be the most preferable of the four. A subtle adjustment in the direction of the ideals that started her on the path of heroism.

Option C) Aggressive as all get-out sounds good, in theory... but unless she gets that sex-drive under control... well, her sword can only be in one place and suppress one scandal at a time.

Option D) Link's an adult. Naive's not going to cut it.

So if I were to customize a response:
Shyness/Sluttiness: 0 - she tries to restrain herself more than she has been, difficult as that is in the face of the GO1 condition.
Naivety/Cunning: + - she tries to become slightly smarter about her choices, while not trying to seem as if she considers every possible angle for its effects on her.
Kindness/Cruelty: 0 - she's been pretty kind towards others, thus far... I don't see this changing much.
Slavery Attitude: 000 - she's totally against slavery in all its forms. At some point she's gonna go after the Gorons to get them to stop.
Inter-racial Interaction: ++ - she encourages the races to trade with and support each other.
Gerudo Society: 0 - she tries to tone down the aggressiveness of Gerudo attitudes... not that we've seen very much of them.

I assume this "Compass of Time" spell is a one-time offer?

darkwyn

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, I'm rather indecisive about this...however: I will support the following.

In Agreement With

B. As we can see, being the extreme slut and wannabe warrior she is now, Link's fate is sealed to be a miserable one. Trying not to be so sexually obvious is one solution...

C. But she can also choose the other option and become extremely sexual AND aggressive. Death to all those who opposes her, rape to anything she pleases. If she gets raped? Shrug it off. Link's found the master sword 432432 times, saved Hyrule more than enough... Bout time people learned to either fear her or respect her, lest they get diced to tiny pieces.

In Disagreement With

A. Which is why! I am against A, as being a slut/slave is unbecoming of Link, one of the allegedly greatest heroes (videogame wise) in existence.

D. The same goes for D, hero who saves the world and kills off the forces of darkness over and over again should NOT be a naive the little girl that falls to every scam/con. Unless she's a bloody retard that is, and if she is one...she ain't a hero, and she certainly isn't the Link we know.

Customized Summarization

E. In conclusion, if I were to sum this up according to the customization.

Link's Shyness/Sluttiness: - OR +++, one or the other.
Link's Naivety/Cunning: +++, as she should have experienced enough to make her more keen.
Link's Kindness/Cruelty: +++ AND ---, kind and benevolent to those respectful and "good-hearted". Cruel and merciless to any sap that isn't.

Link's Social direction:
Slavery: --- Slavery, can and WILL be abolished by Link. That or she gets slaves of her own.
Zoras: +++, Technical Zora ruler already, try to get on their better side. Soldiers are good.
Gerudos: Undecided, however +++ ideally to get on everyone's good side. (Unfamiliar with the races and their traits.)
Gorons: Undecided, see Gerudos.

And... that is all. Long vote was long.
Agreed with only two differences.
Link's Shyness/Sluttiness: +, Aggressive when she wants it, but still reacting badly to being raped and similar situations.
Hylian Gerudo: ++, There probably would've been a mutual respect between Link and them before so she would help them out now.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

B/C Link tries to wear clothes in town but in the wilderness and dungeons loss of them is okay, anything that sees her will probably end up hacked.

shyness- 0, link doesn't actively pursue it but knows it's a hazard she'll have many times so isn't too broken when a monster gets her.

cunning- +++, Link is freaking smart to solve the millions of puzzles and trade quests everywhere

kindness- 00 Link is empathic but tries not to blindly rush into things if it seems fishy.

Slavery, --- Bad

Inter racial, +++ for everyone, try to turn the gorons around rather than making them into soup

Gerudo, ++ Not a fan of the ocean tribe but considers the desert tribe part of her family like the kokiri.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Link's Shyness/Sluttiness: Not a prude but not slutty, Ties in with shrewdness that she may use sex to get what she wants if necessary. So like 0+0 or something I guess.
Link's Naivety/Cunning: +++
Link's Kindness/Cruelty: + or ++ Not a total bitch, but not so sweet or doormat-like that she will do anything "stupid".

Link's Social direction: Slavery---. Inter-racial interactions+++ (such as Zora/Hylian). Gerudo society++.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

B/C Link tries to wear clothes in town but in the wilderness and dungeons loss of them is okay, anything that sees her will probably end up hacked.

shyness- 0, link doesn't actively pursue it but knows it's a hazard she'll have many times so isn't too broken when a monster gets her.

cunning- +++, Link is freaking smart to solve the millions of puzzles and trade quests everywhere

kindness- 00 Link is empathic but tries not to blindly rush into things if it seems fishy.

