What's new

Multiplayer Gaming

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Multiplayer Gaming

From what I know the only person who plays WoW and is in America on the forums that isn't a Lurker is Burrito (Occam's Razor). That being said I don't really follow any discussions about WoW.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Free multiplayer games? Well EA is comming out with their new Battlefield online game. It has bad Company 2's graphics, and the gameplays ok so far, i managed to play some of the game already, but its something to look forward to. As of right now? My friend, forget multiplayer, Take a trip to New vegas. Fallout New vegas.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

As of right now? My friend, forget multiplayer, Take a trip to Overpriced Glorified Expansion Pack. Fallout Overpriced Glorified Expansion Pack.
Fix'd. Also why so bug gamecrash. I'd mock Obsidian for going for the true Bethesda experience by leaving so many bugs in it, but that'd imply that Obsidian doesn't always do that.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Fix'd. Also why so bug gamecrash. I'd mock Obsidian for going for the true Bethesda experience by leaving so many bugs in it, but that'd imply that Obsidian doesn't always do that.
To be quiet honest with you my good sire, ive yet to experience these game crashes. I guess im rolling High luck right now, but i havent had it yet. Also, I wouldnt go as far to say overpriced expansion. It has everything i wanted from Fallout 2 in it, and that makes the inner Fallout fanboy happy. If fans are upset it doesnt have more graphic expansions/enemies/weapons/and or a longer quest, then really, chill my friend, theres always family video! Or gamefly.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Also, I wouldnt go as far to say overpriced expansion.

I would.

Now, I'll admit countries that aren't mine sell it for about half of that but eh. I didn't like fallout 3 enough to want more, it was a sorta okay game at best imo.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I just loved the fact all the Fallout 2 stuff was there. Ammo types, Lots of factions, and Marcus, the friendly supermutant! yay! Also, the Remnant armor! Thats so awesome to see it in 3-D!

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Monday Night Combat!

So I've got some gift passes, gives 1 day access. Anyone interested?

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Monday Night Combat!

So I've got some gift passes, gives 1 day access. Anyone interested?
is it good?? Ive seen some of the gameplay but i cant pinpoint what kind of game it is. Kinda looks like UT in CoD tight-ass arena quarters, so im unsure.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

is it good?? Ive seen some of the gameplay but i cant pinpoint what kind of game it is. Kinda looks like UT in CoD tight-ass arena quarters, so im unsure.
I haven't played CoD, so I'm not sure what I can say about that, but the maps are fairly small, although there also tends to be a lot of space in them. Not much in the way of confined quarters in them.

It's class based, so in that respect there's a lot of TF2 in it.

I enjoy it a lot, although there's only really one class I can play atm; and I don't feel a need to learn more. I can be fairly good on the offense even with "Support", the classes all have a wide variety of tricks to help deal with situations.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I haven't played CoD, so I'm not sure what I can say about that, but the maps are fairly small, although there also tends to be a lot of space in them. Not much in the way of confined quarters in them.

It's class based, so in that respect there's a lot of TF2 in it.

I enjoy it a lot, although there's only really one class I can play atm; and I don't feel a need to learn more. I can be fairly good on the offense even with "Support", the classes all have a wide variety of tricks to help deal with situations.
So is it kinda like a 2nd TF2?? I just want to make sure because i already own TF2, and id rather not spend money on a game that adds on just a little and not by a landslide.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

So is it kinda like a 2nd TF2?? I just want to make sure because i already own TF2, and id rather not spend money on a game that adds on just a little and not by a landslide.
Well, it's not TF2. The multiplayer matches are hard to explain; both teams have a base, at the heart of which sits their "moneyball". The moneyball is protected by shields, that can only be brought down by the bots that periodically spawn in each team's base. Once the shields are down, direct attacks against it can be made, by either the bots(who typically suicide onto it) or players.

