What's new

Multiplayer Gaming

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: Multiplayer Gaming

Interjection: SILENCE MEATBAGS!
I'm a bit late but...

Revan's rebirth!? Arguably the greatest Sith Lord AND the greatest Jedi Knight ever... reborn... my brain broke. There is no way this can be good for the established canon, but fuck it. Revan's just that awsome. I still say Revan should have been a girl.

And seeing HK again makes me very happy.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I can see it now: TF2 is going to be populated by Heavies, Soldiers with Battalion Backup, and Medics. Maybe some Scouts wearing the new gear on CP maps.

Soldier Updates:
-Set Bonus: Eh. Good for breaking an enemy team's defense if they're holed up at a point on Payload or CP if a couple of Soldiers have it.
Of course, I say a couple, but it would probably only take a single skilled Soldier, who's able to do that with vanilla stuff already anyways.
-The Black Box: Eh. Everyone uses Equalizer. This just makes it take that much longer to get the Equalizer to the 1-hit-kill point.
-Battalion's Backup: Even if the aura doesn't stack, this can make a Heavy/Soldier combo VERY difficult to take down. Unless you're a Spy, of course. Unless the back-stab counts as a crit. Which it shouldn't.
-Hat: More hats = always good.

Scout:
-Set Bonus: WOW, A WHOLE 25 HEALTH! GEE GOLLY, THAT SURE IS SWELL!
=.=
Well, I say that now, but watch a shit-ton of Scouts get away simply because of the health increase.
Just to die 5 seconds later anyways.
-Mad Milk: I'd have to see this used in-game. Is it just the Scout that heals? Does it heal everyone who hits the affected enemy? Do you have to hit the enemy to get the heals as the Scout, or can you just toss it and let a friendly Heavy light them up to heal you?
-The Shortstop: How severe is the slow? Natascha-level severe, or half that?
Either way, I can see people calling for some sort of nerf to this already.
-Hat: See: Soldier, -Hat
-The Holy Mackeral: :D :p
Ah, but yeah. level 42 fish? Does that mean more damage than the vanilla Bat, or is that just flavor text?

Pyro:
-Set Bonus: Seems balanced to me. More speed, but take more bullet damage.
Of course, that comes at the cost of using the items...
-The Degreaser: 65% faster weapons switch at the cost of 25% less burn damage? Seems like it would work nice with the Axtinguisher, otherwise not so good.
-Hat: YAY.
-The Powerjack: On its own, okay. If used on someone that's been Jarate'd, MASSIVE DAMAGE. Plus you get health back when you kill someone. Amount of health regained might get nerfed.

Sniper:
-Set Bonus: So, does that mean headshots don't count at all, or just don't do the bonus 'headshot' damage?
-Hat: YAY.
-Darwin's Danger Shield: If you're going to use the Sydney Sleeper instead of the Jarate Jar, okay, fine. Maybe. If you're not using the Sydney Sleeper, meh. I ike my jelly jar.
-The Bushwacka': Pyros will murder you, but then again, if you have the Jarate Jar, you can put those flames out anyways. Seems fine to me now, but I can bet enough people will make this weapon look OP.
-The Sydney Sleeper: Nice for if you want to use the Bushwacka as often as possible, since the jar does have a CD. Also seems like a decent support item, though if you're going to be sitting back, you might want to use the entire set, so you're not insta-sniped by a counter-Sniper.

Spy:
-Set Bonus: Really. A decrease to decloak sound volume and a .5 increase to 'claok blink time', which I'm assuming means it takes .5 seconds to go into and come out of cloak, or at least go into cloak. Is the sound really that big an issue?
-Your Eternal Reward: ..... Really?
*sigh* I'd like to say it's shitty, as any AWARE team is going to notice that the person died, but then I remember the countless times I've seen a vanilla spy stab an enemy, flip open the disguise book, take the victim's identity, and be alright up until the victim spawned as a Pyro and lit them up.
-L'Etranger: Kinda good, kinda bad. Depends on how you play.
-Hat: WOOT, FEZ!

All-in-all, the new class items are as they should be: situational.

