What's new

Multiplayer Gaming

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: Multiplayer Gaming

It's interesting how little it feels like UT considering that fact, yeah.

Heck, both are even competitive bloodsports, but UT doesn't really ever feel like a sport, much. And of course, UT3 was the creators going "You remember when we made Unreal games that had a story? Man, those days were nice..."

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thats funny because monday night combat was built in the unreal engine!
I chuckled.

Also, did you recently start playing TF2 or something? Here's a visual aid:

And don't even get me started on the eyesores that are ugly bright paint and gaudy unusual effects. Spare me.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Eh, I see it as a double-edge sword. Sure, ya got some rather silly additions, but you also got quite the grouping of stuff that's actually good as well. Crates are all round the most annoying thing ever (if only because they are so flipping common) but I still rather use my Sydney Sleeper or Black Box in coparison to the vanilla versions, and the Pyro class saved itself from underpowerism thanks to the Degreaser's quickswitch for Axestinguisher combos (or use of the Backscratcher, which is oft refered to as 'raperake'). Not to mention Degroot Keep is a bloody good time no matter how ya swing it.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Pyro class saved itself from underpowerism thanks to the Degreaser's quickswitch for Axestinguisher combos
Axtinguisher was always good, it just took the degreaser for people to realise it. Flamethrower + Flaregun + Axtinguisher pyro is incredibly powerful if you know how to play it well. But the kinds of people who do that find other classes more fun.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks like an improvement to me. Demopan is where it's at.
I know you're probably kidding, but whether or not it's an improvement isn't the point. The point is, the old art style is diminishing. There's no point in refuting this.

Also, the pyro's offensive capabilities have diminished so much. Switch Demoman to Offensive and Pyro to Defensive. Also nerf the heavy back to his slow ass self so that he's actually used for defense instead of running around with his fucking GRU and pocket medic.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I wear the GRU while spamming the Heavy Hustle. Is that okay with you?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Pyro was always awesome, but yes it has been defense for a long time now. And no, degroot keep absolutely fucking sucks. So does the sleeper

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I chuckled.

Also, did you recently start playing TF2 or something? Here's a visual aid:

And don't even get me started on the eyesores that are ugly bright paint and gaudy unusual effects. Spare me.
"Welcome to Team Fortress 2. After 9 years in development, I hope giving you the chance to not only pay for the game but for every little bell and whistle afterward in order to negate our post-release implemented, exceedingly slow item drop rate system, that it will have been worth the wait.

To listen to a commentary node, put your crosshair over the floating commentary symbol and press your primary fire. A total of $2.99 will be charged to your Steam account for every click."

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm not going to list all the uninstalled ones as honestly that list is too big and I'd be busy with it for hours (over 100 games) (and yes all my games are purchased games!)

I am also not going to list all the installed ones as lol that too will be one massive large list (80 games total)

What I will list though are the main games I play:

League of Legends
Guild Wars (I have em all)
Killing Floor
L4D 1 and 2 (I like 2 the most)
CoD Black Ops
Bad Company 2 and Vietnam
Napoleon Total War (I own all Total War games and could install them again if need be, also pre-ordered Shogun 2 already)
Counter-Strike Source
Team Fortress 2
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2 and expansion (mostly last stand)

and lol at the TF2 then and now picture, so true... at first I was so glad about the updates. But then it suddenly became this random adding fest with every new title having exclusive in-game items and then suddenly random drops and then now the mannco store... ugh...

Last edited:

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

BYOND.

Anyone interested in this, , download the Byond client, and check out these three games.

- one of the funnest passtimes I have. My characters are Nanaya Nanie (Fighter Lv9), Kageru Shaku (Black Belt, Lv9), Kawalski (Black Mage, Lv5), Nanie (RedMage Lv9), RangerYellow (Ninja, Lv19), and a few others. It's truly a unique experience.

Anime slash murder mystery fun, with themes from Tsukihime, Death Note, Evangelion, and the like in this RP game. One person's the killer, and everyone else gets to try to survive slash do what they like.

It's pretty neat. You assign points, feats, and can craft. The hunger system now blows but no real penalty to my knowledge. It's pretty cool.

Pre-Alpha, but still really strong.

If anyone plays Byond or gets Byond, hit me up! My Byond key is Nanie! Add me as a friend and send me a message here or something and I'll be sure to add you!

There are a TON of awesome games on Byond. There's also a ton of shitty games. Like most Dragon Ball Z and Naruto games on there. E-gads, they blow. There's a really cool DBZ one that's RP based though if anyone wants to see it.

Lastly but not last

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

So I just tried out the Tank class in MNC.

It is what Pyro should have been. Use a full clip of ammo to burn an area, good for lane clearing. Flamethrower short range attack for takedown of people, BUT also wields a powerful railgun for long range attacking, which is really quite nasty, and what I tend to use when fighting, as most classes can't do long range attacks so well.

And of course, there's the offensive power. Throw in what is functionally a flashbang first to clear out/stun the area. Then move in burning. People trying to escape? Use a charge to knock them down/send them flying, and pick them off as they recover. Or use charge as a short burst of speed to escape when your health is low. Or possibly both, it recharges pretty quick.

