What's new

Mr.Black's game project (will make new thread at playable v1.0)

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score
I love ULMF Demon girl is what got me hooked on Hgames; so I guess thats why I'm doing this here this is kinda a blog of sorts. I cant seem to get enough of these games they are the affirmation of every kids dream. I like most of you play these games and have my share of ideas but until now I have lacked the ability to make a game.

The author of Nano Crisis is using a technique that really requires little to no real skill. It requires lots of time and without prior knowledge lots of learning the tools, But basically anyone can create a game that has motivation. He is using Daz3d studio and their pre-made 3d models, he then poses the models in positions he likes and uses puppeteer to move the models while taking renders of the models creating 3d jpeg's and plugging them into a .gif creator to make the sprites you see in game. There is quite possibly a variation to this method that simplifies, it but I am still learning. He then takes the newly created sprites and plugs them into GameMaker and BAM we get NanoCrisis.

I plan to: Learn Daz3d studio, Easy gif Animator, and GameMaker to create my own game just like NanoCrisis' author. I encourage others to do the same

I caution; however it is a major project. IF one already knew the programs above and had content in Daz it might not be so bad, but I have already logged 20-40 hours just getting a basic feel for these programs and getting content for DAZ. I do not want every peckerhead in this thread to try and make his/her own game it would be insane with only 1% of games ever being completed. My situation is different I have hours and hours at work I am bored out of my mind and lots of interest.

I am not asking for game suggestions or idea I have enough (read Mr.Blacks "The Mist" to find out I need to post chapter 3 as well)
BUT I am and will be asking for help with learning some of these programs I've got Daz down and gif animator but I my need some help tricks tips with GameMaker when the time comes.

Thanks, Mr. Black-

OP
mrblack

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Mr.Black's game project (will make new thread at playable v1.0)

So far I've played with the programs got a good feel for Daz and gif animator here is my very first gif / daz rendered sprite

this is not to be used in my game it sucks here head is cut off camera angle sucks etc... and its my first preliminary test to see how shit works
now ... how the hell do i post a picuture

OP
mrblack

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

p.s. That leg holster and gun will almost certainly be in my game.

I think I'll go work on chapter 3 of "The Mist" tonight and finish it up. My game will most likely be to that story. Chap 3 will be finished by the AM.

Last edited:

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

Good luck.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Was there any specific reason for why you posted three posts on a row within 10 minutes without anyone else posting?

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think Mr. Black was overly excited. Anyhow, good luck from me. 3D Animations for happy funs.

OP
mrblack

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

Was there any specific reason for why you posted three posts on a row within 10 minutes without anyone else posting?
because there is a difference in subject matter first post is the summery of whats going on second is first update on my work to this point third is the direction I'm going tonight.

Now what the fuck is your problem??? you think I'm some kinda post whore trying to get my #'s up or some shit? psh yeah after being a member here for over a year and not even breaking 50 posts I'm real interested in that.

So if you have a problem with me or how I post I'll take my content and go elsewhere. I had planned on only posting my stuff here making more people come here because like I said I like what this board stands for but if You are the measure of its members then I'll gladly count myself out!
And I'll draw members to another board I like. I assume you must be some mod or admin so tell me what does this place have to offer other than members (I thought I liked) and the loose connection to line Marvel that... oh lets say HentaiFoundry, ToonPimpsPalace, Tentacle Haven, and Hongfire dont???

I would personally expect Thanks to be in order for adding a link to this thread in my signatures on all my other accounts linking to this board
So allow me to be the polite one here THANK YOU for being the first person to post in my thread, a post of such significance and intrinsic value, insinuating stupidity and humiliation to a humble member simply trying to contribute! I'm sure reading your post will make others think so much more highly of me and anything else I post.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

So allow me to be the polite one here THANK YOU for being the first person to post in my thread, a post of such significance and intrinsic value, insinuating stupidity and humiliation to a humble member simply trying to contribute! I'm sure reading your post will make others think so much more highly of me and anything else I post.
*wimpy voice* I was first... ;-;

P.S.
Hooker might be a little fixated with rules(that are mostly guide lines), but there is no need to be all that angry either. I mean, it was in an interrogative form, so there might be a chance he was just curious...