After some time of not being attacked, the shields will restore. Around the base, are a series of turret hubs in which turrets can be built to aid in the defence. There are also a lot of other environmental things around the map that can be bought/activated to shake things up.

So it's got the class based shooter influences of TF2, but a gameplay closer to DOTA/LoL/Whatever, if they were a third person shooter.

Plus, they don't have the fuckton of community crap that is ruining TF2. or crates, or other money grubbing BS.

There's also a single player/co-op survival mode against waves of bots, but I've barely poked at it.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, it's not TF2. The multiplayer matches are hard to explain; both teams have a base, at the heart of which sits their "moneyball". The moneyball is protected by shields, that can only be brought down by the bots that periodically spawn in each team's base. Once the shields are down, direct attacks against it can be made, by either the bots(who typically suicide onto it) or players.

After some time of not being attacked, the shields will restore. Around the base, are a series of turret hubs in which turrets can be built to aid in the defence. There are also a lot of other environmental things around the map that can be bought/activated to shake things up.

So it's got the class based shooter influences of TF2, but a gameplay closer to DOTA/LoL/Whatever, if they were a third person shooter.

Plus, they don't have the fuckton of community crap that is ruining TF2. or crates, or other money grubbing BS.

There's also a single player/co-op survival mode against waves of bots, but I've barely poked at it.
...There we go again with the TF2 community stuff, i really don't see the harm in it still. i may give Monday night combat a buy or something. Is there a demo out?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Ya got someone to play with whenever I'm on one of the high-graphic comps Inc, Combat was the other half of my bday purchase. Enjoying it thus far, still not found a class I'm entirely enjoying yet though assassin is close.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Honestly, I agree with Darmy. Valve's had a waaaaay better track record at not giving into the temptation of just making a quick buck. If they wanted to, they could've made updates all DLC that you had to purchase. But instead, they held out for four long years, trying to keep everything free. All everybody ever does is whine, even when they try to please the players by changing over and over again. I remember a couple years back, everybody was praising them for keeping it real. Then, the minute they release the Mann-conomy, it's "VALVE HAS BECOME A MONEY HUNGRY ROBOT". Yeah, God forbid someone realizes they can make money off this and actually takes advantage of it. It's almost like the Left 4 Dead 2 bullshit boycott. "VALVE IS TERRIBLE. THEY RELEASED A SEQUEL THIS EARLY JUST TO MAKE MORE MONEY". Oh wait, that boycott's dead and everybody's enjoying both games now. If anything, they deserve to finally cut loose and start acting like a real company.

And God only knows how many of you are going to come out and say, "So what? The updates suck anyway. TF2 artwork/ gameplay/ integrity is ruined." There're plenty of vanilla servers for you to play in. They never have the trading idiots and they (obviously) use only the original weapons and map rotations. And if you're so angry about Valve's recent changes, then I suggest you follow .

Oh and apparently people don't realize this. Valve is a big supporter of independent game developers and modders. Who developed the community weapons? Oh yeah, the community developers. And where does a good chunk of that money go to? Oh yeah, the community developers. Shame on you, Valve!

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

First and foremost, track record for not giving into temptation means bugger all once they do. You've never heard a legal defence of "Sure, but look at how many years he wasn't violently murdering people."

Secondly, my contempt from TF2 actually started before this crap, when I just plain got bored of the game. If I'd found a competitive team, it probably would have been different, but I got bored of normal pubs, and my regular server (filled with both awesome mic chatter and above average skill players) was also starting to get dull.

Why? Well, I have 2 main classes. Medic, and Sniper. Medic is not really fun in pubs. It's alright when you've got some good players around who know how to look after you and work with you, but more often than not you don't, and you get people who move places that drags you into danger, not listen when you say someone's behind, or, at worst, sticky jump to get out of danger, leaving you alone and screwed and thinking "We could have gotten out of this"

Sniper, I just got sick of relearning. Every time I stopped playing for a month, I had to get my practice back up and regain my aim. It's hard work, and I found I needed basically constant practice to stay at the level of game that was needed where I played. In the end, I got tired of that.