Now, as for the MANN CO. store..... Jebus Chrispies. I mean, I can see why they did it, but, really..... Jebus Chrispies.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

-Your Eternal Reward: ..... Really?
*sigh* I'd like to say it's shitty, as any AWARE team is going to notice that the person died, but then I remember the countless times I've seen a vanilla spy stab an enemy, flip open the disguise book, take the victim's identity, and be alright up until the victim spawned as a Pyro and lit them up.
I'm not too sure about that. From what the FAQ on the website implies, the knife is a "silent killer", which I think means that the kill won't be announced to everybody.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know about the kill "showing up" but I know it makes almost NO NOISE at all. There's no death scream, i think the only thing you can hear is knife hit flesh and they INSTANTLY change. It at least takes out the difficulty of having to disguise real quick. So pretty much if you're teammate gets backstabbed, you have a very little window to see that he was backstabbed on your screen, remember that it makes no noise, then decide to check your general area. It makes running through groups easy as hell.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Kus, you're a cool dude, but your opinions suck so much ass.

Scout with 150 hp = fucking death sentence if he's any good. Of course, this means losing your scattergun and pistol, so it's questionable as to whether or not it's worth it. I'm still not sold on the shortstop. Sounds like the scout got his own natascha, except a lot shittier.

Here's what I expect to see from pyros: Fuckers running around at medic speed raping shit with their melee weapon that's MORE FUCKING POWERFUL THAN THE SKULLCUTTER and getting almost half of their health back per kill. Oh, but it can't crit, so it's balanced. k.

Snipers who equip everything are mostly going to be snipers who suck ass at nailing headshots and get counter sniped to hell.

The only polycount pack I like is the spy's. The knife is extremely interesting. There's no death scream, but I'm willing to bet that a death notice will still appear, and the disguise is instant. The spy's been given another tool that rewards him due to the enemies not paying attention for half of a second and general incompetence. This thing should be fantastic for chain stabs, and really rewards spies who can sneak behind enemy lines with only their cloak. Paired with the cloak-restoring revolver, I'm going to THOROUGHLY enjoy invisible watch spy more than I ever did before.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Also I was looking through the encyclopedia. What's the vita-saw and how come it's just randomly included with the polycount? Unless it isn't and Valve just put that there to tease me. I'd really like to experiment with that weapon.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know if the release dates match up, but there's a few "scrapped" ideas they put in, I think the vita saw is one There's also some heavy gloves that make you like 30% faster when you have them out, but drain like 6 hp a second and half damage

and a frying pan and training rocket launcher

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Oh, I'm sure I'll change my mind on at least half the items once I actually see them in use/use them. This is really just a first impression.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Interesting note- I saw the thread that the developer of the 'Saharan Spy' pack showed off partial work in. Most of the 'Eternal Rewards' original description, and it's name, is a reference to the movie 'Aladdin' and various quotes thereof, and the revolver is similar to Middle-Eastern craftmanship.

It should also be noted he did a female reskin of the Heavy and Medic, and also had a Spy WIP on the same fourumsite

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I crafted the new spy stuff (except for the hat) and used them a bit on pubs. I like the Eternal Reward, but the cloak recharging revolver hasn't found much use.

Getting that first kill is a bitch, and I don't like being hesitant to backstab a heavy or soldier for fear of being stuck with a slow disguise. I also dislike how missing a stab leaves you without a disguise to fall back on, only your cloak. I LOVE this weapon though, because it rewards spies who can get backstabs in more situations than stalking a slow moving power class or stab sapping an unaware engineer, and it also rewards spies who can use their cloak to their advantage, i.e. Invisible Watch spies.

Plus the draw animation actually has some love put into it. Thanks, valve. You actually didn't fuck the spy over this time. This almost makes up for all of the recent indirect nerfs.

F

Fridayunited

Anyone play Monday Night Combat? Pretty much TF2 + DoTA. Awesome game and highly recommended.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Tried the free weekend of Sol Survivor, pretty good game, best tower defense I've ever played, but seeing as its a comerical game, that's to be expected. The coop and other MP game modes were a refreshing change from the ususal. Great graphics and music too, I'm listening to the music files right now infact. Probably won't buy it though as I'm ovebudget right now.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

So, recently I've found 3 free-to-play games that I like to varying degrees.
Also, all are put out by Nexon.