OP
mrblack

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

*wimpy voice* I was first... ;-;

P.S.
Hooker might be a little fixated with rules(that are mostly guide lines), but there is no need to be all that angry either. I mean, it was in an interrogative form, so there might be a chance he was just curious...

you were first, Thank you, and as soon as he replies I'm going to ask that all the posts up to yours be deleted.

CopperTop47

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am actually interested in seeing where this goes, i like member created content, and i like actually seeing the game form.... rather than just one day *poof* here's a game, go play it... i like seeing how this are altered from the enemies to the weapons and so on, so Mr. Black I will look on this page for updates every day i can and will gladly voice my opinion to you if you're interested, but other than that, CREATE ON! and I shall be satisfied with whatever you decide to make!

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Animation looks nice, hopefully you'll get the help you're looking for with the programming part.

Also: Over-reaction is over-reacted.
mrblack said:
because there is a difference in subject matter first post is the summery of whats going on second is first update on my work to this point third is the direction I'm going tonight.

Now what the fuck is your problem??? you think I'm some kinda post whore trying to get my #'s up or some shit? psh yeah after being a member here for over a year and not even breaking 50 posts I'm real interested in that.

So if you have a problem with me or how I post I'll take my content and go elsewhere. I had planned on only posting my stuff here making more people come here because like I said I like what this board stands for but if You are the measure of its members then I'll gladly count myself out!
And I'll draw members to another board I like. I assume you must be some mod or admin so tell me what does this place have to offer other than members (I thought I liked) and the loose connection to line Marvel that... oh lets say HentaiFoundry, ToonPimpsPalace, Tentacle Haven, and Hongfire dont???

I would personally expect Thanks to be in order for adding a link to this thread in my signatures on all my other accounts linking to this board

pyro90

Demon Girl
Reputation score

best of luck to you Mr. black. i like the look of the female + the animation so far. looking forward in seeing how this may turn out. i will be checking regularly. and i don't think i will touch base on the current issue of "over reaction/ over reacting" with that i will quietly leave. good bye.

dragoonistix

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Animation looks nice, hopefully you'll get the help you're looking for with the programming part.

Also: Over-reaction is over-reacted.
whos the other guy?

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

If I'm not mistaken I believe it's Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'm just going to ignore your whining.

OK. It's generally a bad form to post more than one post in a row.

Reputation score

Beetlejuice AND a new game?! =O This thread is already epic :cool:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I liked your mist stories, and a game based around it would be awesome. Looking forward to it.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I haven't read your story yet, though if people are saying they're good then I'll definitely check them out. And I cant wait to see how your game is going to develop. Though I cant help but think the models seem similar in design to the ones Nekoken uses, does he use the same type of program?

Also, is there any place we could get the programs from so we could fiddle around with them as well?

OP
mrblack

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

I haven't read your story yet, though if people are saying they're good then I'll definitely check them out. And I cant wait to see how your game is going to develop. Though I cant help but think the models seem similar in design to the ones Nekoken uses, does he use the same type of program?

Also, is there any place we could get the programs from so we could fiddle around with them as well?

re-read first post explains most of what you asked and as for getting the programs yes they are all freeware you can DL most of the content from DAZ (free) and torrent another 20gigs
I had trouble finding a good gif animator for free until pirate bay saved the day and GameMaker is also free.

The one thing is its kinda like time travel you can only go one direction once you render the images out and make a gif/sprite Daz or the time machine is left behind. In other words you cannot edit a gif with the stuff used to make it. You might be able to open it up in pain or Photoshop for some fun but that will inevitably alter the quality.

You see DAZ/Poser/Carrera/Bryce studio isnt meant to make this kind of stuff at all its meant to make 3d movies this method utilized the basic 10% of DAZ to make good images (bypassing the authors artistic ability or lack thereof) and gamemaker to bypass programming skill or lack thereof