As far as items and crap go, I just liked it better when there was a set of normal, and unlock-able by achievements gear for each class. With each new crap coming in, not only are your odds of getting something reduced, but does all this junk actually add anything to the game? The crates are just pure rage, and that kinda thing always pisses me off. I also just plain don't like giving people the ability to buy things to get an advantage, even if the advantage is simply "Not having to earn them".

As far as L4D2, I'm pretty sure the rage around that was not because "omg sequel too soon" so much as "Omg, paid sequel containing the content they said they'd be adding to the one I already bought." At least, that was my understanding, as I have neither game, it really doesn't mean much to me.

But hey, I'm glad a single line in my post about a new game derailed the entire discussion into an "OMG LEAVE VALVE ALONE" argument.

I mostly play Support in MNC. I have all the healy power of the medic and all the dispentry gun power of the engineer. Plus I can push the fight forwards and go on the offensive via the use of shotgun, decent HP total (not amazing, but much tougher than the sniper) and airstrikes; delicious airstrikes. My only :| is that you don't get assists for healing people when they make kills in it, making it less fulfilling to just heal people. (Although it does give you cash. Tiny, tiny amounts of cash...)

Spend most of my time healing turrets. Turrets don't run into danger and get me killed. Might heal someone during a push. Might not.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Not really found my nitch in MNC. Tempted to play assassin more due to the fact I'm not too good with all this frontline stuff. Also annoying- connecting to games seem to be really hit-or-miss in my case. It's not really working well or jusst refuses to connect via vs bot games. Also annoying is some games are also saying there's custom content I don't have. There's mods allready?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

As far as L4D2, I'm pretty sure the rage around that was not because "omg sequel too soon" so much as "Omg, paid sequel containing the content they said they'd be adding to the one I already bought." At least, that was my understanding, as I have neither game, it really doesn't mean much to me.
The worst part about l4d2 isn't that you have to buy it twice or that they lied or anything like that, its purely that the content is split over two games. Things would be better if you still had access to the old campeigns as well, rolling the two games into one, so making it an expansion instead of a sequal.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Not really found my nitch in MNC. Tempted to play assassin more due to the fact I'm not too good with all this frontline stuff. Also annoying- connecting to games seem to be really hit-or-miss in my case. It's not really working well or jusst refuses to connect via vs bot games. Also annoying is some games are also saying there's custom content I don't have. There's mods allready?
Nah, it;s just servers who haven't rebooted since it's gone out of beta, or at least that's my understanding. Or perhaps they did, but then they patched in the TF2 crap, causing servers to be out of date (which would explain why when I first jumped on, there was a bunch of new servers including local ones for the first time, but I couldn't connect).

So basically TF2 custom crap ruining another game. LOL TECHNICALITY.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And if you're so angry about Valve's recent changes, then I suggest you follow .
Stop stalking my favorites, you asshole.

So is it kinda like a 2nd TF2??
I hate you so much it's unreal.

ps: tf2's original artstyle has almost completely diminished right now, which is a legitimate reason to stop playing. There was a lot of soul in old TF2, and now it feels like it's all been sucked out, all in the name of dosh.

I certainly wish I was around to experience the old charm.

Last edited:

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Stop stalking my favorites, you asshole.

I hate you so much it's unreal.

ps: tf2's original artstyle has almost completely diminished right now, which is a legitimate reason to stop playing. There was a lot of soul in old TF2, and now it feels like it's all been sucked out, all in the name of dosh.

I certainly wish I was around to experience the old charm.
People tend to hate me. Anyways, soul? I like TF2 just as much as anyone else, but ive yet to see graphic reductions/art style waver/ and or Creativity Diminish. If you have examples, please feel free to share, i'll listen with an open mind instead of a narrow one.