The combined ability to soften targets up and/or blind them before moving in, as well as the fast getaway potential makes this an effective class that had me racking up 28 kills in a round on my second round playing as Tank; which is quite a lot for MNC, as well my new best.

And most awesomly, you're a hard counter to assassins. As with TF2 spies, they're ridiculously overplayed and servers are full of them. Unlike TF2, their backstab isn't auto fatal on heavier classes, a Tank can survive a backstab, get back up, and use the area scorch attack to kill the assassin. How about that for a "Fuck you, learn to play a real class".

The deploy skill isn't my style so I ignored it, but it could perhaps be useful for faster firing rate when attacking from afar; if something that leaves you immobile and thus very vulnerable to snipers.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Beyond deploy-HEADSHOT I don't think MNC really has a hard counter for ANYTHING. Most classes can catch a assassin if they're observant and/or lucky and even then it's finiky to get the backstab to hit. then there's the fact most classes got at least one explosive/AOE ability on them in one form or another makes it hard to really say 'Assassin beats x' or 'Assault should be able to take out x before dying' in one form or another.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Mentioning Byond games without Spacestation13?

Probably the most advanced Byond game, code and game mechanics wise. Well worth playing a few rounds.

It's roleplaying, but really complicated at times. No levels and the like, just roleplaying.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

A friend actually introduced me into Space Station 13 recently, I didn't realise other people here played it. It's not too bad from what I've played though I've had to constantly browse the wiki to understand how to do anything. The last time I played it I played as a Botanist and some fucker had broken the Seed Fabricator before I had time to use it.

And Nanie, you sold me at Red Mage. I'll be downloading that and playing it when I get the chance.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Beyond deploy-HEADSHOT I don't think MNC really has a hard counter for ANYTHING. Most classes can catch a assassin if they're observant and/or lucky and even then it's finiky to get the backstab to hit. then there's the fact most classes got at least one explosive/AOE ability on them in one form or another makes it hard to really say 'Assassin beats x' or 'Assault should be able to take out x before dying' in one form or another.
Yeah, I thought there was a lack of hard counters. Then I played as Tank, and got backstabbed. Trust me, any halfway decent tank player will kill all but the very best assassins if they go for a backstab without seeing you injured first.

The best assassins will be able to smokebomb escape. But they're also likely to attack you before going for the stab to ensure that you die. Good assassins use their shurikens.

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

Mentioning Byond games without Spacestation13?

Probably the most advanced Byond game, code and game mechanics wise. Well worth playing a few rounds.

It's roleplaying, but really complicated at times. No levels and the like, just roleplaying.
To my surprise I actually haven't tried much Space Station 13, though I've heard it is awesome. I should give it a decent shot.

A friend actually introduced me into Space Station 13 recently, I didn't realise other people here played it. It's not too bad from what I've played though I've had to constantly browse the wiki to understand how to do anything. The last time I played it I played as a Botanist and some fucker had broken the Seed Fabricator before I had time to use it.

And Nanie, you sold me at Red Mage. I'll be downloading that and playing it when I get the chance.
My Black Belt is dual wielding leather whips of the rabbit. xD
Hmm, my Red Mage is undertrained but if you are thinking of fielding a Red Mage here's a bit of info.

Each mage starts off with their own spell, and can get two elemental spells. We have Fire, Earth, Ice, Water, Wind, and Lightning. Red Mages start with Poison, White Mages start with Light, and Dark Mages start with Dark. Light is strong vs all non player enemies, and dark is strong vs players and humans.

Anyway, this game has a bit of a unique system. When you get enough experience to level up, rather than pay for the level you can use your currently held experience to increase skill levels. Most stuff's pretty hush hush, but for a Red Mage you're looking at these status effects from elemental spells.

Fire unlocks Berserk,
Earth unlocks Sleep,
Ice unlocks Slow,
Wind unlocks Mute,
Lightning unlocks Fear,
and Water unlocks Confuse.

I advise focusing on levels above proficiencies at least until level level nine, or you hit your current level cap.

So long as you are able to and willing to put enough experience into certain proficiencies, ANYONE CAN WIELD ANYTHING. My first playthrough I had a white mage that just ran and people and butchered them with a Buster-Shade of the Bear. (Dark elemental, I think Tier 2 and Knockback)

Anyway, if you have questions about it I'll definitely help you. We'll go train and shit sometime. My main character is Nanaya Nanie, a level nine fighter. Despite how he's ten levels lower than my ninja, he's pretty epic. I fucking love a fighter's Cleave ability.

Lurker
Reputation score

Champions Online just went free to play. I generally am not big into mmos, but I'm not bored yet.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well I've been playin g FFO for a bit, and I have to say it's pretty good so far. Though I am a bit confused at the moment because I can't seem to find anywhere that shows how much is in each of my stats or that it doesn't show a progression bar/whatever for the experience in each skill, not does it say what items are better than each other. Or at least I can't find where it says that.

At the moment I'm a lv.3 Red Mage with a Lv.10 Cure and Lv.2 in Dual Wielding. Currently dual wielding two rapiers which I've been slowly upgrading. I do want to buy new spells, but I can't seem to find where they are in Banian.