What's new

Remembrance Day

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Remembrance Day

To those who have been strong for us. To those brave enough to give their lives for us. Lest we forget.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I'm always proud of the men and women fighting overseas, and it just makes repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" all the more important. They've been discharging homosexual soldiers recently but the repeal is gaining a lot of strength. They are just as capable as straight soldier, and are just as easily distracted.

Anyone who has the gumption to fight deserves to be there.

>.>

<.<

-pushes soapbox back into the corner-

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I dont really show it all that often but I do have respect for the people who fight for us, and it really pissed me off yesterday when the foreigners talked all the way through the two minute silence.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I dont really show it all that often but I do have respect for the people who fight for us, and it really pissed me off yesterday when the foreigners talked all the way through the two minute silence.
Wow, you guys have 2 minutes? We only have one...

Also, I was working at the Master's Golf tournament at the time. There was no announcement, nor any formal declaration of it at all. I suppose pausing for a minute might be disruptive to Tiger Woods' golf game -.-;

That said, the catering staff did take a minute when the time came, at least according to their own watches and the likes; since the event didn't participate. I guess people just plain care less if it doesn't give them a public holiday.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

As far as I'm aware it's always been a two minute silence in Britain. And everything stopped in work for that two minutes, well except those fucking immigrants.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I was only 20 when I went over, and a guy in another platoon was only 19... maybe 18. Young folks barely out of highschool start training and sign a dotted line saying they've committed themselves to the coming mission, fully aware of everything that can happen because they drill it into our heads. It is kind of scary, but it's always the young that have fought. All those old vets we see today were only 18/19 or so when they went into WWII. Folks even lied about their age to get in early.

It's a sad thing of war...

Also, a picture done up by artist Silvia Pecota.
My grandpa was 17 when Pearl Harbor happened, he was there. Lied about his age to get in. The navy found out afterwards and sent him to a mental hospital, but he broke out and managed to get assigned to another ship. Three of the four ships he was on got sunk before the war was over.

Vina-Fran

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I heard on the radio today, there are protesters showing up to soldiers/marines/seamen/airmen funerals with the general theme of "Our warriors get killed because God hates our nation." The DJ was irate, and after a tirade, made the general warning of "If they showed up to a funeral I was a part of, I would do something so horrendous I would be put in prison for life, and most of those protesters would never have the guts to protest again... because they wouldn't be around to do so."

...I've never cursed in such agreement in my life.

What a terrible, selfish, and cruel way to garner support your movement.

But instead of giving them the attention they so desperately want, I shall live my life for the men and women who died making sure I can. I thank them all, all over the world that felt someone needed to take matters into their own hands.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

On the subject of protesters.....

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Ah, yes. No funeral or remembrance would be complete without those douchebags showing up

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

There's always one group of uninformed trolls everywhere. Luckily ours have thier cute and cuddly moments. These people, however, are the type that'd probably nail themselves on a cross then say the rest of the world is going to hell because of it.

Shoot, I should spoiler that, don't wanna give em any ideas.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

It's Westboro Baptist Church, and pretty much everyone hates them right back, thankfully. They were in one of the small towns around here once, but I didn't know untill after the fact, or I would have gone and thrown something at them.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

One thing that gives me hope: I have yet to meet a person who doesn't think Westboro Baptist Church are a bunch of douchebags. Seriously, I think there are more people that sympathize with Nazis than with those guys.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

quite frankly i think this thread deserves more respect than to bring up the westbro baptist church.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

quite frankly i think this thread deserves more respect than to bring up the westbro baptist church.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I just brought it up because the person writing the article believes they should be put in jail on the grounds of treason, with which I whole-heartedly agree.

I get what you're saying, though.

I'm whitey, and I apologize.

Last edited:
OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Agreed, I'd rather not be reminded of their insults.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As far as I'm aware it's always been a two minute silence in Britain. And everything stopped in work for that two minutes, well except those fucking immigrants.
At least on the BBC's news channel, seeing absolutely everything in the major areas go still and silent, along with the stories and images of children wearing their or parent's or grandparent's medals in honor is quite powerful in its effect.

Mini-Rant;
However it's saddening, to see in the newspaper, images of fanatics protesting with zero dignity and burning flags and Poppies (or any nation's icons for that matter) at the same time with condemning placards better suited for the incinerators. Shame on them, how they didn't get arrested for such blatant disregard for Armistice Day is difficult to understand.

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Mini-Rant;
However it's saddening, to see in the newspaper, images of fanatics protesting with zero dignity and burning flags and Poppies (or any nation's icons for that matter) at the same time with condemning placards better suited for the incinerators. Shame on them, how they didn't get arrested for such blatant disregard for Armistice Day is difficult to understand.
I don't care if its politically incorrect or inhumane or whatever, those kinds of people, the extremists and fanatics, should all be shot on sight. Make it a fucking massacre to show them who's in charge. Sure, it may spur other extremists but then we kill them until none of them are left standing. Then maybe they'll realise we're not to be fucked with.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

One problem of that idea is that it'll be used as propaganda for whoever already hates the West as well as a number of organizations for Yuman Rites and what-not will rage at any sign of brutality. More recruitment, who might become fanatics... worsening the problem, which makes more conflict, additional fuel for propaganda, more recruitment who'll turn into more fanatics and spread more hate which will... It's not as simple as 'waste them all' when we already have dozens in the system, as fanatics don't always operate in the open.

Though I agree on them being punished, in accordance with the nation's jurisdiction without appeasement to any side. I'm not fully sure of all the laws or religions, but whatever you do its possibly a lose-lose situation.

I'm gonna drop it there, as I feel it's the wrong place.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Then we do what I want to happen; nuke everyone who crosses us.