: Closed right now, will be open on the 13th. Played during early access, had quite a bit of fun. It's an MMO Dungeon Crawler. All quests take place in a personal dungeon, so there's no massive over-world to traverse and fight monsters in. I highly recommend you check it out when it opens back up.

: Just started this one today, having fun so far. Again, all action takes place in dungeons and it's MMO, but instead of 3D like Vindictus, it has that 2D side-scrolling arcade beat-'em-up thing going for it. Can't say much about it yet, since like I said, only started today, but so far, so good.

: Tried this out for the last couple of days. It's an MMO FPS. You set up a room (pick game mode, etc.), wait for people to join, and play. So far I've only tried the PvE mode 'Fireteam', but it's pretty good. Can't really recommend this, but if you feel like checking it out, go for it.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Personally, if you like Combat Arms I suggest A.V.A. as a substitute. Least there you can keep your effin weapons for a perm payout for ingame currency, and you're able to set up a Pointman (SMG and Shotgun), Rifleman (Assault Rifles) and Snipers (What's on the tin) and switch between em as ya go.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Forget the other two games released by Nexon. Vindictus is the only GOOD one.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I liked dungeon fighter for what it was worth. When I didn't really have other games to play, it kept my attention.

However, like Keylo said, this Vindictus looks like it might be tonsafun.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Forget the other two games released by Nexon. Vindictus is the only GOOD one.
They've got other games as well, I just haven't tried them.

Yeah, Combat Arms, like I said, I can't really recommend it.
@ Lurker: Yeah, I tried A.V.A. once. It's not that I didn't like it, but ijji screwed me over in GunZ a couple of times when I bought weapons from the site using G-coin. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, since all the G-coin I ever got was from doing surveys, so no money lost, but they weren't at all helpful in trying to get me my stuff. Maybe Combat Arms will make me want to play A.V.A. again, eventually, but for now, I'm staying away from ijji.

As for Dungeon Fighter, tried it out some more this morning, still loving it.

Yes, Vindictus is very awesome. Though you will only get so far solo unless you're willing to put the time into it. Seriously. The one mission where you have to kill 100 Veteran... I forget, they were Gnolls, right? Anyways, that was a pain in the ass to do solo with the 'don't use hp pots' oath. Character kept wanting to do the wrong move, so I kept getting smacked and having to run around to regen health for 15-30 minutes. Managed to beat it in only 2 tries, but jebus was that annoying.
ANYWAYS. Point is, you'll want at least 1 other person to play with. You'll also want to be sure to be on the correct server. All my buddies accidentally chose 'West' when they should have chosen 'East', and I'm doing my best to convince them to just make new characters on the 'East' server (I think that's how it works, at least?). The lag isn't that horrible, but it's noticeable enough that I keep accidentally hitting them with a spear when I meant to just prep it.

Oh, also, something I really like: Your armor/shield does have durability, and it can break if you get hit enough, but once the mission ends, it gets fully repaired, so unless you tend to get hit a lot or know that a tough boss battle is coming up, you don't really need to repair your armor. Though, if you're playing the girl with the shield and the shield breaks, then you might wanna repair your shit.

EDIT:

Okay, for Dungeon Fighter Online, not liking the 'fatigue' meter so much. Really? I can only go through 156 rooms? Granted, it doesn't count rooms you've already explored, but, seriously? Kinda kills it a little for me. Burning through that 156 limit isn't exactly difficult for an explorer such as myself.

For those of you who are lost/care: Each dungeon you go into gets a new layout just about every time you go in it. Sometimes there are more rooms, sometimes there are less. Your fatigue meter goes down by one for each 'new' room you enter in the dungeon. I think the largest I've seen so far has had 20 rooms. ANYWAYS. you only get 156 fatigue points per day. Once you run out, you have to wait 'till 6AM for them to reset (not sure of the time zone).

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Does she get more naked the more her armor breaks? Because I might not repair anything if that's the case.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Does she get more naked the more her armor breaks? Because I might not repair anything if that's the case.
Yes and no. All characters have basic under-clothing that it's impossible to break. So, even with the top layer of armor gone, most you'll get is midriff and legs. Very hot midriff and legs, but nothing else.

Also, the enemies really, really hurt if you don't have armor. Really.