Slavery, --- Bad

Inter racial, +++ for everyone, try to turn the gorons around rather than making them into soup

Gerudo, ++ Not a fan of the ocean tribe but considers the desert tribe part of her family like the kokiri.
I'm going with this.

OP
K

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Mini-comments. Thanks for everyone who posted, this is about how I saw it going, with minor variations. I will get back in the swing of things soon.

And no, the spell is multi-cast. So anytime a new issue comes up, or a special area that we'd like Link to behave differently in, we can re-cast it.

OP
K

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

(Thanks for prompt and encouraging replies. I feel renewed in my direction and have plot in mind once more.

The general custom everyone is aiming for will be:
Shy +1. Link won't suffer combat penalties from being naked, but will be very timid and uncertain in non-combat situations about nudity and sexuality.
Cunning +1. Link won't fall for obvious tricks and can puzzle like mad, but she can be casually manipulated into doing things.
Kindness +2. Link will always go out of her way to try to help those in trouble, but not when it's obvious she can't help and it's a futile gesture.
Cruelty +2 (varies). Although kind usually, Link now has a mean/dominant streak she's itching to try out.

Link will put an end to slavery, and has a generally positive attitude towards all races, but wants to lead them towards a path of good. (Gorons specifically as they have gone down a dark path.)

She may cast this spell again at any time. The spell's primary function is a glance at how votes thus far and her personality will play out towards an ending, however it may be used to fudge her personality for short periods as well.)

The glow of Link's spell slowly dies off and a single image in the water reflected up at her...

(The spell was cast...)
It was Link, quietly hiding in an alley in Hyrule Castle Town, nude, as a few thugs ran past holding up her clothes. She had a few cumsplatters over her and she was blushing to no end, and for an instant, the woman looking down at the water was about to regret her choice, when the hiding woman suddenly sprung out and cracked two thugs over the head at the same time, then hurled a shimmering weapon at the third thug, defeating them all in an expertly timed move.

She dressed again with a sigh and tied the men up, town guard showing up moments later, a Zora and a Goron, of all things, saluting Link as their commander as she saluted them back before the Hylian thugs were dragged off...

It looked like there was still crime and troubles in her current path... but hope for a very good life and a bright future...

Just as Link turned to leave, a strange red jolt burst through the image though and it was gone in the same instant...

Link wasn't entirely sure what it meant, but an image was burned into her head, it was her, chained up and helpless, raped many times without question, and her Ocarina of time laying at the ground nearby, shattered.

A shiver of fear ran down her spine and she worried this may have been part of the spell, that this may have been one of her futures...

Link walked out of the great fairy's fountain with a hopeful smile, though feeling a twinge of lust between her legs still, though more ashamed of it than before as she snuck through the northern quarter stark naked under the shimmering moonlight.

She arrived in the east quarter a minute later, crouched in the darkness of the pass between courtyards, and staring over at the Bombers as they argued on and on about what to do with the freshly captured Gerudo.

"She's dangerous!" "She's evil!" "She's bad!" "She's HOT!"

Three hands flew up and smacked the last boy simultaneously, causing Link to giggle.

All eyes ran to her, and she could only flush deeper as she walked out, covering herself with her hands and tossing the broken deku-stick aside. She pleaded her case once more, this time uninterrupted, telling the bombers that she was a DESERT Gerudo, not one of the pirate Gerudo of the bay, and insisting that she would prove her worth, and wanted their help ending the scourge of the pirate gerudos.

Still shocked, and now actively gawking at the woman who marched right back into their hands, naked, the boys merely stared absently for a few moments until the lead boy finally chimed in.

"Fine. Let's say we believe you. We'll help you any way we can then... AFTER you prove yourself. We have word that the Gerudo are in league with those crooks from the Gormon Track. If you can prove it, you're one of us."

Link remembered the Gormons and their involvement last time she was here. It was nothing but a nod of approval before the Bombers readily returned her gear.

DO DO DO DOOO!!!
Link was given all of her gear back!

Not only that, but there's a whole Gerudo Outfit in here, and a strange looking mask to boot! It looks like half a Gerudo mask, but far better crafted than the one Link toyed with back in Hyrule.

"That mask is just like the one Cremia wore while she was spying for us, before we lost contact with her. As long as you wear it, your body will be disguised as a Gerudo. It's magical, so it can only be removed by you... But be careful anyhow. Come back with something good, and you're one of us." The lead boy nodded, then they quickly scattered, leaving Link free to do what she wanted.

Having her hands on a magical mask again reminded Link sharply of all her old masks though. She knew they were extremely powerful, but she had to let so many of them go during her final battle against Majora. She laid the zora mask and goron mask to rest, having vowed never to disturb their spirits again, and quietly thought back...

There were only two masks she knew for certain where they were.

The old Deku Scrub Mask, and the Fierce Diety Mask. The others all having been taken by those strange children in the evil moon and scattered once more to the world when the moon was destroyed.

Link, dressed again in her skimpy grey outfit, returned to the Clock Tower and reached into a secret compartment she'd created years ago, retrieving the Deku Scrub Mask.

DO DO DO DOOO!
Link may now become a Deku Scrub again... Yay...?

As for the Fierce Diety Mask... Link made sure it was sealed away someplace it wouldn't be abused. The only way she could retrieve it was to seek out the four giants again, as it was hidden in their realm.

(Votes)
Link's Stats: 4.25 / 4.25 hearts. 80 rupees.

(GO1 Condition) High Libido.

(Inventory/Equipment)
Equipment: Gerudo Outfit, "Blue" Two-Piece (extreme damage/no longer covering). Zora's Swimwear (extreme damage/no longer covering), grey remains of outfit (loin cloth + one shoulder top). Silver Scale.
Well-Used Sword+Shield. Twin-Gerudo Blades.

Masks: Deku Scrub, Gerudo.

Inventory: Hero's Bow (25 /25 arrows). Hookshot. Bomb Bag (4 / 10 bombs) 6 Deku Nuts, 2 Deku Sticks. 1 Bottle (Empty). "Goron Market" Key. Dr. Mizumi's Book. Multi-Pictobox (10 rupees to take a picture).

Picture Sets: Link and the Hylian groped at the Inn. Link/Epona in the Stables. Link/Ruto Hugging. Link and Pamela, Biri Egg Birthing, Spiderhouse Rape/Guro.
Companions: Kasuto Lake Biri (May be worn, Electrical attacks), Epona (For Riding)
Songs: Song of Soaring, Epona's Song (Epona and Biri Variations), Saria's Song (Ruto Variation), Song of Time (GO Recovery - Causes lasting penalties.)
Owl Statues: Hyrule Field, Kasuto Field.

Vote 1) A new quest!
a) Link decides to visit the Gerudo Fortress to look for proof of ties with the Gormons.
b) Link decides to visit the Gormon Track to look for ties to the Gerudo.
c) Link decides to check around town for other means of tying the two together.
d) Link attempts to find a lone Gerudo to attack and capture.
e) Link opts to ignore the quest in favor of more grinding.
f) Link goes someplace else to look for other quests and ways to help the world. (Travel Vote... bah it's somewhere, if you really want this, could someone be so kind as to track down the last one I posted, I lost it in my notes ;_; )

Vote 2) Methodology.
a) Link attempts to be herself to complete her task. Wearing grey outfit.
b) Link uses the Gerudo mask and outfit to complete her task.
c) Link stays nude and plays a victim to try to get into the Gerudo/Gormon areas. (May also stay nude to grind or travel.)
d) Other (formulate some alternate plan and suggest here.)

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

1.)d
2.)b

We can use our cunning and dominant streak here to disguise ourselves as a Gerudo, lure an unsuspecting one out, then dominate her for any answers we might be able to get. >:3

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

B
B
And yay now we can turn into.....a bush.....that shoots bubbles....FEAR OUR POWER!

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Joining the bandwagon!

B
B

All aboard!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

though I know i'm outvoted, I'd say
A
B

just for the excuse of going to the gerudo forest, I mean you should already have that gerudo you saved at the beginning to vouch for anything, and there doesn't seem to be much trouble against it, plus the travel would probably gain some small items.

darkwyn

Lurker
Reputation score

though I know i'm outvoted, I'd say
A
B

just for the excuse of going to the gerudo forest, I mean you should already have that gerudo you saved at the beginning to vouch for anything, and there doesn't seem to be much trouble against it, plus the travel would probably gain some small items.
I'll go with this too. It might be riskier, but there are probably more fun things waiting there.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait... does that bit about Cremia spying for the Bombers date from the games? Or is it new?

Hrm... I'm having trouble deciding which to go for... eh, I'll bandwagon-hop:
1) B - visit the Gormon Track to look for evidence. Tempting as the Gerudo Fortress sounds, I don't think Link can pull off the disguise right in front of the Gerudo just yet.
2) B - wear the Gerudo Mask and outfit.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

D, B. Should work.